Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Embiids score should be Lebron-1 by definition.

Hell, agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Disagree.

Look how skinny (relatively) Shaq is there, drat. Then consider he was like 280 already

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Wizards

e: Also I fixed some of your bench minutes to more accurately reflect your pimping post, got Thornwell, Muscala in there next week etc. Delly's really underperforming right now

Ok I'm simming momentarily so I'll get to any stat/box score requests after the next update (should have one tomorrow)

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 29, 2017

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

lol, Kemba and Barnes are trying to take as many shots away from Durant as humanely possible.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Lockback posted:

lol, Kemba and Barnes are trying to take as many shots away from Durant as humanely possible.

I'm in, can't wait to see Thornwell post some 0/0/0 games

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Brogeoisie posted:

He just ruptured his achilles lmao. Sorry

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I hope Skal's getting at least 20 mpg he earned it last season

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Cool Buff Man posted:

Fuckkk

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

e: Also I fixed some of your bench minutes to more accurately reflect your pimping post, got Thornwell, Muscala in there next week etc. Delly's really underperforming right now

Brogeoisie posted:

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lmfao what a ride

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

He didn't have a ton of minutes or anything, who would you like to replace his minutes? Or just give some more minutes to the guys above him

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Show me my .500 bucks.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Could I see some Grizzle stats? I wanna know how I went from blowing the gently caress out of the Timber Wolves to getting my rear end beat by them.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I already ran the sims for the next week so I'm in the process of screenshotting and I'll get you guys tomorrow

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

He didn't have a ton of minutes or anything, who would you like to replace his minutes? Or just give some more minutes to the guys above him

Sacrifice Mario Chalmers to the injury gods

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cool Buff Man posted:

You got it.

-

Doltos here are your boys grades (I cropped the last 3 wrong, sorry about that, shift the ratings one column over)

I actually agree with a lot of these ratings. Josh Jackson is way too high and Alan Williams is way too low but other than that it's pretty good. Plus whoever made these rosters overrated Ulis and West so that's a pleasant addition to my bench.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
I'm almost afraid to ask, but can I get the stats for the as yet winless Hawks? Don't think my boys have lost a game by less than 10 points yet, I have to make some drastic changes!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I'll get the Hawks and Grizzlies stats after I post the update a bit later today

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yeah I think I'm gonna not reveal player ratings anymore cuz it'll just lead to stuff like this and I don't really want people optimizing their lineups around what an overall rating says. Also overall rating isn't that useful, it's ab out what they're good at, you can get a high overall by pumping speed and athleticism but still have poo poo scoring attributes and the player will be junk

If only someone would have told Gerald green that...

And just saw you started this thread, thanks for all the effort you've put in. These sports sims are always way more fun than they have any right being

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I posted this in the wrong thread

:

CBM we talk about how my lineup is set up because i have a bery specific one in my mind

Jrue and Rodney Hood are obvious 1 and 2, I dont know anything about 2k so i dont know how you can set priorities or anything but htis is how i'd let it go, 3 would Oubre jr, 4 would be Jamychal Green, 5 would be Thon Maker

Backup pg would be split between Justin Anderson/ Sumner, backup 2 is I'm like Anfernee I do things the Hardway, 3 is Scornier Fournier, 4, Richaun Holmes, but he would also play 4 alongside thon, and play 5 alongside Jamychal, the 3rd center is big Ike, then back of bench is Terrance Ferguson and Dragan with some token minutes to get them playing time

I'd want Oubre Jr Hood /Fournier Hardaway to get to mix and match. I'm thinking like that charlotte team of two years ago that was 100% wings and little man kemba and 3 p shooting centers. Just balling and being super athletic and long

If the in game rankings make that impossible then i guess let it be, but if you can change the in game rankings change them so that they're correct and they value my versatile passing men

And its good to see that this game values Richuan Holmes as the swing 4/5 but not that my virtual gm would get rid of the guy that lets them play thon at 5

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

alansmithee posted:

If only someone would have told Gerald green that...

And just saw you started this thread, thanks for all the effort you've put in. These sports sims are always way more fun than they have any right being

No problem man :)

Dejan Bimble posted:

I posted this in the wrong thread

:

CBM we talk about how my lineup is set up because i have a bery specific one in my mind

Jrue and Rodney Hood are obvious 1 and 2, I dont know anything about 2k so i dont know how you can set priorities or anything but htis is how i'd let it go, 3 would Oubre jr, 4 would be Jamychal Green, 5 would be Thon Maker

Backup pg would be split between Justin Anderson/ Sumner, backup 2 is I'm like Anfernee I do things the Hardway, 3 is Scornier Fournier, 4, Richaun Holmes, but he would also play 4 alongside thon, and play 5 alongside Jamychal, the 3rd center is big Ike, then back of bench is Terrance Ferguson and Dragan with some token minutes to get them playing time

I'd want Oubre Jr Hood /Fournier Hardaway to get to mix and match. I'm thinking like that charlotte team of two years ago that was 100% wings and little man kemba and 3 p shooting centers. Just balling and being super athletic and long

If the in game rankings make that impossible then i guess let it be, but if you can change the in game rankings change them so that they're correct and they value my versatile passing men

And its good to see that this game values Richuan Holmes as the swing 4/5 but not that my virtual gm would get rid of the guy that lets them play thon at 5

Your wish is my command my man, I'll set up your lineup as such when I finish my screenshots later

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WEEK THREE of the NBA SEASON! Stats are starting to slowly even out but there are still a few surprises here in the early parts of the 2016 season.

Day 13

Day 14

Day 15

Day 16

Day 17

Day 18

Day 19

Mavs
Brandon Knight - Broken Wrist - 4-6 weeks

Blazers

Derrick Rose - Lower Back Strain - 1-2 weeks

Raptors
Paul Millsap - Sore foot - 1-2 weeks

Lakers
Brandon Ingram - Separated Shoulder - 2-4 weeks

Wizards
Sindarious Thornwell - Ruptured Achilles - Season

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Stats for...

Grizzlies

Hawks

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I'm going out tonight for some reason so the stat/box score requests from today will be fulfilled tomorrow, when I post the rumor mill section!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Markelle Fultz is averaging 4 offensive boards a game, there is no way there's a funnier stat

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

Markelle Fultz is averaging 4 offensive boards a game, there is no way there's a funnier stat

He's out of control - he's taking over the game of basketball. I may write an email to the URB guy and tell him to make rookies a lot worse in the future. Most are rated low enough but the "top end" ones are too good

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cool Buff Man posted:

He's out of control - he's taking over the game of basketball. I may write an email to the URB guy and tell him to make rookies a lot worse in the future. Most are rated low enough but the "top end" ones are too good

The real versions of these games aren't going for a simulation, they serve as hype machines for rookies, popular players and teams, etc. So I get why the rookie dudes are better than reasonable and offense is vastly more important than defense and so forth. If these guys are going for a more sim type game though that probably needs tweaking. Like why are the Raptors and Bulls so mediocre? Those are two of the absolute best lineups. I suspect it's because both are better at defense than offense by a good margin.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

The real versions of these games aren't going for a simulation, they serve as hype machines for rookies, popular players and teams, etc. So I get why the rookie dudes are better than reasonable and offense is vastly more important than defense and so forth. If these guys are going for a more sim type game though that probably needs tweaking. Like why are the Raptors and Bulls so mediocre? Those are two of the absolute best lineups. I suspect it's because both are better at defense than offense by a good margin.

Raps and Bulls went 3-1 this week so I think they're figuring it out. Typical superteam growing pains. That's realistic! Hahah

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

BRANDON KNIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Drunk Canuck posted:

BRANDON KNIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Art imitates life

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Hah Knicks beat the Nets

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DeimosRising posted:

Spacing and ~7 foot wingspan~

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Quincy Acy, three point mastermind

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
I don't get why my Hawks are so bad in this. I was expecting to be boring and uninspired but at least mediocre, around .500, but 1-8!? With the only win against the Bulls for some reason. Goddamn I'm a terrible NBA GM, and thus person :eng99:

Edit: Hey CBM, is there any way to get a minutes breakdown? Looks like my bench really isn't doing anything, I want to see if it's because they aren't playing, or if it's because I vastly overrated the competence of Archie Goodwin and E'Twaun Moore....

The B_36 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jul 30, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Sorry no update today, its gonna be every other day from now on like I said in the OP!

The B_36 posted:

I don't get why my Hawks are so bad in this. I was expecting to be boring and uninspired but at least mediocre, around .500, but 1-8!? With the only win against the Bulls for some reason. Goddamn I'm a terrible NBA GM, and thus person :eng99:

Edit: Hey CBM, is there any way to get a minutes breakdown? Looks like my bench really isn't doing anything, I want to see if it's because they aren't playing, or if it's because I vastly overrated the competence of Archie Goodwin and E'Twaun Moore....

Yeah I'll get the minute breakdown for you later or in the morning before I head out

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Hearts will be broken tonight

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Sounds like the "Joffrey Game" finally happened

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Most likely to be injured hmm... maybe Kawhi?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I can't believe cbm didnt give me a rose

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Doltos posted:

Most likely to be injured hmm... maybe Kawhi?

:eyepop:

Metapod posted:

I can't believe cbm didnt give me a rose

HUH? I don't know what you mean, did I miss a stat request or somethin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You said hearts will be broken I made a bad bachelorette joke

• Locked thread