Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

The Deleter posted:

Holy loving poo poo of the five games I played today 4 of them were reduced to me frantically and ineffectually painting the enemy's back line as the rest of my team were spawnlocked and incapable of doing anything. If Nintendo hadn't made the worst voice/party solution ever devised I'd be jumping on that immediately.

maybe you should go back to the spawn and help them dummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Had a rainmaker match where we were in overtime and had the rainmaker on our side of the map and needed to gain 7 points to win. I died yet it looked like we weren't going to lose yet. Before I could get back to the fight my team somehow pushed ahead against all odds and got the job down. Since this game has its share of "where's my team?" moments it's always nice to get to have a moment where they get the job done without me.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Coming back from behind to win in Tower Control overtime is one of the greatest moments in gaming ever. Just saying.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm going to figure this heavy splatling thing out drat it

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Why do I go on a losing streak everytime I pop a meal ticket

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

leftist heap posted:

maybe you should go back to the spawn and help them dummy

I'm not about the being spawncamped lifestyle.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Why do I go on a losing streak everytime I pop a meal ticket

The same reason you go on a losing streak whenever you're one win away from safety or ranking up

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Got to S+0 Rainmaker, and only one Japanese person in my lobby if people were wondering how matchmaking was working there. There is someone at Level 41 though, which seems ridiculous even with EXP tickets.

I'm in B for the other modes, I should really play them more. The ridiculous drop in playing ability really annoys me.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Fauxtool posted:

As a lvl 1 I had to try 8 times to get a game going. People kept dropping right before it was full. Are they leaving because they don't want to risk having an utter newbie on their team?

No, the match maker gets extra confused with level 1 players because it hasn't created a skill profile for you yet and it's desperately searching for one other level 1 to put on the opposite team.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So, a week after the madness of launch and Marina hype at maximum I just want to say that I accept Perl as the Emenim / ChibiUsa cross-up that I never thought I wanted in my life.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I was having trouble getting matches started before 5PM EST, guessing everyone is getting home now though.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

So the dual squelchers drop tonight right? Any idea if we're gonna need to be a certain level to buy them? I don't remember if that was the case for the brush.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I am so glad you can get multiple raises in your rank because after taking out most of the enemy team and having the fourth one splat you only to find out that your team is still back painting in ranked mode you really want to get to a rank where your team will know what they're doing.

Well you just explained why there's no voice chat

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The lack of voice chat means people can't hear me spinning in a circle thrusting as I dunk the rain maker, and that's a real shame

Edit: maybe kids don't need to hear that

Zelder fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 29, 2017

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Someone post that comic with the dudebro angrily chewing out a child for not playing this game for children the right way, it's always relevant

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But the one with the proper language for the game.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
So I just got this game for my birthday: played a bunch of Splatoon last year but I'm out of practice, any general tips for how to play the game? I know the basics but anything that they changed up for the sequel I would be glad to know about.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Manuel Calavera posted:

But the one with the proper language for the game.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I don't think the blaster is as useless as I originally thought. It's just a very methodical and defensive weapon these days. In Spaltoon 1 you could go hogwild with its crazy ink efficiency with the bubbler as your crutch, instant kill shots were a lot easier on people who closed the gap.

As I've gotten used to it, and have a different set of abilities more tailored to weapon's role, it's actually a lot of fun.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Okay the buckets are My Weapon but I wish there was an autofire bucket or something because my poor right pointer finger

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004

Lakbay posted:

Okay the buckets are My Weapon but I wish there was an autofire bucket or something because my poor right pointer finger

I wonder if it's Nintendo subtly telling players that the buckets aren't for turf wars because I feel you pain too.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I don't get splatzones. We have almost the whole zone and it's not counting? They shoot it like twice and the whole thing just suddenly becomes the other teams?

Wish you got rewarded more then basically zero xp for a loss.

e: I don't get the penalty meter - I think the zone isn't counting or something?

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 29, 2017

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
lol i just had a game with two ink clouds dueling above the splat zone

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
These salmon run weapons are painful....

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

LethalGeek posted:

I'm going to figure this heavy splatling thing out drat it

It has way more range and damage than people realize

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

If those upcoming dual squelchers have the range of the jet squelcher I'm gonna poo poo my pants in both fear and joy.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm a squid now, I'm a kid now

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Sorry in advance to other people who are playing salmon run.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I play SR when it's Splat Zones and Turf War, I'm thinking I'll go get dinner then just go back to Turf War, this is a real bad weapon set for solo queue

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Whomever put the brush in Salmon run can go die in a fire

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I like the brush, I can attack the stingray dudes

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

oh my god I'm so sorry salmon run people

I'm so sorry

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I think I'm going to skip out on this Salmon Run. That weapon set looks horrendous. :catstare:

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Had an interesting turf war match-up tonight on Musselforge. Our team had three various shooters (no aerospray) and a dualie against... (wait for it) ...four aerosprays! As you can imagine, they all built up their specials quite quickly and all started spamming curling bombs. We had the range advantage, but they had coverage. In the last 30 secs, I made across that final grate and up into their spawn to finish off some unsuspecting dudes with a splashdown. I'm going to take credit for that win.

Also had two wins where we were down a man, including when we started the match with only three players. Felt good. What didn't feel good was the one time I did a splashdown a split second after an opposing player and he splatted me first.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

I think I'm going to skip out on this Salmon Run. That weapon set looks horrendous. :catstare:

It's only weakness is...the BRUSH OF USELESSNESS.

The two shooters are good for just punching bosses dead, and the roller is never edit: bad.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jul 29, 2017

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

enojy posted:

If those upcoming dual squelchers have the range of the jet squelcher I'm gonna poo poo my pants in both fear and joy.

dual squelcher in 1 had a bit less range than the jet squelcher. about as much as a splattershot pro.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Okay so I drew something and posted it to a throwaway Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/tayter_swift/status/891106049226285056

Does this tag end up on me somewhere I can find it? I went to draw again and was back at a blank canvas.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I got stuck with a crew so useless they busted me almost to whatever the rank below Overachiever is.

Shoot. The. Mothership.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

wanted to grind up some cash before the dualie squelcher hit but just had two lobbies time out due to not enough players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

shoutouts to the best hat in all of splatoon