Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

tehinternet posted:

Seriously though, I don't give a poo poo about streaming or if people watch them.

If you don't give a poo poo why are you bothering to reply? Just don't post...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Wow it's loving nothing

When is vaulting supposed to be done?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

fletcher posted:

A lot of the successful streamers narrate what they are doing, as they do it. If their voice is now out of sync with what they are doing, the narration does not make any sense. This is not a good experience for the viewers.

Uh that doesn't make any sense. If you're narrating your stream, and the stream is delayed, your voice commentary will be delayed also.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Jesus some of you are behind the times

banning for streamsniping is dumb as hell though, even when it's blatant

jvilmi
May 29, 2004

tehinternet posted:

I dunno, I'm 31 and streaming seems to be a thing that kids have gotten into. In my day people played the video games instead of watching people play video games.

I'm older than you and we also watched friends play videogames, passing the controller and so on, and if there was a tv show back then with someone really good/funny playing then we probably would've also watched that. :)

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

DrNutt posted:

Uh that doesn't make any sense. If you're narrating your stream, and the stream is delayed, your voice commentary will be delayed also.

The post I was replying to seemed to be suggesting that you delay only the game footage, and keep the voice real time. Meaning that they would be out of sync. At least that's how I understood it.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
Why do they keep adding crate guns? I get a crate 1/15 games maybe if I'm lucky. They basically don't matter and it probably makes balancing them impossible.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

fletcher posted:

The post I was replying to seemed to be suggesting that you delay only the game footage, and keep the voice real time. Meaning that they would be out of sync. At least that's how I understood it.

Oh that would be weird.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

tehinternet posted:

I dunno, I'm 31 and streaming seems to be a thing that kids have gotten into. In my day people played the video games instead of watching people play video games.

Except for Let's Plays, those were protostreaming I guess. Some of those were okay.

Seriously though, I don't give a poo poo about streaming or if people watch them. It's a literal non-issue.

Do you give a poo poo if you get banned for incidentally killing one of them and they accuse you of stream sniping?

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
Looks like they are responding to the complaints to an extent.
http://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-studio-promises-changes-to-ban-system-after-stream-sniping-uproar/

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Spudalicious posted:

Why do they keep adding crate guns? I get a crate 1/15 games maybe if I'm lucky. They basically don't matter and it probably makes balancing them impossible.

Well he did say for now. They might make the drop algorithm more complicated

Honestly I'd like set high tier spawns on remote or hard to access areas

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Spudalicious posted:

Maybe they do it so they can have a sort of "limited release" with new guns while they work out any bugs or balancing issues? Kind of like beta testing it? Just guessing here.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

fletcher posted:

All sorts of things, watch a stream and see for yourself.

Nah I value my time more than that. Can't you name just one yourself? Especially with a list so long?

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

fletcher posted:

Maybe they do it so they can have a sort of "limited release" with new guns while they work out any bugs or balancing issues? Kind of like beta testing it? Just guessing here.

My problem with this is if you're working out issues with the guns why wouldn't you put it on general loot tables and get more data to work with, not less. The game's early access and I think people will understand if new guns are a bit wacky for a week.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I feel like the Devs forget they are EA sometimes as witnessed by the weird bans.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Tomie knows me posted:

My problem with this is if you're working out issues with the guns why wouldn't you put it on general loot tables and get more data to work with, not less. The game's early access and I think people will understand if new guns are a bit wacky for a week.

Sometimes that much feedback can be a bad thing. Hard to find the signal in all the noise type of thing. I am just speculating of course. But looking back at how lovely the VSS is/was that was my guess for why they made it a crate drop initially.

ChesterJT posted:

Nah I value my time more than that. Can't you name just one yourself? Especially with a list so long?

All these people that apparently don't give a poo poo about streamers certainly want to know a lot about them. Is it like those prominent anti-gay people that inevitably end up in the headlines with some meth fueled gay massage scandal?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Maybe if the Mk14 really is just a semiauto M24 they can add the M24 as a non-crate drop with a really low spawn chance.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

willroc7 posted:

Do you give a poo poo if you get banned for incidentally killing one of them and they accuse you of stream sniping?

No, because that's an edge case. Sure, it's lovely and unfair, but I've killed a streamer before with no issues so *shrug*

fletcher posted:

If you don't give a poo poo why are you bothering to reply? Just don't post...

It's almost like this is a forum for opinions!

Hilarious post coming from someone with some of the worst opinions about games on the forums though!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
For how solid the gameplay is when it works, it's stunning how utterly loving inept Bluehole and PU are in ever aspect of PR and community interaction.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

fletcher posted:

Sometimes that much feedback can be a bad thing. Hard to find the signal in all the noise type of thing. I am just speculating of course. But looking back at how lovely the VSS is/was that was my guess for why they made it a crate drop initially.

All these people that apparently don't give a poo poo about streamers certainly want to know a lot about them. Is it like those prominent anti-gay people that inevitably end up in the headlines with some meth fueled gay massage scandal?

The VSS was potentially a game changer as a silenced gun with attached 4x, I can understand why they wanted to limit how many were around before realising that it wasn't that great and letting them roam free. It's likely standard policy now.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Nathan Wind posted:

I like how earlier we were giving Grimmz poo poo for covering his minimap and screen until he landed and now everybody is saying if streamers don't want to be sniped they should cover the minimap and the screen until they land.

Nah people were making fun of Grimmz doing all that then still complaining about stream snipers because someone surprised him

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Tomie knows me posted:

At this point the game is released to be honest, with the amount of players "early access" has become meaningless. In this way they are a victim of their own success, they've now got a game that's 90% done but that last 10% is going to be hard because every change they make affects a huge playerbase.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

For how solid the gameplay is when it works, it's stunning how utterly loving inept Bluehole and PU are in ever aspect of PR and community interaction.

I don't think this is fair. Some of the bans have been harsh and some of the twitter posts are bad but realistically only stupid people care about stuff like that.

I also love the sequence of logic from Reddit:
-> I killed a streamer
-> That streamer got all of his followers (intentionally or unintentionally) to report me for stream sniping
-> I got banned
?? This is obviously the fault of Bluehole ??

I think it's pretty clear right now that people are making GBS threads all over an insanely good game because of manufactured out of game "drama" for reasons I will never understand.

SnakesandScorpions
Apr 4, 2015
Can I say that I really, really like the Groza and that it should totally be an airdrop gun. The drat thing is a monster. I got to a top 10 easily with this gun. It was pretty good experience!

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Intoluene posted:

The VSS was potentially a game changer as a silenced gun with attached 4x, I can understand why they wanted to limit how many were around before realising that it wasn't that great and letting them roam free. It's likely standard policy now.

They should probably look over usage statistics and see that the Vector, Tommy Gun and VSS are incredibly under-used and then make appropriate adjustments.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

another options: a job

Entertainment is a job.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

VulgarandStupid posted:

They should probably look over usage statistics and see that the Vector, Tommy Gun and VSS are incredibly under-used and then make appropriate adjustments.

How would you make the VSS better without making it too powerful? More damage? Less Drop off? Adjustable or replaceable scopes? Just make it more available? Other?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

A weapon being underused doesn't mean it's bad and needs a buff to bring it up to parity. The VSS is a great gun, but has some drawbacks that make it less attractive than a an SMG, AR, or other rifle to most players most of the time. It's one of the nice bits of real variety in the game, I think that any changes aimed at making it more popular(outside of simply increasing availability) might risk making it too good.

abigserve posted:

I also love the sequence of logic from Reddit:
-> I killed a streamer
-> That streamer got all of his followers (intentionally or unintentionally) to report me for stream sniping
-> I got banned
?? This is obviously the fault of Bluehole ??

If they have an abusable system that means streamers can get anyone that kills them banned for cheating then yes it's their fault.

If it can be reasonably shown that someone is likely to be cheating by way of watching someone's stream to find them, like if you had the same player/squad kill a streamer 5 games in a row which is incredibly unlikely to happen naturally, I don't have a problem with their getting banned for it.

If they're getting a ton of reports at the same time and acting on them with no kind of sanity check, like treating 100 reports at the same time as very suspicious or even looking at whether or not the reporters IPs were used to play the game recently, then I think it's right that they're being derided, especially if what people posted about there actually being someone who had been streamsniping but some poor pubbie who happened to kill a streamer's friend took all the flak is true.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
two 2nd places in a row.

oval office.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Banano posted:

two 2nd places in a row.

oval office.

No truer words have ever been spoken, friend.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Just solo dropped duos. Random Russian guy carried me to the chicken dinner in the last circle. I made it that far with 6 kills. Feels good man.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

fletcher posted:

So you got nothing. Check.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Nathan Wind posted:

I like how earlier we were giving Grimmz poo poo for covering his minimap and screen until he landed and now everybody is saying if streamers don't want to be sniped they should cover the minimap and the screen until they land.

If streamers don't want to be sniped, don't stream. Its like if actors don't want paparazzi following them around taking photos of them, too bad shouldn't have been famous.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

How many times do I have to die because I forgot to set my gun to auto before I learn :negative:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sphyre posted:

How many times do I have to die because I forgot to set my gun to auto before I learn :negative:

Seven.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

cosmicjim posted:

How would you make the VSS better without making it too powerful? More damage? Less Drop off? Adjustable or replaceable scopes? Just make it more available? Other?

I'd start by reducing the reload time, it's currently the longest reload time besides the AWM. Then I might bump the damage a little.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

VulgarandStupid posted:

I'd start by reducing the reload time, it's currently the longest reload time besides the AWM. Then I might bump the damage a little.

Reload is a good start. I'm bad at the game, so my opinion doesn't count, but I'd like the bullet drop to be slightly less severe. Aiming more than a half inch over a target 175 Meters away seems excessive. I don't know exact measurements but it's pretty huge.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sphyre posted:

I've died at least once to guns defaulting back to single shot after accidentally picking up another gun while grabbing loot.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Definitely bullet drop imo. The real vss does not use standard 9mm rounds, instead using the same ammunition as the real groza. It has a 300m/s muzzle velocity and 400m range. In PUBG at 400m the round has probably dropped 20m, it's ridiculous. In the game I'm pretty sure the loving ump has less bullet drop.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Our group of ex-CoD guys (Hackan Slash, closer, Bionic Colon, I'm a Doctor IRL) just chicken dinnered TWICE in a ROW in squads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Killing dudes who have crate weapons is a lot of fun

• Locked thread