Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

explosivo posted:

Oh poo poo, is this an accident or will this still be there tonight? :ohdear:

It's intentional, it's a new choice on the loot tab for a 0 cost "thanks for believing in Fortnite" reward. It's limited time, but probably not less than 24 hours limited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Out of the 15 llamas I got 2 rare rocket launchers, and out of a founder's llama (with founderbux from the 15) I got another one... did they just add explosive weapons to the droptable or something?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

sushibandit posted:

Out of the 15 llamas I got 2 rare rocket launchers, and out of a founder's llama (with founderbux from the 15) I got another one... did they just add explosive weapons to the droptable or something?

Nah, I got a blue grenade launcher a few days back

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I've only barely started playing this (like 1 hour) so don't take my word as an indicator that you should definitely buy it. But so far it's fun and campy and the loot system is intriguing, it's better than I expected after reading initial impressions.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Sputnik posted:

A couple pages back, people were mentioning selling their extra standard codes for $20. Anyone got extras? I am apparently dumb enough to spend $20 on a gacha hype train. PM me or leave an email address or something.

Thanks to Skandranon for hooking me up. I look forward to re-learning the sheer intensity of the Early Access Regret.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

I'd take one for $20, PM me.

Thanks!

Shredder fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 28, 2017

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013
Got a code, thanks!

Bear in the Woods fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Jul 29, 2017

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Popete posted:

I've only barely started playing this (like 1 hour) so don't take my word as an indicator that you should definitely buy it. But so far it's fun and campy and the loot system is intriguing, it's better than I expected after reading initial impressions.

Same, I think? The F2P stuff is a little off-putting, but it hasn't hampered me, either.

That said, I'm only playing a couple hours a day, so I'm taking a casual approach. The folks who poopsocked the whole game in less than a day are probably having a very different experience.

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Same, I think? The F2P stuff is a little off-putting, but it hasn't hampered me, either.

That said, I'm only playing a couple hours a day, so I'm taking a casual approach. The folks who poopsocked the whole game in less than a day are probably having a very different experience.

People who poopsock 60 - 70 hours of a game in its first week of early access then complain there is "nothing for them to do" need to fall in a hole and disappear.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

sheepdemon posted:

People who poopsock 60 - 70 hours of a game in its first week of early access then complain there is "nothing for them to do" need to fall in a hole and disappear.

These are the people developers want to snare with the F2P model. That's why all these convoluted systems exist. You get a few people deeply invested and then try to extract a bunch of money from them.

For everyone else, a dripfeed of premium currency more or less gets the job done. In theory.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

socialsecurity posted:

15 Llamas, 0 legendaries and about 3-4 rares I would of been upset had I spent 15 bucks on this, many F2P games have some currency that you get out of boxes that stacks up that you can use to buy things if RNG is not your friend, they could use that here.

Had 3 of my 15 go silver, none went gold. Got a handful of epics including a second epic sniper defender, an epic sniper rifle, and a couple rare sniper rifles. :golgo:

Nechronic posted:

Is there a cap on founder's coins that I'm missing? I got at least 400 founders coin drops out of the 15 free llamas but I was only able to afford one founders pack when I was finished opening them all.

You get 10 per upgrade llama. That larger number in the corner is the total you have on hand. You get 150 total from the believer bundle.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Nechronic posted:

Oh, that makes sense. I just assumed that you were getting what was on the card since that's the way most of the cards work, isn't it?

The bottom of the Founderbux card tells you how much you have total, the top of the card usually has a small +10 on it showing what you gained.

It definitely confused me at first as well when I saw a giant 30 on the bottom of my card, but I only got 10 coins.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Question regarding disposing of dupes:

First dupe goes into collection book, then all further dupes get recycled unless they have a better role than your current, right? There's no reason to keep a few copies around or level them up before recycling?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

At the risk of sounding greedy, I'd be interested in a $20 copy if someone has a copy. PM me.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Akumos posted:

If you maze/funnel strat is failing it's because you didn't build enough deterrents on the outside. You need to stack multiple walls.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/comments/6q486u/plankerton_shield_1_solo_0_shots_fired/

That lead me to finding this

https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/comments/6pumyt/llamas_and_luck/

Total Golden Llamas: 52 which works out to about 5% of my llamas being upgraded.
Total Legendary+ items gained: 87 which works out to be around 1% of my items being legendary. These percentages feel low, but maybe there'll be more data on this in the future.

910 Upgrade Llamas
Legendary Heroes: 1

:eyepop:

Better save up that 1000 vbucks to buy guaranteed legendary llamas or it's very likely for you 1 in 20 goldens to give you a survivor.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

First dupe goes into collection book, then all further dupes get recycled unless they have a better role than your current, right? There's no reason to keep a few copies around or level them up before recycling?
You've generally got it right. You get 90% of your spent xp back when recycling things, but you also don't gain anything when just leveling something you're not going to use either.

Things get a little more complicated when you unlock the ability to transform things. I haven't done much of that yet, so I don't know how it changes the value of things. Maybe someone who's a higher level will provide some insight.

You also may not want to recycle/transform all your blues/greens of the weapons you like either though, since they're cheaper to craft and they're good to use on lower missions. And even a green may end up being straight up better sometimes until you unlock higher tiers of evolution if the rolls are much better than your epics/legendaries (+10% damage and +10% damage vs a bunch of other garbage).

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dupes of traps have different stats, so there is that to keep in mind.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
Does anyone want to trade a standard copy of this game for a copy of Crusader Kings 2 on steam?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

15 Llamas, one silver, two gold.
Three new heroes, all the same Ninja lady in pink and white.

Game is good, though. Filling out the collection is fun once you start having BPs of lower ranks and can Chuck them without a fuss.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
Transforming things also gives you schematic/survivor/whatever xp at the same rate of recycling or retiring, but at the cost of research (500 for a rare) or the people resource (140?). One time use transform recipes seem to take drops of rain and I assume higher evolve mats later on. So it's up to you if getting a new random rare is worth losing 5 hours or so of research progress.

There are nodes in the tier 2 research tree that let you narrow down the results to an assault rifle/axe/whatever, and some that let you transform heroes, but I haven't unlocked those yet so I don't know what they cost.

For what it's worth I still trash all my greys, the cost of getting it up to a rare that is probably another dupe just isn't worth it. I tend to hang on to greens a bit longer just in case.

M2tt fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 29, 2017

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The one thing I wish this game did more of was having you fortify existing buildings. Other than that I'm good so far.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
No one responded to my previous post maybe because they didn't see it or because no one else knows but I am still really curious as to what happened to bloc party mission mode.

Also, couple of thoughts for the easy cash grab option:

1. allow you to have cosmetic textures for wood, stone and steel
2. spray paint tags
3. More reasons to establish a personal base and either compete against others or co-opetively compete against them in a race to win (destroy x zombies first, have a bigger fort for longer etc....)

The core game is compelling and well done enough that they can build off it in a lot of very interesting ways. Here's hoping they do just that.

Also for those of you with epics, I roll with some upgraded epics and they do the job just as well as my legendary shotgun for the most part.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

SoggyGravy posted:

No one responded to my previous post maybe because they didn't see it or because no one else knows but I am still really curious as to what happened to bloc party mission mode.

It was tested. It was okay. It didn't fit the 'scope of the game'. It was removed.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Bear in the Woods posted:

If people are still selling codes, I'd take one for $20

I sent you a PM if your still looking.

Edison Carter
Mar 26, 2010
Ignore me, I'm an idiot!

Edison Carter fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jul 29, 2017

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

a cock shaped fruit posted:

It was tested. It was okay. It didn't fit the 'scope of the game'. It was removed.

You seem angry when I read your post but thanks for responding! Seemed like a pretty good idea although by that time I was tired of playing the early game to get far enough in to test it until they promised no more wipes.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

M2tt posted:

Transforming things also gives you schematic/survivor/whatever xp at the same rate of recycling or retiring, but at the cost of research (500 for a rare) or the people resource (140?). One time use transform recipes seem to take drops of rain and I assume higher evolve mats later on. So it's up to you if getting a new random rare is worth losing 5 hours or so of research progress.

There are nodes in the tier 2 research tree that let you narrow down the results to an assault rifle/axe/whatever, and some that let you transform heroes, but I haven't unlocked those yet so I don't know what they cost.

For what it's worth I still trash all my greys, the cost of getting it up to a rare that is probably another dupe just isn't worth it. I tend to hang on to greens a bit longer just in case.

Oh man. Thank you for mentioning this. I had noticed that you could slowly transform your way up to rares (so you can salvage for training manuals, weapon designs, and trap designs) but thought you had to pay the experience. Knowing that you get the experience is really helpful.

EDIT: This is seriously huge if you're not planning to spend additional money. Knowing that training manuals (in particular) don't require a huge amount of extra grinding to accumulate means I'm no longer waiting on an epic/legendary hero before I start evolving what I have.

TheBlandName fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 29, 2017

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

SoggyGravy posted:

You seem angry

Just giving the facts with limited phone posting time.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Just giving the facts with limited phone posting time.

Okay cool, was just curious about why it would be considered out of scope having never played it and only read the patch notes.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is there a way to turn off the loving chat?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Anyone notice some guns, shotguns specifically, being bugged and giving their bonus stats before the level thresholds? My two shotguns seem to have all of their bonus stats applied to them already, it shows the higher crit values on the gun, whereas it doesn't do that for my rifles until I level them up.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

SoggyGravy posted:

Okay cool, was just curious about why it would be considered out of scope having never played it and only read the patch notes.

I thought it would be cool with a little work. Devs disagreed.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
something that i just realized: there's cross-purchasing. i have it on both my ps4 and pc, despite purchasing only on my ps4.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The simplest maze you can build is just a simple tunnel from your objetive to where the enemy will spawn. Useful on places where the enemy can spawn only in one direction.

The "Carwash" design. A single tunnel full of traps.

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/891025220169019392

For most missions, you can build a wall around the objetive, then 1 tile wide floor with a chest high walls, and a overflow ceiling with traps. This is what people do on 99% of all missions, and work very well. No need to go fancy.

https://twitter.com/Teiman/status/890336028086718465

Raged posted:

Is the weapon Lama worth buying or is there something better to spend the coins on?

A heroes llama would be more interesting. But a good legendary weapon can be a nice upgrade and who know when the heroe llama will show. My most important item in the game is a legendary shotgun (and I hate shotguns, but I just have to use this one because oneshot most poo poo) .

Tei fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jul 29, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Is the weapon Lama worth buying or is there something better to spend the coins on?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Does building over the limit even have a noticeable effect?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Does building over the limit even have a noticeable effect?

it's a bonus objective. you get more points towards your loot crate if you don't, and it's an all or nothing deal.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Apparently the game doesn't have any content for the third area. The base is different but there are no missions like in the first two.

In a level 60 zone mimics drop the same stuff as level 1, nice

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jul 29, 2017

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's a bonus objective. you get more points towards your loot crate if you don't, and it's an all or nothing deal.

The chest you get after the mission? Doesn't seem like something to worry about then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Jusupov posted:

Apparently the game doesn't have any content for the third area. The base is different but there are no missions like in the first two.

In a level 60 zone mimics drop the same stuff as level 1, nice

They better add that content, anyone in that place now has rushed like hell, but in time every player that continue player will get there.

I you already finshed Fortnite, you can play now LA soul, quite the content here:

(NSFW warning)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/674030/LA_soul/

Or the 1% life simulator:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/665430/Rich_life_simulator_VR/

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jul 29, 2017

• Locked thread