Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
The dialouge for this splatfest is pretty special.

Tomato is a fruit, Marina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

my new dog posted:

i consider myself good at shootmans like destiny and battlefield, will i be a good shootmans in this without the pro controller

I am very good at both of those games too and am middling at best at Splatoon 2. I blame the controllers and not my lack of splat skill.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Rank A Rainmaker is a complete bloodbath. So many dead squids everywhere. :gonk:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I would say I vastly prefer the Pro Controller, as I find the small triggers on the joy-cons a bit awkward. But yeah absolutely not necessary

Switched from the Aerospray to the N-Zap and now I can actually kill people not too bad. Get 5+ kills a match every game in every Turf War game now, which was far from a cert before, and usually have the most kills on less good teams. Is this a good weapon to take into Ranked too, if I'm used to that class of weapon, or should I try for something with a bit more power and/or range?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

ConanThe3rd posted:

The dialouge for this splatfest is pretty special.

Tomato is a fruit, Marina.

Reagan also said that :thunk:

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

DaveKap posted:

Pro controller unnecessary as long as you use the motion controls.

m-m-m-motion controls??? not a fan

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

I would say I vastly prefer the Pro Controller, as I find the small triggers on the joy-cons a bit awkward. But yeah absolutely not necessary

Switched from the Aerospray to the N-Zap and now I can actually kill people not too bad. Get 5+ kills a match every game in every Turf War game now, which was far from a cert before, and usually have the most kills on less good teams. Is this a good weapon to take into Ranked too, if I'm used to that class of weapon, or should I try for something with a bit more power and/or range?

Aerospray is really not that good in Ranked. N-Zap is pretty much a better version of it.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Dr. Fetus posted:

Aerospray is really not that good in Ranked. N-Zap is pretty much a better version of it.

Essentially every gun kills better than the Aerospray.

Hell the Splattershot Jr. is nearly as good at painting as it but much better at killing so I can't even recommend the Aerospray too much for Turf War.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

my new dog posted:

You're gonna get crushed.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, I was asking if N-Zap was good for Ranked, not Aerospray, I know that would be godawful lmao

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Kaubocks posted:

i loved dynamo roller back in splatoon 1

haven't unlocked it in 2 but i'm already fuckin miserably upset about the vertical flick on other rollers here so i'm probably going to be just as disappointed when i finally unlock the dynamo

I just got it.
Nintendo murdered this weapon until it died. I loved this thing in Splatoon 1 and can't see anybody using this version seriously.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
This is from a few pages back but since 2k is dirt cheap wouldn't you get chunks quicker for just getting the first ability on the splatfest tee then scrubbing it? 2nd slot is double the cost

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

DaveKap posted:

You're gonna get crushed.

oh man oh no. game looks fun tho so i might get it anyway. hopefully i wont get as mad as i did @ ARMS

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah, I was asking if N-Zap was good for Ranked, not Aerospray, I know that would be godawful lmao

Oh, yeah. I was trying to say N-Zap is good in ranked if you want to use something like the Aerospray there. Kills matter far more, and the N-Zap is good at snagging them while providing ink coverage. Ink Armor also has a lot more situations it can be useful in compared to the Curling Bombs.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Lakbay posted:

This is from a few pages back but since 2k is dirt cheap wouldn't you get chunks quicker for just getting the first ability on the splatfest tee then scrubbing it? 2nd slot is double the cost

Yes this is also true, I guess it's just down to how much you want to spend. But the third slot is a total waste of time

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

my new dog posted:

"Motion controls" implies a lot more than you'd think. It's gyro-aiming, and the gyros used in the Joycons are leagues better than those used in the Wiimotes. For most people it takes an hour or two to adjust, which the campaign is perfect for, and feels way more natural and allows for much finer aiming. You should absolutely try it out for at least the campaign or five or six matches, but if it doesn't click for you then it'll be better to switch to stick controls. You'll be at a disadvantage against a similarly skilled opponent using gyro-aiming, but it'll be better than struggling to hit them.

Edit: drat, that was a lot of mistakes jammed in there.

Onean fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jul 29, 2017

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xra5BOP0dg

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jul 29, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

"There haven't been many players for some time now, so the Rank Meter will not change."

The rank meter cracks anyway. :raise:

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Onean posted:

"Motion controls" implies a lot more than you'd think. It's gyro-aiming, and the gyros used in the Joycons are leagues better than those used in the Wiimotes. For most people it takes an hour or two to adjust, which the campaign is perfect for, and feels way more natural and allows for much finer aiming. You should absolutely try it out for at least the campaign or five or six matches, but if it doesn't click for you then it'll be better to switch to stick controls. You'll be at a disadvantage against a similarly skilled opponent using gyro-aiming, but it'll be better than struggling to hit them.

Edit: drat, that was a lot of mistakes jammed in there.

thanks for the info! i dont even think about the gyro aiming in botw being in the way so if it feels similar it wont be a problem

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A bad weapon selection is one involving the carbon roller, which can't even roll over Chums in one go. So it makes one of the best roller experiences (glowflies) miserable :smith:

Also, am I crazy, or does your character speed up after inking with a roller for a few seconds?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Also, am I crazy, or does your character speed up after inking with a roller for a few seconds?

They do.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Holy loving poo poo I had an eight game losing streak.

E: Nine games now

The Deleter fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jul 29, 2017

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
I don't know why you would pick ketchup. It's just liquid tomato. Add tomato instead if the dish requires it and if it doesn't, why would you add ketchup.

Whereas mayo makes everything tasty. Can you imagine eating a steak without good dollop of mayo on top of it? Didn't think so. Mayo all the way.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

throw to first drat IT posted:

Whereas mayo makes everything tasty. Can you imagine eating a steak without good dollop of mayo on top of it? Didn't think so.

I know this is trolling but it's still causing me to hyperventilate

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I don't know why you would pick ketchup. It's just liquid tomato. Add tomato instead if the dish requires it and if it doesn't, why would you add ketchup.

Whereas mayo makes everything tasty. Can you imagine eating a steak without good dollop of mayo on top of it? Didn't think so. Mayo all the way.

Nothing sets off the taste of a good steak like ketchup

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I get weird looks when I go to a Red Robin or something and ask for Mustard for my fries.
Mayo and Ketchup are terrible condiments with no appeal, so Ketchup is going to win because Marina.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Mayo is an open canvas you can do so much stuff with. Ketchup is just ketchup no matter what you do with it.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

enojy posted:

Nothing sets off the taste of a good steak like ketchup

Red on steak makes it just look undercooked, whereas mayo on it doesn't just taste great, it also creates wonderful dark/white contrast.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Mayo and ketchup are not enemies. Fry sauce is the real winner.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

my new dog posted:

thanks for the info! i dont even think about the gyro aiming in botw being in the way so if it feels similar it wont be a problem

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how it feels, only maybe a little smoother.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
High-Tide Glowfly round, and I got a Roller.

I just stood at the water's edge with it and watched everything DIE. :unsmigghh::fh:

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
High-Tide Glowfly with a minisplat is absolutely magical as well.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

White devil

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have no strong feelings about either of those condiments, and there's something displeasing about mayo when it's presented to you in a jar like those images. But honestly the only use I can think of for ketchup is dipping fries, and I can eat good fries without them. Mayo is actually a more versatile ingredient, and if you include aioli in there (it's close enough) then it's an even stronger side than ketchup

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have no strong feelings about either of those condiments, and there's something displeasing about mayo when it's presented to you in a jar like those images. But honestly the only use I can think of for ketchup is dipping fries, and I can eat good fries without them. Mayo is actually a more versatile ingredient, and if you include aioli in there (it's close enough) then it's an even stronger side than ketchup

I eat more mayo mixtures so I chose that

Also are you the dude with the "Knack 2 da future" posts in inkopolis

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

I don't know why you would pick ketchup. It's just liquid sugar. Add sugar instead if the dish requires it and if it doesn't, why would you add ketchup.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

I don't know why you would pick mayonnaise. It's just egg yolk. Add eggs instead if the dish requires it and if it doesn't, why would you add mayonnaise.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lakbay posted:

I eat more mayo mixtures so I chose that

Also are you the dude with the "Knack 2 da future" posts in inkopolis

I am a part of the Knackverse but that one isn't mine, this one is

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I was leaning toward mayo but then someone posted about mayo on a steak and the idea was so physically repellent to me I might switch to ketchup. At least that works on meatloaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Isn't yum yum sauce mayo based? That poo poo is amazing with steak and chicken.

Going ketchup though because it's amazing on everything. Eggs, cheese, meat, hell yeah.