Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

that said like literally 80% of my turf war matches time out due to lack of players for some reason??

so if i don't want to play rainmaker i guess i just can't play the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Been playing with motion controls in handheld mode and I think I...finally...got it.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I wish you could do both motion and Y-axis, I'd love to have it on for fine tuning, but I hold my controller downward unless I'm focusing, so the gyro in it just won't aim in the right direction.

Mooks
Apr 18, 2007

Well! What is it!

The Moon Monster posted:

I just unlocked and started trying out the heavy splatling, and it seems pretty cool but I'm not sure what the point of the stingray special is. Compared to the splatling it's harder to aim and feels like it has lower DPS. Unlimited range I guess, but I'm not good enough to hold it on a guy for very long from across the map so I'm not really able to benefit from that.

I use it to annoy or distract instead of trying to splat people. If the first person moves away from the beam then I stop firing and target someone else with it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone figured out how to change the Dualie Squelchers from dualie mode to the other way yet

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Has anyone figured out how to change the Dualie Squelchers from dualie mode to the other way yet

dodge roll

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mooks posted:

I use it to annoy or distract instead of trying to splat people. If the first person moves away from the beam then I stop firing and target someone else with it.

Look for people who are on the edge of the map or otherwise in a position they can't escape to the side in and trap them in there as the bean slowly comes at them to finish them off.

Also with the heavy you want to think more like a dirty camping charger. You generally want to be back a few steps just spraying everywhere. Someone comes at you just back up and fill the air with ink

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

3-slot Jordans on the app right now w/ the perk that makes objects easier to destroy -- works on Ink Armor, Baller, and the Rainmaker, so something to consider. Sound pretty good for ranked since Ninja Jump isn't so hot anymore.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

enojy posted:

3-slot Jordans on the app right now w/ the perk that makes objects easier to destroy -- works on Ink Armor, Baller, and the Rainmaker, so something to consider. Sound pretty good for ranked since Ninja Jump isn't so hot anymore.

Oh that's what it does? Ordered the crap out of it then since it looks pretty fresh.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

dodge roll

Thanks! The way that works does make a bunch of sense.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Team Ketchup lookin' good.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Moon Monster posted:

I just unlocked and started trying out the heavy splatling, and it seems pretty cool but I'm not sure what the point of the stingray special is. Compared to the splatling it's harder to aim and feels like it has lower DPS. Unlimited range I guess, but I'm not good enough to hold it on a guy for very long from across the map so I'm not really able to benefit from that.

I know right? Imagine if it had ghost armor as a special.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
How long and good is the single player in dis? Own feet or multiplayer tutorial?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I wish this game had a way of backing out of the lobby without closing the software and the ability to change gear between matches or at spawn.

my new dog posted:

How long and good is the single player in dis? Own feet or multiplayer tutorial?

It's a long rear end tutorial with most of the weapon types and there's a couple of multiplayer stage maps with AI opponents that use various weapons.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Yeah it's a multiplayer tutorial that's fun maybe once or twice

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Jeez playing on EU has been absolutely miserable today. So many afks and bad players. Yes I'm super salty right now.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Haha you ain't wrong friend.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

hey welcome to the show! posted:

What are your thoughts on the toxic mist bombs?

They feel underwhelming to me.

They're extremely effective when the rainmaker has to get through a narrow corridor (ie on Humpback Pump Track).

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Frankston posted:

Jeez playing on EU has been absolutely miserable today. So many afks and bad players. Yes I'm super salty right now.

Man, I've been there. I took a step back and went and did something else for a while. I get frustrated easily which is no good for this fun game about squidkids.

CautionaryOstrich
Mar 20, 2009
Pillbug
Anyone want to Salmon Run? These publords are atrocious.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
*in Dave Chappelle mocking white people voice* Could I please get some extra mayo on the side with that?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CautionaryOstrich posted:

Anyone want to Salmon Run? These publords are atrocious.

I swear blind, on Profreshional no less, that some of my crew-mates weren't gathering eggs and focusing on Salmonid-killing instead.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

wuggles posted:

Been playing with motion controls in handheld mode and I think I...finally...got it.

:same:

Also I got a lot better once I broke the Aerospray habit.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

HMS Beagle posted:

I was leaning toward mayo but then someone posted about mayo on a steak and the idea was so physically repellent to me I might switch to ketchup. At least that works on meatloaf.

I ended up picking Ketchup because my favorite episode of Pokemon as a kid was Showdown at Dark City. (Well, that or the one with Duplica.)

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
96 gal is officially my jam for splat zones

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the bland garbage mayo you buy in a jar is gross as gently caress but real homemade mayo is some good stuff. but then again, that's also true for ketchup, store bought is almost always a sugary mess and homemade ketchups are generally a lot more savory and fulfilling.

of course all this is a moot point because lol homemaking condiments is an idiot idea so i'm just voting ketchup because i'm a literal child who loves just slathering it all over my food

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Keiya posted:

I ended up picking Ketchup because my favorite episode of Pokemon as a kid was Showdown at Dark City. (Well, that or the one with Duplica.)

Huh. I picked Mayo because I threw up a Wendy's hamburger all over the passenger side of my mom's Toyota when I was 7 years old

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Mayo has no place on hamburgers, so I can't blame you for throwing up everywhere.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Mayo is gross as hell, what is wrong with y'all.

I don't even like ketchup, I'm just anti mayo.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Mayo is for making sandwiches taste sort of generically fattier, which is all well and fine, but ketchup actually brings an identifiable flavour to the mix.

This is like if there was a Splatfest for "Butter VS Peanut Butter".

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
My reaction to using the Dynamo Roller is akin to the one you get when you meet a friend you haven't seen for a long time but he got into a car accident and is now a vegetable

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Round's just beginning? That's a Booyah.

You just saved my butt? That's a Booyah?

Just got taken out but you took out your killer? Booyah.

Someone just Booyah'd? That's a Booyah.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I'll always Booyah the person who splats the guy that just splatted me.

Vengeance! :black101:

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I dont understand why the worlds dumbest people play ranked. Or maybe I just keep getting grouped with them

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Y'all must be eating some terrible mayonnaise.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yeah, it's called any mayonnaise

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Overbite posted:

I dont understand why the worlds dumbest people play ranked. Or maybe I just keep getting grouped with them

You must keep getting grouped with me, then!

Also I finally somehow unlocked league mode after lots of time in the C- mines. Still not sure that happened, I'm terrible at this game.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Round's just beginning? That's a Booyah.

You just saved my butt? That's a Booyah?

Just got taken out but you took out your killer? Booyah.

Someone just Booyah'd? That's a Booyah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

I've disappointed so many grizzco-op brothers and sisters with my terrible grasp of today's weapons. D: