Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If you're not spamming Booyah! while super jumping, you're doing it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

ovenboy posted:

I've disappointed so many grizzco-op brothers and sisters with my terrible grasp of today's weapons. D:

Yeah I had to give up on this salmon run cause these weapons as a set require way more coordination than usual. A pub group just can't cut the mustard here.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Lol mayo is going to destroy ketchup because of the children.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I managed to do well with 3 friends + 1 random but especially the Blaster isn't super helpful unless you really know what you're doing

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
I turned on motion control about an hour ago, now my arm hurts. :(

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

pippy posted:

Up the sensitivity?

Dewp
Sep 3, 2009

satisfaction
I never played Splatoon 1 but I love this game. I have played over 50 turf war matches and am still struggling with X axis motion controls. Hard to break the stick habit...

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
nvm i figured out how to play new dynamo roller we back boiz

Wendell
May 11, 2003

pippy posted:

You shouldn't be swinging your arms around in broad movements, it's tiny adjustments with your wrist!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am using the steering wheel method for the X-axis like the one video posted earlier, so the motion for that originates at the shoulders. The way I normally hold controllers, my wrists are usually locked or almost locked on the Y-axis, so I constantly have to reposition into an awkward-feeling "neutral" stance in order to give myself enough room to tilt down

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Dualie squelchers oh man I love them

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah, I managed to do well with 3 friends + 1 random but especially the Blaster isn't super helpful unless you really know what you're doing

I thought the blaster would be for getting the Steelheads but I couldn't figure out a distance where I could pop the balloon in one shot. Maybe if my team could cover me it would be different, but it was rare to get a grizzbro who was familiar with the splatling.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I don't ever remember eating ketchup. In Australia it's always tomato sauce, mustard or barbeque sauce. Googling ketchup returns some news articles when Heinz started marketing ketchup sauce here seven years ago

I picked mayo, I don't trust these unfamiliar foreign condiments

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Fun fact, ketchup was a hundreds of years old Malay/Chinese sauce made from pickled fish, until some Americans tried it in the 19th century and said "what if we put tomato and sugar in this instead of fish?"

Another fun fact, mayo is garbage, if it touches your food you should put it in the trash can.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I bet the popularity margins will be even more drastic than cake vs. ice cream. I'm constantly seeing ketchup shirts grinding for ability chunks.:laugh:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I don't even like ketchup but I use mayonnaise so sparingly I'd never vote for it.

Why can't I pick mustard, the real gourmand's condiment?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bandaid.friend posted:

I don't ever remember eating ketchup. In Australia it's always tomato sauce

UMMMMMMMM

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Now to never play tower control ever again.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
If mustard was in this, it would be a no brainer. Now I have to pick between two terrible choices.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Tomato sauce has less sugar and no vinegar

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Yeah mustard would be even more one-sided than ketchup. I think a balanced choice would be hot sauce vs mayo, but even then that's just be everyone versus white peopke

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Pants Donkey posted:

Up the sensitivity?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am using the steering wheel method for the X-axis like the one video posted earlier, so the motion for that originates at the shoulders. The way I normally hold controllers, my wrists are usually locked or almost locked on the Y-axis, so I constantly have to reposition into an awkward-feeling "neutral" stance in order to give myself enough room to tilt down

Couldn't find the video, but figured out the gist - resenting the base location towards the celling. These tips seem to really help. Thanks! :)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

bitches acting like they're too good for ketchup

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I picked mayo because it has as more uses culinary wise then ketchup. Gotta go with the small squid on this one

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pearl looks like she tastes like mayo.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

https://twitter.com/SplatShots/status/891399446348484608

I want a 'Marmite: Love it or Hate it?' Splatfest

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I went to Bruxelles once and learned about mayo fries. It changed my life.

#teammayo

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't even like ketchup but I use mayonnaise so sparingly I'd never vote for it.

Why can't I pick mustard, the real gourmand's condiment?

That's the proper way to use mayo.

Ketchup is a child's condiment so that's going to be more popular.

Flowers
Mar 16, 2007

it's all fucking lewds

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I picked mayo because it has as more uses culinary wise then ketchup. Gotta go with the small squid on this one

Yup. I don't really like either alone as a condiment, but mayo gets used in things I do like, so it wins out. Sorry Marina, I have already betrayed you.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
I am alarmingly bad at Salmon Run, but it rules.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

It's always very bizarre how condescending people get about extremely common and inoffensive condiments. Hopefully the next splatfest will be soda vs. water so we can get some more hot takes.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
My friend's been playing Splatoon on my Switch and wants to get their own. They've been using a Nintendo account thing so I'm hoping that some of their progress will transfer, but it's Nintendo, so I'm not optimistic. Anyone know if you can at least transfer items/level by logging in on another Switch?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gumdrop Larry posted:

It's always very bizarre how condescending people get about extremely common and inoffensive condiments. Hopefully the next splatfest will be soda vs. water so we can get some more hot takes.

This is all goon foodchat.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Only the SIMPLEST of CHILDREN would drink WATER!!

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I put ketchup on my burgers.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Two parts ketchup to one part hot sauce (Cholula or Tapatio, if you have access to it, but Tabasco is fine) is amazing for french fries

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Count Bleck posted:

I put ketchup on my burgers.

I don't

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

abraham linksys posted:

My friend's been playing Splatoon on my Switch and wants to get their own. They've been using a Nintendo account thing so I'm hoping that some of their progress will transfer, but it's Nintendo, so I'm not optimistic. Anyone know if you can at least transfer items/level by logging in on another Switch?

The most honest answer to this is "we don't know". If we are lucky, the progress is stored on the server, making it easy to continue your ranks and poo poo. The transfer of accounts looks relatively simple enough.

Trinexx
Aug 31, 2007

Ask me about time-shares at scenic Turtle Rock!
All food chat should include your in-game drawing contributions.

Here... I'll set the bar low with a bad drawing and obvious misspelling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i'm glad we have splatfests to ensure that the splatoon 2 thread isn't free from the most tedious "debates" imaginable. future splatfest ideas: trains vs. airports, hotdogs: sandwich or not, best star trek captain, what's your favorite craft beer?