Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Yeah, genuinely caring about Kale and wanting to help her build some confidence, and going maximum fightnerd when there's a good tussle to be had aren't mutually exclusive. Plus, Caulifla isn't exactly smart and calculating enough to intentionally ignore Kale to draw out her power, she's as, if not more, impulsive than Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
E: I'm really gullible

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 29, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

HBO doing a DBZ miniseries adapting the History of Trunks, of all things

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/07/29/hbo-to-produce-the-history-of-trunks-miniserie

This is a weird timeline to be in

I guess if there's a DBZ arc to adapt though then this one makes the most reasonable to do, really

that link leads to an error message for me

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I've been owned

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'm having a hard time imagining what a HBO dragon ball series would even look like.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Would it be better or worse than Evolution? Because that made money as china ate it up.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Saagonsa posted:

It's actually good

its bad because this thread is obsessed with reddit or wherever else reads about draongball super. i dont read those places ever so i find it tedious to hear about how "the dbz fandom" does this or that or whatever nonstop. we can just enjoy the show the way we like, without being angry and making fun of the way other people like or dont like it. thanks and goodnight.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

tbp posted:

its bad because this thread is obsessed with reddit or wherever else reads about draongball super. i dont read those places ever so i find it tedious to hear about how "the dbz fandom" does this or that or whatever nonstop. we can just enjoy the show the way we like, without being angry and making fun of the way other people like or dont like it. thanks and goodnight.

I think you're on the wrong website if you can't tolerate people making fun of bad internet communities.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Augus posted:

I think you're on the wrong website if you can't tolerate people making fun of bad internet communities.

you could turn that around and make fun of the stuff in here nonstop too cuz most of its goony as hell. i mean im a 25 year old who eagerly anticipates the episodes of screaming cartoons getting powerups, im under no illusions that this is some tight cool man thing to do. SA 6-7 years ago was different cuz we were all young and it was more understandable to be angry retards 99% of the time but im assuming now everyone is older and should be more chill. thats just my thought

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

a cartoon duck posted:

Plus, Caulifla isn't exactly smart and calculating enough to intentionally ignore Kale to draw out her power, she's as, if not more, impulsive than Goku.

To be able to watch Cabba go SSJ and then copy it immediately, and then to see Goku's SSJ2, and copy that immediately, requires a certain kind of intelligence. Maybe not traditional Bulma/Gohan research & book smarts, more like possessing strong instincts and extremely high combat intelligence.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jedah posted:

To be able to watch Cabba go SSJ and then copy it immediately, and then to see Goku's SSJ2, and copy that immediately, requires a certain kind of intelligence. Maybe not traditional Bulma/Gohan research & book smarts, more like possessing strong instincts and extremely high combat intelligence.

That's just Goku Brains, who's always been depicted as a fighting savant.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Augus posted:

I think it's a difference between "it's funny how loving dumb these idiots are" and "Ughh loving dbz fans are terrible again, let me whine about it". Just bitching about something isn't entertaining, you need to actually have fun with it.

Most the time discussion about the terrible dbz reddit/youtube comments in this thread tends to be the non-fun kind. That video was the good kind though.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Jedah posted:

It's pretty much completely identical to Goku's ability to instantly copy techniques he's seen once or to instantly figure out how to beat enemy techniques that leave other veteran fighters completely flabbergasted.

Her watching Goku go SSJ2 and then figuring it out immediately is basically the same thing as Goku copying the kamehameha after seeing it for the first time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jedah posted:

like what goku did with the kamehameha?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Jedah posted:

"To transform you need to be pure of heart and -"
"Actually it's just this spot on your back"
In another life Caulifla probably knew acupuncture.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Augus posted:

Yeah we make fun of this one all the time, you'll just have to deal with it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

tbp posted:

you could turn that around and make fun of the stuff in here nonstop too cuz most of its goony as hell.

yea you can

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Oh for sure, I agree with you guys that Goku is a fighting savant, which means Caulifla is likely in the same boat. Bulma is our super smart scientist character who comes up with Time Machines and other cool inventions. She and her father fit the description of traditional intelligence. We don't need to go into Howard Gardner's theory of multiple types of intelligence; this is just an anime about fightmans and space cats with bad attitudes, after all.

But a savant is still "smart," just in an extremely pointed direction. So Goku probably wouldn't do very well on a standardized test, and may not necessarily possess a high I.Q., but he can still travel instantly across the universe like an omnipotent being (again, thanks to his fighting savant abilities). I'd hesitate to give "savant" any kind of a negative connotation, since in the DB universe, it's one of the most useful and powerful gifts a person can possess.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

HGH posted:

"To transform you need to be pure of heart and -"
"Actually it's just this spot on your back"
In another life Caulifla probably knew acupuncture.

I liked how she asked Goku about the tingly back thing and he absolutely knew what she was talking about.

I wonder when he figured that out. I bet he never mentioned it to anyone. Not out of malice or anything, just because it wasn't relevant when every existing Saiyan he knew was already a super Saiyan.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jedah posted:

She's gone SSJ2 before the tournament though

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Kelp Plankton posted:

I liked how she asked Goku about the tingly back thing and he absolutely knew what she was talking about.

I wonder when he figured that out. I bet he never mentioned it to anyone. Not out of malice or anything, just because it wasn't relevant when every existing Saiyan he knew was already a super Saiyan.

It would make sense that he figured that out when he and Gohan were in the time chamber before Cell, because it was a big thing that they were working on staying as super saiyans indefinitely to reduce the strain of the form and it's pretty impossible to be super angry literally all of the time. It just never came up after that because literally every other fighting Saiyan at that point already knew how to go and remain super saiyan on their own.

E: Hilariously, Goku nodding when Caulifla mentioned the back tingles means that Goku figured out the muscle group trick and Vegeta didn't and Goku never mentioned it to Vegeta, since Vegeta teaches Cabba to go SSJ by goading him into a rage and then tells Cabba to remember that feeling any time he wants to transform. This also implies that Vegeta still goes SSJ by getting really loving angry every time, which is entirely in character for Vegeta.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 29, 2017

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
It's Vegeta as Hell to know about the other method and still go for rage every time.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Kanos posted:

This also implies that Vegeta still goes SSJ by getting really loving angry every time, which is entirely in character for Vegeta.

"That's my secret, Kakarot... I'm always angry."

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

She's gone SSJ2 before the tournament though

Regarding how that happened, your guess is as good as mine. She also figured out the ultra-beefy SSJ version on her own, too. I guess it's just being a fighting savant and possessing insane natural power and talent, just like her mirror, Goku.

The best thing that ever happened to Vegeta was getting access to Blue. Dude struggled so hard just to go SSJ for the first time, remember when he was fighting those meteors and crying out of frustration? Tough times for a super elite Saiyajin. These days, he can apparently tap into god ki. Could it have been due to his participation in the SSJ God ritual? Or maybe when he went off and trained with Beerus and Whis on his own? They'll probably never explain it.

Edit: To make things even more confusing, I remember Whis saying something about Vegeta reaching Blue all on his own, without the need for a ritual. Whatever, I'm just glad our favorite jobber didn't get left in the dust like he did in DBZ.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 29, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah Vegeta figured out a non-ritual route to accessing God Ki, presumably with Whis training him. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the first to figure out Blue as a form too, but we'll probably never know for sure.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Depending on how things go after this arc we might figure out what the deal with Blue is through Caulifla.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

Depending on how things go after this arc we might figure out what the deal with Blue is through Caulifla.

we know the deal with blue, you go super saiyan while in ssg. they've said as much

unless you mean like, "oh well if you wiggle your toes like so your hair turns blue"

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

HitTheTargets posted:

It's Vegeta as Hell to know about the other method and still go for rage every time.
I like this explanation, it also fits into his character that while is willing to teach and help others now; he will still learn everything the "pure" way.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

we know the deal with blue, you go super saiyan while in ssg. they've said as much

unless you mean like, "oh well if you wiggle your toes like so your hair turns blue"

I mean in terms of accessing god ki without any rituals in the first place.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

tbp posted:

It's funny because if you do have experience with some pretty bad dragon ball fans it's pretty accurate, although obviously exaggerated.

Like I can see not caring about it if you don't have the context for it, but that doesn't make it bad.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'm gonna record myself screaming in a mic about how caulifula ruined super saiyan and post it in this thread

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Raserys posted:

I'm gonna record myself screaming in a mic about how caulifula ruined super saiyan and post it in this thread

cant wait

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Kelp Plankton posted:

I think he just never consciously thought about it that way before. His reaction seemed more like "Huh, I guess my back does tingle whenever I do it."

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Goku does poo poo without knowing how it works all the time

He was throwing around Ki attacks BEFORE HE KNEW KI WAS A THING.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Thinking about it, Cabba is Vegeta, Caulifla is Goku, so that means that her brother Renso, the dude Cabba highly respected and thought was extremely strong, and who was humble and a former leader of their defense forces...

...is Raditz.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Raserys posted:

Be sure to mention Goten and Trunks ruining it first.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Kurui Reiten posted:

Thinking about it, Cabba is Vegeta, Caulifla is Goku, so that means that her brother Renso, the dude Cabba highly respected and thought was extremely strong, and who was humble and a former leader of their defense forces...

...is Raditz.

Where's Nappa?

Did Cabba already send him... to the next dimension? :grin:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Isn't Cabba basically a tiny, nicer Nappa?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Justin_Brett posted:

Isn't Cabba basically a tiny, nicer Nappa?
He's a slender, more powerful Tarble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

pride troopers got wrecked. good though, they deserved it for 4 on 2 against kale and califla