Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

The one thing I wish this game did more of was having you fortify existing buildings. Other than that I'm good so far.

That would be really cool aesthetically, the most practical option being to tear everything around the objective down does take away from how fun the randomly generated maps are. Maybe just being able to click the right stick upgrade thing.

There could definitely be a mini objective to defend against a wave attacking an existing building, something quick enough that people won't build much/use the existing structure that matches the cinematic trailer more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Jusupov posted:

Apparently the game doesn't have any content for the third area. The base is different but there are no missions like in the first two.

In a level 60 zone mimics drop the same stuff as level 1, nice

Bahahahah you can literally walk into a real life store and buy it off the shelf and it is not finished

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/162643532?t=13h48m47s

That's about where that streamer got to the third zone. No desert stuff besides the storm shield

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Well the second area is like that too. Looks like redwoods then same old missions.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

something that i just realized: there's cross-purchasing. i have it on both my ps4 and pc, despite purchasing only on my ps4.
Someone said that the v-coins don't transfer between the two systems though, so watch out for that maybe.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Got a rarer Rocket launcher schematic from a founder's llama yesterday. Immediately took it up to level 10 and I have no regrets. Only a couple uses? Doesn't matter when it wipes out groups of husks at a time. :hellyeah:

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Question regarding disposing of dupes:

First dupe goes into collection book, then all further dupes get recycled unless they have a better role than your current, right? There's no reason to keep a few copies around or level them up before recycling?

Schematics can have different bonuses. You might get two of the same rare/epic/legendary weapon and one could have an elemental damage bonus while the other does not, or has a different element (which could make keeping both a good idea).

And then you get a schematic with 3 decay reduction bonuses and have a very long lasting weapon for killing random husks.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

ImpactVector posted:

Someone said that the v-coins don't transfer between the two systems though, so watch out for that maybe.

Yeah vbucks are bound to platform. I guess it's their try to cut down on people only buying it on the platform & region where points are the cheapest due to exchange rates. Alternatively it could have something to do with PSN store ToS.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Raged posted:

Bahahahah you can literally walk into a real life store and buy it off the shelf and it is not finished

I think this is my favorite part: an early-access game that will be F2P in the future being sold in retail outlets while still in EA.

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet

Kersch posted:

Does anyone want to trade me a standard copy of this game for a copy of Crusader Kings 2 on steam?

If anyone wants to take me up on this, send me a PM

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So...
I'm doing a lot of 19+ plus missions with 20+ weapons and a 2 star hero. Most of my T1 research and commander upgrades are full and all my squads are pretty well situated.

WHY DOES EVERYTHING TAKE SO LONG TO KILL.

I have a legendary 25 shotgun and it takes two headshots to kill a single normal husk.

What. In. The. gently caress.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

FORT stats? I'm sitting at 240/223/149/258 with level 20 rare/epic heroes and lv20 epic guns and poo poo's dying pretty fast. Make sure your hero squad (not survivor squads, but them too) is leveled up as well, they share some of their stats with you.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

sushibandit posted:

FORT stats? I'm sitting at 240/223/149/258 with level 20 rare/epic heroes and lv20 epic guns and poo poo's dying pretty fast. Make sure your hero squad (not survivor squads, but them too) is leveled up as well, they share some of their stats with you.

Your hero squad only shares hp/shield, and their bonus ability, no?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

sushibandit posted:

Maybe I need to up them. I seem to be low on those resources.

EDIT:

Whoa, okay.
I'm at 66, 58, 85 and 80. I'm doing something very wrong.

In offense, I only have ONE survivor that's a good fit and it's the lead. I have literally no other offense people.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 29, 2017

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Inzombiac posted:

EDIT:

Whoa, okay.

In offense, I only have ONE survivor that's a good fit and it's the lead. I have literally no other offense people.
Matching is often less important than the raw number. If you've got any epics/legendaries lying around that aren't in use, slot them in and see if you can make the total number higher. Even a rare can usually beat out a matched common/uncommon.

Here's a dev with a few tips on how to progress.

e: Also, how the heck do you have an overall fort power of 19+ if your stats are so low? If you're ignoring that, you probably shouldn't. That's basically a calculation of what missions you should be doing based on your FORTs.

ImpactVector fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 29, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My homebase power is 16 but I've progressed into the 19+ missions. Maybe I didn't grind as much as it expected me to. I'm gonna go back to the 9s and grind some more.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

EDIT:

Whoa, okay.

I have 212, 182, 167, 115 at power 21 and it's still tough doing good damage in 23 missions with rare weapons in the teens. Looks like 3/4 of my stats come from survivor page so I think the rest is skill tree?

Carecat fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 29, 2017

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The "tutorial" is dogshit. but once you actually figure out what is going on, the game becomes very fun and purposeful.

hot base building tip: upgrading (you need skills unlocked in the skill tree) counts towards your build score but NOT your base pieces limit. So if you want to keep your base a small and compact killing machine upgrading materials is the way to go.

edit2: if you've got an epic level all rounder assault rifle the zombie-infested world is your oyster.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 29, 2017

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

So...
I'm doing a lot of 19+ plus missions with 20+ weapons and a 2 star hero. Most of my T1 research and commander upgrades are full and all my squads are pretty well situated.

I have a legendary 25 shotgun and it takes two headshots to kill a single normal husk.

What. In. The. gently caress.

Shotguns are garbage and need a serious buff.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
What heroes is everyone playing? I leveled a blue brawler ninja to level 20, and she's pretty fun and does good DPS. I also have a level 20 blue Powerbase builder, and i use him for shield defenses and to help friends. I do have an epic enforcer outlander (TEDDY spec) that sounds like it could be fun. Has anyone tried a TEDDY build?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Recon lootin' Outlander, it's great tearing through materials at light speed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Veritas posted:

What heroes is everyone playing? I leveled a blue brawler ninja to level 20, and she's pretty fun and does good DPS. I also have a level 20 blue Powerbase builder, and i use him for shield defenses and to help friends. I do have an epic enforcer outlander (TEDDY spec) that sounds like it could be fun. Has anyone tried a TEDDY build?

I love the contructors.
I have a Rare with seriously good BASE abilities (including buildings that auto-heal).

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Epic Ninja whose sword passives I'm currently ignoring because I have an Epic Laser Scythe with +35% Crit Chance, +10% Damage & Affliction on hit for 6s. I'm also trying out that Hero Squad Bonus for Greater Impact & +1.5s stun on melee crits, though I'm not entirely sure if it's doing anything.

Dragon Slash is pretty great, and double jump is awesome, not only for the height clearance, but also for the fact that if you use a directional jump pad and double jump while still under the jump pad's influence, you go flying

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Raskolnikov posted:

Shotguns are garbage and need a serious buff.

Shotguns trade all of their damage and range for stunning power and ease of supply. Whether you can figure out what targets to shoot at with those stats is up to you. (Hint, not regular husks.) Unless you're trying to talk poo poo about auto shotguns which are magical engines of death. They made the same trade as regular shotguns, but the got a refund on the damage because this is a gacha game at heart. Some pulls are better than others. (Why else are scope-less sniper rifles a thing?)

Veritas posted:

TEDDY is weak in public games. In theory an outlander can gather 2 fragments, the team does Van part 1 and the outlander can sweep enemies clear twice. Then the team continues to gently caress around for a while to fortify for part 2 while the outlander gets another two fragments. In practice once your team is fortified for part 1, then part 2 is just a victory lap. I feel like that mission type should be changed so that part 1 is launching Lars and part 2 is launching some support. I don't know exactly, a cooler of snacks? That way mission success can be tied to an easy part 1 and one or two chest upgrades can be tied to a hard-rear end part 2.

Buuuut. None of that really matters because outlanders are the best class even without bringing any non-selfish tools. Do you want to teleport through walls to grab the chest your teammates don't even know is there before they can beat you to it? Do you want to Kool-Aid Man your way through rare resource deposits and high metal objects to collect them without slowing down? Outlanders are all about that. And sometimes you give out a few trinkets when people are complaining about how they never have enough gizmos, powercells, ore, nuts and bolts, or any other rubbish you routinely throw out of your pack. And they mistake your action for generosity. They don't know the truth. They're only poor because you and the other outlanders and taking everything of value before they can even round the corner to see it was there.

(And then throwing it away when they aren't looking because SERIOUSLY backpacks fill up quickly no matter how much room you have unlocked.)

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I love the contructors.
I have a Rare with seriously good BASE abilities (including buildings that auto-heal).

Knox? I Pulled a purple version of him and he's super loving good. It helps that I love how panic-y male constructor gets and how mad he is when I run him out of stamina. :3:

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003

Bussamove posted:

Knox? I Pulled a purple version of him and he's super loving good. It helps that I love how panic-y male constructor gets and how mad he is when I run him out of stamina. :3:

Knox is a badass. His BASE abilities are so good.

Veritas fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 29, 2017

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Inzombiac posted:

My homebase power is 16 but I've progressed into the 19+ missions. Maybe I didn't grind as much as it expected me to. I'm gonna go back to the 9s and grind some more.
You should be able to do 15s just fine. Your offense is a little low compared to the others, but focus on that first and you should be set.

Carecat posted:

I have 212, 182, 167, 115 at power 21 and it's still tough doing good damage in 23 missions with rare weapons in the teens. Looks like 3/4 of my stats come from survivor page so I think the rest is skill tree?
Yeah, that's pretty much how it works. All those +3 techs and skills look dumb, but they add up. Between those and the survivors that's where all of your home base rating comes from. You can tell because even if you swap heroes it doesn't go up or down.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

One day I felt really weak and was struggling to kill stuff and the next day I was kicking rear end, I think it was mostly survivors making the difference.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
So i leveled an epic Enforcer Grizzly (TEDDY spec) outlander to 20, and wow the TEDDY is OP. I'm playing with friends so they feed me fragment locations. Just did a map where i had the TEDDY up almost all the time. Once i can do 3 star evolution i'll get him the +25% TEDDY damage boost.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I really wish there was a class or variant that allows sentry turrets. Make the Outlander more of the nuke option.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Inzombiac posted:

I really wish there was a class or variant that allows sentry turrets. Make the Outlander more of the nuke option.

According to the dev that was on the GiantBomb Unfinished EX video they once had sentries but took them out for being too OP. Kind of disappointing, really, but I think they wanted to make the defenders the sentries of the game.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

explosivo posted:

According to the dev that was on the GiantBomb Unfinished EX video they once had sentries but took them out for being too OP. Kind of disappointing, really, but I think they wanted to make the defenders the sentries of the game.
They're definitely still in the code, since they were in the intro thing.

And there's kind of a turret thing in the 2nd tier outlander tree. It doesn't seem very good, but it can do cleanup a little.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I think this is my favorite part: an early-access game that will be F2P in the future being sold in retail outlets while still in EA.

What the gently caress happened to games that people are okay with this

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

What the gently caress happened to games that people are okay with this

We live in a simulated universe. Is pointless to ask why is configured like is configured, as the emulator runs in a universe with 8 dimensions and we don't get to understand it.

My theory is that our universe is a screensaver on somebody PC.

Is kind of .... great that you can pay has much has you want for games. You can choose how much you want to pay for Fortnite, and pay that. If you want to pay zero, you only have to wait one year. What is not great is the game mobile-like shape of some features. Like progress tied to pass of real time. Daily XP softcaps. And all that stuff from the fremiun culture.

But if we survived to the 80s culture of arcade saloon culture ( paying 25 to play maybe one minute or so long until you died 3 times) that absolutelly sucked, we can survive this.

Personally I play a game has long as is fun. If a game stop being fun, is dead to me. If the game make me happy and give me good times, I may even reward that with my money. Buying llamas in this game.

Tei fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 30, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is it worth spending my good boy points on Upgrade Llamas?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
People who think shotguns are bad need to try epic/leg auto shotguns upgraded to lv15-20, esp with Energy conversion. Mag dumping that on bigger mobs is insane damage.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Inzombiac posted:

I love the contructors.

have a constructer who has that as a tactical skill if I get him to star 2. just need lots of hero xp. have everything else. My main Constructer has that plasma turret+Decoy.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

fadam posted:

Is it worth spending my good boy points on Upgrade Llamas?
I don't think so. IMO save them for the super llamas. There you're at least guaranteed a legendary. For the same 1000 pts in upgrades, one might bump to gold (and might not), and you're much more likely to get a legendary survivor than anything else.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Veritas posted:

Honestly having 1 of each class leveld up is probably your best bet. but uh, special forces banshee for my main dps or wrecking bull when i want to build stuff and then pathfinder jess when i want to get my mats bck to 999

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Pathfinder Jess with a Pathfinder Jess in a support role, for all of your speed harvesting needs. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Consumable quest rewards that allow you to upgrade one item's rarity when? Make them super limited even, as a final quest reward for each zone or something. But let me get some guaranteed better poo poo every so often.

Akumos posted:

People who think shotguns are bad need to try epic/leg auto shotguns upgraded to lv15-20, esp with Energy conversion. Mag dumping that on bigger mobs is insane damage.
My main complaint about shotguns isn't their damage, although it tends to feel really anemic for most of them unless you're practically in melee range. No, my main complaint about every shotgun I've used so far is that they fall victim to the fucktarded "shotguns are a 70 degree damage cone in front of you lolololol" school of thought.

With very, very few exceptions, they can't reliably hit a drat thing more than 10 feet away. How is it that the only game in recent memory to actually do shotguns well is Halo CE?

• Locked thread