Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gavok posted:

It kind of has to be released considering the colossally bad look that would come from it being part of a successful crowdfunding thing. At the very least, they have updates on it every now and then, both in emails to backers and on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/ChikaraAAW/status/883425135679733760

That Star Citizen game is gonna come out any day now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

exploded mummy posted:

That Star Citizen game is gonna come out any day now

I get your point, but I think there's a big difference between getting millions to do a game and sitting on your hands compared to getting thousands to do a side-project, flaking out and still asking people to buy your shows and streaming service. They could not release the game, but that would blow up in their face way more than if they just released a sub-par game.

Though I hope it's actually halfway decent. Back in the days when they had the Chikarmy, fans would get these puzzle games sent to them and they were extremely fun and addicting. Don't know how that would translate into action stuff, but fingers crossed.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Gavok posted:

It kind of has to be released considering the colossally bad look that would come from it being part of a successful crowdfunding thing. At the very least, they have updates on it every now and then, both in emails to backers and on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/ChikaraAAW/status/883425135679733760

Nothing says Chikara like 2 white guys in blue tights slapping each other.

I'm sort of disappointed that this got funded, but the earlier beat'em up Chikara game (at least I think it was) which had a storyline of Ultramantis Black reviving old Chikara wrestlers to fight the BDK:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODqrh3V6Smg

Not taking sides in the whole Jervis vs Chikara thing, but I would love to see Jervis just start wrestling as random old Chikara wrestlers. The world needs Equinox III.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Looks like Space Monkey is doing a few matches for Wrestle Circus

I guess their relationship isn't that bad overall?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Looks like Space Monkey is doing a few matches for Wrestle Circus

I guess their relationship isn't that bad overall?

Space Monkey created his character outside of Chikara

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
Jervis doesn't deserve this.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
For whatever reason it's not letting me edit my previous post to add this, but it looks like Quack is going after Louden as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu-bWg93GaM

Is here anyone else as good at pissing away longterm goodwill like Quack? Geez.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/GentlemanJervis/status/885239107831582720

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
That CHIKARA game wouldn't even have gotten made if Cesaro didn't do a last second donation for like $900.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DM Punk posted:

That CHIKARA game wouldn't even have gotten made if Cesaro didn't do a last second donation for like $900.
I'd argue the point it still might never have gotten made.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

considering the last few indie dev wrestling games barely made release candidate status, I don't have much faith in Chikara's attempt.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

In non-Jervis Chikara news, here's the roster for King of Trios so far:

Casa Dorada (Juan Francisco de Coronado, Cornelius Crummels and Sonny Defarge)
House Attack (Chief Deputy Dunne, Jim Obstruction and Lee Obstruction)
House Calamari (Chris Brookes, Elijah and Kid Lykos)
House Fight Club (Kyle Fletcher, Millie McKenzie and Omari)
House Furies (Fire Ant, Solo Darling and Travis Huckabee)
House Rot (Frightmare, Hallowicked and Kobald)
House Sendai Girls (Cassandra Miyagi, Dash Chisako and Meiko Satomura)
House Seven Seas (Cajun Crawdad, Hermit Crab and Merlok)
House Throwbacks (Dasher Hatfield, Mark Angelosetti and Simon Grimm)
House WhiteWolf (A-Kid, Adam Chase and Zayas)
House Xyberhawx (Nytehawk, Razerhawk and Sylverhawk)
House Bike Cops (Officer Warren Barksdale, Donald Kluger and Jasper Tippins)

Four teams left.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

considering the last few indie dev wrestling games barely made release candidate status, I don't have much faith in Chikara's attempt.

please don't disrepect the dev team they're hard at work

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

SirDippingSauce posted:

For whatever reason it's not letting me edit my previous post to add this, but it looks like Quack is going after Louden as well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu-bWg93GaM

Is here anyone else as good at pissing away longterm goodwill like Quack? Geez.

I was told by A Person that it was Kaiju that did the copyright to Louden

WHO CAN SAY

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

LobsterMobster posted:

I was told by A Person that it was Kaiju that did the copyright to Louden

WHO CAN SAY

I definitely remember Louden being in Kaiju Big Battel before Chikara.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Numero6 posted:

I definitely remember Louden being in Kaiju Big Battel before Chikara.

Yeah and now that I think back Louden was def in Kaiju 15 years ago but wasn't in Chikara until much later.

exploded mummy posted:

please don't disrepect the dev team they're hard at work

I just don't get why they are trying to do such a hard genre as wrestling sim on a micro budget.

Like, what are they aspiring to beyond Mdickie level gameplay

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/OphidianCobra/status/889267318223773697

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

That takes some balls. You can get ring worn masks from guys like La Parka and Atlantis for less than the price of a Switch. And every CHIKARA mask I've seen up close has really mediocre build quality.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The fourteenth team for Trios has been announced. House Sport: Danny Boy Collins, James Mason and Mal Sanders. Three old dudes I know nothing about. As it is right now, there are seven in-house teams (though one has Simon Gotch as a third man) and seven guest teams.

One of the current storylines points at Obariyon and the Sea Stars being one of the remaining trios. The angle is that since the secret season, the Sea Stars have been trying to find a mentor to lead them. Then their mascot Jawsolyn got literally fridged by Merlok. Obariyon has stepped up as their mentor and while one Sea Star is completely into it and even has the facepaint and rage going on, the other is reluctant and stays pure, making her the odd woman out.

Otherwise, there's no ready-made trio left on the roster except for maybe Big Deal and his henchmen, but Hornswoggle hasn't shown up since the Season 16 finale.

On another note, they did another one of their weird obscure plot callbacks recently. Back when they did that Ashes movie, they had a scene where Quack met with Derek Sabato and Dieter VonSteigerwalt (the BDK's Bischoff type) and mentioned something about how Dieter's brother would be kept safe. On the show Hide, Silver Ant is given a career-ending injury. On commentary, Quack acts all broken up about it and says, "I’m sorry, Dieter. I made you a promise and I failed." So that's a thing, I guess.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

It's not gonna be a Big Deal guy because one of the bodyguards has a serious injury

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Big Bidness posted:

That takes some balls. You can get ring worn masks from guys like La Parka and Atlantis for less than the price of a Switch. And every CHIKARA mask I've seen up close has really mediocre build quality.

those masks are built by his wife, Kate Nyx and they are of superior quality to whatever dumbshit sweatshop poo poo Quack hawks.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Seven, Bate, Dunne announced as team 16.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Kind of surprised that they're not doing the Obariyon/Sea Stars team.

So the King of Trios teams are as follows:

In-House Teams
House Bike Cops (Donald Kluger, Jasper Tippins and Officer Warren Barksdale)

Mixed Teams

Regular Guest Teams
House Strong Style (Pete Dunne, Trent Seven and Tyler Bate)

New Guest Teams
House Bodyslam (Emeritus, Michael Fynne and Vasyl)
House Revival (Jody Fleisch, Johnny Moss and Jonny Storm)
House Sports (Danny Boy Collins, James Mason and Mal Sanders)

This will be the first King of Trios without Icarus on any of the teams, meaning the only wrestler to compete in every tournament is Hallowicked.

Other notable names missing: Ophidian, DUSTIN, Oleg, Missile Assault Man, Lucas Calhoun, Chuck Taylor TM, Los Ice Creams, Jeremy Leary, Race Jaxon (injured), the Whisper (entered in Rey de Voladores), Max Smashmaster, Wani.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I think at this point it's mandated that if you run an indie show in the UK you have to have British Strong Style on the card.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Gavok posted:

Kind of surprised that they're not doing the Obariyon/Sea Stars team.

So the King of Trios teams are as follows:

In-House Teams
House Bike Cops (Donald Kluger, Jasper Tippins and Officer Warren Barksdale)

Mixed Teams

Regular Guest Teams
House Strong Style (Pete Dunne, Trent Seven and Tyler Bate)

New Guest Teams
House Bodyslam (Emeritus, Michael Fynne and Vasyl)
House Revival (Jody Fleisch, Johnny Moss and Jonny Storm)
House Sports (Danny Boy Collins, James Mason and Mal Sanders)

This will be the first King of Trios without Icarus on any of the teams, meaning the only wrestler to compete in every tournament is Hallowicked.

Other notable names missing: Ophidian, DUSTIN, Oleg, Missile Assault Man, Lucas Calhoun, Chuck Taylor TM, Los Ice Creams, Jeremy Leary, Race Jaxon (injured), the Whisper (entered in Rey de Voladores), Max Smashmaster, Wani.

I think Max left to help run a school, didn't he?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I hope it makes them a pile of cash because I am still real disappointed the show isn't being run out of PA as usual

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I hope it makes them a pile of cash because I am still real disappointed the show isn't being run out of PA as usual

I had forgotten about it being in the UK this year and got really excited when Strong Style got announced

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Are people still mad they changed venues for this?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm happy that their UK fans get to have King of Trios this year. I'm just a little disappointed since my friends and I make a point to go to at least night 3 every year and I won't get to do that this time

Or is there some further drama involving the venues overseas, I haven't followed this too closely

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dangerous Person posted:

I'm happy that their UK fans get to have King of Trios this year. I'm just a little disappointed since my friends and I make a point to go to at least night 3 every year and I won't get to do that this time

Or is there some further drama involving the venues overseas, I haven't followed this too closely

Quack's mad about the election so he's making the US sleep on the couch.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Quack is the kind of person where even when you agree with the thing he's mad about he still manages to come off like a huge dick

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

C. Everett Koop posted:

Quack's mad about the election so he's making the US sleep on the couch.
Hmmm, yes, the UK referendum and election results were so much better... :negative:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

frankenfreak posted:

Hmmm, yes, the UK referendum and election results were so much better... :negative:

Hallowgovna is going to lead the BreXed Men to victory.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

On Saturday, they're doing Chikarasaurus Rex: Flesh and Stone at 3pm. It's the last Chikara show before King of Trios and it'll be streaming on Chikaratopia. Here are the matches announced:

Juan Francisco de Coronado defends the Grand Championship against Rory Gulak

This is without a doubt the most boring Chikara Grand Championship matchup ever, offset by some good booking. Juan Francisco is the first truly questionable champ Chikara's had (like if the Mountie became WWF Champion) and the fact that he's still on top is frustrating to watch. Rory is Drew's less charismatic brother who now works as a trainer for the Wrestle Factory. Both men took part in the Johnny Kidd Invitational tournament. In the semis, Rory defeated Zack Sabre Jr. while Juan Francisco defeated Matt Riddle. In the finals, Rory made Juan Francisco tap in under a minute, which earned him his third point.

Ophidian vs. Frightmare

Although Hallowicked is the leader of the House of Rot, Frightmare is easily the most dangerous. In the past year, he's been responsible for permanently taking out Amasis, Soldier Ant, Silver Ant and others. He's reached the point where Fire Ant is the only ant-based wrestler left in Chikara. Fire Ant himself just barely defeated Ophidian in a last man standing match. Ophidian has called out Frightmare in order to bring safety to the future of Chikara.

Icarus, Fire Ant, Solo Darling and Travis Huckabee vs. Oleg the Usurper, Kobald, Crummels and Defarge

The faces are part of the Furies, a faction put together to try and keep the House of Rot in line. On the other side is Hallowicked's henchman Kobald, who is currently hanging out with Oleg because of Oleg's honor or guilt or whatever. Either way, Oleg can't stand the little guy. Crummels and Defarge were the tag champs for much of the year until Solo Darling and Travis Huckabee (The Rumble Bees) finally defeated them. Unfortunately, right after that, Los Ice Creams cashed in their second Golden Opportunity (since each got one from winning Challenge of the Immortals) to get a Money in the Bank-type title shot and stole the belts away.

Dasher Hatfield vs. Merlok

Merlok is Chikara's latest monster heel. Other than Space Monkey being able to roll him up once, he's been unstoppable. The same can't be said for Dasher Hatfield, who has been suffering a string of losses, mainly at the hands of Merlok's King of Trios partners Hermit Crab and Cajun Crawdad. Merlok recently jumped him during one of Dasher's matches and Dasher's remarked that it's the hardest he's ever been hit.

Razerhawk defends the Young Lions Cup against Everett Connors

Razerhawk of Xyberhawx 2000 is the fifth Young Lions Cup champion since 2017 started. Since the roster is mostly made up of new guys, it makes sense that the trophy has been bouncing around from wrestler to wrestler. He'll be facing Everett Connors, who showed up at National Pro Wrestling Day as a Belieber that wrestles.

Missile Assault Man vs. The Whisper

Biding his time in the background, the Whisper is gradually building his way towards being one of the top heels in Chikara. Kind of a replacement for Kevin Condron while more inexplicable and mysterious, his deal is that he knows the secrets of everyone in the Chikara roster. He also may have Taskmaster move-stealing powers. So far he's been able to make Jeremy Leary immune to Ophidian's hypnotism and chased Kimber Lee out of the company. He had a questionable relationship with Missile Assault Man, posting pictures of his stolen diary on social media and seemingly aiding him outside the ring. But when Missile Assault Man was close to beating Juan Francisco for the Grand Championship, Juan Francisco whispered something into his ear that made MAM fall into a deep sleep. Knowing that Whisper betrayed him, MAM wants revenge.

Bike Cops vs. Sloan Caprice, Hermit Crab and Cajun Crawdad

Although Officer Warren Barksdale regularly teams up with fellow cop Bruno Meloni, he's entering King of Trios with bike enthusiasts Donald Kluger and Jasper Tippins. Sloan Caprice is kind of aimless at the moment as his boss barely shows up at Chikara and his tag partner is injured. He's teaming up with the bumbling crustaceans, who usually need their unstoppable buddy Merlok to bail them out.

Also, in other news, Lucas Calhoun recently discovered that he and Jeremy Leary are some kind of inhuman creatures created in a lab by Titor Conglomerate. He's since left Chikara to go clear his head.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Gavok posted:

Both men took part in the Johnny Kidd Invitational tournament. In the semis, Rory defeated Zack Sabre Jr. while Juan Francisco defeated Matt Riddle. In the finals, Rory made Juan Francisco tap in under a minute, which earned him his third point.
Lmao only Quack would book that final for an angle instead of Zack Sabre Jr. vs Matt Riddle.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Numero6 posted:

Lmao only Quack would book that final for an angle instead of Zack Sabre Jr. vs Matt Riddle.
What about the CWC?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Numero6 posted:

The last two King of Trios had guest team vs. guest team finals and the last Young Lions Cup tournament had a guest wrestler go over the two new heels they're trying to build up. I think he's allowed to use a tournament to put over his own guys.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Results from the show:

Bike Cops defeat Sloan Caprice, Hermit Crab and Cajun Crawdad. At first, Sloan wanted nothing to do with his partners and sat in the front row, snacking on popcorn. Donald Kluger accidentally punched him, then got a leg injury, keeping him out of the match. Eventually, he returned and won the match for his team.

Missile Assault Man defeated the Whisper via DQ. Whisper smacked him in the junk with a metal yoyo.

Razerhawk defeated Everett Connors. Much of the last few minutes involved Razerhawk attacking both Connors and Connors' manager, a cardboard cutout of Justin Bieber.

Ophidian, alongside some druids, came out to call out Frightmare. He wanted to do a Sarcophagus Match then and there. Instead, Hallowicked appeared and said that Frightmare wasn't there. The two had a great match that Ophidian had won, but then Frightmare appeared and beat him down. Ophidian hypnotized Frightmare and got him to enter the sarcophagus, but Hallowicked recovered and finished Ophidian off with Never Wake Up. Hallowicked defeated Ophidian and the druids started to carry the sarcophagus away. Snow Troll joined them and the sarcophagus was loaded into the back of a van. One druid pulled back his hood to reveal the Whisper, who drove off with Ophidian's carcass.

Dasher Hatfield defeated Merlok with a running powerbomb. Dasher's declared himself out of his slump.

Race Jaxon defeated Sylverhawk via DQ. Race kept staring at himself in the mirror, but then a remix of "Somebody's Watching Me" started playing, Hype Rockwell ran in and laid him out.

The Furies defeated Oleg/Kobald/Crummels/Defarge. Oleg got tired of Kobald screwing around and ended up chokeslamming Crummels and Defarge. The faces had zero trouble capitalizing. Also, there seemed to be no reaction whatsoever to all the stuff that happened with Ophidian earlier.

The commentary team throughout the night was Quack and Sidney Bakabella. Bakabella got increasingly annoyed when Quack told him that he wasn't currently a manager due to Max Smashmaster being injured and therefore not being on the active roster. Bakabella cut a promo warning Quack that Smashmaster was coming for him.

Juan Francisco defeated Rory Gulak. Gulak struggled to put him in a Dragon Sleeper and Juan hit Bryce while flailing. Juan tapped, but Bryce didn't see it. Juan put Gulak in the Coronado Clutch and he passed out.

Encore: Mr. Touchdown defeated Jeremy Leary, earning him his third point.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Triple posting in honor of King of Trios, which is this weekend it seems. I hope it's good!

In the meantime, I wrote up a ten year retrospective on King of Trios because why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

This is the Gavok thread for Gavok.

• Locked thread