Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's the point of splatfest and 99% of the time people are making jokes, shockingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

drat, I wish they would do Kirk vs. Picard!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They did different gundams and transformers in Splatoon 1, they often get branded splatfests (especially in japan) so it could happen if there was a movie coming ou t

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I love it when enemy Tri-Sloshers forget they have the Burst Bombs. :allears:

Seriously, they may not be the best sub to have, but the Tri-Slosher's range is lacking, which the Burst Bombs can help cover at the very least. Managed to snipe a few players this way with a few direct hits.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
It took a minute for the lobby to fill up, then as soon as the last person joined, the game announced new maps and booted everyone

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

It took a minute for the lobby to fill up, then as soon as the last person joined, the game announced new maps and booted everyone

:capitalism:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Playing Salmon Run on the switch screen and it turns out this is very hard. Hard to notice a lot of stuff when its this small.

EDIT: Even with high level Profreshionals it feels like I'm the only one who understands how to actually beat the gusher round.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jul 29, 2017

Flowers
Mar 16, 2007

it's all fucking lewds

I'm trying to figure out what my weapon is for this game, since it's been so long since I played the first. The luna blaster was my favorite, but it doesn't seem to be working so well for me anymore. Not sure if I'm just out of practice or if it's just a bit outclassed this time around. I really like the rapid blaster now, though I'm shocked at how many people barely move when I start hitting them with the blast.

The octobrush is cool as hell and I've been extremely effective with it, but I feel like my finger is gonna fall off every time I play it. Same with the sloshers.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Just had a fun splatzone game against a team with three dualies which was pretty much three minutes straight of 'dodge the homing missiles'. We lost.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Odd question but is there any online site or a program that will auto count and tell you how many each section of color is in a pixel image? I figure that would be a ton easier for pixel art images then hand counting my computer screen to do the same on the Splatoon canvas

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Would you prefer the next splatfest be nationalism vs neoliberalism or srirachia vs nutella?

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Most annoying turf war ever, one random team mate just seemed to follow me around the map just shooting at ground I already inked, what's that about!

Also, in a different turf war, I had the pro splattershot and 3 of my team mates had the aerospray thing, I thought this would be an easy victory if I went ahead and killed the opposite team whilst they just inked everything with their superior coverage. However, no, they just all ran to the front line for direct combat and left half the map uninked. I spent the last minute of the match trying to coat these parts with the pro splattershot and it was slow and tedious!!!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

creationist believer posted:

Would you prefer the next splatfest be nationalism vs neoliberalism or srirachia vs nutella?

Do one better and make this question the next splatfest.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

For the Goldie in a manhole wave, if you have to split up, don't be so far apart! You are playing a game of hot and cold. You want to be together when you finally find the right manhole so you can get as many golden eggs from the Goldie as possible. You can tell if you're getting closer or not by looking at the glow and size of the gusher when you open one. Brighter and taller ones means you should look around some more. Short gushers means you should go to the opposite and of the map and search there.

EDIT: Actually just don'e split up at all. It's a terrible idea. You won't be able to farm the eggs off the Goldie all by yourself. And there's pretty much nothing that really requires you to split up in that wave.

Unless you're playing with friends and can communicate. This advice is really for randoms.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 30, 2017

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

abraham linksys posted:

My friend's been playing Splatoon on my Switch and wants to get their own. They've been using a Nintendo account thing so I'm hoping that some of their progress will transfer, but it's Nintendo, so I'm not optimistic. Anyone know if you can at least transfer items/level by logging in on another Switch?

I believe the Amiibos store player data.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Under ideal communications you would split up to opposite sides of the map, burst one geyser, and then communicate with each other to quickly figure out where the goldie is based on the visual feedback. Without voice comms what you get is a bunch of people running around bursting every geyser and not paying attention to the glow at all. And even if 3 people are on board and know what to do, all it takes is one guy bursting every geyser they see to gently caress it all up.

Its the only round I dislike because it requires a level of communication not possible in a pub match. The game does a pretty good job of setting up the other rounds so that people can naturally figure out what to do, but this one really requires either solid communication or dumb luck.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.
Since the hidden Goldie in a manhole waves come up rather rarely for me, I don't yet have a good sense for what size geyser counts as "high" or "low." This thread was really helpful with pointing out the tide indicator earlier - does anyone have good screenshots of what kind of geyser indicates you're right next to the Goldie and which one means go to the other side of the map?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Losing my Switch has been miserable

Cloud saves can't come soon enough

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Lost a game of Salmon Run where on the 3rd wave where there were SWARMS of golden eggs right next to the basket. We lost because I died at the last second and couldn't get the eggs in, despite one teammate being right next to me and refusing to revive me or grab the eggs, even though there were no Salmonids right next to them. How do people like that even end up at Overachiever? That should have been one of the easiest wins.

I'm really gonna miss this weapon rotation, it's a really good one... if your team knows what they're doing.

CatsPajamas posted:

Since the hidden Goldie in a manhole waves come up rather rarely for me, I don't yet have a good sense for what size geyser counts as "high" or "low." This thread was really helpful with pointing out the tide indicator earlier - does anyone have good screenshots of what kind of geyser indicates you're right next to the Goldie and which one means go to the other side of the map?

Wrong place:

Getting closer...

Found him!

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jul 30, 2017

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I'm now torn between the bucket and octobrush, which is just a heckin lot of fun until your wrist starts hurting. They're both really good!

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Dr. Fetus posted:

I'm really gonna miss this weapon rotation, it's a really good one... if your team knows what they're doing.

This is what I've been saying and nobody believes me.
To the rest of the post that I didn't quote, unless you're in profreshional a goldie wave is a guaranteed time out because your team has no idea what's going on.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The Gorp posted:

This is what I've been saying and nobody believes me.
To the rest of the post that I didn't quote, unless you're in profreshional a goldie wave is a guaranteed time out because your team has no idea what's going on.

To be fair, has there been a legit bad rotation that even a team in the know couldn't triumph with yet?

Also gently caress blasters they're no fun in salmon run

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zelder posted:

To be fair, has there been a legit bad rotation that even a team in the know couldn't triumph with yet?

Also gently caress blasters they're no fun in salmon run

No, and I doubt there will be for a while. Though at some point I think Mr. Grizz is gonna send out people with nothing but chargers for the hell of it.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

People just have a hate-on for those brushes, which is fair because they have to retreat sometimes while the rapid fire guns don't really have a major combat weakness

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

lol, for the last 2 rounds our teams have basically traded spawns and inked the other team's spawn

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Brushes are the medics of salmon run. They can escape no matter how inked the map is and get to dead teammates fast.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Can't wait for splatfest, team mayo is gonna cream ketchup :3:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The splatfest tee is squid force and I'm up to 16 ink resistance chunks just from it for anyone wondering

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

My favorite part of this game is rocking Yeezy 750s

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Man getting weapons to rank 15 feels impossible. Even if you do get a lucky streak it takes one bad match with a disconnect to ruin it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's also largely pointless outside of some bonus xp

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Internet Kraken posted:

Man getting weapons to rank 15 feels impossible. Even if you do get a lucky streak it takes one bad match with a disconnect to ruin it.

Here's the secret way to win at Splatoon, pay attention play turf war after school hours against actual children, fucken ruin the little shits

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
I only play splatoon at 2am, where the pros are everywhere except on your team.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

Here's the secret way to win at Splatoon, pay attention play turf war after school hours against actual children, fucken ruin the little shits

savage

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

enojy posted:

3-slot Jordans on the app right now w/ the perk that makes objects easier to destroy -- works on Ink Armor, Baller, and the Rainmaker, so something to consider. Sound pretty good for ranked since Ninja Jump isn't so hot anymore.

35 minutes left on this, had no idea it worked on Ink armour and Baller, too.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

In Training posted:

It's also largely pointless outside of some bonus xp

But it makes me feel good

Speaking of which, does your level even do anything other than unlock more weapons?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Speaking of which, does your level even do anything other than unlock more weapons?

Nope. I don't even know if it unlocks more clothing options. Does it?

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

Internet Kraken posted:

You can do league at 15. Also I think level affects which items are offered in the shops, at least up to a certain point. Other than that, not really... Maybe factors in to matchmaking algorithms or some such

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Holy moley people are really good at killing you in the middle of the rainmaker dunk animation at A-, I've had at least 3 games where my team is 1 step/point away from winning and we'll just get splatted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Internet Kraken posted:

Under ideal communications you would split up to opposite sides of the map, burst one geyser, and then communicate with each other to quickly figure out where the goldie is based on the visual feedback

What visual feedback?

Seriously how the gently caress does that mode work, I've never seen any noticeable difference between the geysers