Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Healbot posted:

I don't believe that is possible unless you create a new NNID on your 2DSXL and buy another set of games for that.
The biggest difference to account systems on other platforms is that you have to do a system transfer to use your account on another 3DS or WiiU.

Thanks! That's okay, I figured I'd have to make a new account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Pocket Jockey would make one hell of an evil and lucrative F2P game

There was a f2p version in Japan for a little while, it wasn't popular.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
So has anyone found a new 2DS XL with IPS screens yet or what

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I asked nintendo but they just gave me the number of a local psychiatric hospital

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Nintendo is loving us again!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I mean I'd appreciate it if corporations showed an interest in mental healthcare

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have a 3ds XL w/ dual IPS I am selling. I am just lazy and haven't put it up on SA Mart yet. It's a Hyrule edition.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Are you going to mark it up because of the screens

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Looper posted:

Are you going to mark it up because of the screens

Seeing that they sell for 250-300 on Ebay. No, I am not going to sell it for Ebay prices.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
WhatsIPS screens

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

WhatsIPS screens

Better richer screens that have a wider viewing angle.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Barely noticeably better screens for your blurry 240p image

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Sakurazuka posted:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sakurazuka posted:

Maybe I have sensitive eyes but it's pretty noticeable to me but yeah, the 3DS screens suck anyway, especially after playing on the Switch handheld style.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

My Hey Pikmin arrived early.

Played it a bit.

It's okay. Not terribly difficult so far or engaging.

It's 2d pikmin, basically.

Yeah its a nice enjoyable game to unwind with about tough battles in Splatoon 2. It feels like it has better designed then New Yoshi'd Island. I like that Olimar still has his wit when naming and describing treasure. I feel like if you liked Kirby Mass Attack then you will Like Hey Pikmin

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
BTW Nintendo has confirmed that the Fusion Mode thingy in the Metroid 2 Remake is indeed amiibo-exclusive.

So yeah.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Pureauthor posted:

BTW Nintendo has confirmed that the Fusion Mode thingy in the Metroid 2 Remake is indeed amiibo-exclusive.

So yeah.

Where is this? Waypoint published a thing that made it sound conclusive when it really wasn't.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-officially-confirms-that-metroid-samus-returns-fusion-mode-can-only-be-unlocked-with-amiibo/

quote:

There was initially some uncertainty as to whether this would be an amiibo exclusive. In a statement provided to Eurogamer, Nintendo offered an official confirmation. The company said that “this unlockable content is only unlocked using amiibo”.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-26-metroid-samus-returns-has-exclusive-content-for-four-amiibo

quote:

Each of these four will give you something extra in Metroid: Samus Returns, and a Nintendo spokesperson has confirmed to Eurogamer that "this unlockable content is only unlocked using amiibo".

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l
Re: SMT4A, what are DDS Titles? Are they basically achievements or bragging rights to display on your Streetpass? I'm currently plugging away at SMT4 and I was pretty much just going to beat it once and move on to the superior game. Also, I live in East Bumfuck, USA, and I never got a SMT4 Streetpass once.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I wonder what you actually unlock then by completing the game more than once. :thunk:

At least nobody is calling for a boycott or starting a Change.Org petition over it at least.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Aww that sucks, I hope there's a different hard mode that doesn't require the squishy amiibo

general chaos
May 20, 2001
At least the amiibo availability problem can be solved with a phone and a $1 NFC tag.

Took Nintendo more than a decade to rerelease the gba e-reader levels for Mario 3 Advance.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sand Dan posted:

Re: SMT4A, what are DDS Titles? Are they basically achievements or bragging rights to display on your Streetpass? I'm currently plugging away at SMT4 and I was pretty much just going to beat it once and move on to the superior game. Also, I live in East Bumfuck, USA, and I never got a SMT4 Streetpass once.

Yeah you've got it right. Apocalypse does let you get 10 Streetpass hits online every like two hours of game time at least.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nintendo locking a difficulty mode in Metroid seems like an insanely loving bad decision almost tailormade to destroy what's left of this franchise

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

DLC Inc posted:

Nintendo locking a difficulty mode in Metroid seems like an insanely loving bad decision almost tailormade to destroy what's left of this franchise

Uh I am going to buy it and own the Amiibo and never even play hard mode. Who cares.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
other m collectively broke the minds of a large subsection of metroid fans

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Raserys posted:

other m collectively broke the minds of a large subsection of metroid fans

This is also true with Sticker Star/Paper Mario fans

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I feel bad for the people who spent years of their life working on Federation Force.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

most metroids dont have difficulty modes at all so im not sure why you think this, but regardless, its wrong

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DLC Inc posted:

Yoshio "Only the wiimote" Sakamoto is probably the one who demanded it.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

Strange Quark posted:

Yeah you've got it right. Apocalypse does let you get 10 Streetpass hits online every like two hours of game time at least.

tyvmsq

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
What I don't get is why Nintendo doesn't offer a I-Am-An-Adult version of Amiibo. Cheaper, without the toy, just the data. They already do cards for some things, why not do it entirely.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
lmbo at someone too insecure to have a cool squishy metroid

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

MisterBibs posted:

What I don't get is why Nintendo doesn't offer a I-Am-An-Adult version of Amiibo. Cheaper, without the toy, just the data. They already do cards for some things, why not do it entirely.

They want you to buy the toy for the price of the toy.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was actually kind of interested in getting the Metroid amiibo but that's a lovely practice so I'm not gonna now.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

I'm gonna buy the squishy metroid but not the game.

I'm an enigma.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I mean, the last time they let you use the Fusion suit, you needed a gameboy advance, a link cable, and a copy of Fusion.

I don't really have an issue with the Amiibo implementation either.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Those were all things a person might reasonably own for reasons other than unlocking basic features like extra difficulties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Sakurazuka posted:

I was actually kind of interested in getting the Metroid amiibo but that's a lovely practice so I'm not gonna now.

It's a lovely practice to sell a toys-to-life figurine that does stuff in a game?