Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Internet Kraken posted:

Moray Towers is a really unique map which is why so many people like it so much.

I have no idea why anyone likes Port Mackerel though.

Port Mackerel's got lots of nice sneaky blind corners to ambush from, and you can't hold vast sections of the map from a single vantage point with a Charger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

In Training posted:

The grind rails are new. As are the sponges on Port Mackerel

I'm still not the biggest fan of Moray but rainmaker on it is fantastic with the new rails

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

a7m2 posted:

How do I make a cool drawing like all the other people?

i don't want drawing tips, i mean how do i make any drawing at all? i can't find the option

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

a7m2 posted:

i don't want drawing tips, i mean how do i make any drawing at all? i can't find the option

There's a red post box by Sheldon's shop in the plaza. Walk up to it to make your shitpost.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

There's a red post box by Sheldon's shop in the plaza. Walk up to it to make your shitpost.

thanks buddy

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

lol i guess you don't get to have drawings if you live in china

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Frankston posted:

That was a fun and enjoyable session of rainmaker! :shepicide:
This was me yesterday.

What you need to do, is stop trying to win, and start trying to be an arsehole to the other team.

You'll be less stressed and start playing a little better in doing so.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

a7m2 posted:

lol i guess you don't get to have drawings if you live in china

You're better off.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I have no loving clue why anyone voted Moray Towers into the final Splatfest. Kelp Dome at least is a nice big simple map you can run around in.

I always imagined that it was exclusively voted in by all of the chargers, because a single charger in the old version of the map could lock down a whole team.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Dr. Fetus posted:

By the way, if you want to stack the same sub abilities on the same piece of gear, you're gonna have to do a lot of ability chunk farming. Yes the cost is 10 chunks, but that's only for the first ability. Any more increases the cost by 10 more, meaning that it takes 60 ability chunks to get a piece of gear with the same sub-abilities.
Do it like upgrade scrolls in Maple Story. Use a drink for the sub you want and hope the first two rolls go your way, and then use your chunks for the last slot. If not, just scrub and try again.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

If you have a friend who plays charger, punch him in the dick.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gimbal lock posted:

I always imagined that it was exclusively voted in by all of the chargers, because a single charger in the old version of the map could lock down a whole team.

A single Charger can still lock down the entire map. Most pubbies ignore the new inkline, and for some inane reason Nintendo changed Splatzones to a single zone in what is essentially No Man's Land. Having it up on the first-tier rises at least meant you had to push through to get at them instead of just dumping ink into the pit and ruining the other team's day because you got there first.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Do it like upgrade scrolls in Maple Story. Use a drink for the sub you want and hope the first two rolls go your way, and then use your chunks for the last slot. If not, just scrub and try again.

Even if they're natural rolls the third one still takes 30 ability chunks. It's easier to do 1:1:1 of the abilities you want

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zelder posted:

I'd kill everyone in this thread for retro specs with a better ability than quick respawn

Same, but the half specs. They're so loving Fresh it's unfair that they have Special Boost (the more effective one. If they had special charge, they'd be fine.)

e - on the Inklines. If you're able to pop it while a Bad Squid is swimming in it, it will splat them. I think Nintendo mentioned it somewhere, but a reminder is good.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 30, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

In Training posted:

Even if they're natural rolls the third one still takes 30 ability chunks. It's easier to do 1:1:1 of the abilities you want

Were there any abilities in Splat1 that you wanted more than 3 sub slots of?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't want to bother at all in 1 because your only option was pure chance and gently caress that.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Bill Barber posted:

This is what I was planning to do when I got around to farming for abilities. That's how the drinks work, right? Related how do you get more of them? I don't think I've seen one for Ink Resistance, which is the one I'm hurting for the most right now.

In Training posted:

What? That's super loving dumb. I'll probably try to find a few clothing items I like and spread abilities between them, in that case.

Regarding abilities, though, from this link which was posted earlier, each slot only has two abilities it can be, depending on brand? Common and Uncommon? So Ink Resist only shows up on Enperry and Squid Force? Or am I reading it completely wrong?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Common abilities on the Gear have a higher chance of showing up, Uncommon less so. So Annaki is likely to get Cold Blooded, and rarely gets Special Saver, as you rank it up.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
It's super annoying that it straight up won't let you buy gear you already have, even if it has a different more desirable main ability. Just let me waste my money and trash the old one!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Man, the 50 GAL is savage but its sub sucks. Which makes it not an ideal weapon in Splat Zones. If it had some kind of bomb as a sub it would be even more savage.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I have no loving clue why anyone voted Moray Towers into the final Splatfest. Kelp Dome at least is a nice big simple map you can run around in.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Silver Falcon posted:

This is what I was planning to do when I got around to farming for abilities. That's how the drinks work, right? Related how do you get more of them? I don't think I've seen one for Ink Resistance, which is the one I'm hurting for the most right now.

Grind up the splatfest tee shirt then scrub it for 2k each, it's squidforce which favors ink resistance. I level it up once, scrub, repeat since it's cheap.

I'm up to 18 ink resistance chunks

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Bill Barber posted:

It's super annoying that it straight up won't let you buy gear you already have, even if it has a different more desirable main ability. Just let me waste my money and trash the old one!

All gear main abilities are locked.
There was a glitch in the app that let gear have different main abilities but they fixed it.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

hey welcome to the show! posted:

All gear main abilities are locked.
There was a glitch in the app that let gear have different main abilities but they fixed it.

No, they fixed the glitch where certain pieces had impossible gear (i.e head only main abilities appearing on shoes), but you can still buy equipment with different main abilities in the app

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Judd gave me 1 super sea snail for hitting level 30 so I can add a slot or reroll gear with 3 slots and get the old abilities as chunks. I'm not sure why you'd ever reroll using snails now that scrubbing exists and coins are technically infinite with enough grinding but super sea snails are only given during splatfests which won't continue forever

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Oh and snails are the only way to add slots now, you can't use coins anymore

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Lakbay posted:

Judd gave me 1 super sea snail for hitting level 30 so I can add a slot or reroll gear with 3 slots and get the old abilities as chunks. I'm not sure why you'd ever reroll using snails now that scrubbing exists and coins are technically infinite with enough grinding but super sea snails are only given during splatfests which won't continue forever

Based on what I've seen from others, you get 1 sea snail for each level over 30 as well

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

In Training posted:

I didn't want to bother at all in 1 because your only option was pure chance and gently caress that.

i save scummed my collection of sea snails to just keep rolling over and over and even then my patience ran out so i settled on something that was "good enough"

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Lakbay posted:

Well once you have added slots to everything you want, there's nothing else to really do with seasnails. So to save cash you could try rerolling a piece of gear for the abilities you want before adding chunks to perfect it.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Lakbay posted:

Grind up the splatfest tee shirt then scrub it for 2k each, it's squidforce which favors ink resistance. I level it up once, scrub, repeat since it's cheap.

I'm up to 18 ink resistance chunks

I'm just getting massively unlucky then. I have yet to get Ink Resist on my Splatfest shirt. I'll keep trying, though!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Yeah, anecdotal evidence says it has a high chance for ink resistance up, my 4th was special rate up though.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I feel like on Turf War when you pick your path and start inking and then 10 seconds in someone comes and swims in front of you and takes your path over you can almost guarantee your team is going to lose

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Zelder posted:

Based on what I've seen from others, you get 1 sea snail for each level over 30 as well

Confirmed, I hit 31 and I got another snail from Judd (I play too much)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Kurt Inkenwald.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

haha, I instantly screenshotted this one too

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I am still so happy that this feature returned.:3:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

I never, ever imagined that I would be :yeah:ing the Kurt Eichenwald quote. Thanks Nintendo.

Anyway, those grind rails in Moray Towers are so good, and I'm really happy with the placement of the two zones. I sort of wish the other levels had two zones as well.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Internet Kraken posted:

Well once you have added slots to everything you want, there's nothing else to really do with seasnails. So to save cash you could try rerolling a piece of gear for the abilities you want before adding chunks to perfect it.

I'm assuming the snails are exactly the same as just scrubbing the item because if they instantly rerolled all 3 abilities and you kept the previous ones as chunks then snails would be useful past the first 5 or so.

Still, saves 20k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

Moray Towers is a really unique map which is why so many people like it so much.
it's unique in how amazingly bad it is compared everything else in either game!