Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm manually adjusting the lineup for you guys whenever an injury happens, out of the goodness of my heart. The CPU would gently caress everything up big time if it tried to handle lineup changes since a lot of you have unorthodox lineups in the first place

Speaking of the sim, Week 2 is about to go live

Can we talk about how my lineup is set up because i have a bery specific one in my mind

Jrue and Rodney Hood are obvious 1 and 2, I dont know anything about 2k so i dont know how you can set priorities or anything but htis is how i'd let it go, 3 would Oubre jr, 4 would be Jamychal Green, 5 would be Thon Maker

Backup pg would be split between Justin Anderson/ Sumner, backup 2 is I'm like Anfernee I do things the Hardway, 3 is Scornier Fournier, 4, Richaun Holmes, but he would also play 4 alongside thon, and play 5 alongside Jamychal, the 3rd center is big Ike, then back of bench is Terrance Ferguson and Dragan with some token minutes to get them playing time

I'd want Oubre Jr Hood /Fournier Hardaway to get to mix and match. I'm thinking like that charlotte team of two years ago that was 100% wings and little man kemba and 3 p shooting centers. Just balling and being super athletic and long

If the in game rankings make that impossible then i guess let it be, but if you can change the in game rankings change them so that they're correct and they value my versatile passing men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
How is rockets v clippers tied right now
The pistons would beat the bulls in a single game
You guys are crazy

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dejan Bimble posted:

How is rockets v clippers tied right now
The pistons would beat the bulls in a single game
You guys are crazy

I voted against the Pistons because he admitted to not voting on purpose. I voted against the rockets because it's funny

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doltos posted:

I voted against the Pistons because he admitted to not voting on purpose. I voted against the rockets because it's funny

Oh pistons are alansmithee
We gotta all vote against his scheming demon rear end in a top hat
It's hard to keep track

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I stick by my decision. I'll never vote for the bulls. NEVER! Detroit vs. everybody, the way it should be.

No idea about the rockets vote though. I thought that would be a trouncing but folks like the clippers a lot more than I do.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 29, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The clippers are really good hth

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I think the Rockets' lineup is really bad outside of Steph/Giannis. Greg Monroe is the only other legit starter and we already know he's not a good fit with Giannis, the interior D is nonexistent unless you put Giannis down there, where he is effective but not being used to his full ability and will get in foul trouble, there is 0 shooting, multiple old washed up guys, including one starting in Brandon Bass who couldn't get more than 11 minutes a game on the Clippers in a season they were ravaged by injuries, an offensive albatross in Thabo...just generally not a good lineup. Clippers are deeper and better constructed, better at 3/5 starting positions, might actually improve if their starting PG gets hurt like he always does. Steph/Giannis is good for a couple wins but not a playoff series.

Bulls/Pistons is extremely close. At least one of Dray and Boogie are getting ejected during the series though, and the Bulls' bench will extend leads on the scrubs the Pistons have to trot out. Also Lowry fears the playoffs.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Clip-clop is the sound a moving horse makes, a clipper must be a horse missing several legs, a rocket is faster than a horse with less than 4 legs, Rockets win I guess

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The clippers lack the look

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Metapod posted:

The clippers lack the look

I voted for the thunder and this is how you repay me?!?!?!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

I voted for the thunder and this is how you repay me?!?!?!

I'm sorry you drafted players without the look

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
win 13-3.

The Rockets and Clippers are tied. I'm going to extend the vote to around 2 PM tomorrow, where we'll begin the finals.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
win 12-9.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Grand Finals

Bulls (1) vs Clippers (2)

Vote Here: https://strawpoll.com/33ydckyb

Deadline will be at 9 PM PST/ MIDNIGHT EST.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

YES

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

The Chicago Bulls (xbilkis) defeat the Los Angeles Clippers (Paul Zuvella) 12-5 and win the BYOGM 3 Championship!

Thank you to everybody that participated this year, it was fun. CBM is running his 2K simulated version in his thread for a while, so I'm sure that'll be exciting to keep track of where you can (hopefully) exact revenge in that format instead if you felt slighted by goons in this one.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
:siren:

Here are all of the votes that were counted for the playoffs.

I didn't keep track of anybody's names for confidentiality, but they're all there. The yellow one is Lockback who wasn't in the game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I love how most teams in the western conference generally fall into a slot except the Wolves being everywhere

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I hope everyone learned a valuable lesson from this experience and that lesson is voting doesn't matter and the sim does prove it on the court bitches

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Man my vote spread was all over. I really figured my team would be like 3-6 on every ballot because I had two clear complementary stars and decent supporting pieces, but a team that was pretty clearly not as deep and with more obvious flaws than the top teams. A few people had me way up at 2 (people who really like Gobert I'm guessing which I can appreciate) but I'm really surprised at the number of ballots I just wasn't even on. Some people really hate Ryan Anderson I bet.

homphgomph
Nov 23, 2007

So that's what that feels like
Thanks to folks who voted the Pels so high, and to the people who didn't put me in the West 8, I understand that not everyone sees the potential of Alpha Kaba and OG.

I know I said this before but this was a ton of fun, looked forward to this everyday for the past couple weeks, was planning out bids in my head at work and making spreadsheets to manage everything.

So thanks again Deadbeat Dad and congrats Bulls on being patient with your money and scooping up a championship roster in the last few days.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Doltos posted:

I hope everyone learned a valuable lesson from this experience and that lesson is voting doesn't matter and the sim does prove it on the court bitches

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Death to all the haterz. Your lack of faith will fuel my grind in my #musecage.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Good to see confirmation that I am in fact a basket ball genius

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

xbilkis posted:

Good to see confirmation that I am in fact a basket ball genius

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Many thanks to Deadbeat Dad for running this and all his hard work in organising it. It was great fun and would be awesome to do again sometime, when hopefully most of us won't be all quite so dumb.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

tanglewood1420 posted:

Many thanks to Deadbeat Dad for running this and all his hard work in organising it. It was great fun and would be awesome to do again sometime, when hopefully most of us won't be all quite so dumb.

Eh it's really what you got out of it. I'm sure a lot of people who spent early recognized that it was better to spend late but built the team that they wanted instead.

Plus all those whacky bids made the game more interesting and fun.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah nice work DbD.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

I made a lovely team that got 4 playoff votes from you knuckleheads and I'm currently 1 game under .500 in the 2K13 thread so basically I'm slightly less bad than all of you thought as a GM so suck it. Go pacers o'Doyle rules.

Had a great time would draft again.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Thanks for your hard work, Deadbeat Dad! Kind of an oxymoron there.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Yup, cheers to DBD for running this so well. Had a lot of fun putting together my team

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012
I blame DbD for making me face up to the fact I'm a terrible GM, and I'll never forgive him for it.

So, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I thank DBD for the work but blame him for making me realize I am actually an excellent GM who missed my true calling in life
It's truly haunting

• Locked thread