Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

How much would this gently caress up my (currently decently) handling New Edge?

https://www.universalcarlifts.com/product/94-04-ford-mustang-lift-kit-3-to-5-cups-struts-shocks/

I might be seeking retail therapy. These would need to be followed with 15" wheels (will those clear GT brakes?) and M/Ts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Krakkles posted:

How much would this gently caress up my (currently decently) handling New Edge?

https://www.universalcarlifts.com/product/94-04-ford-mustang-lift-kit-3-to-5-cups-struts-shocks/

I might be seeking retail therapy. These would need to be followed with 15" wheels (will those clear GT brakes?) and M/Ts.

:barf:

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Hahahaha that about sums it up. I figured, thanks!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Do it do it do it do it do it.

I threw 15s on my GT they fit fine.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Caliper paint is good stuff if you take your time with prep and do it right. You don't have to go red or yellow and try to make a faux BBK, you can just use black or gunmetal or something to dress up the rusty metal look a bit. I used the brush on kind on my old TSX (black, and I put white 'Acura' decals on them after that I got from eBay) and the paint held up for the six years I had that car. PlastiDip on calipers makes me drop a massive LOL though. That is not a good plan.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
All this talk about brakes makes me really really want to buy a 14" Wilwood big brake kit again after I already told myself no I wouldn't buy it.

Also, I never actually saw a lift kit dedicated for a Mustang. I never knew such a thing existed. I always thought it was a modified truck or jeep part.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Donk scene makes lift kits for everything.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kalvick posted:

All this talk about brakes makes me really really want to buy a 14" Wilwood big brake kit again after I already told myself no I wouldn't buy it.

Also, I never actually saw a lift kit dedicated for a Mustang. I never knew such a thing existed. I always thought it was a modified truck or jeep part.
The brakes on the Mach 1 are upgraded to 13 inches over the 10.8 on the GT and its a huge difference. Stopping is good.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

kalvick posted:

Wait that is not OEM. Heretic spotted.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Elephanthead posted:

Wait that is not OEM. Heretic spotted.

what?

Cage posted:

The brakes on the Mach 1 are upgraded to 13 inches over the 10.8 on the GT and its a huge difference. Stopping is good.

I have Cobra 13" rotors and the red calipers, one of my 1st mods. I just want BIGGER to fill in the wheels. There is really no other reason since the 13" are perfectly fine at stopping.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
quick question.... Where can I get a replacement sticker for the engine bay, like the one in this picture, next to the hood latch?
It looks like moisture got between the plastic on the sticker and the label with the text on it. Everything is blurry.

I found stickers https://lmr.com/products/94-04-Mustang-Underhood-Decals but non of them look like what I have.
the colors may be different, but I cant read the text to verify if an alternate LMR sticker has the same data.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I got you, fam

But really who cares just scrap it off.

edit: This is the closest Ive seen: https://lmr.com/item/OS-DF1632/mustang-air-conditioning-warning-decal-0304

Cage fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 26, 2017

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

I got you, fam

But really who cares just scrap it off.

edit: This is the closest Ive seen: https://lmr.com/item/OS-DF1632/mustang-air-conditioning-warning-decal-0304

LOL bra stickers.... I wish i could read my sticker to confirm but there is no text on there thats legible. I just sent an email over to lmr to see what they say.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
You can tell from the picture you posted that the left half of the decal is 99% the same. The pictures on the left are radiator icons, and the yellow box says AC on the top. The green box on yours is probably just the english statement about the fuel shutoff switch whereas the one I linked has a few different languages. Not sure what the orange box is.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Speaking of things that cost way too much: https://www.shopmrt.com/1994-04-Mustang-Rear-Window-Louver-p/12b007.htm

Visus/MRT aluminum louvers are back.

They look like these:

Instead of these, which were the only aluminum ones available for a long time:

Im holding back this summer, but it might be something I'll save up for next season.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

Speaking of things that cost way too much: https://www.shopmrt.com/1994-04-Mustang-Rear-Window-Louver-p/12b007.htm

Visus/MRT aluminum louvers are back.

You and your crazy fetish about louvers. hehe. Check out MRT's no drilling required hood props. I think I may pick up a set, they are less than 90 bucks and can be installed with one person.
I think thats the mod I will do this year, because I spend all my fun money on computer parts.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
You are the last person allowed to call someone crazy for being particular about their mustang. :colbert:

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Cage posted:

You are the last person allowed to call someone crazy for being particular about their mustang. :colbert:

ok you got me. we are both crazy.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I blame the inspector gadget cartoon for my louver fetish. I don't know what it is about them that I love.

That and the dmc-12 of course.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I should get louvres for my magnetic s550...

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rolo posted:

I should get louvres for my magnetic s550...

:chloe:

The aluminum speedforms look a little better, but fyi thats the same brand as the aluminum ones I had on my mustang for literally one day before I took them off in disgust. Maybe they improved them for the later models but imo Im not in love with louvers on the s550.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
It's also lame how (completely just my opinion) expensive useless cosmetic accessories are. Louvres might be cool, plus they're removable, but I'm not testing the water for 500+ dollars.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
But they cool your car by a degree or two!

Yeah they are definitely too much money for reasonable people but its pretty much a sure thing I will be buying these.

Ive been good this summer though. Besides spending a good chunk on the car itself I haven't bought anything extra for it. (I say as Im waiting to hear back from a guy on craigslist selling 17x10.5 mach 1 wheels :getin:)

Cage fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 26, 2017

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Rolo posted:

It's also lame how (completely just my opinion) expensive useless cosmetic accessories are. Louvres might be cool, plus they're removable, but I'm not testing the water for 500+ dollars.

As for cosmetic accessories the most expensive one I found (besides carbon fiber body panels) is a flat bottom steering wheel conversion for almost 700 bucks!
Also I really want it :(

kalvick fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 26, 2017

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Cage posted:

The aluminum speedforms look a little better, but fyi thats the same brand as the aluminum ones I had on my mustang for literally one day before I took them off in disgust. Maybe they improved them for the later models but imo Im not in love with louvers on the s550.

I couldn't agree more, I'd consider louvers on my 2015 but I've yet to see a set without a weird curve to them that makes them look absolutely loving horrible.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Swore this was a 3rd gen camaro at first look

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Oh am I in time for tacky cosmetic chat?

I blew some of my clear off the drivers side mirror with a power washer so instead of respraying I figure I would mix it up a little. Also maybe get people to stop asking why my mirrors are red.

It's real CF, I got it off ebay from china seller for like half of what the poo poo on american muscle and such cost. Weave is nice, looks good. Left some red showing because red accents are good.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Buhbuhj posted:

I blew some of my clear off the drivers side mirror with a power washer so instead of respraying I figure I would mix it up a little. Also maybe get people to stop asking why my mirrors are red.

It's real CF, I got it off ebay from china seller for like half of what the poo poo on american muscle and such cost. Weave is nice, looks good. Left some red showing because red accents are good.

dude, you definitely know how to play the accent game on your ride! It is always the smallest details that make a car like that pop.

ALSO......

Empty Parking Lot Day! I have been driving my car sooooooooo much lately!

kalvick fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 27, 2017

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
I may be leaving the mustang herd soon. Stupid needing cargo space and a half assed back seat and room for cargo...

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Is the mustang your only car or something? I figured we all had a beater to go along with it.

Can I just mention how much I love owning a gray car? I hardly wash it and while it doesn't gleam it still looks fine after weeks whereas the black car would look like trash after just a couple days.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Yup, only car. Love it, but it's limiting what I can do. Gonna trade it in for a truck.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cage posted:

Is the mustang your only car or something? I figured we all had a beater to go along with it.

Can I just mention how much I love owning a gray car? I hardly wash it and while it doesn't gleam it still looks fine after weeks whereas the black car would look like trash after just a couple days.

My beater is another mustang :v:

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Buhbuhj posted:

You've got red on you(r car).

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Was this the same mustang that was white with red sideview mirrors and just a bit of red trim along the side panel? I too like white cars and I this is a great way to add some color and distinction to what might otherwise look, as others have warned, like a rental car.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Hello Mustang owners! Has anyone seen any products for the 2015+ interiors that swap out the chrome trim around the gauge cluster, vents, cupholders, door handles (anything and everything) with something non chrome (ideally matte)? Or has anyone seen an example of someone wrapping those parts?

It's seems like there is just about Everything available for the Mustang, but trawling forums and google hasn't unearthed anything yet.

Thanks in advance!

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
I've seen people just get them wrapped in vinyl. The only real replacements I've seen are the carbon fiber ones on AM which are still glossy.

Edit: rereading your post I can see I misunderstood what you were talking about. I haven't seen anyone wrap trim, just the big aluminum dash pieces.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
It's just painted on chrome. I've seen people just sand that stuff off and have nice looking bare metal.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Welp. Goodbye Mustang. It's been fun.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
If it was fun you would've bought a beater truck from the 90s to do occasional hauling. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Cage posted:

If it was fun you would've bought a beater truck from the 90s to do occasional hauling. :colbert:
Don't have space or inclination for two vehicles. If I want a fun vehicle I have a motorcycle for that.