Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

How can I give a better reason when there's no content?

Yeah exactly, just feels lame to vote him yet again when it's just a crapshoot. I'm sure he will post eventually.

I guess the now policy around here is vote lurkers all the time though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

By eventually do you mean by end of this day?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Which is today?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

By eventually do you mean by end of this day?

No, just some future days. Keep those expectations low Max

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Lurker lynches are always crapshoots, but if people aren't providing content then I have no issue voting for them.

It's also a small game so waiting for someone to come in and maybe perhaps provide some content on a later day isn't really a position I want to take where the game will probably only last a few days. If this were 20+ people where we know there's going to be 5 or more game days at a minimum I'd be willing to be more lenient in lurking during D1.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

Lurker lynches are always crapshoots, but if people aren't providing content then I have no issue voting for them.

It's also a small game so waiting for someone to come in and maybe perhaps provide some content on a later day isn't really a position I want to take where the game will probably only last a few days. If this were 20+ people where we know there's going to be 5 or more game days at a minimum I'd be willing to be more lenient in lurking during D1.

Empty quoting because I agree with Asiina?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm not overly fond of that statement by Hal. It feels like a weird way of dampening suspicion without sticking his neck out.

I'm also about to be at a tailgate for a soccer game (go Juventus!) so I'll be around later, but spotty throughout the day.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

I feel like every single game betrayer is voted D1 and frankly I'm a little sick of it

At least give a better reason

this one.

Betrayer could still be scum in this game, just because he wasn't in those others.

People did give reasoning. His policy lynch statement, do you have any opinion on that?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

this one.

Betrayer could still be scum in this game, just because he wasn't in those others.

People did give reasoning. His policy lynch statement, do you have any opinion on that?

Meh he could be but I like playing with him so I'd rather not kill him D1 yet again unless I actually think he is scummy

Policy lynch just seems like typical betrayer stuff if it didn't I wouldn't have an issue with voting him

Don't really expect this to convince anyone, just stating my objections

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

Policy lynch just seems like typical betrayer stuff if it didn't I wouldn't have an issue with voting him

Can you elaborate on this? Haven't played with him in a minute.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I just watched Betrayer get turbod day 1 in another game. I won't do it here.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal/Jam, who do you posit is a better option to lynch today?

I understand y'all digging your heels in, but unless you have a better alternative..

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm so loving thrilled that jokephase ends immediately after I post.

I request a replacement.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Lame

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm choosing to interpret this as "The Mafia community no longer wants me to play". Might as well give the slot to someone else, since protesting does absolutely gently caress-all in the face of "well, we need to lynch someone and it's either you or a lurker because it's Day 1 and we can't figure out anything without night actions".

Thanks for the memories.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

No it's lame you're replacing out. The issue currently is "yo where is he at." If you're around then cool, please post and participate.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Hey Betrayer, if it makes you feel better, I want you to stay and I'm not voting you =)

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The case against me is "He wasn't here and he threw down a joke vote", and there's magically enough momentum that I'm the default choice even if I somehow pull a Night Zero cop investigation out of my rear end.

Participation isn't fixing that and you know it.

As I said, I want a replacement. I'm done.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

redneck nazgul posted:

The case against me is "He wasn't here and he threw down a joke vote", and there's magically enough momentum that I'm the default choice even if I somehow pull a Night Zero cop investigation out of my rear end.

It's only 3 votes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sorry dude, didn't mean to yuck your yum so much. But if your vote on me was a policy lynch vote, I don't get how it was supposed to be construed as a joke.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You're the vote leader by one vote, come on dude.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, sorry but that's nonsense.

Like I was voting Sandwolf and then he starting posting opinions so moved my vote to another people who hasn't been participating. Don't give this "woe is me" bullshit when literally all that's being asked of you is to give the slightest amount of participation in this game you signed up for.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
peramene runs a Myst game: can't stop casually mentioning Huniepot IP

peramene runs a Huniepop game: finally plays Obduction

"wew lads" as the kids say

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Murmur Twin has burst out of the torso of redneck nazgul the Betrayer in a tremendously bloody display of kindness

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

peramene posted:

Murmur Twin has burst out of the torso of redneck nazgul the Betrayer in a tremendously bloody display of kindness

Never let it be said that I play without heart :j:

I know 0 about the flavor of this game and haven't read anything yet but hello everyone!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

peramene posted:

none of these characters are super sexualized, what a ridiculous notion, ha ha ha

these characters have ascended past the level of super sexualized and are hypersexualized

and you know the rest

:dawkins101:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Murmur Twin (3): Bifauxnen, Flamander, Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, Asiina
Flamander (2): Bifauxnen, Max
Hal Incandenza (1): Jamuraan
Bifauxnen (1): Podima
Sandwolf (1): Murmur Twin, Asiina, Asiina

Not Voting (3): Hal Incandenza, Mithross, Somberbrero

With 11 hunies, it's 6 votes to pop. Figure out who to pop by July 30th, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 58 minutes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If MMT replaces out we will know for sure if they are scum or not.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

If MMT replaces out we will know for sure if they are scum or not.

The fact that I replaced in instead of out should tell you everything you need to know!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Podima posted:

Oh okay cool I was going to see if I could figure out who was Aubrey because peramene would definitely have made them scum. Reminder that she used Aubrey as her av on the forums for a good long time, including when she was an evil horrible person in Awful Survivor.

##vote bif

On a scale of 1-10 how much of a smoking gun is this?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

redneck nazgul posted:

Jeez, we could just vote Flam instead, I feel better about voting him anyway

Oh well, hi MT! Are you that Aubrey chick?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Jeez, we could just vote Flam instead, I feel better about voting him anyway

Oh well, hi MT! Are you that Aubrey chick?

I am.

(not really though)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Jamuraan posted:

##vote Hal
Always scum

---

I'm perfectly okay with my Hal vote. Considering he's not directly addressed me, I am concerned.

On a read-through this feels like the most fake content in the game so far. The original vote seemed to be intended as a jokephase vote and the way it morphed into "I am concerned because he didn't address my vote" doesn't feel genuine to me.

##vote Jam

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also uhhh I didn't realize that deadline was in less than four hours when I signed up for this :ohdear: I have to run a few errands but should be back before deadline.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I still like voting Flam but if people wanted to move the vote over to Jam instead, I'd happily switch. Last time MT dropped these kind of D1 calls she was fuckin spot on

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That was a garbage replace out, but I think it was alignment neutral, and MMT sweeping into the thread has already provided more content so my lurker bloodlust is satiated.

I don't think anyone is hardcore lurking anymore, so I think the best actual case is on Flam.

##vote Flam

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

On a scale of 1-10 how much of a smoking gun is this?

Podima posted:

Or I'd daycop Bif because I really do think there's a solid chance peramene would make Audrey scum.

It's basically a mod meta read, but in the absence of any content it was a fine starting point. I think it's better to set aside at this point in lieu of focusing on actual game content though. Call it a 3-4 now?

That being said, that was a lovely whiny pissbaby replace-out on redneck nazgul's part and I'd still vote MMT purely on principle. MMT's catch on Jammy is pretty good though, I've done that kind of doubling-down on a jokephase vote before as scum.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##vote Flamander Him or Jammy, I'm feeling. Now that I look back, Somber did call out the same thing about Jammy so I'm feeling better about him atm.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I am awake!

I'm doing a read through before I drop a vote on any one, but wanna say wow that was a lovely replace out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yeah kind of lame of Betrayer to take his ball and go but whatever. MMT is a solid replacement.

I would be ok with a vote on Flam, although I need to look him over one more time. I did think his original vote was pretty poor though.

The only thing that bothers me about Jammy is that he is being less obnoxious than he generally is as town, not sure if that is a reaction to the last few games where he got a lot of poo poo about it or if this is his more circumspect scum game.

• Locked thread