Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

That being said, that was a lovely whiny pissbaby replace-out on redneck nazgul's part and I'd still vote MMT purely on principle.

Not liking this at all, I'm watching you rear end in a top hat grandpa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Podima posted:

It's basically a mod meta read, but in the absence of any content it was a fine starting point. I think it's better to set aside at this point in lieu of focusing on actual game content though. Call it a 3-4 now?

That being said, that was a lovely whiny pissbaby replace-out on redneck nazgul's part and I'd still vote MMT purely on principle. MMT's catch on Jammy is pretty good though, I've done that kind of doubling-down on a jokephase vote before as scum.

I'm gonna echo Asiina here, MMT already provided more content having swooped in. Was lovely though but whatayagunnado

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK it's Sunday night and I'm hungry and am going to watch movies with Dr. Maxine. I have my phone on me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Podima posted:

Redneck's sad excuse for a policy vote is bad, agree.

I would also agree with this.

Podima posted:

and I'd still vote MMT purely on principle.

:colbert:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Flamander posted:

When it boils down to it, I've only had 2 games and 4 d2s worth of experience. One scum, one town. That was my point.

Anyways, my argument contradicts itself, right? Mind pointing out how so? Because you missed out a bit. 'By itself.' I was saying that the vote wasn't necessarily enough evidence. He could have posted soon after, giving a reason. Or even post at all. But the fact that he hasn't posted in this thread that much apart from a joke conversation about popping shortly after the game's start, that vote that basically says 'holy poo poo sandwolf is in this???' and his signup leads me to believe that redneck's probably scum.

Assuming you're willing to give me a pass (as I had no control over how much nazgul posted), who would be your next strongest suspect?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Ok, I did a read through, and I prefer Jammy to Flam today. Flam's post was awkward and self-contradicting, but I could see the first point being part of the reason for the second part. Jam calling someone out for not directly responding to a vote on them day 1 is worse. Especially this vote

Jamuraan posted:

##vote Hal
Always scum

which was quite clearly an early joke vote. Those go ignored what, 2/3 of the time? More? If the vote doesn't mean anything, why respond to it? Doubling down and using that lack of response as a real case I could maybe see as a means of adding some pressure, but to carry that vote all the way until nearly deadline is bad.

##vote Jamuraan

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I would vote Flam to prevent a no-lynch, I should be in and out until deadline, but I'd like to see us switch to Jam.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm gonna sit tight here in case not enough people show up for deadline, but yeah I'd help you out on that Jam vote Mithross.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Flamander I think they look a little worse than Jam at this point, but I would move if need be.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Is the gist of it that Jam tried to make that obvious joke vote serious?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

That's the main point people have, yeah. I do think he is playing a more cautious game than he has recently though so I think that might be more telling.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mmmm yeah that is such a bad argument for scum to make that I don't trust Jam would do that.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Max posted:

I just said it's suspicious that he didn't even comment on it, even if it's a joke vote. He completely ignored it. I understand it didn't really warrant a response, but I thought it was odd enough that I didn't even get a mention.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

He's the opposite of me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

T-15, act now or forever hold your peace.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

uh, someone is gonna hammer, right?

fake edit: this time you scooped me instead Max

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Revenge

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
##vote Flam

I was waiting to see if anyone else wanted to chime in before I hammered, but here ya go.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Flamander (6): Bifauxnen, Max, Asiina, Podima, Hal Incandenza, Jamuraan
Jamuraan (2): Murmur Twin, Mithross
Murmur Twin (2): Bifauxnen, Flamander, Bifauxnen, Sandwolf, Asiina, Asiina

Not Voting (1): Somberbrero

With 11 hunies, it's 6 votes to pop. Figure out who to pop by July 30th, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 8 minutes.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Beli, as played by Flamander, has been popped.

It is now night one.

Actions through the usual channels. 24 hours. <3

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Nikki, as played by Podima, has been popped.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Not Voting (9): Asiina, Bifauxnen, Hal Incandenza, Jamuraan, Max, Mithross, Murmur Twin, Sandwolf, Somberbrero

With 9 hunies, it's 5 votes to pop. Figure out who to pop by August 02nd, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
No alignments with the flips?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

same, i feel like i'm not getting something.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

There are no bad hunies so we don't need alignments

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

Anyone who sincerely claims a game doesn't have scum is scum and should be immediately lynched

##vote hal

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
is that a serious vote?

also a serious question, has pera run mafia before?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

is that a serious vote?

Serious enough, wanna see how he reacts

also, pera has run one Mafia game before.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Somberbrero posted:

serious question

pera

run

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

Serious enough, wanna see how he reacts

disdain and dismissal

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
like, what did you expect there bif?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

like, what did you expect there bif?

well my vote can stay there until he gets a better attitude.

let's get to work, we can presume Pod was town at least

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It's really frustrating to not know what Flam really was. If he was scum then it'd be obvious to look at Mithross next for wanting to move the vote off him. But I think Mithross sounds more town, and calling out his intent that explicitly near deadline feels a bit too bold for scum. Especially before we knew the game wasn't gonna have flips.

I still like the case on Jam and might vote him next if nothing else happens soon.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
to be frank i'm a little hesitant to case jammy at all after our last game together.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

to be frank i'm a little hesitant to case jammy at all after our last game together.

Wouldn't you say he was pretty different this game though?

At least it felt that way to me yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wouldn't you say he was pretty different this game though?

At least it felt that way to me yesterday.

that's in the absence of any real pressure though. how would interpret that? do you see it as scummy because he was town that last game, or are you saying he's approaching this game with a different attitude?

• Locked thread