Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

cyxx posted:

Man have I been doing this event wrong? I've been doing only the 30ap quest to get gold medals after gettin the first clear bonuses. I'm still 250 short from getting the last 2 lores and it doesn't seem possible to get another 400 on top of that to get the 2 nightless roses unless I burn some apples.
I feel like the Nightless Roses are a complete lost cause, assume that you will not be able to get the two gold medal ones. The silver medal one should be easy, though. I happened to get a single drop from a 20AP today so that's kind of cool I guess but since it's such a meh CE I'm not too torn up about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

NRVNQSR posted:

It seems likely that the 40AP that's added tomorrow will give more than twice as many gold medals as the 30AP.

Oh that's good to hear. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get the serpent jewel drop to ascend Gil so I can spend the rest of the event getting gold medals.

I wasn't even planning on max limit breaking nightless rose but I got 2 drops randomly so eh why not. Though farming more serpent jewels might be a better use of ap.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

3 rolls on the anniversary banner and no Holmes or even a 4 star servant. Guess that double 5* on the paid gacha stole my luck.

try spending more money

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

cyxx posted:

Man have I been doing this event wrong? I've been doing only the 30ap quest to get gold medals after gettin the first clear bonuses. I'm still 250 short from getting the last 2 lores and it doesn't seem possible to get another 400 on top of that to get the 2 nightless roses unless I burn some apples.

The final round has five battles, with the last one having 7 servants to drop medals, and they only drop gold medals and the craft essence. The final round also lasts for 4 days, so focus more on the 20 ap quest right now, which gives all three levels of medals, to at least get those rewards before you spend the rest of the time in the last quest.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

cyxx posted:

the CE is bad

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Seems pretty decent to me if you put it on Arash and build around it.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Tired Moritz posted:

the CE is bad

Yes we know.

But I already got all the mats I cared about so why not. It's probably a coin flip whether I spend the rest of my ap during the event getting gold medals or stock up on serpent jewels for some hypothetical future servant to ascend. Or I can just ascend medusa.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

cyxx posted:

Or I can just ascend medusa.

It's this.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Marogareh posted:

the guts upgrades from 500 hp to 1000, and the card's stats are +2000 hp if you decided to max it out for whatever reason.

do you think that's really worth the investment? that's an awful lot of feeding it to get the max hp, and the extra 500 hp on the guts likely isn't going to save them from dying the next turn if they get hit again.

i had 3 CEs drop and i turned the 2 extras into MP. i can find better uses for 12 team cost on my teams.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Marogareh posted:

Team DOUBLE TAP: Arash/Jeanne/Waver or some other NP-gain-booster

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

mash is such a boring waifu. god, she's a walking "SENPAI".

lol at the scene of her bouncing on the ball though.
mash owns and is really funny, they just didnt know how to wrote for the first few singularities. she gets hilarious later on

quote:

Ishtar: I mean, there's nothing saying we can't have fun as a group of three, right?

Ereshkigal: Exactly!

Mash: Ishtar, Ereshkigal, Senpai, Me... wait! Wait! Which three? I'm important!

quote:

Scathach: Oh, so do you like women with glasses, Master?

Mash: *Visibly excited*

Gudako: No, not really.

Mash: *Visibly walking towards the ocean while Artoria tries to stop her*

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Marogareh posted:

it's not, arash wants starting np or np damage. even if he gets a guts it's going to take him forever to build up his np, and then forever again to build it up again.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

mash owns and is really funny, they just didnt know how to wrote for the first few singularities. she gets hilarious later on

rip

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ah, used today's summoning ticket and got Nero. A good day :3:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It seems the main scenario writer for Orleans and Septem was the same guy that wrote Apocrypha, to my absolute lack of surprise.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
someone talking poo poo about my kouhai

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
So Reddit noticed this about Holmes.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Vengarr posted:

It seems the main scenario writer for Orleans and Septem was the same guy that wrote Apocrypha, to my absolute lack of surprise.

but orleans was atleast kind of interesting

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Septem was good for Nero alone, because Nero is good.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Schubalts posted:

So Reddit noticed this about Holmes.

I wish the rest of his design looked more like Jeremy Brett.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I rolled Holmes on JP :fyadride:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I thought Nero was pretty bad and I suspect it was partly the translation, because I played Extella a few days ago and she's more tolerable there. Probably helps that she isn't repeating the exact same lines over and over and over again followed by weird mmhmmm then ZOMBIE SOLDIERS every two minutes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Umu don't play around.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
umu

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Tae posted:

I thought Nero was pretty bad and I suspect it was partly the translation, because I played Extella a few days ago and she's more tolerable there. Probably helps that she isn't repeating the exact same lines over and over and over again followed by weird mmhmmm then ZOMBIE SOLDIERS every two minutes.

she shows up a few more times and I think the writing becomes a lot less INTERRUPTING MOOKS by then

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Instead they just make fun of the interrupting mooks while keeping said mooks.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
What the gently caress is umu even supposed to be?

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Gologle posted:

It's supposed to be a verbal tic like "hmm".

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I miss the Director :smith:.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

a kitten posted:

I miss the Director :smith:.

I have faith that she will one day come back to us as a 5-star Director class. Maybe next anniversary

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bholder posted:

Instead they just make fun of the interrupting mooks while keeping said mooks.
Not really, they justify the mooks a lot better and make it so you're actively taking actions against an enemy force instead of bad guys just showing up in the middle of your conversations. I mean there's still a lot of random mook fights but it's handled way more naturally.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Surprised and pleased to see Waver / Lance / Herc being able to take on the Level 50 quest for the event... at level ~40, with usually no losses.

I guess that's the power of Kaleidoscope.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

mash is such a boring waifu. god, she's a walking "SENPAI".

lol at the scene of her bouncing on the ball though.

Mash apparently gets a more developed later on.
And it seems she even manage to rank second place in the poll for female players for their favorite, where the overwhelming vast majority of the characters that made the list were males.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Paid Gacha on JP is almost the worst money I've ever spent on this game as it got me Tesla; but then I also got another copy of Frankenstein, and it was saved.

I don't know if Tesla is good or not but even if he is I doubt he's better than Rin or Kuro.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I also got Holmes, this is crazy.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gologle posted:

It's a haughty affirmative used by superiors. You can translate it to "Indeed" or "Is that so" (acknowledging, not questioning) or even "Verily" if you're feeling saucy.

She pretty much uses it as a comma.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Vengarr posted:

It's a haughty affirmative used by superiors. You can translate it to "Indeed" or "Is that so" (acknowledging, not questioning) or even "Verily" if you're feeling saucy.

She pretty much uses it as a comma.

also an exclamation point, especially in extella

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Nero I take it is somewhat of a shut in and thus finds everything we consider to be mundane to be incredibly fascinating and awe inspiring and quaint.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
No she just has a bunch of hummingbird genes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Regretting not tackling Muscle Language more frequently, this mission is cake.