Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bill Barber posted:

Nope. It's lame.

Especially weak because with the salmon run clothing you *can* choose to override the existing one, but with the store bought stuff you can't? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

How do you join Splatfest battles?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

Haven't started yet

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

Starts on the 5th

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Yeah you'll know it when they become available.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

wuggles posted:

What a level! How the gently caress are you supposed to hit the red block while you're chaining grapples?!

you don't have to finish the grapple chain to land on solid ground

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

I have discovered the horrible joy of spawncamping. It feels so gross but it's great that their team isn't going anywhere, or doing anything.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I love this silly game so loving much and will probably never fully get bored of it. It's too good.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Cicadas! posted:

I have discovered the horrible joy of spawncamping. It feels so gross but it's great that their team isn't going anywhere, or doing anything.

good

Anybody know what's the special gimmick of the Flingza Roller?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LethalGeek posted:

I love this silly game so loving much and will probably never fully get bored of it. It's too good.

Agreed man. It's so much fun. I'm almost a higher level than I ever was in Splatoon 1 (although this is because of the level cap being 20 for a real long time) and I'm managing to get friends together every night and it's so good.

Also found out my schedule for a convention the magazine I work for is covering next weekend isn't anywhere near as hectic as I expected, so I will have a good amount of time for Splatfest.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Hey do duplicate buffs chain on clothing? for example I have like 3 buffs against touching opponents ink, but I don't think it's resisting as much as I think it should...

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

LethalGeek posted:

Booyah!

Rainmaker for President. I love seeing the schedule on Splatnet so I can plan around the ones I want. That's not sad at all coming from a 28 year-old child...

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

LethalGeek posted:

This is going to be my Overwatch/Rocket League/Dota 2/that one game you go back to between other video games

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Cicadas! posted:

If you can keep the enemy team from doing anything meaningful, that's a good thing. Just don't do it if it's not gonna help your team's current situation.

LethalGeek posted:

Same.

incoherent posted:

Hey do duplicate buffs chain on clothing? for example I have like 3 buffs against touching opponents ink, but I don't think it's resisting as much as I think it should...

Sub-abilities are only 3/10th as effective as a main ability. Not only that, there are diminishing returns on how much an ability gives you.

Here's an example of how Ink Resistance works in Splatoon 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyLDxIuhhJg

Having 1 is a pretty big difference, but more Ink Resistance Up abilities don't give as much.

Oh and in Splatoon 1, it also reduced the amount of damage you took from walking in enemy Ink (Yes walking through it does damage you, but can't kill you. So you really want to avoid walking in it.) No idea if it does that here as well.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I love how quick and decisive ranked is.

Instead of being caught in a 30 minute meringue with a bad team being steamrolled ala Overwatch, if you and you're team can't deal with the enemy for whatever reason; it's apparent right away and in some cases, the game will end in under a minute. If not, the game will last 4 minutes before a victor is declared, poof; gone - new team go again. Not losing points for having a leaver is just icing on the cake. Common sense icing that other developers have astonishingly not bought from the bakery supply store... It's just a shame the game is still peer 2 peer.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 31, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Yeah, it's not like in DOTA 2 where a loss can become very apparent at the start of the match in some cases, and you have to suffer an incredibly long time. (I mean, sure you can turn it around in some cases, but it's still a lot of suffering you have to go through first.)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Vince MechMahon posted:

When the splatfest is on, you won't be able to NOT join the splatfest.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

holy poo poo clash blaster is awful

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
This Salmon run is not fun for me, if I get the Crayola Blaster or the Sniper rifle I am useless to my team.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

It's fitting that it's covered in crayons because it feels like I'm firing a kindergarten safety gun.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think the .52 Gal is my favorite gun

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Cicadas! posted:

holy poo poo clash blaster is awful

Lakbay posted:

I was just pumped when they announced it in the Direct: "here's a grenade launcher with a crayon payload!"

Incidentally it's also the blaster in tonight's SR rotation so maybe it's good there :v:

Nevermind :( I was trying to use it in ranked and turf war and it was god awful there too

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'm still loving my shirt with Ninja Squid as between that and my Aerospray I can destroy pubbies who can't think through where I might be hiding when they see me vanish :)

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I'm at A and A- for tower control and splatzones but can't break B- for loving rainmaker because no one knows how to run the drat rainmaker

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Is the aerospray supposed to be the best gun in the game or is it just clicking for me? I'm consistently the highest points in turf war and my team wins much more often than not while using it.

On the flip side, I completely suck at ranked. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm on the losing team more often than not.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mastajake posted:

Is the aerospray supposed to be the best gun in the game or is it just clicking for me? I'm consistently the highest points in turf war and my team wins much more often than not while using it.
it's really good at inking turf

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

mastajake posted:

On the flip side, I completely suck at ranked. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm on the losing team more often than not.

Don't take the Aerospray into Ranked, use the N-Zapper

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I'm not bad at all actually I just watched a Charger not be able to shoot a loving steelhead. I at least do that no problem when given that gun.

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 31, 2017

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Thanks guys.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
My favorite is the unnecessarily long TV show dialogue that I need to skip through that could be summarized in a 1 page splash screen

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

JackDarko posted:

I'm not bad at all actually I just watched a Charger not be able to shoot a loving steelhead. I at least do that no problem when giving that gun.

I finally got given the charger on a griller round.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

causticBeet posted:

My favorite is the unnecessarily long TV show dialogue that I need to skip through that could be summarized in a 1 page splash screen
It happens once every 2 hours and ONLY if you're just starting up the game or coming in from single player you huge loving baby. I've seen it like 6 times in 50 hours of gameplay.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me

Bill Barber posted:

It happens once every 2 hours and ONLY if you're just starting up the game or coming in from single player you huge loving baby. I've seen it like 6 times in 50 hours of gameplay.

Lol!

Who gave you that red text.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

it's long and could be summarized easily

but also it adds to the "world" so ymmv

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish they had more jokes or something, I tend to play sporadically (my girl and I trade off a lot) and seeing new content every other time, would be cool.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Bill Barber posted:

If you are switching profiles on the switch because you share it with others, you see it a lot. Its not a huge deal but I find it weird that they let you skip Sheldon's one-time speeches that can actually be useful but not this.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Better than Splatoon 1 where it happened every map rotation.
The show gets me in the mood when I boot up so i can't say that I wish it was gone.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Oh man I can already tell this Salmon Run is gonna destroy my rank because I'm playing on a tiny screen with the splatterscope.

But I need money :saddowns:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

skipping sheldon's speech doesn't even skip it and is actually slower than if you button mashed through it, it just plays it in auto. Unless I'm missing something else here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I realize I'm a filthy animal for taking a picture of my tv screen but until transferring screenshots off the Switch doesn't involve social media, this is how I'm rolling.

This is the absolute closest Turf War I've ever seen: