Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's a bullet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
From

And you better not say gun or so help me

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Calaveron posted:

From

And you better not say gun or so help me

Connect the dots. Bullet. Spider-Man. Origin.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

Connect the dots. Bullet. Spider-Man. Origin.

I don't understand how it's a trophy

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Calaveron posted:

I don't understand how it's a trophy

Peter talks about the trophy he won for wrestling, and the "three kinds of metal" thing is a fact he drops to compare it to the gun that killed his uncle. The symbol of his winning is compared to the object that killed his uncle, fired by the man he let go in order to make that achievement.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I guess

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

so all of the Origins shorts for Marvel's Spider-man got leaked or something.

The first five are pretty light hearted, Peter discovering his powers, deciding to wrestle (the wrestler is Bonesaw, like in the Raimi movies), and then the sixth one...

Peter talks about the trophy he won, points out it's made of "three different kinds of metal"

"You know what else is made of three different types of metal?"

so uh, this show'll probably be a bit more grown up than Ultimate Spider-man

They weren't leaked, they all showed up On Demand. Everyone else just has to wait until the end of the week on YouTube to see them all. I think the second one should be up today?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ah.

well then.

anyway the episodes also have a cool rear end Scarlet Spider redesign cameo that needs to exist in the comics right loving now:

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

ah.

well then.

anyway the episodes also have a cool rear end Scarlet Spider redesign cameo that needs to exist in the comics right loving now:

Hope that shows up in the PS4 game.

Hell, I hope they didn't think that the first short that they uploaded a month ago was good enough and didn't skip today..

This whole "on demand" thing sucks.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

TFRazorsaw posted:

ah.

well then.

gently caress yeah. I love hoodie Scarlet Spider and am still mad people rag on that costume but love Spider Gwen

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Probably needs to lose the fanny-pack though

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
No.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the fanny pack is the best part.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I think I like the costume, but I really don't like the art. Why is he standing like that?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

... he's posing in the mirror

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

TwoPair posted:

Probably needs to lose the fanny-pack though

Where else would he keep his extra web fluid? When he loses the fanny pack, he's going to start having problems.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I watched these on demand, it was pretty good! Nothing goofy or dumb like the Ultimate Spider-Man show and the Uncle Ben part while short was actually pretty heavy for a kids show. Peter was actually a frightening when he confronted the burglar (“All I want to hear are your screams!”) They usually skip out on that part of the origin in the animated stuff and just kind of allude to it but they didn’t here. I like the focus on science even if it’s simple stuff for kids. Telling the origin by way of framing it as Peter working the Scientific Method on himself as he discovers the limits of his powers was a cool way to do it and fit well.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

SonicRulez posted:

I think I like the costume, but I really don't like the art. Why is he standing like that?

Needs to show off the fanny pack.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
If the fanny pack's emotions could mirror Peter's emotions like Wade's intertube that would be great, thanks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

X-O posted:

I watched these on demand, it was pretty good! Nothing goofy or dumb like the Ultimate Spider-Man show and the Uncle Ben part while short was actually pretty heavy for a kids show. Peter was actually a frightening when he confronted the burglar (“All I want to hear are your screams!”) They usually skip out on that part of the origin in the animated stuff and just kind of allude to it but they didn’t here. I like the focus on science even if it’s simple stuff for kids. Telling the origin by way of framing it as Peter working the Scientific Method on himself as he discovers the limits of his powers was a cool way to do it and fit well.

Just saw it and I agree. Also, I adore the art style of the show and how good it transitioned to more stylized segments. The wrestling show had some really good bits for its own in-universe promo, and the dark and red backgrounds for Peter confronting Ben's killer were great. I also accidentally muted my screen before the final video, so I thought everything, including the intro, had been silenced for the sake of tension lol.

The art style is definitely embraced by some producer liking how 'cheap' it is to make, but it's honestly pretty gorgeous. Low detail style is pretty good, specially when it allows for such a fluid Spider-DDT.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 28, 2017

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

RIP to the true Bonesaw

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I like Spidey's loafers.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Fun fact about this:

- Peter enters this competition as "The Spider" and fights Bonesaw
- Bonesaw was played by Randy Savage in the first Raimi movie
- "The Spider" was one of Randy's earliest in-ring aliases

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The first four parts are on Youtube now, for those that don't have access to on-demand stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChDGYRBR8GI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TTaT2QAf6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T9LITHxeiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr72b39hmU4

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That is not a DDT.

I watched one of the clips and I thought it was alright. I'm still not a big fan of the art style, but everything else is good, so I'm willing to overlook it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

That is not a DDT.

I watched one of the clips and I thought it was alright. I'm still not a big fan of the art style, but everything else is good, so I'm willing to overlook it.

Aw shoot. What's it called when you use a leg lock, then? Then again I doubt there's many moves where you start with a leg headlock from the back and then hold on to the shoulder while moving your hips so you can do the leg headlock on their front.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SonicRulez posted:

That is not a DDT.

I wasn't a fan of Spectacular's style at first but that show turned out great.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Aw shoot. What's it called when you use a leg lock, then? Then again I doubt there's many moves where you start with a leg headlock from the back and then hold on to the shoulder while moving your hips so you can do the leg headlock on their front.

Headscissors takedown, or frequently but inaccurately a hurricanrana.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aphrodite posted:

Headscissors

Dang, wrestling is way more gruesome than I remember.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I can't get over the clip art beard on the tour leader from the first short.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

DDTs are more characterized by the head-first headlock impact than anything else. Only a few DDT variants involve any spinning around or jumping, notably the Tornado DDT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf3TB45A3K8

AMA about DDTs.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The most unrealistic thing about Spider-Man is that he operates in a world where professional wrestling is a competitive sport and not performance art.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lobok posted:

Dang, wrestling is way more gruesome than I remember.

Something that Daniel Beniot found out too late

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

The most unrealistic thing about Spider-Man is that he operates in a world where professional wrestling is a competitive sport and not performance art.

That's a fine world to aspire to.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bobkatt013 posted:

Wow. Edgy child murder humor you got there buddy. How about don't ever post anything like that again?

Unmature
May 9, 2008

X-O posted:

Wow. Edgy child murder humor you got there buddy. How about don't ever post anything like that again?

EDIT: Alright, alright

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

https://youtu.be/qIsklYi7loc

I see people referring to the Spider-man shorts as being "on-demand"; what site or app are they on-demand from?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

ZDar Fan posted:

https://youtu.be/qIsklYi7loc

I see people referring to the Spider-man shorts as being "on-demand"; what site or app are they on-demand from?

All six shorts are already out on YouTube (plus a new trailer, I think), but Disney uploaded them a week early on their website for DisneyXD (http://disneyxd.disney.com/) and on the app for DisneyXD.

You need to have a digital cable or satellite package that includes Disney XD to unlock the streaming of full episodes that aren't on TV yet.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I linked the first four above, here's the last two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvsB15dJnuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGcFKHZpT9o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/TheJohnDiMaggio/status/892163022642331648
Its amazing how as I've gotten older that I've learned the impact that Romano had on basically every kids cartoon I watched