Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Pretty sure you're that doggo's hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Rescued a senior once. She was the sweetest dog of all time. Still crushed my time with her was so short. Makes me want to home another down on it's luck pup. I have two purebreds right now that I forked a ton of money over for, and I love them and everything but idk if it's the right thing to do with all the dogs that need homes out there.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

milk milk lemonade posted:

Rescued a senior once. She was the sweetest dog of all time. Still crushed my time with her was so short. Makes me want to home another down on it's luck pup. I have two purebreds right now that I forked a ton of money over for, and I love them and everything but idk if it's the right thing to do with all the dogs that need homes out there.

I know that feeling. I feel too strongly to pay for a breeder myself, but I don't feel right shaming others for doing so.

We actually looked at a lot of seniors as well but we decided we couldn't deal with losing a dog so soon after getting them. Malachi is only 4 or 5 (vet is unsure, we're deciding today is his 5th birthday so that we have a day to celebrate in the future because we're the kind of weirdos who celebrate dog birthdays) so we figured once he kicks his heartworm he'll be healthy and able to live with us for many more wonderful years.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Making some good progress here on the swimming, today especially. Been very very slow in acclimating him to the water. I know dogs get bad PTSD for life so I didn't want to throw him in there outright. I want him to be a water dog for life!

At first he was just skittish all around. Then he'd dip his paws in, now he'll pretty much go as far as he can walk with his head above water and dip his body to cool off it's adorable. He's always been a good swimmer, of course.

I actually saw a Boxer that just couldn't swim. It would flop in one spot and slowly sink like that kid in boot camp who failed the swim qual all 6 weeks. I couldn't believe it, I thought all dogs could

Open to any and all advice!

Content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kHJAinxkzE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOfOr5HVWFU

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
Post a picture of Malachi in a couple of weeks (and every day in between). I love seeing before and after shots of rescued dogs.

The day we brought Ada home

And a few weeks later, with bonus picture of my brothers dog as a growing puppy (look at his stubby little legs!)

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

screaden posted:

Post a picture of Malachi in a couple of weeks (and every day in between). I love seeing before and after shots of rescued dogs.

The day we brought Ada home

And a few weeks later, with bonus picture of my brothers dog as a growing puppy (look at his stubby little legs!)

I'll be sure to keep the updates coming! I might also share a few pics of my sister's new 12 week old puppy if I remember. We're both excited for them to have a playdate together, but that can't happen until Malachi is all healthy. I definitely don't want to get a puppy sick.

Ada looks like a sweetheart. Please give her a pet from me!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Xinder posted:

New rescue dog got sleepy on his way home:

I love him already

Oh man what a great dog. He reminds me of our old Australian Shepard/Black Lab mix my family had when I was a kid.

I still miss that dog.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Oh man what a great dog. He reminds me of our old Australian Shepard/Black Lab mix my family had when I was a kid.

I still miss that dog.

I feel like he's waaaay too calm to be part aussie. Not sure if he's a mix of anything else, but he certainly acts like a full lab.

But it is kinda funny you mention that right after I posted about my sister's puppy, because that little guy is an aussie.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I had rescued a senior (Shelter had guessed her at 8 years) Shelty Chow mix. Sweetest dog that got along with out 7 year old shepherd mix.

I miss both of those mutts.

:smith:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.facebook.com/viralsarcasmm/videos/10155684004742764/

Sorry for the Fb video but I still laughed

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.buzzfeed.com/ishabassi/...3DmK#.fiE6MZm6O

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

ITS MORNING WALK TIME MOTHERFUCKER GET YOUR rear end UP

IM NOT FUCKIN AROUND, WALK ME

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 1, 2017

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
56K Warning, it's bath time!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

:cry::cry::cry:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

WHAT HAPPENED

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
He cut the bottom of his foot on something on our walk. I wrapped a bandage around it and taped it and then put the sock over it like you see.

I also gave him a Benadryl. Hopefully he will sleep for a few hours because walking on it was just making it bleed more. I'm gonna check it in a couple of hours.

I didn't notice until we got back and I was standing at the back door eating a banana and he was looking at me like "you're gonna share right??" and I noticed blood spots on the kitchen floor. He never gave me any type of indication. You can see a couple of the blood spots on the floor in the pic.

We went a little farther and took a different route than usual today so it's my fault. I feel so bad :(

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Aug 1, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

TBeats posted:

He cut the bottom of his foot on something on our walk. I wrapped a bandage around it and taped it and then put the sock over it like you see.

I also gave him a Benadryl. Hopefully he will sleep for a few hours because walking on it was just making it bleed more. I'm gonna check it in a couple of hours.

I didn't notice until we got back and I was standing at the back door eating a banana and he was looking at me like "you're gonna share right??" and I noticed blood spots on the kitchen floor. He never gave me any type of indication. You can see a couple of the blood spots on the floor.

We went a little farther and took a different route than usual today so it's my fault. I feel so bad :(

He more likely hates the sock treatment more than the cut.

Don't feel too bad, it's not like you decided to take him to the broken glass emporium.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Styptic powder. Usually sold to clot the quick when you get a little overzealous with the nail clippers. Works alright for cuts.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Styptic powder. Usually sold to clot the quick when you get a little overzealous with the nail clippers. Works alright for cuts.

I'm gonna check on it at 10 and if the bleeding hasn't stopped I'll do this (but I'll probably get some of that stuff anyway just in case for the future).

Have some research material to brighten the mood:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
If you're going to the pet store, just get their version of liquid stitch.

Frank split a claw last fall/winter and he was so pissy about me wrapping his foot, I just wound up wrapping the individual toe before giving up and going to the powder.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Purely anecdotal but it seems to be the standard in Europe.
Not in scandinavia. Only lovely owners with small dogs in most cases.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Update: He seems fine now. I wonder if the pads on a dog's feet are just crazy vascular? He was leaking pretty bad. Gonna skip our evening walk and maybe our walks tomorrow too.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

TBeats posted:

Update: He seems fine now. I wonder if the pads on a dog's feet are just crazy vascular? He was leaking pretty bad. Gonna skip our evening walk and maybe our walks tomorrow too.

He's totally fine. If he ends up favoring his other feet, take him to the vet for possible infection or a splinter still stuck in there.

Otherwise, yes, dog feet are vascular, as are yours.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Took a nap. All better.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
New York dudes:

Puppies 'n' Pints at Coney Island Brewery

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK it's sold out.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Mila when she hears the treat bag.

Also my sister professional painting.

And lastly, the first photo I took of her with a decent camera.

She's so big now :3:

Adnor fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 2, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Guau!!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

butros posted:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK it's sold out.

Just go to Mission Dolores during the day on a weekend. Drink beer outside and play with other people's dogs, plus optional pinball breaks.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank turns 4 today.

Gonna have to get him a nice bag of chews and treats at work.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Frank turns 4 today.

Gonna have to get him a nice bag of chews and treats at work.

Happy birthday Frank!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Happy birthday, Frank! :buddy:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stick time for birthday boy!

He got a couple of bags of treats and a Furminator, because using the hook takes annoyingly long. I shed part of his rear end before he walked away and then moved onto the cats.

So. Much. Hair.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://m.imgur.com/w9smBPq?r

I got it I got it

It would be a black lab too 🙄

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

TBeats posted:

Yeah their feet will bleed a lot. My girl used to cut her feet on rocks before she adapted to the desert. I would just spray on some horse antibiotics and wrap with vet wrap. I would recommend keeping vet wrap on hand just for how useful it is to bandage odd areas on pets.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Flop

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder if dogs get their laziness from us. You know, nature versus nurture.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Jehde posted:

I wonder if dogs get their laziness from us. You know, nature versus nurture.

In this case, I think he's just exhausted. I gave him a two mile long walk a few hours ago and it's almost bedtime.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Definitely reflective of their owners. The grumpiest dogs belong to old grumps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogcow
Jun 21, 2005

That is a pro rear end flop from a pro rear end dogge.