Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I'm pretty sure the only thing Gil ever felt towards Tokiomi is thinly-veiled contempt and disgust. And he drops it quickly. The 'veiled' part, that is.
thats what all the hottest loving is based off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Endorph posted:

the adaptations favor them because they are lame, the games themsevles seem to pretty heavily favor the female protag (see: f/go defaulting to female)

FGO the game does not favor either protagonist though?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Don't forget Byn. The actual Bi.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

In Mahoyo there are sexual undertones
between Touko and basically everyone she has a scene with. Except Aoko.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Pureauthor posted:

I'm pretty sure the only thing Gil ever felt towards Tokiomi is thinly-veiled contempt and disgust. And he drops it quickly. The 'veiled' part, that is.

He was upset over a few things but overall just found him exceedingly boring, which is why he hung out with Kotomine.

Until the latter told him the truth about the Grail, that is.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Endorph posted:

the adaptations favor them because they are lame, the games themsevles seem to pretty heavily favor the female protag (see: f/go defaulting to female)

I'm not denying that they're lame I'm saying it seems TM seems to focus on the straight dudes still.

I play ladies in every game I can but I don't remember if Gudako is really the option you start with, that's neat if true

As for gay/bi dudes that is by far the least frequent feature yeah. They're THERE, but compared to the women falling all over each other it's pretty rare.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Endorph posted:

also she could have sucked on kohaku's neck is what i meant. she literally chomps on kohaku's boobs. there are places on a woman's body that have blood besides the boobs.

I don't understand

Space Flower posted:

maybe gender identity is what started it all... makes u think

Even if I wonder how much of that he was thinking at the time and how much is him reflecting after 10 years, it's still interesting.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Namtab posted:

I don't understand
You don't understand the Worst Writing and Most Heinous Misogyny?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Gil/Tokiomi, Gil/Kirei, Kirei/Kiritsugu, Kayneth/Diarmuid, Kariya/Tokiomi, the possibilities are endless.

gil would never gently caress anyone in f/z besides kirei and saber

maybe he'd gently caress kiritisugu

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Stairmaster posted:

Might be down with Islander and Waver. He actually respects them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kyte posted:

FGO the game does not favor either protagonist though?
maybe its just the na version for whatever reason but everyone ive talked to about it (and i noticed it myself when making an account) pointed out that f/go started with gudako selected and you had to move it over to gudao if you wanted him

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

I could see Gil being the uke with Shirou being the seme. It has that sort of "reversal of roles" appeal to it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Might be down with Islander and Waver. He actually respects them.

they're just friends

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.

Endorph posted:

kotomine and gilgamesh totally spent half that show getting drunk and loving

edit: also the entire timespan between f/z and f/sn, they spent that time getting drunk and loving

god I hope not, because Gil used his youth potion to turn into Ko-Gil between f/z and f/sn, because he said wouldn't be able to stand the world otherwise.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Endorph posted:

maybe its just the na version for whatever reason but everyone ive talked to about it (and i noticed it myself when making an account) pointed out that f/go started with gudako selected and you had to move it over to gudao if you wanted him

I vaguely seem to recall my install started with Gudao, but not entirely sure. It could just be the localization team changing the default because Gudako is more popular, which is in turn boosted by Riyo Gudako memes.

Either way that's way too minor a point to really matter. Even the part 1.5 trailers have been 1 Gudako 1 Gudao.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Kyte posted:

Either way that's way too minor a point to really matter. Even the part 1.5 trailers have been 1 Gudako 1 Gudao.

But Gudako's trailer was her in a suit, so that's gotta count for way more than whatever outfit Gudao was wearing in the Agartha trailer.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is Extella heavy on plot like every other piece of Type Moon medias? I hear it's a fairly average Musou game but if it can compensate with a bunch of story and poo poo I'd considering it.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Pierson posted:

Is Extella heavy on plot like every other piece of Type Moon medias? I hear it's a fairly average Musou game but if it can compensate with a bunch of story and poo poo I'd considering it.

It's moderately heavy on technobabble and very heavy on your Servants telling you how much they want to have sex with you, if you count those as plot.

Seriously, though, the overall plot doesn't amount to that much but if you liked Nero and Tamamo from Fate/Extra then you get to interact with them some more.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Eeeeeeeeh I think I've had enough of those two.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
OMG These Nendos based on Riyo illustrations are such Good Civilization. I might...have to start buying Nendos again.

https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/891084356789448705
https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/891084104573173760
https://twitter.com/gsc_kahotan/status/891084106385248256

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You already missed the first set!

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/6311/Learning+with+Manga+Fate+Grand+Order+Collectible+Figures.html

And the second two pictures, be aware the riyo faceplates and nendoroids are sold separately. Wallet pains

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Couldn't wait for the Heaven's Feel OVA, so I started on the F/SN VNs last night. Send help.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Movie Trilogy, actually

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Bloody Pom posted:

Couldn't wait for the Heaven's Feel OVA, so I started on the F/SN VNs last night. Send help.

You're probably doing it anyway, but be sure to be using the 2012 PC version for all those cool things like animation effects and extra scenes.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Well poo poo, I haven't been paying attention. Makes sense, isn't HF the longest route, or at least the most plot-heavy?

Conspiratiorist posted:

You're probably doing it anyway, but be sure to be using the 2012 PC version for all those cool things like animation effects and extra scenes.

I'm using Realta Nua with the English patch that adds all the fancy stuff from the Vita version.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

e: double post

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

Bloody Pom posted:

Well poo poo, I haven't been paying attention. Makes sense, isn't HF the longest route, or at least the most plot-heavy?

It's as many films as it'd take to adapt any of the routes, really - consider how UBW was close to 30 episodes runtime. Even if you skimmed the prologue and trimmed the exposition and slice-of-life parts, you'd want 300+ mins to do the route any justice.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Kitchen's Feel is gonna be cut to shreds, lol

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Came up in Discord, but is it the Summoning of a Servant in their Homeland that results in a power boost, or just merely having the HWG happening in their homeland that matters for the powerboost or both?

Reading the Wiki it seems like if Bazett had summoned Cu in Ireland he'd have a Chariot and a castle.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

e: I'll link the wiki, it's easier than explaining.

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Servant#Cultural_Sphere

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jul 31, 2017

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Reading it I think it supports "Why not both"; summoning someone in their Land of origin gives them extra stuff; stuff they can bring anywhere, but there may be various blessings and boosts that only affect them when in that land.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
One of my favourite random Apocrypha tidbits is that the Greek knockoff Holy Grail War never got off the ground because all the participating magi murdered each other in their effort to be the one to summon Heracles.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Raenir Salazar posted:

Reading it I think it supports "Why not both"; summoning someone in their Land of origin gives them extra stuff; stuff they can bring anywhere, but there may be various blessings and boosts that only affect them when in that land.

I haven't read the wiki but going from the Fate/Zero if all you had to do was do the ritual in the homeland, then why wasn't saber summoned as close as possible to where camelot would have been?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

One of my favourite random Apocrypha tidbits is that the Greek knockoff Holy Grail War never got off the ground because all the participating magi murdered each other in their effort to be the one to summon Heracles.

Even better, after several attempts to have HGWs in Greece ended the same way due to this reason, an agreement was reached to just have him banned from being summoned in wars there... prompting every candidate to try and summon Achilles in the next attempted one.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

That's funny because Diomedes would beat them both.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I would've summoned Perseus. Dude was the only guy in Greek mythology that the universe didn't go out of its way to poo poo Bad Ends all over.

Alternatively, Odysseus. Guy had a lovely time trying to get home after the Trojan War, but he did eventually make it home and reclaim his wife and kingdom.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

id summon hector but apparently he's only a 3*

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Kinda disappointed that neither Ragnar Lothbrok nor any of his sons have shown up as Servants yet. Ragnar himself is a perfect fit since nobody is sure whether he actually existed or not.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jul 31, 2017

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Actually, now that I think about it, would Perseus even respond to a summons for the HGW? Since the dude got his happily ever after, is there even anything he'd want to wish for? Or would he just be like, "Nah thanks fam, I'm cool just chillin' out here in the Throne of Heroes"?

Also, a friend of mine said he would've gone for Jason, since presumably his Noble Phantasm would be the Fate equivalent of Knights of the Round - just summon all the Argonauts to show up and beat the poo poo out of whoever you're fighting. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Actually, now that I think about it, would Perseus even respond to a summons for the HGW? Since the dude got his happily ever after, is there even anything he'd want to wish for? Or would he just be like, "Nah thanks fam, I'm cool just chillin' out here in the Throne of Heroes"?

Well, there are many Servants who have no particular desire for the Grail. I guess if the summoner / catalyst were strong enough, you could summon near any Servant, regardless if they have any particular plans for the Grail, should they acquire it.