Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Just saw a Jerkcity squidpost.

God bless you, whoever you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cicadas! posted:

No, I'm talking about the round ends and in the results screen your side is less than half painted. That's what I mean when I say ink spawn.

You don't have to do it right away, but for godsake please do it before the round ends.

Yes and the person you're talking to understands that.

And is adding the good advise that you should not ink spawn initially, but do it on your first respawn. They are correct. There's no need to correct them. They understood you fine.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i tried the split joycons once because someone pitched it to me as "the gyro is only in the right joycon so it's just like using a mouse!" and i absolutely hated it

didn't feel natural

i'll stick with my joycon grip thank you very much

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Has anyone gone from the pro controller to the grip and preferred it?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
The crayon gun is the worst gun in the entire universe. It takes 2 shots to kill a regular size salmon dude. How is that even possible??

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I guess my big ol hands aren't made for tiny babby Joycons.

e: above
At least it can deflect the umbrella missiles unlike the other blaster :v:

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Yes and the person you're talking to understands that.

And is adding the good advise that you should not ink spawn initially, but do it on your first respawn. They are correct. There's no need to correct them. They understood you fine.

It was a general use of the word "you" and I assumed that the person I was replying to implicitly understood that, especially considering he was sharing an anecdotal example of end-of-round ink coverage as an act of commiseration implicating that we were on the same page of the subject,

but

thanks for jumping in to defend him, I'm sure he appreciates it.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The only issue I have with this Salmon Run weapon rotation is that this Charger has a scope, making it hard to tell if you're about to be overwhelmed. I'm fine with it otherwise.

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008
I like this rotation of weapons, but boy oh boy do people not perform well with it. I tried to claw out of the hole I dug for myself playing with my lower ranked friend, but I think I'm just going to wait for th next rotation. It seems pretty strong.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintenDaan/status/890962969567399939
You get Splatoon stickers with the Splatoon coloured Joy-Cons that were released in Europe a couple of days back.

Dammit, I need money.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Charger has a scope

Goddamit, why did I sit today out?

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
I feel that this is actually the worst set of Salmon run weapons.
Low range, high ink usage - damage be damned it's terrible.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
After two disconnects, a bad griller round, and a match where I was alone (eugh), I was demoted to overachiever. I've since worked back up to profressional, but c'mon

The first bosses to spawn were flyfish and umbrella guy. There was too much trash to save ink for the flyfish, and I couldn't hit the torpedoes with the bucket

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Eh, they're not bad. Managed to pull off a 3-man on Profreshional earlier so they're not totally awful. I think the blaster is actually quite good at crowd control because of its piercing, aoe, and ok fire rate.

Also pro tip, on the Spawning Grounds salmon map you can hide in high walls during the goldfly event to get em to swarm underneath you while you're "it." Your team mates will annihilate them.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I don't remember if this color combo was in Splatoon 1, but it's become my favorite in Splatoon 2 by far.

I've also fallen in love with the default Dualies and the Tentatek Launcher for Ranked, though I need to get better at using the Splat Balloons instead of just ignoring them. I just unlocked the Dualie Squelchers and I'm looking forward to giving them a try with the Point Sensor sub, but the quick test I did makes me think I might not like them as much.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I wish more maps had grind rails and jump pads, like the single player levels do! they're really fun.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Speaking of color combos, is the next splatfest really going to be beige and red?

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Peach and Crimson, surely.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Mothership waves are completely trivial with the Charger. Just snipe all the crates flying down and you'll be swarmed with eggs.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/891946780765470726

New stage exclusive to Splatfest: The Twilight Zone.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Speaking of color combos, is the next splatfest really going to be beige and red?

You see the colours of the backgrounds, right? It's yellow vs red.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Wait a minute, this stage looks like it's in Octovalley!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Very curious about Marina's symbol there.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
The Mystery Zone also apparently has a different layout in every Splatfest.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Rexroom posted:

Why aren't there giant floating jars of tasteless sauces?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Onean posted:

I don't remember if this color combo was in Splatoon 1, but it's become my favorite in Splatoon 2 by far.

It makes me think of cake / cupcake frosting for some reason

Rexroom posted:

Should have been ketchup and relish if these were the colors

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Is Tenacity any good? Thinking of trading my MTB helmet for the one with ink resist in the splatnet2 shop

edit: sounds not so good for how I play after reading a few posts on other sites

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jul 31, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Lakbay posted:

Is Tenacity any good? Thinking of trading my MTB helmet for the one with ink resist in the splatnet2 shop

edit: sounds not so good for how I play after reading a few posts on other sites

In Splatoon 1 at least it was a great ability to use, especially with specials that could change the tide of play. This time around it still has its uses, but you have to think if it fits well with your special. Take also into consideration if you're the kind of squid who gets to use their specials often.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What is MTB?

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Motorbike.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Looks like a BMX helmet I like it because it has garish colors:

Taste the Rainbow

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Here I thought I'd go to the mat for any weapon in Salmon Run but holy christ the Clash Blaster just loving suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

It has literally zero redeeming features or niches.

I guess it's okay for dealing with smallfry.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Decided to throw money at gamestop and bought a Switch. Been playing Splatoon 2 for the last two days and i'm loving the poo poo out of it. I decided to train myself to use motion controls from the start and I think it's finally starting to click. Inkbrush is fun but i'm a fan of the the aerospray since i'm the only one who ever seems to want to keep our spawn inked.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Fedule posted:

Clash Blaster just loving suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

This assessment is accurate.
It's not even ink efficient.

Oxygen Deficiency, the Aerospray is a great weapon but don't get hooked on it. Don't turn in to one of THEM.

The Gorp fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jul 31, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Fedule posted:

Here I thought I'd go to the mat for any weapon in Salmon Run but holy christ the Clash Blaster just loving suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

I just hit level 30 yesterday and I bought it and if you thought it was bad in SR it's even worst in the competitive modes

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I try to change up my weapons whenever I can. I'm still only level 8 but I wasn't planning to bring the aerospray into ranked and was thinking of something simpler like a shooter until I get used to it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled with this weapon set. Had two games in a row where our team wiped in the first round because it was high tide and at night. Holy poo poo, if you have the glowflies and the splatterscope you can do nothing but run

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

bizarre deformity posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled with this weapon set. Had two games in a row where our team wiped in the first round because it was high tide and at night. Holy poo poo, if you have the glowflies and the splatterscope you can do nothing but run

If it's mid tide, splat a wall near a grate and stay there for the entire round. The Salmonids will just gather under you, leaving them easy pickings for the rest of your team. :getin:

You're kinda screwed with high tide, yeah.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Fedule posted:

Yup, best you can do with it is keep the trigger pulled down and keep it on auto. It'll deal decent damage to bosses. It's terrible for inking turf or if you need to get away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Cicadas! posted:

Just saw a Jerkcity squidpost.

God bless you, whoever you are.

I almost did a spit take, no joke.