Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

acksplode posted:

I'm getting on a 10 hour fight tomorrow, and folks, I'm extremely relieved to be an owner of a Switch by Nintendo that I have loaded with a digital library chock full of amazing content. It's a great console, a great time to be alive, and a great time to be a gamer.

Agreed and next month brings us Mario XCOM and what will probably be the first great Sonic game in 20 years.:dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

enojy posted:

Whoa, woke my Switch from sleep with the Pro controller resting on my coffee table for the first time. This is a Must Do in line with licking a cartridge.

How? I've never been able to wake up my switch with the pro controller!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

wuggles posted:

How? I've never been able to wake up my switch with the pro controller!

You just hit the home button.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

techknight posted:

I panicked and bought Qbics Paint off the eShop because I saw the screenshots and thought is was a Picross 3D type game.

Don't make the same mistake as me. :(

What even is it? I saw it and thought the same as you, Picross 3D clone. But it looks like you just carve voxel things out of a big cube and then paint them? This is why digital returns need to be a thing. You can't just sell someone something and then say "lol suck poo poo" when it turns out to be really bad.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

You just hit the home button.

It's finicky for me though. I usually have to hold it for a couple seconds, and sometimes it stops trying so I have to repeat that once or twice.

Still beats getting up from the couch though.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

acksplode posted:

I'm getting on a 10 hour fight tomorrow, and folks, I'm extremely relieved to be an owner of a Switch by Nintendo that I have loaded with a digital library chock full of amazing content. It's a great console, a great time to be alive, and a great time to be a gamer.

Hope you're also an owner of an Anker Powercore, in which case yup, great time to be alive.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

You gotta hold the home button for a few seconds until the controller buzzes.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I find I need line-of-sight for it to work. If I pick the controller up off of my desk and don't turn toward the dock, it doesn't really work.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Coldforge posted:

Hope you're also an owner of an Anker Powercore, in which case yup, great time to be alive.

I got power outlets my dude. But yeah also bringing my Anker battery, you think I'm gonna game unprepared? Please.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

next month brings us Mario XCOM

woah, what? I came here to post my need for Fire Emblem on my Switch and that sounds nice too

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

juche avocado posted:

woah, what? I came here to post my need for Fire Emblem on my Switch and that sounds nice too

I'm talking about Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle specifically. It really does look like a lighter XCOM.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm talking about Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle specifically. It really does look like a lighter XCOM.

'Tis a cruel fate that it comes out the same day as the xcom 2 expansion. I don't know which one to get first.

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

Will the switch charge from any old USB power adapter or does it need to be a high power one? I have lots of old iPad chargers I was hoping to use on a trip.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Overcooked 4-player review: it's good

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Granite Octopus posted:

Will the switch charge from any old USB power adapter or does it need to be a high power one? I have lots of old iPad chargers I was hoping to use on a trip.

Official Apple ones should be fine.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 30, 2017

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Cojawfee posted:

What even is it? I saw it and thought the same as you, Picross 3D clone. But it looks like you just carve voxel things out of a big cube and then paint them? This is why digital returns need to be a thing. You can't just sell someone something and then say "lol suck poo poo" when it turns out to be really bad.

Yeah, you just like.. randomly tap at spots on the screen and hope that you break away the unneeded bricks. When you accidentally tap the model hidden inside your life/score meter drains. Once that's done you have to uncomfortably paint the cubes. Not to your own specs, but in exactly the pattern shown. It's really unfun.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

techknight posted:

Yeah, you just like.. randomly tap at spots on the screen and hope that you break away the unneeded bricks. When you accidentally tap the model hidden inside your life/score meter drains. Once that's done you have to uncomfortably paint the cubes. Not to your own specs, but in exactly the pattern shown. It's really unfun.

You should call up Nintendo and complain.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I can wake my switch up from sleep with the pro controller which turns my TV and media player on but there's nothing on the screen from the switch; when I give the switch a minute so it turns off and then press the button again it is on the screen and all working correctly. Still not sure why.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm getting a lot better at Splatoon. Maybe weak pubbies this afternoon but I was winning about 2/3 of my matches instead of 1/4, and am getting really comfortable with the Splatling.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

So overcooked is hella fun with people to yell at it with right?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

Yes and no. They have to be people who are capable of playing better or learning how to do it, or they'll just make you mad and you'll feel like a dick for being mad at them. Like don't play it with non gamers or really little kids.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Imagined posted:

Yes and no. They have to be people who are capable of playing better or learning how to do it, or they'll just make you mad and you'll feel like a dick for being mad at them. Like don't play it with non gamers or really little kids.

The game is very fun to play with non gamers! The trick is to yell and have fun

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

acksplode posted:

I got power outlets my dude. But yeah also bringing my Anker battery, you think I'm gonna game unprepared? Please.

Did a hawaii flight with it, was :discourse:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I almost wanna fly again so I can Switch away.

Also I got in a good hour of work out while also playing mario kart. Having real split controllers makes it possible and it made the whole thing way less miserable.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Flying with the switch is going to become a whole lot more annoying with the new TSA rules.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bull3964 posted:

Flying with the switch is going to become a whole lot more annoying with the new TSA rules.
how so?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

LethalGeek posted:

I almost wanna fly again so I can Switch away.

i have good news friend

you can play the switch right here right now without having to be on a plane!

nintendo is real

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

I think you're only allowed a certain amount of batteries or a certain amount of milliamp hours or something.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

100 watt hours is way WAY more than anything you're going to be hauling around to play on a Switch, that's gaming laptop kind of battery.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

There's a Mayflash adapter for switch that lets you use Wii U pro controllers and PS4 controllers - has anyone tried it out?

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

iajanus posted:

I can wake my switch up from sleep with the pro controller which turns my TV and media player on but there's nothing on the screen from the switch; when I give the switch a minute so it turns off and then press the button again it is on the screen and all working correctly. Still not sure why.

In my very limited experience with using the dock (Portable4Life), I'd press Home once and wait for it to vibrate to wake up the system, then press Home once more after that to cause the screen to actually turn on.

I was under the impression that the first press just took the systems out of hibernate and established a Bluetooth connection (I don't have one of those fancy turning-on TVs), and pressing it again once connected was to send the Ready To Go signal.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

You are going to have to remove it from all bags and cases and put it in its own x-ray bin.

Anything larger than a phone and is electronic is getting that treatment now.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Hammer Bro. posted:

In my very limited experience with using the dock (Portable4Life), I'd press Home once and wait for it to vibrate to wake up the system, then press Home once more after that to cause the screen to actually turn on.

I was under the impression that the first press just took the systems out of hibernate and established a Bluetooth connection (I don't have one of those fancy turning-on TVs), and pressing it again once connected was to send the Ready To Go signal.

I'll give that a go when I get home from my trip; I'm positive I tried that already but who knows, there's every chance I didn't.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

LethalGeek posted:

It really does unleash your inner Gordon Ramsay.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
Ordered myself one of these DIY kits to make my dock portable. It basically takes the chip and connectors out of the official dock and places it in a smaller casing.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Shards of Fate posted:

Ordered myself one of these DIY kits to make my dock portable. It basically takes the chip and connectors out of the official dock and places it in a smaller casing.

Are those your photos? Can you take a closeup of the switch when docked on that?

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Wheany posted:

Are those your photos? Can you take a closeup of the switch when docked on that?

Please zip up your pants

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

protip for flying is to have your console in a case, so you can just chuck it into one of the bins with minimal care. you're probably carrying a laptop anyways, so it's not exactly a lot of extra effort.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

Please zip up your pants

No kinkshaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Critically acclaimed murder mystery solve 'em up masquerade The Sexy Brutale is destined for the Switch, with first confirmation appearing in Japan. The release is scheduled to happen during Fall. There's also a PEGI registry entry in Europe, but no real release date as of yet.

• Locked thread