Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Blasters suck really bad in salmon run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blasters just plan suck really bad.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I've made a new discovery: The salmon will start jumping at ya if you hang on a wall for too long while you're it during the Glowfly event.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.
Man chargers were so much better in Splatoon 1 than in Splatoon 2 - I really, really miss bomb rush. I keep accidentally triggering stingray while trying to deal with people close range.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

Man chargers were so much better in Splatoon 1 than in Splatoon 2 - I really, really miss bomb rush. I keep accidentally triggering stingray while trying to deal with people close range.

God yes. I want Bomb Rush for splats back so bad.

I think chargers are still fine, but man no Damage Up is taking some getting used to.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

coming from the kelp splatterscope, i love the stingray cause its like the pro version of the killer wail

just wish it had a sprinkler sub :<<<<

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Blasters just plan suck really bad.

A blaster in a good opponents hands will absolutely wreck. It was even worse in splatoon 1 (rip in piss Luna blaster)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

all the Japanese people use the Luna Blaster and by the time you even see them because they're playing the game 3 seconds ahead of you you're dead

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Zelder posted:

A blaster in a good opponents hands will absolutely wreck. It was even worse in splatoon 1 (rip in piss Luna blaster)

Blasters are my least favorite weapon to face when holding my splattershot. Every time I face one it makes me want to switch to a Pro.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

all the Japanese people use the Luna Blaster and by the time you even see them because they're playing the game 3 seconds ahead of you you're dead

Yeah it's pretty infuriating when you get 3 japanese pairs and get absolutely hosed and killed despite them not even aiming at where you are, but where you were. One time this happened one of the japanese players disconnected and we won but didn't deserve it at all. At least the tammates of them didn't derank.

I'd rather play against Europeans at that stage because at least its a closer speed time. I really wish this game had dedicated servers.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I thought I understood how Splatnet works, but I don't think I do.

There's a helmet up there right now with Ink Resistance, which I would normally be all over, except I just bought that same helmet in the shops and it has Tenacity (which is only found on helmets and the only piece of gear with that ability I've found so far.) When I tap on the helmet, the app says the common ability is special saver. What's it talking about? It can't be the regular ability the helmet has in the shops because that's definitely Tenacity.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Common Abilities mean it has a higher chance of showing up in the slots when it levels up

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

What's that p90 looking weapon I see in some games? It's not in the shop from what I can gather.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
This weapon set is good, actually

Frankston posted:

What's that p90 looking weapon I see in some games? It's not in the shop from what I can gather.

That's the Hero Shot Replica, which you gain by completing all the single player levels with its counterpart.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

God yes. I want Bomb Rush for splats back so bad.

I think chargers are still fine, but man no Damage Up is taking some getting used to.

They're still strategically useful - like you can definitely hold a position really well in splat zones and tower. In splatoon 1 though you could definitely take a charger to any mode and do pretty well, but it's a lot harder to do the same thing in splatoon 2 because you don't have your get out of jail free button and close range is the toughest part of playing a charger. I guess it's fair.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

In Training posted:

Common Abilities mean it has a higher chance of showing up in the slots when it levels up

Oh. Well that's less helpful. Now I'm going to actually have to look up what the normal ability for gear is on Splatnet before I buy it. (Since if I decide the shop ability is better, I'm screwed unless I can buy it off a squid kid.)

Blank Construct posted:

This weapon set is good, actually

Yeah this weapon set is fine. But then again I also thought the last weapon set was fine, and people were complaining about that one up, down, and sideways.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I didn't screencap it, but I saw a post with an accurate drawing of Rutger Hauer with this inscribed:

quote:

All those moments will be lost in time, like splats in ink.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Smiles posted:

just wish it had a sprinkler sub :<<<<

Did sprinklers get nerfed from splat1? I remember them being a nuisance but in 2 I don't see anyone use them and when I try to follow the tips someone earlier in the thread gave me they don't do much. I play mostly rm/tc

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I still say Chargers should not be let near Salmon Run due to the odds of them not being in the hands of someone capable, but I actually don't get the hate for the Clash Blaster (though, admittedly, I wouldn't willingly use it in conventional modes). Low ink aside, you just gotta treat it like an actual firearm - hold the trigger down and empty your drum of crayon bullets into something.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
https://twitter.com/Kollerss/status/891501292694065152

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nephzinho posted:

Blasters are my least favorite weapon to face when holding my splattershot. Every time I face one it makes me want to switch to a Pro.

I use a Pro and blasters still catch me off guard. I swear they have the same range, despite not really looking like they should. That pop hurts something fierce... The first one gets me running away, and that never works out well against a blaster. I think the Jet Squelcher properly outranges it, though.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I still say Chargers should not be let near Salmon Run due to the odds of them not being in the hands of someone capable, but I actually don't get the hate for the Clash Blaster (though, admittedly, I wouldn't willingly use it in conventional modes). Low ink aside, you just gotta treat it like an actual firearm - hold the trigger down and empty your drum of crayon bullets into something.

Chargers are awesome in Salmon run as long as your team is keeping the Salmonids off your back. You can pretty much snipe most bosses before they can become a real problem, and perform long distance rescues. And at higher ranks, people generally know how to aim with them. It's not really hard to use them compared to using them in multiplayer. The Salmonids have very predictable movement.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

It's still very funny how Nintendo made a shooter game but still made the single player component a platformer. Salmon Run kinda reminds me of a Tower Defense game, too.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I like it when I ink a path to the enemy point in rainmaker, and the enemy team just ignores it so when we get the rainmaker it's just a straight route there :)

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Frankston posted:

I like it when I ink a path to the enemy point in rainmaker, and the enemy team just ignores it so when we get the rainmaker it's just a straight route there :)

Yeah I do this a lot while a big firefight is going on over the rainmaker itself and the other team is distracted. Then later on if it hasn't been touched I can just grab the Rainmaker and make a run for it along a path that only I really know is there.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Frankston posted:

I like when I do this and spam up on the D-pad and the rainmaker carrier goes their own way instead.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I like when I do this and spam up on the D-pad and the rainmaker carrier goes their own way instead.

Oh yeah, that happens way more often

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah but the weak bullets means they can't kill things, the low rate of fire (comparatively) means you can't get things away from your feet, and they don't have good range. They provide no real advantages

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

You should be able to hardcode your ink colour because why not.

The disappointment when I'm on a purple team.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Martytoof posted:

I'm going to find you and say rude things about your ancestry.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm still disappointed that the ink colours aren't randomized and you only get the set colours.

Martytoof posted:

I wish you could do this for your squid kid in the lobby to create a nice matching outfit.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

You can, can't you? I thought that was what the color lock option did

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I wish the sparkly ink from single player could show up in multiplayer.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm still disappointed that the ink colours aren't randomized and you only get the set colours.

To say nothing of the many different kinds of color blindness (which is hopefully served for most by the option in the menu), the readability of ink colors is incredibly important in Splatoon 2. There's no way a random colors approach would work as reliably as purposefully chosen color sets.

Zelder posted:

You can, can't you? I thought that was what the color lock option did

I believe that sets it to a predetermined set of two colors and doesn't lock it to any set you choose.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
so the point of the SplatNet shop is so that you can get clothing with different abilities than normal, right? So I could get any Clothing item with Ninja squid on it?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Lakbay posted:

Did sprinklers get nerfed from splat1? I remember them being a nuisance but in 2 I don't see anyone use them and when I try to follow the tips someone earlier in the thread gave me they don't do much. I play mostly rm/tc

They have had a slight nerf (they get less powerful over time so you've got to keep applying them), but the simple reason you don't see them much is that barely any weapons have them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like when the inklings go "MMMM YEAH"

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I like when the inklings go "MMMM YEAH"

I don't like where this is going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I don't want to blame it on lag but I definitely feel like my opponents are faster than me when i'm playing very late at night. When a gun takes four shots to kill but I somehow keep magically dying at two it's kind of bullshit.