Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Meatsicle posted:

Am I missing something? The attack on Casterly Rock actually happened. They just had Tyrion narrating it for some reason.

Yeah, I think that the main assault had to happen in order for the sneak attack to work. You'd like to think that most of the Unsullied were in the castle rather than on the boats. I'd love to see Dothraki and dragons take out the rest of the Lannisters and Tarley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
I think it's a bold direction to turn Bran into GRRM, with his newfound obsession with rape and incest.
All he needs to do now is talk non-stop about food and never write down his visions or share them with anyone else.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The Unnamed One posted:

I think it's a bold direction to turn Bran into GRRM, with his newfound obsession with rape and incest.
All he needs to do now is talk non-stop about food and never write down his visions or share them with anyone else.

Plus the "never walks anywhere" thing

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
the siege was happening while the unsullied sent a few good men or w/e to break in and open the gate.

i thought the episode was p good. im just enjoying it for the schlock it is but this one had more good moments than the first couple eps.

i have no sympathy for dany because she's just jabberin about her now nonexistent birthright. jon took way too long to remind her that there was a successful rebellion and davos shouldve reminded her that the last king in the north was robb stark cause theres been a whole gently caress load of plot going on while she was stuck in the loving meereenese knot. davos's "oh, this is jon snow" gag got a chuckle though.

euron being a giant ham, calling theon a twat, and asking jaime how cersei liked in the bedroom was funny. his character is definitely growing on me even if the show is terrible at showing the passage of time so his fleet can be everywhere at everytime.

cersei's creepy dungeon with elaria and the last sand snake was pretty brutal. a good scene. as was jaime's scene with olena.

bran's scene was kinda dumb. i mean, i guess he was trying to compliment sansa's wedding dress but yeah he came off like a supee creeper. i suppose he's just kind of weird and out of touch now. the whole conversation was dumb though. "what do you mean the three eyed raven trained you? i thought you said you were the three eyed raven." "it's hard to explain." what the gently caress no it's not. sansa still experiences time linearly and you've had years of experience yourself, you idiot. there was a three eyed raven before you but he was killed by harryhausen skeletons so now it's you.

glad to see jorah's okay and sam didn't cause a massive plague. though now i'm not really sure what the gently caress bearing on the plot jorah has because i figured his infection was going to play into it. also what is melisandre going to do now? die in westeros i guess but what, is she waiting for a blaze of glory plot moment?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
If sam can cure greyscale, there's hope for gerion lannister yet.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I know there will probably be some recur attempt on the dorn ladies, but how baller would it be if that was the last scene we ever see them in? Like the shame lady, anyone who goes into cersei's bondage dungeon never comes out and vanish from the show forever.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Arcsquad12 posted:

I know there will probably be some recur attempt on the dorn ladies, but how baller would it be if that was the last scene we ever see them in? Like the shame lady, anyone who goes into cersei's bondage dungeon never comes out and vanish from the show forever.

I would absolutely love to never see those characters again, but knowing how schlocky the writing has been, I absolutely believe we are going to see a dave hill-esque report on how someone thought it would be super cool if later on whenever kingslanding is attacked and Cersei is retreating into the dungeons that Ellaria would get the last laugh and kill her while the rest of her kingdom burns to the ground, and now that assistant is a writer for the show.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Chieves posted:

Plus the "never walks anywhere" thing

I know, oh, oh, oh.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

After the pacing of the last few seasons, this feels like a final few episodes they were begrudgingly given to wrap everything up, yet HBO actually had to negotiate the episode count UP?

You can practically see the notes GRUM scribbled on a beer mat for them.

Also: "I have brought Ice and Fire together. Let this Game of Thrones be concluded"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Junkenstein posted:

Also: "I have brought Ice and Fire together. Let this Game of Thrones be concluded"

I'm sick of all these Star Wars.

Dany landed three episodes and god knows how many weeks ago, and all she has done is lose her fleet, half her allies, and had her army surrounded.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 31, 2017

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Blind Sally posted:

the whole conversation was dumb though. "what do you mean the three eyed raven trained you? i thought you said you were the three eyed raven." "it's hard to explain." what the gently caress no it's not. sansa still experiences time linearly and you've had years of experience yourself, you idiot. there was a three eyed raven before you but he was killed by harryhausen skeletons so now it's you.

I'm 100% assuming that Bloodraven was a time-warg'd Bran.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

mossyfisk posted:

So bran is a half-targ also? Or he convinced his "mom" to fake it?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

some guy on the bus posted:

You didn't see the episode? Not only did Bran tell Sansa he watched her be raped, he let her know how pretty the night was and how she looked, which made it sound like it was enjoyable viewing to him. Sansa got creeped out and left him there. This was their first meeting together. (Sure to win D & D another writing emmy)

Oh that's right, Bran probably wouldn't be able to pleasure himself. Write it so that he just leaks out I guess.

I just finished the ep

Bran telling Sansa her white wedding dress looked great was wtf material

But fessing up to why he can't be lord of Winterfell was good (Burger King please put out a series of Team Sansa cups)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAZQaYKZMTI

And that he can't figure out his own character without shadowy allusions to crows with more than two eyeballs

the scene where Jaime gave the queen of thorns her last drink was great

and then she told him to tell Cersei she'd done the purple wedding

she was appreciative that he'd done his research on which poisons kill quick and that she hadn't done the necessary to figure out which to use on King Joffrey

But she was right that Cersei is a monster, and probably won't believe Jaime and will continually be convinced that it was Tyrion who did for Joffrey

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Cersei should get her head out of her rear end about Sansa and write to her saying she will recognize the North's Independence if they ally against Dany. It's the one thing that Dany won't offer them, and the North is worthless to the South anyway.

If nothing else, it'll cause discontent.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh that's right, Bran probably wouldn't be able to pleasure himself. Write it so that he just leaks out I guess.
Hodor was probably looking forward to death.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I read what were supposed to be more detailed spoilers/episode synopses and some of the stuff that sounded iffy isn't quite as bad when you get the details.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

syscall girl posted:

I just finished the ep

Bran telling Sansa her white wedding dress looked great was wtf material

But fessing up to why he can't be lord of Winterfell was good (Burger King please put out a series of Team Sansa cups)

and then she told him to tell Cersei she'd done the purple wedding

If I were Jaime I would have strangled the bitch at that point, or thrown her out the window.

I thought Bran was only onlike like 10% creepy - I mean the weirdness Sansa was experiencing was supposed to be about 1) Bran actually is a mystical creature 2) Shame at him knowing about her rape. I thought it was Bran's delivery, more than the lines themselves, that made it creepy.

To be fair though - if I had magic time travel viewing powers, I suspect it would be much like the internet: 5% looking up useful info, 95% watching people gently caress. Well, and maybe 20% Bloodraven Ads. For every new raven you recruit, you get 10% of their upstream gold! Go to your local Wier wood and sacrifice today!

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Look at what the show did to Preston. Broke his poor brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twIOwifG_3Y

kcroy posted:

To be fair though - if I had magic time travel viewing powers, I suspect it would be much like the internet: 5% looking up useful info, 95% watching people gently caress.

But not your sister, probably.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Preston's brain was broken a looong time ago.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

Look at what the show did to Preston. Broke his poor brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twIOwifG_3Y

But not your sister, probably.

Especially

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

mossyfisk posted:

uuuugh,, i hope that isn't the case.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Dany landed three episodes and god knows how many weeks ago, and all she has done is lose her fleet, half her allies, and had her army surrounded.

Good. I've never had much sympathy for the Targaryen claim--all of which rests on some rear end in a top hat flying over to Westeros with dragons and burning everything down until the Seven kingdoms agreed to bend the knee. The Mad King hosed it all up, triggered a rebellion, and lost. Dany no longer has a claim. There have been, what, four rulers since the Targaryens? (granted, Joffrey and Tommen didn't last long, and Cersei probably won't either, ha). Dany spent her whole book/show time up til this point off in another country basically removed from the plot. Now she's finally in Westeros and wants to just be part of the plot. Bend the knee? Pfft. She needs to earn it. I'm glad Jon Snow didn't agree to bend the knee just to get some dragons but that'll still probably wind up happening now anyways. Maybe if Dany had actually done something when she came to Westeros, she might be able to conjure some respect. John Snow's "I don't loving know you and your dad was an rear end in a top hat" was right. Dany's apology was a step in the right direction, but as it's been said, she's really done nothing worthy of respect since she arrived. With her fleet scattered and in shambles, her Dorne/Highgarden alliance dead, and the Unsullied under siege, she's in a bad position. She only has the Dothraki and Dragons left, so maybe she'll just agree to go with Snow to the wall, fight off the White Walkers, then turn south with the Northern and Vale Armies, and Wildings.

i'm beginning to wonder if Cersei is actually going to wind up being victorious at the end of the series with everyone else dead. It'd be funny if Jaime's comments turned out to be true and she wound up being a great and benevolent leader after no one opposed her. I wouldn't put it past GRRM.

(it feels so strange to have genuine opinions about this series again--I think i'm just excited that it's almost over)

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
What's happening in the show will probably play a lot more differently in the books, in part because

A) There are so many divergent paths and motivations at this point it's hard to keep track of poo poo.

But mostly because

B) The books are never coming out

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lycus posted:

If nothing else, it'll cause discontent.

Mods, maybe a new thread title?

kcroy posted:

If I were Jaime I would have strangled the bitch at that point, or thrown her out the window.

I thought Bran was only onlike like 10% creepy - I mean the weirdness Sansa was experiencing was supposed to be about 1) Bran actually is a mystical creature 2) Shame at him knowing about her rape. I thought it was Bran's delivery, more than the lines themselves, that made it creepy.

To be fair though - if I had magic time travel viewing powers, I suspect it would be much like the internet: 5% looking up useful info, 95% watching people gently caress. Well, and maybe 20% Bloodraven Ads. For every new raven you recruit, you get 10% of their upstream gold! Go to your local Wier wood and sacrifice today!

He deliberately poisoned her and told her as much. So she'd have a better death than Joff. Or Myrcella or Tommen.

She accepted in some kind of reverse-Princess Bride move because she wanted death. And a few thorny words with Jaime re Cersei.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Bran talking about Sansa's wedding night was the most hosed up broke-brain poo poo in the show's history. It was the spoken equivalent of Bronn vs Sand Snakes.

I don't get why Bran seems like he's taken a bunch of Valium either. Maybe he's sad about Hodor and Bloodraven and w/e but how the gently caress does he act with no energy or emotion at all? At this point I suspect when he sees Jon it'll basically be ":geno: Jon you're actually our cousin, born to our aunt and Rhaegar. Dad claimed you as his to protect you as a vow he made to your mom as she died giving birth to you. You're a Targ bastard. :geno:"

Elias_Maluco posted:

Ive said it once but I have to say it again: I still cant believe that after all this time raising dragons and building up a huge rear end army to take Westeros, Dany finally arrives there and refuses to use either because this dumb show has to drag on for another 2 seasons

But she doesn't want to be seen as a foreign invader. :ohdear:

...except she's going to do exactly that because Cersei is using map hacks.

i81icu812 posted:

The first four shots with him narrating are all hypotheticals for what would happen if they didn't use the sewer tunnel he designed.

Those shots were from the actual attack. Grey Worm didn't infiltrate Casterly Rock and open the gates with an army waiting right outside and zero fighting. Tyrion was just saying what would happen normally, while shots of the actual battle were being shown. And then he mentions his sex dungeon tunnel.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Based on the costume trajectory alone I'm 95% certain this story winds up in space.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

syscall girl posted:

He deliberately poisoned her and told her as much. So she'd have a better death than Joff. Or Myrcella or Tommen.
Yes. he gave her an easy, painless death. I'm saying one he found out about Joffrey, he should have revoked the "easy, painless" part of that equation.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I think Jaime just knew he'd been out played and it didn't matter.

The last page of the Jaime chapter for that scene, if such a thing existed or ever would exist would be "Don't be Cersei. Don't be Cersei. Don't be Cersei. Don't be Cersei. Don't be Cersei. Don't be Cersei."

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Evil Fluffy posted:

It was the spoken equivalent of Bronn vs Sand Snakes.

I'm 100% certain we had the spoken version of his already.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Bran talking about Sansa's wedding night was the most hosed up broke-brain poo poo in the show's history. It was the spoken equivalent of Bronn vs Sand Snakes.

I don't get why Bran seems like he's taken a bunch of Valium either. Maybe he's sad about Hodor and Bloodraven and w/e but how the gently caress does he act with no energy or emotion at all? At this point I suspect when he sees Jon it'll basically be ":geno: Jon you're actually our cousin, born to our aunt and Rhaegar. Dad claimed you as his to protect you as a vow he made to your mom as she died giving birth to you. You're a Targ bastard. :geno:"

But she doesn't want to be seen as a foreign invader. :ohdear:

...except she's going to do exactly that because Cersei is using map hacks.

Those shots were from the actual attack. Grey Worm didn't infiltrate Casterly Rock and open the gates with an army waiting right outside and zero fighting. Tyrion was just saying what would happen normally, while shots of the actual battle were being shown. And then he mentions his sex dungeon tunnel.

His first words with Jon are gonna be like "drat bro you looked so badass when you were eating out that wildling pussy in that cave! Natural redheads amirte?"

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Doesn't Braavos forbid slavery? Would the Iron Bank of Braavos really invest in the slave trade?

I mean, yeah, the producers haven't read the books nor do they care, but still...

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I think the Iron Bank's first bit of business with outsiders was paying reparations to Valyria for the ships the escaped slaves "stole".

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

TequilaJesus posted:

Doesn't Braavos forbid slavery? Would the Iron Bank of Braavos really invest in the slave trade?

I mean, yeah, the producers haven't read the books nor do they care, but still...

Wasn't slavery prohibited by most of the countries participating in the Atlantic slave trade?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

TequilaJesus posted:

You answered your own question, they don't care.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Capitalism trumps principles.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
You're trying awfully hard to hate the show when you won't even consider that a huge ultra rich bank wouldn't engage in some shady trade just because it's "illegal" locally.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYq8dGLvshQ

That means forever! :eng101:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Dangerllama posted:

Based on the costume trajectory alone I'm 95% certain this story winds up in space.

Did they changed the unsulied uniform? It really had a very bad cheap sci-fi look last episode

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

kcroy posted:

Yes. he gave her an easy, painless death. I'm saying one he found out about Joffrey, he should have revoked the "easy, painless" part of that equation.

jaime never gave one poo poo about joffrey
I think this was made clear in the aftermath of the purple wedding
he may have cared (in a hosed-up way) about the effect joff's death had on cersei, but the kid himself was nothing to him

at most his internal reaction to this reveal should have been "well, shucks, didn't see that one coming!"

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 1, 2017

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

PupsOfWar posted:

jaime never gave one poo poo about joffrey
I think this was made clear in the time after the purple wedding

at most his internal reaction to this reveal would have been "well, shucks, didn't see that one coming!"

"drat, Cersei is gonna be mad I talked her into giving the old woman a painless death"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

kcroy posted:

I was kinda hoping Jaime would respond to Olenna's speech with "uhh I was about to say the poison takes a couple of hours so make yourself comfortable, but now..."