Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Katasi posted:

Can you imagine how annoying that would be if you said it every single time you used the skill?

Best eiriken video 2017.

E: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929170 challenges announcement.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Encounters III looks like a pain if we have to use Zana for Perandus.

And does Voidspawn of Abaxoth show up without Beyond?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Qwertycoatl posted:

Yes.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

1337 map bosses. :shibewow:

Otherwise doesn't look too bad, except for encounters 3 (well and depending on how fucky the harbingers will be) and the "boss trick" encounters potentially.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Encounters III looks like a pain if we have to use Zana for Perandus.

Yes it does, it's a generic bloodlines mod. The only requirement is monster level 61+.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

1337 map bosses. :shibewow:

One excavation and 666 shaped strands

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

One excavation and 666 shaped strands

:laffo: Wouldn't hurry with the Strand plans, they said they're nerfing shaping strats for it.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
223 twinned Race courses ( if that works ( no it's not worth rolling them to twinned even if it does ) )

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jul 31, 2017

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I like that the brutality support gem lets you drop melee Phys on full life for warChief totems.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
[Ask] Me About Lacerate/Dominating Blow/Elemental Hit/Arc all being good and Very Viable Forever

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

pokchu posted:

[Ask] Me About Lacerate/Dominating Blow/Elemental Hit/Arc all being good and Very Viable Forever

I'm gonna need you to show your workings on this one, son

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
I have a specific question on lacerate actually - I generally do a life-based 2h lacerate slayer for early, cheap uber lab farming, but I do resolute technique and use Kondo's to keep it super cheap. Is there any straightforward way to covert to a crit build so it can scale higher without a shaper weapon? Or will this require buying an expensive rare foil(?) and stacking accuracy?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

funmanguy posted:

RT gladiator/berserker/jugg/raider sunder. That is my safe recommendation for the new league. That may change fast when patch notes arrive.
No, that makes too much sense. I'm gonna do crit frostbolt totems Inquisitor, because I am Dumb.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
What weapons do dudes run with for their main hand if you're doing Sunder? Or do you just get the DW nodes and use whatever.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Awesome! posted:

when ziggyd went to visit ggg chris said they had a trading change planned but it wasnt a super big thing and he stressed repeatedly that it wasnt the only thing they were working on. anyone remember that? what did it end up being?

gently caress all. Trading is just the way they want it to be, dependent on a 3rd party.

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 10, 2020

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Awesome! posted:

when ziggyd went to visit ggg chris said they had a trading change planned but it wasnt a super big thing and he stressed repeatedly that it wasnt the only thing they were working on. anyone remember that? what did it end up being?

Siosa selling gems

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

What weapons do dudes run with for their main hand if you're doing Sunder? Or do you just get the DW nodes and use whatever.

Axes, generally.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Katasi posted:

Can you imagine how annoying that would be if you said it every single time you used the skill?

Multistrike. "THE TOUCH THE TOUCH THE TOUCH OF GOD!"

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Budgie posted:

Multistrike. "THE TOUCH THE TOUCH THE TOUCH OF GOD!"

With the attack speed people have these days it'd probably just be THTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTH

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

theshim posted:

No, that makes too much sense. I'm gonna do crit frostbolt totems Inquisitor, because I am Dumb.

Axes with soultaker being the most obvious end game weapon with a shield like lioneyes. Though I think using rigwqlds sword and axe will be better in the long run. I respeced my gladiator on standard with the rigwald axe/sword combo and BoR and it was very good, running T16 maps without much problem, the guadian fights took a while longer than some of my other builds(but they are all getting nerfed hard). I used a legacy bor because thats what I had, but you can swap some stuff on the tree to get back up to max block with a non-legacy one.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jul 31, 2017

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I wanna roll with a totem guy this season. My friends told me to level with Fire Totem and then switch to something else - what's the most fun? Warchief?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

KoldPT posted:

I wanna roll with a totem guy this season. My friends told me to level with Fire Totem and then switch to something else - what's the most fun? Warchief?

There's a ton of viable options if you include spell totem or ranged attack totem. You basically have to look up some builds/videos and see what you think looks fun

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

warchief is hella fun and the grandpas smash the gently caress outta stuff so it feels good

edit: and for that you can just level as a 2h melee dude until 28, so like cleave and then sunder to 28 since youre taking phys damage nodes anyways.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I've played enough RT axe cyclone slayers. This time I'm going to shake things up radically. I think I'm going to roll an RT mace cyclone slayer

I've many build ideas I'd like to try for a change but I love the Duelist's voice lines and I've got to hear what he has to say in the new acts

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

KoldPT posted:

I honestly kind of like Righteous Fire totems. The build should be super cheap, since you don't need any good items at all to start out and you can get pretty strong if you invest some currency later on.

You could level with firestorm totems I guess, but I don't really see the point. Just using 2h Sunder or something will probably be faster and you can switch to totems as soon as you get an Inc AoE gem.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Some more links for the OP:

PoE Trades Companion - basically a queue window with your trade whispers and various convenience buttons/hotkeys.

https://poeapp.com/ - like poe.trade but faster, with more mods and without forums indexing.

http://pathofstats.com/ - ladder rankings and some other statistics.
https://www.poebuilds.io/ - similar to Path of Stats, gives clearer view of builds on ladder.

http://xezzco.de/poetools/#/expCalc - experience penalty calculator, partially updated to 3.0 locations.

http://filterblast.oversoul.xyz/ - loot filter gallery with examples.

http://www.buildofexile.com/ - build search engine.
http://timtips.com/buildbrowser/#/list - another one.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715993 - save your build to a single picture. A bit hacky.

http://gggtracker.com/ - developer post tracker.

http://poecraft.com/ - crafting stuff.

http://poeaffix.net/ - equipment crafting specifically.

http://poedb.tw/us/ - database that often gets early datamined poo poo, but is not necessarily reliable.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Do you guys have any suggestions for duo builds? Or like what kind of concept of builds work well in pairs? Friend and I are eagerly looking forward to the new expac

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
One of you plays Necromancer support (get Commander of Darkness, pack as many auras as you can) and the other plays literally anything else.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

drat that build mathil just posted is a BV pure ele inquisitor and it has like 1 mill DPS on basic gear

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

..btt posted:

I have a specific question on lacerate actually - I generally do a life-based 2h lacerate slayer for early, cheap uber lab farming, but I do resolute technique and use Kondo's to keep it super cheap. Is there any straightforward way to covert to a crit build so it can scale higher without a shaper weapon? Or will this require buying an expensive rare foil(?) and stacking accuracy?

It certainly would require much more expensive gear, since your gearing profile and tree would have to change significantly. Going RT reduces the stat dependency considerably, and while the effectiveness is going to go down in 3.0, I'm still fairly certain it'll break all content over it's knee. Bottom line is that I think Shaper weapon is actually much cheaper than trying to shoehorn all the rest of the stuff you need on your gear. And your damage goes down if you go to a 1H (damage nodes from slayer,) anyway.

TLDR my first thoughts are that it would be much more difficult/expensive to make a crit lacerate slayer to be that much more effective than rt lacerate slayer

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
I figured as much but thought I would ask, thanks!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

queeb posted:

drat that build mathil just posted is a BV pure ele inquisitor and it has like 1 mill DPS on basic gear

Did you actually look at it? That amulet alone is more expensvie than most goons own in a full league. He's also using a 6linked incandenscent heart, and it's all 20/20 gems with elemental focus + atziri's promise + taste of hate + diamond active.

E: This is basically "Mathil goes full tooltip warrior"

TheRat fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 31, 2017

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Eezee posted:

I honestly kind of like Righteous Fire totems. The build should be super cheap, since you don't need any good items at all to start out and you can get pretty strong if you invest some currency later on.

You could level with firestorm totems I guess, but I don't really see the point. Just using 2h Sunder or something will probably be faster and you can switch to totems as soon as you get an Inc AoE gem.

I did RF (without totems) on my last dude, so I think I'll just try out the grandpa totems. Cheers.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
Is getting to uber izaro in the mid 70s actually viable for a league starter? So far the only time I got all six trials done was in legacy league, after getting two characters past level 80.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Eminai posted:

Is getting to uber izaro in the mid 70s actually viable for a league starter? So far the only time I got all six trials done was in legacy league, after getting two characters past level 80.

Unless you put in quite a bit of effort hunting trials from other goons/public channels you wont have all the uber trials by then. To give you a (basically worst case) example, in 2.6 I got my final uber trial at lvl95.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Should I take any elemental resist nodes that I can get at in the passive tree, or could that be covered by equipment?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

Should I take any elemental resist nodes that I can get at in the passive tree, or could that be covered by equipment?

Yes, and yes. Take them if you need them and remove them when you no longer need them.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

TheRat posted:

Did you actually look at it? That amulet alone is more expensvie than most goons own in a full league. He's also using a 6linked incandenscent heart, and it's all 20/20 gems with elemental focus + atziri's promise + taste of hate + diamond active.

E: This is basically "Mathil goes full tooltip warrior"

I'm only basing this off the vid, but he also doesn't have any rings equipped, only 1 of 3 jewels in and no diamond up. Granted he only goes to 1.5 mil with conc and ele focus, with the clearing setup he was at like 880k.

J
Jun 10, 2001

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Some more links for the OP:

Added all these!

Unlucky7 posted:

Early on, it's perfectly fine to take resist nodes, or +30 stat nodes to cover your needs when you don't have good gear yet. Later on once you do get good gear you should have plenty of respec points to get rid of those nodes.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Elentor posted:

Here's a gif of Tyrael.

what mtx setup is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Unlucky7 posted:

The lion's share of your resists will come from gear. Some of the nodes you will take either through pathing, or incidentally, will have resists on them.

Outside of that, there will be case-by-case situations where you could maybe sacrifice one or two passives so you can slot some ridiculous piece of gear, or you manage to find a piece of gear that gives you enough +stats to drop one of your +30 stat nodes that you can then spend on resistance instead that you need.

In general, resistances on nodes/jewels are edge cases that don't have any hard and fast rules