Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I uhh, just found this
https://twitter.com/Artless_AA/status/891281195459166208

It's definitely lag sometimes. I read an article that says splatoon 2's refreshing at 16hz as opposed to like, a normal rate. Lost it though, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Zeruel posted:

so the point of the SplatNet shop is so that you can get clothing with different abilities than normal, right? So I could get any Clothing item with Ninja squid on it?

There was a bug where that could happen, but they patched that so now you have a chance of any shirt in the game having ninja squid in the game like originally intended.

It's why I check the app every even hour hoping for something fresh and functional

Speak of the devil there is a fresh hoodie with ninja squid on it that just popped up

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 31, 2017

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Speaking of:

Yeah, good to know :v: Hopefully this app gets me some fresh threads.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
All I do is ink, ink, ink no matter what
I got tickets on my mind, I can never get enough
Every time I step up in the Splat Zones, everybody's rank goes up
And they booyah! And they booyah! And they booyah!

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Zeruel posted:

Speaking of:

Yeah, good to know :v: Hopefully this app gets me some fresh threads.

OK I don't have access to online for 8 hours on my APP it says 12 hours above this jacket. Does that mean it will be in the shop for 12 hours? This is very important on my quest to be fresh.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

JackDarko posted:

OK I don't have access to online for 8 hours on my APP it says 12 hours above this jacket. Does that mean it will be in the shop for 12 hours? This is very important on my quest to be fresh.

It will be on the app's store for the next 12 hours. As long as you order it within that time, you can pick it up in-game indefinitely afterwards.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Zeruel posted:

I uhh, just found this

It's definitely lag sometimes. I read an article that says splatoon 2's refreshing at 16hz as opposed to like, a normal rate. Lost it though, sorry

http://nintendotoday.com/splatoon-2-tick-rate/

Yes, its an incredibly lovely situation that becomes more and more apparent when you climb the ranks. Its why I stopped bothering with the game in Splatoon 1 after reaching S+. Peer to Peer combined with an exclusive japanese playerbase and low tick rate means that you're playing an entirely different game from your opponents, and that poo poo wasnt fun.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Zeruel posted:

I uhh, just found this

Wow that's like 3 seconds less lag than Splatoon 1 had at any given time. Japan closing in on figuring out ~the internet~

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Night Blade posted:

Yes, its an incredibly lovely situation that becomes more and more apparent when you climb the ranks. Its why I stopped bothering with the game in Splatoon 1 after reaching S+. Peer to Peer combined with an exclusive japanese playerbase and low tick rate means that you're playing an entirely different game from your opponents, and that poo poo wasnt fun.

Lol wow.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Zeruel posted:

I uhh, just found this

Man i hate when that happens

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Supercar Gautier posted:

They have had a slight nerf (they get less powerful over time so you've got to keep applying them), but the simple reason you don't see them much is that barely any weapons have them.

I really wish fewer weapons had Point Sensor and had a splat/suction grenade instead. I've never had a situation where it's been useful.

edit: Out of curiosity, does the Olive Hoodie still exist, or is at as I suspect and the new Hero Replica uniform is it?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I really wish fewer weapons had Point Sensor and had a splat/suction grenade instead. I've never had a situation where it's been useful.

edit: Out of curiosity, does the Olive Hoodie still exist, or is at as I suspect and the new Hero Replica uniform is it?

Yeah the way they "balanced" guns by giving them a niche sub weapon sucks. Basically anything remotely capable of killing from the 3 line range will either have point sensor or mist.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Mist can be mildly annoying in Rainmaker

I think I've hit people with the point sensor twice in tens of hours of gameplay and it was useful to see someone about to ambush me once

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Neat little graphic detail I noticed is that squids leave a little trail when they travel through the ink since it's so thick

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Ink mines kinda own. The damage isn't great, but the way that you can set them and forget them plus the fact that everybody knows when somebody steps one makes them really useful for defending chokepoints, and also just in general.

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, I like subweapons way too much to play anything that's just toxic mist or point sensor. Especially if it's just point sensor.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
For anybody doing the salmon run today make sure you hold down the trigger when using the clash blaster. If you tap it you only get half the fire rate.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Zeruel posted:

I uhh, just found this

That almost looks as if it ricocheted off the shipping container behind them and hit them that way. Can that even happen w/ snipers?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Point sensor owns and is extremely useful in ranked.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I make do with a Point Sensor since the Splattershot Pro is the gun I like most right now, but I'd much rather have a bomb or a sprinkler to go with it. Well, maybe not a burst bomb.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Got my old combo back

Also Blue Hoodie is nice too

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm planning to try the Nozzlenose again tonight. I swear there's a half second delay between hitting someone and their death whenever I use the nozzlenoses or the .96 gal

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Neat little graphic detail I noticed is that squids leave a little trail when they travel through the ink since it's so thick

This is exactly what the stealth swimming power negates

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
ink storm is so overpowering that I'm fine with the SSP having a weaker sub

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Cicadas! posted:

Ink mines kinda own. The damage isn't great, but the way that you can set them and forget them plus the fact that everybody knows when somebody steps one makes them really useful for defending chokepoints, and also just in general.

In turf war, if you get control of the center, i consider ink mines to be the best sub straight up. It becomes really difficult for the opposing team to gain access to the center since they show up in the middle pre-damaged, point-sensored, and slowed down in enemy ink (assuming you've figured out where to put your mines).

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lakbay posted:

Looks like a BMX helmet I like it because it has garish colors:

Taste the Rainbow

80s squids will understand

gently caress I need that jacket

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

JethroMcB posted:

I almost did a spit take, no joke.

holy loving poo poo

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Gimbal lock posted:

This is exactly what the stealth swimming power negates

The trail actually remains with Ninja Squid! It just eliminates the splashing. At least, that's the case in the weapon test area. I haven't looked close enough in an actual match.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/WesleySploon/status/892043187644227584

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

How is difficulty decided on Salmon Run if I make a friends lobby and then open it to randoms? I am Profreshional and want to play with a friend who just bought the game but that could be a sharp learning curve.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You could just make a new user on your switch since it'll start off fresh just to play with your friend

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Night Blade posted:

This was for the test fire back in March, do we have updated numbers? I can't find them anywhere. 12.5hz seems insane and it's half what it was for the first Splatoon.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Zeruel posted:

I uhh, just found this

Everybody who uses the Splatter "lmao three hits to kill, yeah sure" shot knows this

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That new stage looks rad. I don't like that it'll be just for Splatfest.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Dugong posted:

How is difficulty decided on Salmon Run if I make a friends lobby and then open it to randoms? I am Profreshional and want to play with a friend who just bought the game but that could be a sharp learning curve.

It seems to match people based on rank pretty well, but if your friends lobby includes yourself or a friend who is vastly higher than each other you will be put in somewhere between, and it seems to unfortunately lean towards the higher level player not the lower level one. I don't like this.

Lakbay posted:

You could just make a new user on your switch since it'll start off fresh just to play with your friend

This is a decent workaround, but means you forgo any rewards.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Zaphod42 posted:

It seems to match people based on rank pretty well, but if your friends lobby includes yourself or a friend who is vastly higher than each other you will be put in somewhere between, and it seems to unfortunately lean towards the higher level player not the lower level one. I don't like this.

i regularly get vastly less eggs and points when i'm profreshional queuing with my more casual friends thna when i'm dropped down to overachiever so yeah i agree a bit

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

If you think chargers didn't need some nerfing from splatoon 1 then you're part of the problem and I laugh at you.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Most maps could be completely controlled with a team of 4 Custom E-liter 3K Scopes. It was unreal.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Chargers are balanced by 99% of the people using them being insanely bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you join with your friend it definitely just uses the highest available rank as he difficulty setting.