Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

LethalGeek posted:

If you think chargers didn't need some nerfing from splatoon 1 then you're part of the problem and I laugh at you.

Emptyquote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
I can't wait to get home from work so I can focus on my second (and more important) job at Grizzco.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
while they tweaked how salmon run pay grades work between e3 and launch, I have to wonder how bad profeshional game journalists are at splatoon

quote:

Following our triumph at 5%, we wanted to put Salmon Run's difficulty to the limit. The Nintendo representative giving our demo said that 40% was the highest difficulty people on the Nintendo E3 team could beat. We decided to set the difficulty on 100% just to see how overwhelming it can get. Right from the start, a huge group of blindingly fast Salmonid creatures unlike anything we saw in our 5% run swarmed us and annihilated our entire team. The image you see below is a screenshot from one of our phone's stopwatch app showing how long we lasted.

they lasted 25 seconds

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

dragon enthusiast posted:

while they tweaked how salmon run pay grades work between e3 and launch, I have to wonder how bad profeshional game journalists are at splatoon

they lasted 25 seconds

To be fair, if you're not ready for the night events they will absolutely wreck you

Hell, even if you are ready, sometimes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I mean, every time I've seen a new kind of wave pop up it was a surprise, and I had to figure it out with the help of teammates who had already seen it, that's not too surprising to get blindsided by glowflies on a second play of the mode ever

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Rarely, but just sometimes, you manage to clear the center on your own. You shout "to me!", but nobody shows up. Not until an enemy trio spawns at once and fall on your rear end.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Got to Overachiever in Salmon Run and I now feel fine with declaring it to easily be my favorite shooter PvE mode. It fixes my main issues I have with those modes, enemies never get bullet spongy and the sessions never last to long.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This Salmon Run really sucks when the splatterscope player isn't on top of killing steelheads.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Yeah Salmon run is ridiculously fun, I'm very excited to see what updates it receives. I do want to try some discord sessions with some non spergy goons one of these days. I've only played Freelance so far.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I don't care what bad things people might have to say about the blaster, a single hit kill is really good.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
Does ninja squid make it so you an swim around and no one can tell you are there, so you can pop up and brush their face to death?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Coolspaz posted:

Does ninja squid make it so you an swim around and no one can tell you are there, so you can pop up and brush their face to death?

Yes. It doesn't work when you swim up walls though.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Coolspaz posted:

That's the idea, yeah

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Yeah, all weapon types are good and anyone who says different doesn't know how to use them properly.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Yeah, all weapon types are good and anyone who says different doesn't know how to use them properly.

I imagine some are better than others but yeah in general that

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I just learned that you can go into ink deficit.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Also, don't go deep into enemy territory to ink when we don't have control over our own area you dummies. They'll spend way less time and effort repainting that area then you'll spend getting back over there. Ambush from behind or something if you're already over there but don't stick around.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 31, 2017

Spellman
May 31, 2011

They should've made these Splatfests run on Splatoon Wii U too at the same time as the Switch

Not that it's a huge deal but it would be cool for the people who haven't made the leap yet

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spellman posted:

They should've made these Splatfests run on Splatoon Wii U too at the same time as the Switch

Not that it's a huge deal but it would be cool for the people who haven't made the leap yet

I just hope they last longer for 2. They killed them off way too early in Splatoon 1.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

I just hope they last longer for 2. They killed them off way too early in Splatoon 1.

2 years they said for Splatoon 2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

They kept me coming back to that game, seemed like every other splatfest I'd play a bunch for the weekend, remember why I loved the game and then play a few games of ranked every day for the next month. I'm looking forward to doing the same with this game

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Stringbean posted:

2 years they said for Splatoon 2

Good.

https://twitter.com/seanmcbay/status/892151656812470273
The best part of each new day is seeing the posts in the square.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/891946780765470726

New stage exclusive to Splatfest: The Twilight Zone.

It's Shifty Station in English, according to the splatnet API.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I wish the people punching in these dithered posts would bother to make sure they look nice. A lot of them are just way too noisy and would benefit from better contrast management or a little stylistic license. Now that the "Whoa look what I can do" novelty is wearing off I expect a higher caliber of machine-generated pixel-posting.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Huh, actually won a round a man down.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I wish the people punching in these dithered posts would bother to make sure they look nice. A lot of them are just way too noisy and would benefit from better contrast management or a little stylistic license. Now that the "Whoa look what I can do" novelty is wearing off I expect a higher caliber of machine-generated pixel-posting.

Most of them don't remotely know how to alter images beyond "the website said use photoshop to convert to 3index color whatever that means"

So yeah

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Some are bad in some modes... but that's as far as it goes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zaphod42 posted:

Most of them don't remotely know how to alter images beyond "the website said use photoshop to convert to 3index color whatever that means"

So yeah

Some are bad in some modes... but that's as far as it goes.

Chargers are bad in turf and areospray is bad in ranked but you can do well with those even in those modes if you're good enough.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Falling in the water during salmon run is so humiliating... :negative:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Do I seriously have to do what I think they're asking me to do to grab that Sunken Scroll on Stage 19? :argh:

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Do I seriously have to do what I think they're asking me to do to grab that Sunken Scroll on Stage 19? :argh:

it's actually not that hard and there's a platform directly underneath the hard part in case you gently caress up

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Just had a match where someone was idling. Not at spawn, but on the other side of the map. Eventually they started moving, but at the end of the round (we lost of course) the player scored a whopping 18 points using the ink brush. I don't even know what was going on. My only guess is they did a super jump and had no idea how to close the map and just stood around.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

GI_Clutch posted:

Just had a match where someone was idling. Not at spawn, but on the other side of the map. Eventually they started moving, but at the end of the round (we lost of course) the player scored a whopping 18 points using the ink brush. I don't even know what was going on. My only guess is they did a super jump and had no idea how to close the map and just stood around.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I don't think I'm awful at this game but I have like a 40:60 win rate. I'm usually in the top 2. I think the game hates my squid's dumb ugly beanie/dress shoe combo. I mean I sure do

Edit: I got hiking shoes and puffy vest, all has been rectified

alarumklok fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 1, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Y'know, there are multiple bosses per round of Salmon Run. It's really common to end up with more eggs than you need in each run.

So don't stand at the edge of the map guarding one or two loose eggs shouting "THIS WAY" while everyone else has to fight the other bosses

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I know it's only Turf War and I know it's prime literal child whooping time but I just went 16-1 and my one loss I fragged harder than on any of my wins.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I don't know when it happened but I used to really hate splat zones more than everything else and now the stupidity of my team in rainmakers is really getting loving old

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Chargers are glorious in Turf Wars... The amount of space you can cover with one shot adds up over time, and its stopping power is great. I unlocked the one with Ink Wall sub and the Bomb Rush special. It's amazing, don't think I ever get under 800 base using it.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
So I should scrub this splatfest tee every time it's fully leveled shouldn't I

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Granbar posted:

So I should scrub this splatfest tee every time it's fully leveled shouldn't I

Scrubbing it after it gets 1 level is the fastest way to get ability chunks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I'm kinda starting to hate this game now because of ranked mode. I am SO loving sick of grinding up matches with teammates that have zero map awareness whatsoever. Just let me play with people who aren't idiots already, for the love of god. I can't do grinding up 3 separate modes individually, this is hell.

Even at B rank it feels like 90% of players have only bothered to learn ONE route through each map to the enemy base. There's at least two if not more on every single map, by design. And yet, even if the guy carrying the rainmaker goes one way and you can see the icon telling you "he's over there" they will just continue to go off on their own and race to the enemy base the only way they know how. Its so loving frustrating.

Turf war is chill but feels less exciting than objective modes :( game needs a better party system