Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon - The Orphanage

Hakon gave Mistress Greybeard the list. It was almost certainly unnecessary strictly speaking, he could no doubt simply use the Eye from the moment the Orc entered the door, but Hakon hungered for the orc, and using restraints during the process, to reinforce at a visceral level to the orc that he was owned was helpful.

When the orc entered the orphanage, things were strangely quiet. Walking into the common room, he saw the children standing in a large group, all staring at him. Then the door closed behind him and as one they fell upon him and he lost consciousness. He awoke to a dwarven woman putting drops in his eyes from some sort of phile. He tried to blink, but to his horror his eyelids were being held open, even his eye was being held straightforward, looking at an empty chair across from him. He tries to struggle, but he cannot move a muscle in his entire body, he is tied in place by dozens of belts ensuring he could not make even the smallest movement. Then Hakon sat in the chair across from the orc, a hungry smile on his face. “I see you are secure, good.” He looks the orc over, “I can see the fear in your eyes, but you don’t need to worry about that or what’s happening or why you’re here. You will understand your place in the world soon enough. All you have to do is look...” he places the Eye on a holder just in front of the Orc’s restrained face, and its begins to glow softly at first but more intensely with each passing moment, “listen to my voice…” Hakon continues taking his seat such that he would be visible through the gem, “and obey.”

For the next few hours, Hakon speaks, as the Orc can do nothing but stare helplessly at the Eye as its pulsing light bored into his mind and soul. The human took his time, working with utmost thoroughness and intensity. Speaking to the orc of how he would love Hakon more intensely than he had felt about anything before this moment, about how he would worship Hakon with every fiber of his being, about how Hakon was his God, his Master, his entire universe, about how nothing in the world mattered or would ever truly matter except Hakon. He made sure the orc would see him as the very picture of perfection, his every feature beautiful beyond words, his voice the very ideal of commanding and better than the finest symphony, even his scent the most wonderful smell imaginable. He continued, working each theme again and again until he was certain every beat of the orc’s heart from this moment forward would be a prayer of devotion to him, every word and thought existing solely to please him, until the orcs feelings towards him would be so intense and devoted that everyone else would seem empty and hollow by comparison, inducing a sort of focused sociopathy such that everyone and everything else would exist for the orc only as objects to be used to please his master.

On top of that Hakon went to great lengths to ensure that his new thrall would be filled with bliss at the mere notion of serving his master. That the feeling of blessed purpose that came with the knowledge that Hakon owned him down to his soul would be addictive. Hakon wanted to make it so that the orc would be able to push through pain and injury on his behalf, that whatever limits his mind imposed on him would be as nothing compared with the all consuming obsession to please his master. Finally, Hakon tried to instill in the orc the desire to be his master’s most obedient and useful slave. He would always be seeking to be stronger,faster better, more loyal, more devoted, more obedient. He would not be a puppet, but an active agent seeking always to better please the master he worshiped deep within every cell of his body.

When it was finished, Hakon took back the gem, and undid the restraints. Taking his seat once more as the trance faded, he spoke, “So now do you understand your place?”

Hakon’s gonna use the Eye of Davos[+2] to brainwash the orc. He’s not aiming for regular thrall programing, rather he’s trying to make the orc into his Hand, so utterly and completely devoted to him that normal thralls seem like rebels by comparison. As part of that, beyond just making the orc worship him with every fiber of his being he’s trying to instill a never ending desire to be a more useful and more loyal slave. Also, trying to induce a sort of limited sociopathy where to the orc Hakon is the only real person and everyone and everything else are just objects to be used to please Hakon.

Hakon is being driven by his gluttony to try and own the orc utterly and completely, without restraint. Going for the max bonus here, Gluttony[+6] and gaining 3 FP as Hakon is completely giving in to his vice.

Valhawk fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jul 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself
Patak - Hunter Caravan | FP 5

Patak followed the lead ranger, trying to stay out of earshot of the newcomers.

"In my homeland I have fought the gods themselves. So unless you have us in a Terrasque den let me hear your theory."

I ain't afriad of no undefined threat.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Silth - Host/Alfie - Bookstore

Host/Alfie looked both ways before closing the alleyway door behind him, locking it tight. No more interruptions. And speaking of interruptions, the sudden interjections of the memory-engram disgruntled Silth. Such things should not be possible, and it took satisfaction in silencing the engram. It had no desire to listen to the inane prattle of a semi-aware human mind.

Instead, Silth turned its attention to its current situation; Slate-Iron City. Host/Alfie's knowledge of the place was impressive, but inadequate for Silth's purposes. If Silth was ever going to escape, or, failing that, tear down this strange human society, it would need to understand every facet of its workings. And it couldn't simply rely on Host/Alfie's understanding of it all. It would need to study the world for itself.

The business would distract from its research, but luckily no one would think twice to see Good Ol' Alfie sitting behind his desk, pouring over books in between customers...

Silth is researching Slate-Iron City and the world it sits in. Using The Gleaning [+2] to tap Alfie's knowledge and scholarly ability, and Guile [+2] to see things or make connections a human might miss.

Silth will also (obviously) maintain the identity of Alfie during this time, including his business.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 15, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Emilio Ughi - The Golden Crane Inn
Flaw Points: 2

"Ahh, but a true merchant is always ready, my friend! Ready for ever better deals, haha!" Emilio spoke through a smile, even though he was clutching his chest. Seems like he had found some limits for his book. And some information on why it was named the way it was. Because even though he had never felt a pain quite like the one he just did, he had some... intuitive understanding where exactly he had been struck.

Haha.

Seems like he really did have to become the veritable devil at the crossroads, as spoken of in Amagnian myth. Briefly, Emilio wondered what his father would think, before discarding that thought.

"And speaking of deals, I have just some new ones in mind! Tell me, you were a rather unfortunate vagrant before I helped you, yes? Would you happen to know others of your ilk? Some who are already almost dead, but that have friends or family or loved ones in dire circumstances they would do anything for to help? Ahaha, if so, I'd like them guided to me! For I can give them exactly what they want..."

Emilio scratched his chin a bit, "...Oh! And before I forget, could you fill me in on details on this 'Dark Cardinal' while you're at it? Always good to have information on your marks, my dad used to say, ahaha!"

Emilio has a very clever idea, including some thought on how the Ledger works! Have my mooks bring kindly, but dying vagrants willing to sacrifice themselves for the sake of loved ones or family. Social Chameleon [+2] and Merchant [4] to have them sell their souls to me (Emilio will describe it as them getting annihilated for the good of their family, the magic has to be somehow powered after all, make it sound as palatable as possible), and feed said souls to the Ledger to power it up again. For exchange, the Ledger helps their family or other chosen targer in some positive way (that is, no vengeance or maiming, nothing TOO flashy, since Emilio does not want even more attention right now).

Wishmaster [+2] to use my cool plan if it succeeds.

Oh, also asking Sally for more info on the Dark Cardinal.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita - Proving Ground

Nikita surveyed the area, arms crossed. A team of swordsman, and a team of archers, versus a like amount of men plus a team with spears. He was not a tactician but he knew enough to know this entire scenario was against him. Outnumbered, and if they did not hurry, fighting an uphill battle.

As they assembled at the starting point, he tried to think of something clever but nothing came to mind. Isiah no doubt knew exactly how to handle such a situation, but he was a man born to this sort of thing.

"You men. As soon as the battle start, you will rush to the flag. Take defensive positions and protect the archers. Archers, just rain merry hell down on the enemy. Focus on the pikemen. If we take the high ground first, the enemy archers will be at a disadvantage. Likewise, the swordsmen still need to get in close to be effective. So we handle the men with reach. After that, focus on the archers while our own swordsmen hold off their counterparts. And stick to your positions no matter what! Once melee is joined, the enemy archers will hit as many of their men as ours. Don't make it any easier for them to pick out targets. Meanwhile, I will circle around and come at them from the rear. It don't expect to accomplish a telling blow, but it will delay and distract them so you can get to the flag."

Hardly the most brilliant plan ever concocted.

Once the exercise begins, Nikita will split off from his men and try to circle around behind the opposing force. With luck they won't expect it and he can take out some of their numbers. At the very least it will slow them down for the few moments needed to deal with him. He expects to be incapacitated, but it might just give his own men advantage enough to win the day. Indomitable +2 to stay on his feet for as long as possible. Calling upon his flaw of Man of the People at +4 in return for accruing 2 FP to hang on as long as he can for the sake of his own team while avoiding any lasting damage to his foes. It's surprisingly easy to accidentally cripple or kill a person in the heat of battle, but this is an exercise, no more. His appearance will leave men wary but that can be overcome. Murder, even by accident, is far more difficult to wash away.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Isiah Incipio - Proving Grounds

"Good afternoon. I have seen similar games, but I am new to this city and every city I visited on my way here had different rules. Can you teach me the specific rules you play with?" Isiah had some some skill at strategy games, but he was better in the field than on the board. He would play this game cautiously and conservatively. Draw it and give him more time to work the courtiers skills he had been taught as a prince. In Isiah's eyes, this opportunity to gain the friendship and support of one who is clearly a very senior advisor is much more valuable than any trifling benefit to be gained by focusing solely on the test.

Gonna chat White Hair up and make a friend
Warrior Prince +4 for schmoozing over a wargame

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Thank you for your mercy. I will use it to the best effect for our collective story.

Riley - Behind a Seamstress Shop, Dreaming In Riley's Sanctuary

The man's dream made Riley laugh. The woman's dream made Riley bored. The child's dream made Riley curious. Slate-Iron City sounded worse than home. Before coming here, Riley hadn't considered that such places existed.

Riley wanted to meet the kid who dreamed of being in class. She took the next chance she got to find them in the dream world. Once on the other side, Riley reconstructed one of her mental sanctuaries: a dilapidated cabin in a green place that she called Overgrown Park. She invited the other child over to her dream with a greeting.

"Hi. I'm Riley. Wanna play?"

I'll roll [Dream Weaver +4] to set up the play date.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Amerigo Hieronymus Location: Merchant Caravan
1 FP

Amerigo remains quiet at the little musical interlude and waits for it to finish and the audience reaction to dim before speaking. "So, this leg of the journey, is there anything especially dangerous, or is it just business as usual?"

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

Ksenija Ceranic - The UnderMountain Inn
The walk was short. The businesses just opening around Ksenija. As she walked by the Blacksmith's business she saw him being arrested. A few fruit cart merchants gossiping said they found a body cored out from the inside being eaten by dogs and underpredators behind his business. A well muscled dwarf said nothing as he was taken away in chains. He stared at Ksenija as if he was about to ask for help. But said nothing.

The UnderMountain Inn loomed like a guided but squat bird of glory. It's proprietor, a blond bearded dwarf woman threw a sign towards the scene like to ward off evil. "Bad business that. The local guild has been eyeing his stall for almost 50 years. Now they can take it. You look in for a room luv?" She sniffed but was too polite to say anything about Ksenija's smell or poor clothes.

Your streetsmarts let you avoid something and put you at the most lax standard inn while not being a divebar/motel. You can pass the scene outside and get rest / cleaned up if you want. It's 10 gold per night. A platinum coin is worth 1000 gold.

Hakon - The Orphanage
The Orc arrived and was surprised when he was jumped by 50 orphans. Like the old mythological question asked in taverns by only the drunkest of men. How many orphans can he take in a fight? Apparently this orc could take on 30. Non-lethally. He stayed his hand at truly harming them.

He awoke to a dwarven woman putting drops in his eyes from some sort of phile. He tried to blink, but to his horror his eyelids were being held open, even his eye was being held straightforward, looking at an empty chair across from him. He tries to struggle, but he cannot move a muscle in his entire body, he is tied in place by dozens of belts ensuring he could not make even the smallest movement. Then Hakon sat in the chair across from the orc, a hungry smile on his face. “I see you are secure, good.” He looks the orc over, “I can see the fear in your eyes, but you don’t need to worry about that or what’s happening or why you’re here. You will understand your place in the world soon enough. All you have to do is look...” he places the Eye on a holder just in front of the Orc’s restrained face, and its begins to glow softly at first but more intensely with each passing moment, “listen to my voice…” Hakon continues taking his seat such that he would be visible through the gem, “and obey.”

For the next few hours, Hakon speaks, as the Orc can do nothing but stare helplessly at the Eye as its pulsing light bored into his mind and soul. The human took his time, working with utmost thoroughness and intensity. Speaking to the orc of how he would love Hakon more intensely than he had felt about anything before this moment, about how he would worship Hakon with every fiber of his being, about how Hakon was his God, his Master, his entire universe, about how nothing in the world mattered or would ever truly matter except Hakon. He made sure the orc would see him as the very picture of perfection, his every feature beautiful beyond words, his voice the very ideal of commanding and better than the finest symphony, even his scent the most wonderful smell imaginable. He continued, working each theme again and again until he was certain every beat of the orc’s heart from this moment forward would be a prayer of devotion to him, every word and thought existing solely to please him, until the orcs feelings towards him would be so intense and devoted that everyone else would seem empty and hollow by comparison, inducing a sort of focused sociopathy such that everyone and everything else would exist for the orc only as objects to be used to please his master.

On top of that Hakon went to great lengths to ensure that his new thrall would be filled with bliss at the mere notion of serving his master. That the feeling of blessed purpose that came with the knowledge that Hakon owned him down to his soul would be addictive. Hakon wanted to make it so that the orc would be able to push through pain and injury on his behalf, that whatever limits his mind imposed on him would be as nothing compared with the all consuming obsession to please his master. Finally, Hakon tried to instill in the orc the desire to be his master’s most obedient and useful slave. He would always be seeking to be stronger,faster better, more loyal, more devoted, more obedient. He would not be a puppet, but an active agent seeking always to better please the master he worshiped deep within every cell of his body.

When it was finished, Hakon took back the gem, and undid the restraints. Taking his seat once more as the trance faded, he spoke, “So now do you understand your place?”

A voice spoke in Hakon's mind.
<"I LOVE YOU. You are my existence I am of you and you are me. Our souls are bound together in love and harmony. Nothing else exists for me but to be your everything as you are to me. Beat me kill me destroy me. NOTHING. Not even death will keep me from you and your light. I will tell you the many ways I will cherish you and your mastery. I will...">

The litany went on through many variations. There was no pause as the orc breathed deep of Hakon's musky sent and stared at him unblinking in pure adoration, submission, and love. Mistress Greybeard grew concerned. "I'll run out of drops at this rate. Seems like you did a different number on him. He's a different orc now. I can tell."

The eye went dark. Spent.

Hakon and his orc captive are now linked mentally. Hakon could feel the orc empathically. His feelings adoration, submission. Also when close, they could share their thoughts telepathically. Even the orcs discomfort and pain. The effect was duller when distant. Hakon will have to be careful with that. The Orc is essentially a meat terminator, he will not stop until he is destroyed. (He is not bulletproof just describing his mindset.) Also you can rename him. Something more fitting. You gain the following mortal quality: Alpha and Omega Servant [+2]> Doing more like him may change this into something else. The eye is currently exhausted. It may be continued used at damage to Hakon's being.

The man looked around nervously then started to drink. When he'd had some more liquid courage, the man spoke:
"I speak not of god nor devil ye see. But of life lost and the Kursed Three. One an undead giant, of the true blooded kind. Ten meters tall and armored beside. It's club a slayer of man, beast, and children add to it's crimes. The second is a dracolich it's bones more ancient than time. It flies the underskies searching for prey to feed it's hunger and cruel mind. Magic and dark shadowfire so cold it burns even in water or brine. The last is no beast, but a human cursed by the last of the wise. A vampire of souls which no holy light can hurt or divine. It heals from pain and suffering and feeds on life force through fangs sharper than a trine.
These are the three that wipe out monsters and mortalkind..."

"Shut. Up." Yelled someone trying to sleep. "Your dumb legends are meaningless out here. Only an idiot or someone more brave than had sense would seek these unliving monsters out. If they're clearing the wilds, I say let them do it."

The now drunk man looked sheepish. But Patak could feel the the necromantic truth to these tales.

Copy that floppy. You do have an artifact made for this mission. The Kursed Three were not mentioned as being together or even operating in the same parts of the wilds. Patak can continue on his hunter trip or go for the big game.

Silth - Host/Alfie - Bookstore

The Alfie engram died with a whisper.
The map of the region and Slate-Iron city's position on it was one of the first books Silth saw. The ruling six were named. The laws were mostly normal as far as mortal bipeds were concerned. But the enforcement and penalties were harsh. Very harsh. Slavery, dismemberment, death. A book on mythology seemed to be the history of the place. Silth found a book that stated that the church of darkness was the authority on which books were deemed heretical, the enforcer judged which books were anarchistic. So beyond slate iron city and the region it was in, no news of other towns and other regions or even a world map were available here. However there was a banned library in the black tower and the HQ of the church of darkness. This last bit of information was one of the engram's memories.

Silth gleans all previous information posted before this post. If he wants a complete world map and the inner workings of the govt he will need to get into the banned libraries of either the black tower(enforcers, magus) or the HQ of the church of darkness (church, cardinal of darkness home to the crystal of darkness.).

"I do have friends that might take your deals." Sally said frowning. "I said I'd help you not give up my morality. If they take the deal that's their choice. I don't have any 'details' on the dark cardinal. My gifts let me detect that he found you. Not give me insight into his well wardedmind or any of his secrets." She thought for a minute. "He's a scary motherfucker. I didn't know my sight was taken to give one of his family members her sight. In any case he can call upon the crystal, his own dark miracles sourced from who knows where, and call upon the crusaders, knights, and inquisitors of the church to name a few of his tricks. That's just regular Sally knowledge. Likely he will call in favors of the other lords, send assassins the like until we are all dead. And just to warn you these pros will not be in the mood to talk or defect since you seem to be a newcomer to this city and hard underworld facts and life."

"These people are powerful and grind normals like us like one would ants. They have made mighty enemies disappear to get where they are. Be carefull Emilio." Sally advised.

Fewer downtrodden showed up than Emilio expected. About six of them. They balked at the soul deal. They were desperate but basically annihilation of their immortal souls was just too much. They were going to leave if Emilio didn't fix the deal somehow

Literally an impossible DC a deal no one would want. No one. Also you lucked out they didn't. It would have been the first time a PC killed themselves due to rank damage from artifact use.
Sally gives you what she has.

Nikita - Goal's Tent
Nikita's plan wasn't brillant but he and his men more than made up for it in tenacity. There were several points once battle was met that things almost ended in disaster for Nikita. The other in command of the second force was a much better strategist and countered easily. It as the charge by Nikita that took the enemy forces by surprise, allowing his archers to rain down on those below from the high ground. Another stroke of strength and luck, Nikita had knocked the other commander unconscious.

A horn blew and Nikita's men cheered. They had won!

Nikita's guide took him back to Goals tent to wait for Incepio. "Any questions you wish to ask before your friend arrives?"

Nikita wins! Goal the Black gives him a moment to ask some questions.

Isiah Incipio - whitebeard's Tent
The white haired man chats with Isiah for a while. Showing him the rules [it's just chess with different style pieces underworld themed]. The man seemed to take a shine to you. "This has been most enjoyable Isiah but I still must test you. Are you ready to begin?" The man was all business.

You can call this man friendly, and he could someday become your greatest friend. You both hit it off. But that has nothing to do with how he will test you. He respects you too much now to ever take it easy on you. Shall you play a game?

Riley - Behind a Seamstress Shop, Dreaming In Riley's Sanctuary

"Sure I'm Mindy!" The girl said. And took off laughing. Mindy and Riley played and laughed and had great childhood adventures. Time had no meaning in the dreamworld and yet it did. Mindy told Riley, "I wish I could stay forever!" In that way that only children could. But Riley would soon need to wake. Her body was not....
safe.

You have a dream friend. One you can find anywhere on this plane of existence.

An arrow took the man through the neck and he died painfully before he could answer! "BANDITS!" screamed someone. Merchants dove for cover amongst wagons circled around the campfires. Armsmen, merchant private guards, and caravan guards all shouted and pulled hand crossbows, bows, and slings. Arrows and projectiles flew back and forth. Sometimes killing someone in the darkness and sometimes killing someone in the firelight.

"For Ishmal and his golden beeeeeeez!" The bandits cried and charged the barricades. Red skinned orcs lead the charge with feral looking dwarves berserker looking axemen following. They seemed to be directed by a lethal cadre of dark elves.
Amerigo touched his gun. Underneath it was an odd barrel he hasn't noticed. It said, "Incendiary Grenade". There was a wire that went to a button beside the trigger. What an odd thing to notice in a fight.

Carvan going to get rekt. Fight or run son!

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 28, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1 FP

Just one thing after another in this drat shithole. Amerigo decides its time to earn his pay. Running is tempting but this is one of those thing where a rout may well equal death. Besides, where is he going to run to? And now it appears his pistol has some kind of petard launcher embedded in it. Oh well, stranger things have happened this past day. He takes aim at the ones that appear to be leading and pushes The Button. Godsdamn, he is starting to turn into an anti-pointyeared racist.

Fighting. Aiming the 'nade at the elves. [Full Frontal Liberty+4] for fight-mans.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

"By all means. I'll play black. Any fool can win with a better army; the true test of a leader is how he performs at a disadvantage." Isiah knew that in a game between equally skilled players, the first player in this game would have a significant advantage by being able to set the tempo. He was tempted to make use of this advantage but decided to gamble on securing a more impressive victory by playing black. That's how he justified it to himself. In truth, the murderous whispers of Lich's Bane were making the one-time prince increasingly comfortable with darkness.

Beat White Hair's pants off.
Warrior Prince +4 for strategizing up a victory

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Silth - Host/Alfie - Bookstore ---> Church?

Host/Alfie idly ate a piece of fruit, or whatever passed for fruit in this place, while he paged through a book. Human bodies were so particular about the nutrition necessary to maintain them.

According to its research, and the information gleaned from its host, the true nature of the world and whatever lay outside of this city was kept hidden from the general populace. But dark, secret Libraries existed; one in the Tower, the other in some sort of Church. Ordinary citizens were likely not permitted to wander the Tower, so that avenue was blocked for the time being. But the Church... there a human might go and sit and not warrant a second glance. If he were lucky. And this Crystal; some sort of power source? Silth still wrestled with the human's concept of magic, but it seemed identical to the concept of technology. Or close enough. The Crystal, too, might hold opportunity.

Host/Alfie finished his fruit, disposing of the core. He would have to close the shop for a day, or find time after hours. Either way; he was going to church.

Silth will perform reconnaissance at Church while appearing as a layperson. The Gleaning [+2] to know where to go and what to say to appear a believer, true of Alfie or not, while Guile [+2] is used to spot both potential threats and potential targets.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 15, 2017

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon - The Orphanage

After hearing Mistress Greybeard's complaint, Hakon mentally orders the orc to blink normally, and he obeys. "Your name..." Hakon thinks for a second, trying to determine a proper name for his greatest servant. Several minutes pass as he ponders, then once more he speak's aloud, "will be Daor." Tearing himself away from Daor's adoration for a time, he looks upon the eye. That it has gone dark is worrying, but somehow he can feel it recharging, and that knowledge reassures him. He would have to bide his time until it completed recharging. Fortunately, he had resources he could use in the meantime. So, Hakon orders his spies to learn what their was to learn of the local wealthy, to see if they could identify any potential targets for enthrallment. Still trying to stay unnoticed, Hakon directed them to focus on recluses or others who were not as engaged in the social life of the city. The type who no one would notice if they weren't attending parties or inviting over guests. However, he stressed to them how crucial it was that they be wealthy. After all, he needed more accommodations more befitting his status, and having some walking around money would be nice as well.

Best of all, while his spies were out searching for a wealthy target, he could relax, luxuriating in being waited on hand and foot by his newest and most devoted servant. A taste of the good life that would just get better as time went on.

Hakon's just gonna chill and be waited on by his new servant Daor while his Minor Spy Ring[+2] identifies potential rich targets to be thralled.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

"And let them clear us as well?" Patak retorted. He ruminated on the sparse information well into the night. The Giant might well be the easiest foe, the warlord's might against the undead giant. The Dracolich would be difficult, perhaps a good cloak bolstered by the Banner? A vampire...healed...by pain and suffering? Would it not then be likely that healing and restoration magic might harm it? In the morning, or the post-sleep in this maddening dark realm, he emptied out his coinpurse. "I think we are close to the grounds of one of the fabled Kursed. I smell foul necromancy. I have payment fair for a cloak, a potion of healing, and provisions. If I live I will return to you with a trophy and a share of the glory for those who aid me now. If I die, well, I died well in an honorable effort against a vile foe."

Offering all the coin I have left for A good cloak, a Healing Potion, and some undefined provisions. Going to use +2 of Warlord to cover boasting and inspiration.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley - Behind a Seamstress Shop

That was fun! When you stop having fun playing, you've grown up, and then you might as well be dead. But you can't stay in the dream world if something in the waking world demands attention.

Riley is going to wake up, hoping that her hideout gives her the drop on any danger. [Sneaky +2]

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita - Gaol's Tent

Nikita mostly wished to ask what an orc was, and if red was a normal color for them to be, but that seemed ill advised. He opted for a more directly relevant line of inquiry.

"Lord Isiah and I were informed you were recruiting after a harsh time in the badlands. Gigants and such." He made certain to keep his voice level and vaguely disinterested, as if he knew exactly what a gigant was. "Just so I know what to expect, are you planning on avenging yourself against them? Or are there other contracts being considered? Doesn't matter much to me either way. I just do the work put in front of me."

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Ksenija Ceranic - The UnderMountain Inn -> Gear Shopping

Ksenija puts down a platinum coin with a little grin.

"Make sure there's a hot bath for me." She says.

When it's ready and she's sure she's alone Ksenija opens up her laptop, puts on one of her favorite playlists, and jumps in. She spends a good three hours scrubbing herself off. As she works on her toes her mind wanders to a question she's been avoiding: what next? Ksenija barely knows where she is, only that the cops were still cops and she should probably never step into another gambling establishment in this part of town. Where was this? Especially in relation to Perdition City. One of Hannah's favorite songs come up, and Ksenija remembers how she'd sing along in her adorable stuttering voice. Tears come down Ksenija's face. She cries until her face hurts and the bath is cold. When they finally stop she feels a little clearer, focused. She'll get home, she'll kiss Hannah again and tell her about all the things she's seen.

Ksenija hoists herself out again and towels off. That's about when she notices her laptop, there's nothing wrong with it persee and that's the interesting thing. Apparently the battery is fine despite the fact it's been running without being recharged for weeks? She shrugs, it was about the least strange thing she'd seen in the past few weeks. In any case, she had more important things to worry about. The next task was to get a reliable cash flow, and with her skillset and this cities tech level that meant one thing - doing other people's dirty work. She'd need gear for that, a laundry list of items runs through her head but first and foremost? New clothes. Everything besides her synthhyde gloves was a total frag. She needs sneaking gear, good stuff too. There had to be black market outfitters, and she'd just have to find them.

Ksenija throws on her dirty clothes again with the greatest reluctance and heads back out. She trusts her instincts to guide her just where she needs to go.

Ksenija will use her Streetsmarts (+2) to attempt to track down sneaking gear from a black market supplier, safely and discreetly.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Emilio Ughi - The Golden Crane Inn -> Caravan out of town, hopefully

"Ahh, I apologize most profusely for suggesting that", Emilio stated in his most convincingly repentant tone, his face the frown of somebody who was truly sorry. Or just someone who was particularly good at lying. "I am still a newcomer you see, and did not realize that the subject was such taboo here. Here, have these coins as my amends", Emilio gave the people a few coins. Not enough to really hit what he had, but a lot to homeless vagrants. Enough to hopefully keeping them from spitefully ratting him out, "And with that, I bid you farewell! Take care, and I hope that fate finds some way to smile upon you again, one day."

The moment that the people left, Emilio's apologetic frown transferred to his usual grin, as he placed a hand on his chin and rubbed it gently. "Ahaha! Information for free, that is not a deal you get everyday, my friend!" Indeed, the fact that the Ledger had seemed non-responsive even to the suggestion of using other souls to power it seemed to indicate that only his own soul could be used to power it. Which was very important, and in hindsight it probably was a stroke of huge luck for him that none bit the bait. Indeed, the fact that the destruction of the ego was such a huge taboo here that people were almost totally unwilling to even consider it (Emilio knew an impossible mark when he saw one) was an interesting bit of trivia in itself, but one less important now that he once again had no incentive to even buy the souls. Hmph, well, he'd just have to mark this one down as merchant's luck!

"Now", Emilio turned to Sally again, "About those assassins you mentioned? Taken that the good gentleman after us was apparently a magus of some kind, would I be correct in guessing they'd be utilizing magical assassins as well? Ahh, I am uncertain if I want to deal with that. Being dead would be bad for our profits, ahaha!" Emilio weighed the money he had gotten from the three noble scions, "Perhaps it is time for us to skip town. Every merchant, especially of certain particular predilections, know when the locals are starting to get a tad too heated for profitable dealmaking. And why, I'd say that time is... right about now, for us lot! Pack your things, Emilio is taking his leave!"

Don't particularly like the sound of unbeatable, unreasonable magic assassins sent by a curmudgeonly noble. Paying for a seat at a caravan for myself, my guards and Sally and skipping town at the next opportunity. Social Chameleon [+2] to sort through strange underdark caravaneer customs and to look like I sort of belong. I suppose Merchant [+4] might come into play to haggle a better deal, but I don't know.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Abdul the Unbound - Deserted Exit Corridor | Promises: None!| FP: 4?

quote:

Abdul went the opposite direction of the exit, freedom, and good sense. While he wandered eventually he came upon the soldiers’ mess hall. The elf leader giggled at Abdul. “Are you serious right now? What the hell are you still doing here! Now we have to do things to you. bad things.”

The entire guard contingent, extremely pissed because they now would be missing their meals, dogpiled on to Abdul and took him down to material rendering. Bound in very large steel bands the elf got into Abdul’s face and spit in it.

“You don't know a good buy when you get one. Now see if you get it. Goodbye.”

The giant machines roared as they took your arm off at the shoulder and pulverized it. Pain. Unnatural and never felt before racked your frame. “How's the price of stupidity feel friend? If you'd taken the dragon’s hint and left, he could have forgotten about you. Now it's too late.” Abdul’s feet were soon fed into the machine, ready to be destroyed. “Give me one good reason we don't crush you to dust one piece at a time! Well? We're waiting.”

Now they have to break something. Take a single rank of damage from your mortal skills.

Pain. It was a new experience for Abdul, but one he did not relish in. Yet, he was not maddened by the event. If anything, it strengthened his resolve. Pain. What a terrible thing to experience. Why would one desire to inflict it upon another? The golem could not understand. No, perhaps, he chose not to understand. To do so, in his mind, would be delving into the deepest depths of madness.The Unbound once more bound, he faced his captors with a stony expression.

“You may do as you please. I will not resist, nor will I scream for your pleasure, even if I had the capacity of doing so. Destroy this one if it is what your hearts desire. And such blackened and ornery hearts they are! Yet I feel not anger, but pity. Pity that men born with a soul could fall so low, that they reap pleasure from torturing those weaker than they. Yes, it is a sad sight indeed. But do as you like. If it gives you pleasure, then in a sense, the end of my life will have had meaning.”

OOC: Body of Shaped Stone goes from +2 to +0. Going for Pacifist [+6] for 3 FP to basically be a dead-fish, and despite what Abdul doing is say, hopefully get these jerks to leave my golem alone by not giving them the anguished satisfaction they’re expecting.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 30, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

1 FP

The explosion obliterated the leading cadre of the bandits in a single shot, momentarily stopping combat for all involved. The merchant guard took the initiative though and with loses sent the bandits packing, leaving behind their dead. Sifting through the wreckage, the merchant leading the expedition held up a fallen bandit's uniform. "This symbol...is from the Grenmalk-City guard. Our destination. This doesn't make any sense! They are one of Slate-iron City's vassals. Loyal to the capitol and the six. Just what is going on there?" Other elves and dwarves were cleaning up the mess. An orc walked up to you and roughly clasped Amerigo on the shoulder laughing. "Whadda you call that thing? Gotta get me one o' them."

You have gained a mortal quality Gun Wizard [+2] Like in a western, reloading won't be a problem. The BOOMSTICK part is out of grenades though.

The game went on for a while, almost ending in a stalemate. White beard was good. Really good.[(White beard uses Tactics [+2] and Experienced Campaigner [+2]). However, Isiah proved to be the victor. It was closer than he would have liked, but the old man was extremely impressed. "I'll take him to see Goal." He said dismissing the guide. "A great game, I see great things in store for you...Captain."

Isiah got the feeling, even though white beard was keeping his tone neutral, that no one ever started at a captaincy.

When he brought you to Goal's tent you could see Nikita already there.

You now have mortal quality Black Legion Captain [+2] Which gives you access to training, weapons, and skills that can be used in a roll like your warrior prince. Also to order around those in the company that you outrank. A status as well as a mortal skill.

Silth - Host/Alfie - Minor Church of Darkness

Host/Alfie went to mid-dark mass. The place was surprisingly busy at all hours. Something about purging the original sins that caused the fall into the under-realms. It wasn't anything interesting. At the end of the long sermon the people fled to go to work or to their homes with a few queuing up to have private confessions. There were different booths scattered throughout the very large cathedral. It was poorly lit by candles, to give homage to the Dark Crystal. "May it glimmer in darkness in the Cathedral Fortress of the Dark Cardinal". Priests sat in one side of a private screen in a box and the parishioners on the other. A chance for silth?

Silth attends mass. Sees it may be time for confession.

Hakon and Daor - The Orphanage

Daor fawns and waits on Hakon's every need and whim. The orphans go out and case the streets, looking for what Hakon might need in a target. Many were unsuitable for they would be missed. Eventually they brought Hakon a list of 10 names. Very minor merchants and nobles but they had money and would not be missed. The eye continued to charge over the two week period but hasn't quite opened again.

10 names found. The eye is still charging up. Daor fawns over Hakon.

The lead ranger looked at Patak as if he were mad, but also with great admiration. He waved off the offer of coin. "Here take my cloak, get this man a healing potion and provisions. If you've not had a healing potion before I will explain to you how it works. It's effects are regenerative not instant. It would be too expensive otherwise. In any case good luck. Which creature are you going after if I may ask? I need to know what to tell your widow."

No charge. Who are you going after?.

Riley awoke with a start and instinctively kicked out with her legs. It caught a large, mangy dog in the face as it was going to bite into her calf. It yelped in surprise but soon took on a starved look of determination and growled low in its throat. It would not go hungry this night.

Riley repels an attack to take a bite out of her.

Nikita - Gaol's Tent

"Ah, well. Based on your scores we would like to make you a sergeant. The head of our shock troops, mostly chaos orcs. As to your other question, we will find and complete the contract vs the gigants. While not true giants, they are quite large and are being led by a very unusual leader. Our weapons and magic had little affect on it oddly. In any case your friend just arrived, ah here he is!"

Curious!

Ksenija Ceranic - The UnderMountain Inn -> Gear Shopping

Ksenija found a new set of clean but local clothing sitting on the chair where she had left them. Three tiny beings laughed as they stole her old clothing and drug it through what she had thought was a mousehole! Ksenija left the inn in better spirits than when she had arrived. She ended up finding a shop without a sign in a forgettable alley. Upon entering a surley human said, "Daaad! You gots a customer!" An elderly human appeared, smoking a pipe.

"Hello, hello. Do come in. Just what might a well dressed lady like yourself be looking for? Hmm?"

Ksenija finds dry cleaning is included in the exorbant rent. She also finds the fence.

"Well, we can see about catching a caravan. I'll have Stern and the boys gather our stuff. You got the coin to pay for the trip bossman?" Sally asked. "Protection through the wilds can be expensive. You could hire mercenaries and your own guides for cheaper."

You can hire the caravan if there is one, or make one of your own. Sally's Slate-Iron knowledge kicked in to give you the bonus option.

Abdul the Unbound - Material Rendering | Promises: :siren: One :siren:| FP: 4

Suddenly a queer look came over the elf's face. The words of Patak earlier crashing in on him along with the Golem's speech. The dwarves laughed nastily and began to grind the Golem's foot when the elf stopped them with a word.

"Is it justice for everyone?" He sounded puzzled. His guard companions looked confused as well. Then the elf captain came to a decision. "Throw it in the garbage. It's not alive. Justice doesn't apply to non-sentient toys that repeat the words of their old users." His following look spelled certain death for the golem if the being spoke again. The way out plain for him.

The dwarves started carting the Golem to the garbage outside.

GM serious chat: This is the way out. If the Golem allows itself to get out, he will be deposited outside.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jul 31, 2017

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Patak - The Wilds | FP 5

Patak thanked them, and bid them send his Regards to the Golem in Iron-Slate or a Gun-slinging Scholar by the name of Amerigo. He did not truly know which of the Kursed he would find, but set off into the dark to find the closest. He lit a torch only when necessary, making use of a spear as a staff in the meantime.

Tracking the Giant would be easiest, heavy footprints over time would wear an obvious triail. Dessicated Husks would belie the vampire. A bad feeling in a giant cavern might portend the DracoLich's strike.

Careful going. I was not aware I had an option, just a hunch one of the three was nearby. Figuring out indicators of which might be nearby. Going slowly, stealthily metal gear style. They might sense my blood but I will not make it easy for them to find me. Warlord +6 toward the Hunt.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Abdul the Unbound - Material Rending | Promises: One! | FP: 4

Subtlety did not come easily to Abdul the Unbound. Fortunately, there was nothing subtle about the elf captain’s expression, and even the golem could read the writing on the walls when it was put so plainly. The thought of thanking the elf did cross Abdul’s mind, but after careful consideration, he thought better of it. No reason to test fate more than he already had, and it had been tested indeed. Still, even in this most dire situation, Abdul found himself curious about the elf’s words and bothered look. Perhaps there was hope for this one after all. Or perhaps it was merely a well-timed whimsy. Whatever the case may be, the golem meekly allowed himself to be carted out by the dwarves in a silent daze.

OOC: yeah no how about I don’t waste this generous offer. Letting myself be taken to the garbage by the dwarves.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Ksenija Ceranic - Gear Shopping

quote:

Ksenija found a new set of clean but local clothing sitting on the chair where she had left them. Three tiny beings laughed as they stole her old clothing and drug it through what she had thought was a mousehole! Ksenija left the inn in better spirits than when she had arrived. She ended up finding a shop without a sign in a forgettable alley. Upon entering a survey human said, "Daaad! You gots a customer!" An elderly human appeared, smoking a pipe.

"Hello, hello. Do come in. Just what might a well dressed lady like yourself be looking for? Hmm?"

Ksenija finds dry cleaning is included in the exorbant rent. She also finds the fence.

Ksenija smiles and browses the shop casually for a moment before she replies.

"Oh, just admiring the quality of your work." She says.

The sleeves on this coat aren't bad. The stitching is pretty precise for what looks like handwork.

"I'm looking to pick up some new clothing. Something... inconspicuous. Nothing flashy, I don't want to stand out in a crowd." She says idly.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon and Daor - The Orphanage
FP: 3

Hakon reveled in the attentions of his new body servant/bodyguard. He had always been forced to scramble and scrape by, and now he barely even needed to issue orders. Their psychic bond meant that the mere act of Hakon desiring something was enough to send Daor into action if it was readily available. He hadn't had to ask for a meal in days, the moment he was hungry Daor set to work seeing that someone was prepared for hims master. However, he had grown bored of waiting for the Eye to recharge. After two weeks, Hakon could still feel it wasn't complete. So, Daor had suggested using his funds to pay for a night of enjoyment for his master. Hakon had leaped at the idea, and then in what he considered to a stroke of genius, realized that Daor had previously moved in mercenary circles. Surely he would know where that type liked to congregate when they were off duty. Though Hakon would have to make sure it was somewhere where Daor had not previously been a regular, that would lead to all sort of questions about the orc's change in behavior even with Hakon ordering to keep things subtle.

So Hakon and his prime servant went out for a night on the town, doubling as a chance to spy on some potential muscle to recruit once the Eye was restored.

Hakon's gonna head out to visit some local clubs with Daor's money. Aiming for one frequented by the sort of mercenaries that might be usefully enthralled, but where Daor is not sufficiently known as to be recognized. Practiced Con-Man[+2] to ingratiate himself enough to have a good time and get some info without drawing too much attention. Alpha and Omega Servant[+2] for Daor paying for this, and for his knowledge of mercenaries to help Hakon target spot. Also, Hakon's generally gonna tell him to tone it down while they around non-thralls, so as to avoid raising suspicion.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1 FP

Amerigo nods to the orc. Maybe it was time to name this thing. It no longer seemed a disposable emergency weapon. "Banshee. When it screams, people die. Some kind of repeater pis-, er wand" Okay that might be a bit over the top and melodramatic but whatever. "It was a bit of a gift from someone I met once. drat if I know where he got it." and then to the caravan master. "That's very disturbing. Maybe it was a false flag? Maybe the bandits stole that armor from elsewhere? But if neither of those are true, are we even safe proceeding to our destination? If they were blatant enough to attack in uniform, maybe there's some kind of documentation left on their leader's bodies, what's left of them anyhow."

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jul 31, 2017

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley shot to her feet and stood her ground and faced the dog. She decided running was suicide; the dog would run her down. Surrender wasn't an option either, not to a hungry dog. That left fighting as her only option.

Or maybe not. It occurred to Riley that each time she used Leopold's flute, the ones she brought back were healthier than before. Maybe you didn't have to be dead to be rejuvenated. Maybe a healthy dog wouldn't chance a fight for a next meal.

"Easy, dog," she told the beast as she reached for the flute without shifting her eyes away. Like with a dog whistle, she blew the highest pitch she could reach.

Experimenting with the flute at [Resurrection +2]

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

"A great game. You nearly had me when you took my spider knight with your white wizard. Yours was the hardest test by far. I look forward to playing with you again White Beard."

Isiah followed White Beard into Gaol's tent just in time to hear about the gigant leader. "An unkillable leader? I have faced such once or twice." Isiah smiled ruefully: "Which is one or two more times than I would have liked. Have you tried fire or acid? In any case, I'm still looking forward to taking the field; almost as much as I'm looking forward to a bath. Your men really put me through my paces."

excited to fight gigants

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita - Gaol's Tent

A sergeant? That was a bit more than Nikita expected, but on consideration it made sense. He'd seemingly done well in the tests. So to him, a position of some responsibility with little chance for any mistakes to damage the battalion as a whole. Shock troops, though...that was concerning. He didn't fear combat, but he was also not skilled in it. He would be a weak link and the soldiers would recognize that fact. Resentment would fester as surely as the sun rose and morale would sink. Nobody wanted to take orders from an incompetent.

Lucky indeed that he was on good enough terms with a warlord. Isiah would surely have his own duties to attend to, but perhaps he would have time and inclination to teach him the basics of war. As the man in question entered into the tent, Nikita gave him a nod. Unsurprisingly, it seemed his comrade had also acquitted himself well. Likely more highly placed than a sergeant, to boot.

Returning his attention to Gaol, Nikita copied the salute he had seen used around the camp. "Understood, sir. Who will I be reporting to?"

Nikita won't bother Isiah about training just yet. He'll meet up with his immediate superior and get an idea of the sort of roughnecks he'll be working with.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"Now that is an excellent morsel of information, my fair maiden, ahaha!" Emilio clapped his hands together, smiling all the while, "Such private entrepreneurs are less likely to have, ah, shall we say, hostile eyes on them as well. As my late father used to say: it's hard to make a profit from an angry noble's oubliette, haha!"

"Yes", Emilio rubbed his chin, "I do believe your suggestion is a good one! We shall go with that. Unless of course, such guards have a poor track record on these parts, when compared to caravans? Fill me up on that as we search, if you would!"

Choosing the option Sally suggested: Mercenaries and guides.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Host/Alfie played the part of the reverent and respectful layperson. He observed the forms, said the prayers, called and responded. He was every bit the proper and expected worshiper come to seek comfort in the Church of Darkness for whatever troubled him. And there he stayed. Kneeling. Praying. Being as respectful as custom and tradition demanded. And he watched, too. Watched the priests come and go, watched the masses come and go. He had nowhere to be, and his shop would survive being closed for however much time was necessary. And every now and then he left at the end of mass to 'stretch his legs' and watch the comings and goings of the novice priests. Surely they went somewhere other than to church...

Silth was patient. It could wait. And watch. And plot.

Silth is going to hang around the church for a while, watch the coming and goings of the priests, watch the exits, watch the number of people etc. Of particular interest is if a priest ever goes anywhere except the cathedral and the barracks. Silth is looking for opportunities to isolate a priest that don't involve a waiting public to barge in on them. Using Guile [+2] and The Gleaning [+2] to spot opportunity.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 15, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Patak - The Wilds | FP 5

The journey was dark and long. But soon Patak came upon the scent of cooking meat. Humanoid meat. He crept upon a very large fire roaring in the darkness. A large spit held a few orcs and humans. A colossal purple-bruised skinned true-giant sat facing away from Patak. Darksteel plates glinted in the firelight. The sounds of its ghoulish meal was sickening. Weapons both broken and whole stuck to the beast where they had broken through its armor. The body beneath didn't seem to notice the damage, or care.

It sniffed the wind a few times and Patak could swear the beast almost detected him. But it shrugged each time, continuing its meal.

Careful saved you from a surprise attack! You can go first now or prep.

Abdul the Unbound - The garbage FP: 4

Abdul laid for a while after his torturers left him. Soon a crippled dwarf pulled a cart along side his pile looting the dead, and looking for interesting items. When he came upon Abdul the dwarf blinked. "Here now, are you alright you alien thing? I'm The Tinker. Can you walk? We need to get you out of here."

A kind face. A rarity.

Ksenija Ceranic - Gear Shopping

"Oh." The fence snapped his fingers to his "son".
"Bring out the good stuff. The lady wants some catburgler gear." With that mainly thieves tools and kit were produced. They were renaissance fair style items to Ksenija but one object caught her eye. The price was steep but her computer confirmed it was the real deal.

"Its the last one I have, so it's price is high." It would cost all the platinum Ksenija had.

A bodyglove style outfit with pouches and pockets for small tools of the trade. Pitch black, blacker than Black. It can give mortal quality Stealth [+4], Plain sight Inop [-2] (Like we discussed)

Hakon and Daor - We be clubbin'

Hakon found himself enjoying things in spite of himself. Daor was an old hand at clubbing and soon Hakon and he were casing out places and taking down names. No one so much as glanced at the two of you. No one really cared. It was with much ale and good times that Daor brought Hakon back to their abode and they settled down for the night.

You find dozens of potential thralls during the clubbing/pub crawl. The Eye is almost about to open!

1 FP

The caravan leader shook his head. "They burned the supplies. We're too close to our destination to turn back. With good rationing we should make it." He looked at Amerigo. "You're not thinking about striking out on your own are you? That would be madness!"

Shall he stay or Ameri-GO?

Basically this: https://youtu.be/m5goh-abneA
The dog and Riley fight. It's savage. But soon Riley beats the animal back and wins. She's panting but alive. Riley wiped the blood off as best she could, sniffling. She thought for a moment. This was a city. A city had shops and homes and even areas for the homeless. She could take refuge somewhere. There were signs that pointed to the beggars district and more. Where would she go? The streets weren't safe for someone like Riley.

Sorry Resurrection [+2] doesn't work that way. That would be regeneration. Luckily you win and take no damage. Natural 12 in any case. Riley might just be getting lucky!

Isiah Incipio - ♤♡◇♧payattention¥₩£€
&

Nikita - Gaol's Tent

Gaol laid all his cards on the table. "Isiah, you will take all our remaining 50 men and take the fight to the enemy. Nikita you will be in charge of the last berserk unit consisting of 10 of our strongest warriors. That is independent of Isiah's command." Gaol said.

"You can train with the men, train on your own, or leave immediately. The longer we wait, the more likely the gigants will grow in number or grow bolder. Greybeard and I will continue recruitment here. Your success or failure will decide the fate of the legion."

Each of you can train either: Yourselves(medium time) or your men(long time). Individually. Not together. Apart. No co-op training.
Or go now.(short time)
Leaving/quitting is also an option. The longer you take the harder the gigants will be to fight. But doing training could yield a bonus if your dice are good!

Emilio Ughi - The merc area

Emilio arrived and found lots of merc companies. He tried speaking with a local dwarf but anytime the poor fellow spoke he seizured and looked like he was having a stroke. No matter. Emilio found that the best company, the black legion was unavailable. Something about a contract gone bad yadda yadda. He soon found a few groups with good reputations.
The Fire Eyes: A magic based group but not as heavy on hand to hand combat. They had many good skills and magic to combat the dark and scry for enemies.
The Purple Dragoons: This group were mainly hunters. Their beast slaying skills and lore let them fund shortcuts and ward off rampaging monsters.
The Skippy Clan: Run by "Bad Dan" this former gladiator had a more traditional outfit. Swordsman, archers, and heavy hitters. Close and ranged combat. They were rough and tough.

Choices! Your book is almost charged.

Silth watched as one of the human clergymen kept wiping his nose. "I have a cold!" He kept saying to his fellows. They gave him dirty looks. The man kept leaving through a side entrance, into the dark alley beyond. Then would return, a dopey look on his face. This repeated each mass. Silth's host started to get tired. He'd either need to rest or change bodies soon.

Skooma addict spotted!.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 1, 2017

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Hakon and Daor - Next Morning at the Orphange

Over drinks, Hakon and Daor were talking. Well, it was a private table, so Daor was mostly just repeating his worship for his master, but when someone else bumped into his shoulder and Hakon could feel the pain the mood darkened for a time, as Daor sensed his Master's trepidation. Still, ever eager, the orc raised an idea that had never even occured to Hakon. "Why don't you just pay a mage to make me virtually immune to pain and injury. Hakon stared at him for a moment, if he couldn't feel the Orc's sincerity through their link he would have sworn it was a joke.

"That's even possible?" Hakon asks, for he had grown up in a world where magic was little more than a myth.

"Yes, it wouldn't be cheap but it'd certain possible."

Hakon smiled, "If things work out I don't think cost will be an issue." He could feel the Eye, it's powered had almost returned, and if his plan worked he wouldn't need to pay and secure a wizard in the process.

The following morning, Hakon awoke with Daor sleeping at the foot of his bed. He suffered through the feeling of two hangovers, and decided to make locating a mage his top priority. With this in mind, he sent out his orphan spies to track down potential targets, and picked Daor's brain about candidates. He even went out to do a little reconnaissance himself, chatting up potential sources of information while trying to remain unmemorable and obscuring the true point of his questions at the same time.

What he needed was a mage sufficiently powerful to be able to do the transformation, while reclusive enough for people not to notice he was missing for months, maybe even years. To top that all off he had to move with excessive care. He knew not what he was dealing with when it came to magic and its wielders. He would lay his plans carefully so that he could succeed at his aim.

Hakon's searching for a potential wizard to enthrall. He needs someone powerful enough to be able to do the transformation and other useful tricks, but also reclusive enough to not be noticed missing for extended periods. As an aside in the course of this investigation he's looking for info on the power of wizards generally, and since he doesn't know he's being extremely cautious, going the extra mile to avoid detection by a foe of unknown capabilities.

Minor Spy Ring[+2] for orphans looking into wizards as discretely as they can. Alpha and Omega Servant[+2] to pick Daor's brain on potential candidates and wizards generally. Practiced Con-Man[+2] for going out to pump people for info on the subject while being personally unmemorable and obfuscating his line of questions by mixing it into other lines. Ideally people he talks two won't really remember him adn even if he does stick out won't realize he was asking lots of questions about wizards.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1 FP

"What? No, where would you get that idea? The whole reason I came along was safety in numbers. I do have a question about what to expect when we get there. You mentioned Grenmalk-City is a vassal state, does that mean its government is similar to Slate-iron city?"

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Host/Alfie hummed and drummed his fingers. Perfect; precisely what he had been hoping to find. Substance addiction was useful opportunity. Though it always left a distinctly unpleasant aftertaste in Silth's mouth.

Host/Alfie madue sure to situate himself near that side door as mass drew to a close. There he would wait, reverent and devout, while the Priest made his way outside to get his fix. Once his back was turned, and he was in the alleyway, Silth would follow swiftly behind and claim its new prize. Soon, very soon now. Mass was ending. The priest was coming. It would be quick, simple. A barb in the shoulder while his back is turned, spin him around and embrace to muffle any cry and claim the body for its own. If anyone caught a glimpse, it would seem a rather forward and unwelcome assault on personal space.

Following him outside and taking the Priest. Using Guile [+2] to ambush him from behind while he's distracted with his nose candy and Parasitic [+2] to paralyze and restrain him while Silth administers the kiss of death.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 15, 2017

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Ksenija Ceranic - Gear Shopping -> East!

quote:

"Oh." The fence snapped his fingers to his "son".

"Bring out the good stuff. The lady wants some catburgler gear." With that mainly thieves tools and kit were produced. They were renaissance fair style items to Ksenija but one object caught her eye. The price was steep but her computer confirmed it was the real deal.

"Its the last one I have, so it's price is high." It would cost all the platinum Ksenija had.

A bodyglove style outfit with pouches and pockets for small tools of the trade. Pitch black, blacker than Black. It can give mortal quality Stealth [+4], Plain sight Inop [-2] (Like we discussed)

A CLOAKING UNIT?! Here?!

This place hadn't mastered indoor sanitation and yet somehow they had Afexion's best minds beat. Last Ksenija heard they were the stuff of rumor back home. She runs her fingers against the fabric. So soft, yet tough. It was some kind of silk with a negative refractive index, at least her implant says it's silk. The guy's sales pitch alleges they're woven of pure darkness. And it's sitting here in front of her, for sale. It takes all the effort in the world to not squeal and scream like a little girl while she hands over her platinum, but somehow she keeps a straight face. She squirms while he fits the thing and tumbles out of his shop wearing a huge grin - not that anyone could see it.

She heads back to the Inn and checks herself out, getting a pile of gold coins that go right in one of her many pockets. This thing has so many! She quickly picks up a decent knife and a length of rope, basic tools of the trade. Nothing else, lockpicks or more honest tools, is up to her standards. After she ponders her options, this place is a drag - it's like a better smelling Perdition City that somehow has meaner cops. To make matters worse, every gambling den around here probably knows her face at this point - she couldn't even go in looking for work. Steal from the nobles here? No. Too dangerous given they probably know about the suit and have ways to counter it. She eventually comes to the conclusion her best course of action is to skip town.

Ksenija starts east, towards where the caravans gather. She lets her instincts guide her and her new clothes keep her out of view.

Ksenija will buy the suit, get the last of her money from the Inn, pick up a knife and rope (not special, just noting in case there's a scene in case having a rope or knife will lower the DC), and head East towards where caravans gather so she can skip town. She'll use her Streetwise (+2) ways and Stealth Suit (+4) to do so.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 1, 2017

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Riley - Leaving the Back of a Seamstress Shop

Bitten, scratched, traumatized, and alive, Riley takes deep breaths to collect her thoughts. How long has she been in this hateful city? She's lost track of time, shifting from hidey hole to hidey hole, trying to find safe places to sleep. But it's clear to her that she's getting into trouble being alone on the streets. She reasons that she has two good options left:

1) Chance another nap on the street and call Mindy;
2) Find some street kids to fall in with.

As urgently as she wants to explain her situation to Mindy, Riley decides she needs a safe bed first. That leaves option 2, finding a gang of street kids. Not the orphans at Lady Greybeard. For the moment, whatever's wrong with them is beyond Riley.

So Riley will look for kids in the beggar's districts, but first she needs to steal something she can use as a token of friendship and proof of skill. Looking the way she does now, there's no way she can go somewhere fancy and not draw attention. She'll need to find something in a working-class neighborhood, maybe in a dense open-air market or a busy intersection.

[Sneaky +2] to lift something of modest value.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Emilio Ughi - The Merc Area

Ahh, mercenaries! Where would a poor merchant be without their lot! And really, Emilio was not well versed enough in the dangers of this strange place to know which of the groups would give him superior protection, but he did know potential assets when he saw them. All of them could be useful on their own ways, even if services of wizards and scouts were of more use to him currently than pure muscle. Nevertheless, he would use some time sniffing out their potential as further marks for his deals under the guise of good-natured haggling...

Social Chameleon [+2] to be at ease in this strange crowd, Merchant [+4] to 'haggle' but really Emilio is mainly using his keen mercantile sense to sniff these groups out for their potential as marks for more of his 'deals' later on. How keen on power and riches do they seem to be, their general levels of ambition, how easy would they be to blindside to deals greatly favoring Emilio, etc. That sort of thing.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Patak - The Wilds | FP 5

He crept backward, hoping the variable winds of this underground world would keep him downwind of this foe. Despite the stench it was still better than the alternative. Hidden in his cloak he did his due diligence before the battle. Reconaissance was a neccessary step if one could afford it, knowing your enemies abilities and divising strategies and contingencies.

Patak shivered in antici- this was going to be a good fight -pation.

Taking cover while observing my target.
Warlord +6 to leverage Patak's personal skills in this regard.
Then War God's Banner +2 to buff that ability into the realm of demigods and beyond.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

Nikita - Gaol's Tent

Nikita spared a quick glance at Isiah. There was going to be no opportunity to learn what his companion might have to teach; Gaol was wasting no time whatsoever in issuing deployment orders. Sure, he gave them the option to train, but it was in the same tone of voice an elder used when they asked if you would like to assist them with something. It was never really a choice.

"Understood. I'll take a day to acquaint myself with my troops and get supplied. I'll need maps as well. We'll march as soon as things are prepared."

---

Nikita stood before the ten berserkers he'd been assigned. Violent looking bastards, the lot of them. Like they were ready to storm the afterlife and murder Death itself if they had a mind. Yet it remained to be seen how they could fare against these gigants.

"Good day. I am Nikita, your new acting sergeant. Our mission is to infiltrate the gigant holdings and conduct hit and run raids against them. We lack the manpower to hold anything we take - our only focus is to soften them up, make them bleed."

Nikita stood rigidly at attention, arms clasped behind his back as he spoke.

"I only have only two requirements of anyone serving under my command. Firstly: Discipline must be maintained at all times. Drunkenness on duty will not be tolerated. Dereliction of duty will not be tolerated. Rape and torture will not be tolerated. Neglecting your equipment will not be tolerated.

Secondly: The people you stand next to are your brothers and sisters, and you will treat them accordingly. And don't give me any smart rear end comments about hating your family." He peered across the group, hoping for at least a thin smile at the joke. "We fight, and possibly die, together. Being able to trust your comrades to watch your back is vital. I don't know you yet, but I will promise you this: No one who serves under me gets left behind. No soldier will be sacrificed meaninglessly."

A beat. "Any questions?"

He watched the group, waiting to see which one of them would step forward to test their new sergeant's measure. He couldn't imagine they would just meekly nod at this change up, after all. He'd served on enough ships under enough green captains to know how these sorts of things went down.

Nikita's plan is to move out pretty much right away. Nothing like on-the-job training to find out what you're really made of. He'll avail himself of some weapons before they go. When he gets maps, he'll be specifically looking for any areas of conflict near bodies of water. Soldiering is all well and good, but if he can do it on a boat, so much the better.

In the event these berserkers do want to see what Nikita is made of, Indomitable +2 to give as good as he gets. He will also make it a point to know everyone's names because what kind of rear end in a top hat can't remember only ten people? (This is not a request that you actually come up with names for them, just that whatever they are, Nikita will know them)

Shardix fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Aug 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Abdul the Unbound - The Garbage :smith: | Promises: One! | FP: 4

Abdul stayed silent at first, attempting to determine whether or not it was now safe to speak. Eventually, after deciding it was safe indeed, the golem pushed himself onto his feet. He began to gesture with his right hand, before remembering it was no longer there. An unfortunate loss, and one that Abdul was uncertain how he would recover from. If he could in the first place. Still, he had both of his legs. One could open doors and carry belongings with a single arm, yet walking with only a single leg was much more challenging. So, it was not all grim. Remembering the dwarf in front of him, Abdul said in a polite tone,

“Greetings, The. I am Abdul, as well as a golem, a mage-made creation. Though I have lost my right arm, I am still able to stand and walk, so I shall consider myself ‘alright.’ I could, however, use a place to recover from recent events and collect my thoughts. Perhaps cleanse myself as well. Being filth-covered does not bother me as such, but as I understand it, society frowns upon such uncleanness. If you could offer such an abode, I would be most thankful.”

OOC: Trusting this Tinker, and following him to wherever he might lead me. Presumably, it has to be better than this place. Presumably.

• Locked thread