Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

JT Jag posted:

How about those of us who are available meet up next Wednesday to throw the ship together, do a bit of intro stuff, maybe hash out character relationships, and then we do our first proper session on like the 24th of May

Easy to say for the person that doesn't have to plan the damned thing. I wanted once a month so that way I have enough time to prepare stuff.

Okay, to get some damned GM leadership in play here, I'm going to say we're going to do a fixed schedule. Since no one seems to have any issues with Wednesdays outside of May, then we're going to do The first Wednesday each month, starting May 3rd, with May 3rd basically being just ship building. If you get picked and can't make that May 3rd date, then sorry, you better hope those that do make it don't do horrible ship choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Tacito Coronada

As the second son of a sector admiral, Tacito Coronada was literally born under combat thrust and destined from a young age to fly a fighter or conn a ship -- both, in his case. With a lineage of command to live up to, natural reflexes from both sides of his family and dead aim honed by an already extensive career in a recent crusade against the ever-present Greenskin threat, Tacito is a multi-talented officer who can fill any position on a starship or squadron. Losing comrades in battles against the Orks has made him a little rough around the edges, but he's got plenty of reputation and talent to draw upon when it comes to leading a squadron. When asked why he's not, his answer is simple: the crusade may have ended, but Tacito Coronada wasn't made for patrol duty. A chance to bring war to the enemies of man in an entirely unexplored sector is just what he needs to really move his career along, not to mention the money you can pull in with a rogue trader.

pre:
Name: Tacito Coronada
Career: Void Master
Origin Path:
 Battlefleet
 Stubjack
 Crusade (Call to War) 150xp
 Calamity
 Exhilaration (The Thrill of War) 250xp
 Void Master
 A Proud Tradition (Heir Apparent) 100xp

Characteristics:
       total = base + rolled + origin + advances
 WS	: 37 = 25 + 12 + 
 BS	: 53 = 25 + 15 + 13
 S	: 38 = 25 + 13 + 
 T	: 39 = 25 + 14 + 
 AG	: 44 = 25 + 19 + 
 INT    : 37 = 25 + 12 + 
 PER    : 33 = 25 + 13 - 5
 WP	: 43 = 25 + 13 + 5
 FEL    : 33 = 25 + 13 - 5

stats: 10#2d10 12 13 13 19 12 13 13 14 15 7
insanity: 1d5+1d10 5
wounds: 1d5+6 8
fate: 1d10 3

Insanity:   5
 Corruption: 0
 Wounds:     6
 Fate:       3
 Initiative: 1d10+4, +2 in open while planetside
 PF:         0

Skills:
 Intimidate (S)
 Command (Fel)
 Common Lore (Imperial Navy +10, War) (Int), 
 Forbidden Lore (Xenos) (Int)
 Navigation (Stellar) (Int)
 Pilot (Flyers, Spacecraft +10) (Ag)
 Scholastic Lore (Astromancy, Tactica Imperialis) (Int)
 Speak Language (Low Gothic, Battlefleet War Cant) (Int)

Talents:
 Void Accustomed
 Quick Draw
 Peer (Military)
 Hatred (Orks)
 Nerves of Steel
 Melee Weapon Training (Universal), 
 Pistol Weapon Training (Universal)
 Talented (Command, Dodge, Pilot (Space, Flyers))

Abilities/Traits:
 Officer On Deck    : +5 to Command Tests when aboard a spacecraft.
 Ship Bound Fighter : -2 Initiative and double Range Penalties when Planetside and not in a tunnel or other confined space.
 Mastery of Gunnery : Re-roll failed shooting with Starship weapons.

Disorders/Malignancies:
 none(yet)

Gear:
 Common Craftsmanship Power Sword, Common Craftsmanship Bolt Pistol
 Imperial Guard Flak Armour
 2 bottles of Amasec, Charm (Blessed Ship Token), Imperial Navy Uniform 
 Micro Bead, Pict Recorder, Rebreather, Void Suit, Vox Caster

Acquisitions:
 CC Artificier Armor (+30 single -30 ex rare +0 common)

Advancements (500/500):
 Origin                 500

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 27, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, here are the final picks:

Dachshundofdoom as Cedric Wolde, Astropath
Thatbastardken as Adelaide Obeywan-Closeau, Rogue Trader
Professor_curly as Magos-Explorator Varsen 133 "Lee", explorator
JT Jag as Jack Nathanial, arch-militant
Chin up everything sucks as Ivan 'Brand' Skevano, Missionary
Wiegieman as Tacito Coronada, Void Master

This was hard to narrow down, I wanted to take no more than six, and didn't think I would get enough interest. I'm excited that I had eight completed apps. It was a tough choice but thank you for apping Eclectic tastes and mikedawson.

For those of you that did make it, first game session will be this Wednesday, May 3rd, at 6:00 CST. It is my hope to have games between 6 and 10 normally. However, this first session is going to be limited to designing your ship and introductions of your characters, and setting your plan of action in the immediate aftermath of being stranded.Mostly because I haven't had enough time to really start to prepare the game world, and knowing your initial direction will help me plan for June's game.

In the meantime, start thinking on ship, proposals, you'll have 90 ship points. Also begin planning how your character is going to propose the ship and crew handle this new situation. What should the priorities be?
lastly, everyone post in here your general impression of your shipmates, and any history, good or ill, you have with each other. Assume you've served together awhile, if you want to.

I'll post closer to the game with the exact roll20 game, but in the meantime don't forget to go to roll20.net and set up an account if you haven't yet.

Discord server is here. We will be using the "Nerdy Voice Rpin'" voice channel.

Werix fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 29, 2017

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Can we start the game an hour later, so 7pm central? 6pm central is 4pm my time, and it's kinda iffy leaving work at 3:30 on a Wednesday.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
1 hour later's actually kinda better for me too, it'll give me more time to get something to eat.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

I'm on the west coast so I'm very flexible time wise. You guys are all at least two hours ahead of me.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Chin up is west coast with you. we can start an hour later at 7, that's fine, unless it causes a huge issue for anyone else. I know ken is from kangaroo land.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
10 am on a Thursday works out well for me.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Might as well get those character impressions done while I've got some time.

Werix posted:

Cedric Wolde, Navigator

Alright, first of all, why does this roll list me as a Navigator? You find that scribe and tell him Cedric says he's an idiot. I ain't some pampered three-eyed noble, I'm a Guard veteran and an Astropath, in that order. You see these bandages, you think I have any eyes to speak of, let alone three? Throne on Terra, where do they find these people?

Alright, anyway, we got the Rogue Trader, Lady Adelaide Obeywan-Clouseau. I really don't know her that well. Let's face it, up until today, I was pretty much part of the furniture. "Here's the message, Cedric, send it." But I think us Astropaths just got a lot more valuable, because suddenly we're an irreplaceable luxury instead of something you can pick up by the dozen. Now, I'm the representative of the only FTL comms she can get for the foreseeable future. I never had the patience or the tact for politics, but I think I'm in a position where my opinion matters no matter how blunt it is. You ask me, that's a good thing. The world needs a lot less flowery talking and a lot more action.

Cogs give me the creeps and that Magos Lee's no different. He can have all the cute "normal" nicknames he wants, he's closer to a servitor than a man and that screeching noise they make when they talk to machines goes right through my head. On the other hand, I've got a permanent connection to a churning nightmare dimension and the only reason I'm not shackled and held at gunpoint is that I've been soul-bound to a God, so hey, I can't imagine he's too fond of me either.

Jack Nathanial. You can tell he's an ex-ganger, but he's been around long enough that he's trustworthy. Might not have Guard discipline, but I've seen him fight and he can kill with the best of 'em. I respect that. Plus, I grew up on an orbital mining platform, and it was a decaying, depressing hellhole. I've seen my share of gangs and desperation, so I think I know where he's coming from.

I got nothing but good things to say about Father Skevano, or any Ecclesiarch, really. See, here's the thing: it's easy to have faith when you're an Astropath. I've met the God-Emperor, kneeled at his feet, literally touched his soul. I have proof. I am proof. A priest serves a higher calling on pure faith alone. He flings himself into death with a chainsword in hand because he just knows that the God-Emperor protects. That kind of zeal is irreplaceable. If you could instill half that kind of faith in every Guardsman, we'd conquer the Eye of Terror by tomorrow.

And finally we got Tacito Coronada. The Guardsman in me would prefer not to admit that the Navy's useful for anything other than transport. Sitting up in orbit sipping recaf and staring at a display while we die in the mud. 'Course, I've spent enough time on ships to know it's not any better up here. You might be less likely to get stabbed by some goddamn cultist but you're still just as dead if you're next to a hull breach. Hell, at least you have a chance to parry the cultist. Macro-cannon shells are a little harder to deflect. So yeah, I'll grudgingly admit he knows what the hell he's doing. But a Guardsman's still worth 10 Navy boys.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
That scribe was jettisoned out an airlock and the recording error fixed, though since those forms have 8 carbon copies, one may have gotten through the cracks.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

First Impressions:

One does get rather blase about the presence of astropaths, strange as it must sound to many Imperial citizens. As far as any psyker can be they are considered reliable, trusted with secrets that one would never share outside of one's own mind, practically an extension of ones self that stretches across the void between stars carrying words, images, and thoughts. Wolde is probably unaware how highly he came recommended for this venture, but his selection as Choirmaster was no accident and given our circumstance it has proven a very prudent choice. Should we prove to be stranded for a long time his age may be a problem, but his experience should allow him to train a replacement if necessary.

The politics of the Priests of Mars are virtually impenetrable, but one gets the distinct impression from Lee that he(?) is something of an orphan within that sect. Which suits one's preferences perfectly, of course. If they wish to be rid of him, his skill and unusually tolerable personality is more than welcome aboard this ship.

Jack's service to House O.C. has been exceptional - diligent and unquestioning, a perfect instrument of murder. One would feel far less comfortable on this voyage without him at my disposal. His manners are abominable, but one must make allowances for the eccentricities of an artist.

Odd man. For a priest he is strangely taciturn on topics other than faith. Remarkable bond with the common crew, though. A useful asset on a dangerous voyage.

Wiegieman as Tacito Coronada, Void Master

Another well recommended professional, fresh from the Navy and perfect for one's needs. Far to skilled to be left to rot in a Battlefleet backwater somewhere.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
First Impressions:

I’ve been acquainted with My Lady for a long time. Near as long as I’ve been on this ship, I reckon. I am sworn to her service, none others. I kill who she wants killed, fix problems she needs fixing. In return, I don’t get stranded back on the Emperor-forsaken planet I came from, or any like it. It’s an arrangement we both find equitable.

Wolde, what an ornery little shite. I’d never heard of an old Psyker until I met him. Then again, I hadn’t heard of many old Guardsmen either, and he used to be one of those too--- he won’t let any of us forget it, either. Feh! Maybe he’s just an unlikely person. Long as he doesn’t look down on me, we can see eye to eye. Well, maybe not eye to eye, seeing as his got burned out--- another thing he keeps reminding us about--- but close enough.

Ah, the Techpriest. Most people either stay away from the Martians, fear or even spite them. Because they look different, see, and talk weird, and all that rot. Those people are idiots. Do you know who invented our guns? The only ones capable of repairing them? The first ones I go to if I want to upgrade my munitions or get something new? It’s the Emperor-praised Mechanicus, that’s who! So that’s why I do everything in my power to stay on Varsen’s good side. Is he a human being and not some up-jumped servitor in there? I don’t really know, and I don’t really care.

Ah, Brand. Brand, he spreads the good word aboutships and all. We have some things in common, him and I: we both fell in with certain crowds when we were young, had to learn how to take care of ourselves fast. These things aren’t why I like him, though they do help. Nah, my favorite thing about Brand is his arm. Brand’s got one hell of a sword-arm. He’s a sight better than me in a melee. I’d almost be embarrassed, but I just gotta remind myself that he cheats: he’s got the God-Emperor on his side.

And Wiegieman as Tacito Coronada, Void Master
I’ve been watching Coronada at the shooting range. Hate to say it, but the guy is good with a pistol. Real good. Maybe better than me. No one on this ship is as good as I am with anything lasgun-sized, but still, it’s a second martial skill that one of my crewmates has matched or passed me in. Besides that, seems like a good guy.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

First Impressions:

Officer of the Deck's Log, 354813.M38 posted:

What a mess. Glorious victory in a sectorwide crusade, month long celebrations, and an offhanded form letter telling me to enjoy the next twenty years of suppression patrols. Even the old man's telling me to get used to the quiet. Well, Tacito bloody Coronada doesn't like quiet, Admiral Coronada Sir. I jumped four drat ranks when the war was on because I had a chance to prove myself. How the hell am I supposed to do that riding herd on a Dauntless for the next decade? At least this warp-gate... thing... will give me something to do. Something besides pirate hunting hell.

A little leathery, but that's got to be a plus with the blinders. I thought they all burned out by 35, but this old bastard looks like he's going to live longer than I am. What an absolutely depressing thought. At least he talks the right talk, Throne knows some of them get strange for its own sake.

I don't know what kind of strings she had to pull to get me out of that dead end posting, but I'm glad our captain knew the right people. This girl's my ticket up the ranks. Not a lot of experience, but she seems to have that something - the crew love her.

The first cogboy I met who doesn't start reciting dogma from step one when a shell jams in the breech. He seems like he actually wants to be here, which for a cogboy may as well be a miracle in itself. I'm not sure about that gaggle of novices that follow him around, but you can't have everything. And those cogitators in his labs - I swear they feel like they're staring at you.

Almost as good a shot as I am. Doesn't speak gunnery, of course, but who does? Seems armed to the teeth though, and those cannons he lugs around seem handy in a fight.

A fighting priest, the best kind of priest. Thank the Emperor we didn't get one of those soft dress wearers that call themselves men of the cloth. Nothing kills a crew faster than a lack of faith, and there's a look in his eye that tells me he's seen that. I don't recognize his order, but that doesn't mean anything. As long as a man's got the right allegiance I don;t give a bloody drat where he comes from.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, remember, we're starting at 7:00 p.m. CST tomorrow. this should take you to the game.

I will be creating a GMPC Navigator just to have one. Tomorrow will be all about ship creation, as well as importing your characters into the sheets in the game engine.

See you tomorrow.

Werix fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 3, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

That's a bad link Werix, it says not authorized.

e:works now

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 3, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

wiegieman posted:

That's a bad link Werix, it says not authorized.

fixed.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay. Still don't know yet if i will have rehearsal on June 7th, but unless and until I find out, game is still on for then. in the Meantime, I have been working on trying to form an Endeavor for you all to have. Seeing as you are currently with zero profit factor, the endeavor could be about trying to set up your own colony world, trying to find civilization and set up trade, maybe trying to find someone wanting to use your ship's military might, etc.

We can finalize during the session, but I want to put some ideas out there right now to discuss. I would imagine the first Endeavor would be a Greater Endeavor worth 3-4 points because man, you guys need to build something up.

Exploration and Exploitation:
An Endeavor of this type would involve trying to set yourselves up as your own little fiefdom. First you'd need to find some sort of planet to exploit or settle. Then you'd need to acquire the equipment like hab shelters and the warm bodies to man it. Unless you find a planet that is already inhabited. Think of this as maybe setting up the seat of power for your dynasty, or at least the first outpost.

Wheeling and Dealing.
Maybe the easier way to try and establish yourselves is to find what passes for civilization around here and get involved in their economies. First you'd need to find a few inhabited worlds. Discover what goods they need and sell. Chart stable warp routes, and then begin to get the supplies to trade. You're broke, so you won't have start up capital, so you might have to do something to get those first few loads of supplies.

Walk softly, and carry a big cruiser
You've got a flipping war ship, may as well use it! This would involve finding civilization, offering your services as a hired gun, and then going out and doing that Mercenary thing. Could be rather straight forward, unless you try to dig into your employers and targets to see if they're the right folks.

Also, I'd love for a volunteer to get the ship all stated out based on our choices and post the sheet here. Thanks.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I believe our initial decision was to try and establish a colony somewhere that could act as a base for us, since we don't know if human civilization has survived out here.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

chin up everything sucks posted:

I believe our initial decision was to try and establish a colony somewhere that could act as a base for us, since we don't know if human civilization has survived out here.

You would still need stuff for buildings. And warm bodies, unless you're going to leave crew behind. You had planned to have supply ships follow you through, so you don't have any of that stuff.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay finally got my rehearsal schedule and I don't have rehearsal that night.

However, I forgot tribal elections are June 6th, and certification is June 7th. Certification could be done in a couple hours, or could go into the evening.

So just in case, I want to know availability June 17 in case we need it as a fallback date.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Saturday evenings in general aren't great for me.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

The 14th is fine for me.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 30, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

JT Jag posted:

Saturday evenings in general aren't great for me.

Whoops, meant the 14th, the following week.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I'll make either day work, probably by grabbing a conference room when everyone leaves work and hanging out in there until we are done.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
14th's fine too.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Reminder that the session is still tentatively set for 6 p.m. CST tomorrow, contingent on how certification of election stuff goes. If it looks like we might have to postpone until next week, I'll post here tomorrow afternoon when I know for sure.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Werix posted:

Reminder that the session is still tentatively set for 6 p.m. CST tomorrow, contingent on how certification of election stuff goes. If it looks like we might have to postpone until next week, I'll post here tomorrow afternoon when I know for sure.

You mean 7pm CST, right? Same time as we started the last game?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

chin up everything sucks posted:

You mean 7pm CST, right? Same time as we started the last game?

Sure, 7 is better. Time has no meaning anymore.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Werix posted:

Sure, 7 is better. Time has no meaning anymore.

poo poo, the Ordo Chronos is going to come after us now.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Game is for sure happening tonight. Work stuff got done without a hitch, and I went home early. so everyone be ready at about 7:00 p.m. CST tonight. If there is enough interest and I can keep ad libbing poo poo/Warp travel goes sideways, we will likely go to 10:00 p.m.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Sorry for less than 24 hour notice, but there won't be a game tonight. Between work, personal stuff, and the July 4th Holiday, I've not had any chance to prepare anything for tonight. The only way I could run the game is if I improvised everything, and I'd rather not improvise myself into a corner.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Werix posted:

Sorry for less than 24 hour notice, but there won't be a game tonight. Between work, personal stuff, and the July 4th Holiday, I've not had any chance to prepare anything for tonight. The only way I could run the game is if I improvised everything, and I'd rather not improvise myself into a corner.
That's fine. We'll catch a session when you have time.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

A week or whatever's delay won't kill the game.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Yeah, whatever works

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Haven't had much time to prepare anything, maybe I will tomorrow, but I'm not going to let that stop me from hosting Wednesday, even if I have to ad lib everything!

How does 6:00 CST work for everyone Wednesday? I can do later, but likely not earlier than that.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Works for me.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
works for me.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

9am thursday should be fine

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Werix posted:

Haven't had much time to prepare anything, maybe I will tomorrow, but I'm not going to let that stop me from hosting Wednesday, even if I have to ad lib everything!

How does 6:00 CST work for everyone Wednesday? I can do later, but likely not earlier than that.

I'm at work until 7pm CST, and then I'm either joining from at work or taking 45 minutes or an hour to drive home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
That time or later will be fine.