Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

In Training posted:

It's also wild that the PS4 has been out for 3 years almost and it still only has two good exclusives but I guess non-Nintendo consoles are just pc boxes now anyway

its got more than two good exclusives silly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I remember people who got the Wii U on launch and then tried to convince themselves and others that ZombiU was good

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I liked ARMS but Spla2n is just so much more appealing

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
there's also stuff that's on ps4 and vita, i.e. dragon quest builders or digimon cyber sleuth

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I remember people who got the Wii U on launch and then tried to convince themselves and others that ZombiU was good

Wasn't this the original "this game is just like dark souls"?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't understand the PS2 emulation talk at all; I've been running PCSX2 for years just fine, to the point where I felt perfectly comfortable selling off my PS2 because I knew I was never going to use it again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

i know that if i were to get a nintendo switch, the first exclusive title i would leap at the chance to buy is that incredible, critically acclaimed videogame, ARMS

I actually did, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

its got more than two good exclusives silly

Bloodborne and Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Cowcaster posted:

definitely grabbing it before the zelda that's apparently the best zelda ever made, or mario kart, even though i hate mario kart games

it's not even in the top three zeldas. don't be fooled friend

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oddium posted:

gonna need a pitch of your top 3 zeldas before i can contextualize this

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

majora's mask
link's awakening
oracle of ages
wind waker
botw

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

Splatoon 2 and ARMS. And they came out in 2 months of release instead of 2 years later and made by third parties!

Splatoon 2 with its matchmaking problems and you can only play Salmon run when nintendo says you can

ARMs lol

Nate RFB posted:

I don't understand the PS2 emulation talk at all; I've been running PCSX2 for years just fine, to the point where I felt perfectly comfortable selling off my PS2 because I knew I was never going to use it again.

Yea ps2 emulation is pretty good

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 1, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

gonna need a pitch of your top 3 zeldas before i can contextualize this

You didn't ask but Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Link to the Past

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oddium posted:

majora's mask
link's awakening
oracle of ages
wind waker
botw

you had me at majora's mask but lost me at oracle of ages

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oddium posted:

I honestly don't know if I'm going back to Breath of the Wild. Splatoon 2 should keep me going until Sonic Mania and Mario + Rabbids

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

In Training posted:

You didn't ask but Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Link to the Past

man i'd swap lttp and wind waker and zelda 1 deserves a mention but up until this point i was convinced you and i had literally antipodal tastes in videogames

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Splatoon 2 with its matchmaking problems and you can only play Salmon run when nintendo says you can

ARMs lol

I haven't had any matchmaking problems in probably 30+ hours. Outside of Japanese people in league mode but that's because nobody plays league mode

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

you had me at majora's mask but lost me at oracle of ages

i went back and thought about it and i'm comfortable with my list :hai:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oddium posted:

i went back and thought about it and i'm comfortable with my list :hai:

i will respect the fact that in my own personal opinion the best zelda games are the ones where you can just swap some names and not even be capable of telling it's a zelda game and link's awakening and the oracle games are pretty solid in that regard

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
All zelda games are top tier, hth.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think the 2D and 3D Zeldas should be ranked separately but what do I know

also shadow tactics is game of the month because I don't have a switch

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
http://kotaku.com/gamestop-will-be-open-on-thanksgiving-this-year-to-emp-1797408633

quote:

“To better serve our guests with their evolving holiday shopping needs, this year GameStop will open its stores for a shortened and limited time on Thanksgiving Day,” the company told Kotaku in a statement this afternoon. “Many of our store associates and guests have asked for this. We have heard their requests and are making an adjustment to our previous position on this topic.”

Bull-loving-poo poo Gamestop

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

All zelda games are top tier, hth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMYgcS53Ezk

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

also shadow tactics is game of the month because I don't have a switch

:hai:

pro tip: Mugen can knock guards unconscious by throwing other unconscious guards at them

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

Even better was when the Wii first launched and a not insignificant number of people praised Red Steel and tried to pretend it wasn't a huge pile of garbage

Sweetgrass fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 1, 2017

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

See, even the Russian knock-offs are awesome.

It would probably be a better measure of a persons taste to ask them what their bottom three Zelda games are.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

See, even the Russian knock-offs are awesome.

It would probably be a better measure of a persons taste to ask them what their bottom three Zelda games are.

Zelda 2
Breath of the Wild
Link to the Past

(I have only played three Zelda games)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

ARMs lol

Splatoon 2 also only has a tick rate of 12.5 Hz which is :laffo:

Other games for reference:

Splatoon 1: 25Hz
Overwatch: Increased from 20Hz to 63Hz
CSGO: 64 Hz
Team Fortress 2: 66 Hz
Battlefield One: Increased from 30 Hz to 45 Hz
Rainbow Six Seige: Increased from 30 Hz to 60 Hz

The sequel is worse than the original. Though the same can be said for all games.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Animation Magic were incredible, everything they did makes me smile from how goddam weird it is and how their ambition clashes with their actual budget and skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3KIsCAjvoU

e. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTt-kfPvRks

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Aug 1, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

Splatoon 2 also only has a tick rate of 12.5 Hz which is :laffo:

Other games for reference:

Splatoon 1: 25Hz
Overwatch: Increased from 20Hz to 63Hz
CSGO: 64 Hz
Team Fortress 2: 66 Hz
Battlefield One: Increased from 30 Hz to 45 Hz
Rainbow Six Seige: Increased from 30 Hz to 60 Hz

The sequel is worse than the original. Though the same can be said for all games.

I don't believe that number because nobody has confirmed it or shown how they got it. Also it was from the demo weekend

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

I played the PC version and I thought it was a serviceable little zombie game :shobon:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I played the PC version and I thought it was a serviceable little zombie game :shobon:

which is fine but i think that his point is people were declaring it a system selling exclusive

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Splatoon 2 servers run at 12.5 Hz because that's the tick rate of movies

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Cowcaster posted:

which is fine but i think that his point is people were declaring it a system selling exclusive

Oh...my. Yeah if they did that that's funny. Everyone knows Nintendo sellers are Mario and Zelda. Now they got Splatoon though!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i may or may not be conflating zombiu and red steel as someone pointed out they had an extremely similar hype trajectory just a console generation apart

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

they both suck anyway

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Red Steel 2, however, is the best motionplus game

Not a high bar, but still.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oddium posted:

they both suck anyway

i think all motion control games suck but then again the only video game i've ever thought is good is the Great Circus Caper for the NES

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

oddium posted:

majora's mask
link's awakening
oracle of ages
wind waker
botw

not the list i would have gone with but one i can respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The funniest Wii launch thing was the fact that there was a bidding war over goddamned Escape from Bug Island because publishers were desperate to put out something, anything while the craze was at its peak. Seeing the literal piles of unsold fidget spinners at the checkout line of every other store I go to has been making me reminisce about the Wii a lot lately.

• Locked thread