Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
3.0 Markov Chain patch notes are out:

quote:

You can now be found in The Fall of Oriath
Fixed a bug where you could force other players into a chat channel.
The Hellions in Prisoner's Gate have come down with an infinite duration.
Fixed a bug which could cause incorrect behaviour.
Fixed a possible source of Fortify, not just Vigilant Strike.
Item filters can now use it much more quickly.
Slaying Hillock will guarantee that he drops a three-socket, three-colour starter weapon for your friends.
Physical Projectile Attack Damage support now also uses pathfinding to determine where the item dropped.
A sound is now a single ten-act playthrough.
Added a new economy.
Ice Spear now has 3-5% Chance to Ignite.
Ears, No Stone Unturned, Locomancer and No Loose Ends have been moved closer to the Endgame Labyrinth.
Kinetic Blast can no longer flee.
DirectX11 is now 30% (up from 3%)
The Waypoint in The Ebony Barracks has been reduced to 100%.
Dreadwheel monsters can now use PlayAlertSoundPositional rather than more Trap damage at level 1, rather than PlayAlertSound to play Path of Exile 3.0.0
All Prophecies, Hideouts, Forsaken Masters and Labyrinth trials have been disabled.
All of your old characters and items are still present in the Cruel Labyrinth.
Nessa's model has been renamed Shrieker.
The Divination Card Stash Tab now loads the card art in the middle of a benefit for fire characters.
We've made this change to the sewers.
Fixed a bug where Lightning Warp remote mine could prevent you from interacting with NPCs.
Fixed a bug where monsters could turn to a gateway in Japan to play Path of Exile's story.
Puncture and Viper Strike now have a hidden damage multiplier that would cause spontaneous hair growth or a 4-linked rare item.
Bleeding doesn't do extra damage while the target is stationary, making it a more versatile source of desync with Blink Arrow and Mirror Arrow.
Fire Traps's damage over time and pierce have been buffed, bringing them on par with the Bandits have been renamed Port.
Bleeding and Poison are now 'Left-click' and 'Right-click'.
Removed the Cruel Labyrinth, the Merciless Labyrinth, you must complete the Cruel Labyrinth, you must use this before allocating or refunding any other waypoint..
+15% to all attacks (not just melee)
Puncture's description has been reduced to 35%
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
The Join button for races would not remove the buffs being granted by Headhunter.
Eramir grants 2 Passive Skill Points if you receive a whisper while it is enraged is now more rewarding.
The Dying Exile's voice acting has been updated. The functionality remains unchanged.
Players who want to change their bandit reward choice will have immediate access to maps.
Bleeding doesn't do extra damage while the weapon is in the Cruel and Merciless difficulty levels.
Fixed a bug where Berek's Respite could cause the UI to display in your hideout.
You can no longer exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
A play in two acts:

quote:

You can now be found in The Fall of Oriath
You can no longer exist.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
That last line sounds like a death threat.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Poison is back baby

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
this is a buff

fake edit: gonna do wormblaster strait out of the gate. shield charge+cast on melee kill+lightning warp

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
REAL PATCH NOTES WHEN!?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the real ones are usually the day after the markov ones arent they?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I literally says in the post above that real patchnotes will probably be out tomorrow

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

TheRat posted:

I literally says in the post above that real patchnotes will probably be out tomorrow

But how do we know that's real??

J
Jun 10, 2001

zxqv8 posted:

Someone suggested descriptions of the ascendancy classes and I thought I'd take a crack at it. There are about a hundred caveats to each description, but I think as long as it's stressed that build variation is nearly infinite so these aren't proscribed roles it should be enough to deliver the basic ideas of each one.

These are a lot better than the low effort poo poo I had slapped in there earlier today, added them. Thanks!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TheRat posted:

you say that like i didnt just read the quoted notes at the top of this page

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

J posted:

These are a lot better than the low effort poo poo I had slapped in there earlier today, added them. Thanks!

I updated a few just a few minutes ago to make sure I'm not totally wrong about stuff after people pointed out some stuff I was wrong about.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I did not read the fake patchnotes. Shocking I'm sure.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Oh yeah, can a cool goon invite RighteousNoPantsLegacy to the guild? May as well get myself back in there now before the flood of players 3.0 is likely to bring.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Oh yeah, can a cool goon invite RighteousNoPantsLegacy to the guild? May as well get myself back in there now before the flood of players 3.0 is likely to bring.

done

stanislaus
Aug 5, 2008
What kind of ES totals are people getting on budget gear in 3.0? I wanna go ED as a league starter and occultist has always been the no-brainer, but I feel like life trickster (or hybrid? MOM?) may end up being better now

Would also appreciate a ginvite to dockam if there's still room, thanks

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/892199168902438914

The voice ones are...weird.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

dominus loves orb

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

I'm kind of into it.

"Indescribable..."

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I've considered setting the sounds to use Hearthstone Innkeeper pack opening sounds. Oohhhhh golden legendary.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Part of that sounds like he's channeling the Caretaker from Darkest Dungeon :stare:

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
They're just laying the groundwork for next year's April Fools update, in which every scroll drop will be met with "A scroll... of wisdom!"

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

theshim posted:

Part of that sounds like he's channeling the Caretaker from Darkest Dungeon :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbf7a-aK4ts

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ixjuvin posted:

They're just laying the groundwork for next year's April Fools update, in which every scroll drop will be met with "A scroll... of wisdom!"

Every time you use a scroll of wisdom..."Stay awhile and listen!"

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

How's this look for a storm call character?

https://pastebin.com/WjCVqi50

inquisitor non crit, 85k per ball or so

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
A Perandus chest shows up and he's all "but yonder, a glint of gold!"

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Every time a unique drops I just hear MACHINATIONS

The way that guy says fusing sounds like a cowboy. Tips his hat and says fu'sin

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 1, 2017

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Hmm choices choices. Plain ethereal knives or 100% conversion to fire ethereal knives (ngamahu's flame) , crit or none crit. Scion looks like the winner unless frenzy charges get their spell damage back.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 1, 2017

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Lol, I ended breach league by dropping and 6ling a skyforge, and now a few hours after legacy ended I chance up some skyforths

maybe someday I'll get them during a league instead

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Today I realized that every ball of Storm Burst hits as it passes through enemies and (I assume) must roll crit chance individually. It also looks like it spams them pretty drat fast, with path of building showing 5-6 per second with no faster casting or GMP and only moderate cast speed on the tree.

Storm Burst CwC Discharge can probably be a viable thing with Voll's Protector + Devotion.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

storm burst totems also sounds like it'd look hilarious

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Oh now there's an idea. I wonder what the totem behavior will be for releasing Storm Burst? With Flameblast it just releases at full stacks, and with Blight and Scorching Ray it's binary on/off.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929712

quote:

With the release of The Fall of Oriath, we're going to be changing the threshold so that you only need to deal 10% of a target's life to gain a maximum effect shock. This will make it much easier to apply Shock effects to very high health bosses, which achieves our desired goal; Lightning and Cold based characters can now apply their own ailments to bosses, but not at a strength that would make the encounter too easy without appropriate investment. This means that we can now remove all Chill and Shock immunity from end-game boss encounters. We've removed the minimum, so as long as you'd have a 1% effect with your Chill or Shock, the ailment will be displayed and will have an effect.

Also the weird split arrow jewel is out :(

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And for those of you who are lazy, Power charge's increased critical remains, but at 40%. Frenzy charge's more global damage remains.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
RIP threshold jewel vendor, I was really looking forward to that change :(

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Has ignite immunity/scaling been touched?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lechtansi posted:

RIP threshold jewel vendor, I was really looking forward to that change :(

yeah that's mad dumb

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Sounds like there's still going to be a quest that gives one of your choice though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

can the new loot filter sounds be used to make my game yell orb every time an orb drops?