Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Games coming out this month that matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ghaG4VyaA

gently caress yeah, new Delicious! Emily's game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Ground floor :getin:

I think I'm going to try playing some mediocre GC platformers, here at 9:00 on this July 31st

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i'm on chapter 13 of ffxv so i'll be here walking down identical corridors forever

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Happy Birthmonth to users CJacobs and Olive Garden tonight! and whoever else happens to have a birthday in the month of August.

Also, thank you Jay Rust for the poll.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Ground floor :getin:

I think I'm going to try playing some mediocre GC platformers, here at 9:00 on this July 31st

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG45AyHLEX4

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I'm not loving with you, I have Vexx loaded up right now

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I kind of feel like playing Warframe, but I also kind of feel like sitting down and actually trying to play the Kingdom Hearts series.

Send help, chat thread.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I'm not loving with you, I have Vexx loaded up right now

i hope you enjoy it

it's actually a surprisingly ok game and even lets you skip the tutorial and all the cutscenes and has sort of decent atmosphere and design, it's just also like 1/3rd of a game so it also feels like a drugged up incoherent mario 64 clone nightmare. the developers had to split one level into two just so they didn't have an empty space where a level should have been

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 1, 2017

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i don't get it

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Ground floor, let's keep up the gaming through this month :D

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i have a truly badass computer for the first time ever whats a really obnoxiously pretty game to play

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How'd the bday go Strix?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

Games coming out this month that matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ghaG4VyaA

gently caress yeah, new Delicious! Emily's game!

How can you make a pregnancy game without Elsa, Spidergirl, the Minions, or orthodontic surgery? 0/10, would not buy

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

How'd the bday go Strix?

Great!! I had a great time, good pizza, and amongst my gifts is this kickin' rad book!

It was basically exactly as chill and fun as I wanted! :D

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am busy collecting Ivory Charms in Breath of Fire 3 and grinding lava men.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Great!! I had a great time, good pizza, and amongst my gifts is this kickin' rad book!

It was basically exactly as chill and fun as I wanted! :D

Congrats! :D

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Scalding Coffee posted:

hi breath of fire 3 buddy

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The fact that I never got to go to an actual LAN party growing up has always been a bit of a blindspot for me so I'm pretty hyped that a friend is hosting one this weekend :woop:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

oddium posted:

i don't get it

Sounds like 'honest'

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
does emily's miracle of life fall under "examples of extremely unfortunate logo design" because i keep reading it as "delicious emily's etc etc"

idk maybe i'm just too :420:ed out right now

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's the Delicious: series

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

I love that the volcano rock enemies have big rock asses if you catch them from behind.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

does emily's miracle of life fall under "examples of extremely unfortunate logo design" because i keep reading it as "delicious emily's etc etc"

idk maybe i'm just too :420:ed out right now

It really does look like delicious emily's but it's meant to be delicious: emily's since all of the games with subtitles go delicious - emily's ________

Same with her sister's series, fabulous - angela's ___________

The Heart games don't follow that name formula though since they're called Heart's Medicine - _____________ instead of something like Caduceus - Allison's ____________

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I kind of feel like playing Warframe, but I also kind of feel like sitting down and actually trying to play the Kingdom Hearts series.

Send help, chat thread.

Kingdom Hearts is cool and good. Warframe is not (I have not played Warframe in like 4 years).

And the game I'm playing tonight is waiting for some work data to transfer so I can work on it here at home.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I like the idea of Warframe but I don't understand why every game of its kind has to have such a ridiculously complicated and opaque progression / gearing system.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I like the idea of Warframe but I don't understand why every game of its kind has to have such a ridiculously complicated and opaque progression / gearing system.

It wasn't always like that, but war... War has changed.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/photonblaze/status/891429565901524994

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think the only new games I'm getting this month are Yakuza Kiwami and Everybody's Golf and they're still four weeks away.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

:psyduck:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Phantasium posted:

I love that the volcano rock enemies have big rock asses if you catch them from behind.
Everything about them can be made into one big sex joke.

I wish I didn't put up items that might be a max difficulty copy in the village. Takes about 30 encounters and I still remember trying to copy that Life Armor.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Are you making GBS threads me

e: this was like halfway up a vertical platforming section with no checkpoints. Immediately followed by instant kill crushers. This is the first level

Olive! fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Aug 1, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

Happy Birthmonth to users CJacobs and Olive Garden tonight! and whoever else happens to have a birthday in the month of August.

Also, thank you Jay Rust for the poll.

:respek:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Friends, in the final hours of July I have beaten Panic Restaurant and in these, the first days of August, I hunger for more NES/Genesis/GB/GBA games!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Friends, in the final hours of July I have beaten Panic Restaurant and in these, the first days of August, I hunger for more NES/Genesis/GB/GBA games!

Did someone say PANIC RESTAURANT???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQedfsvdMAI

:dance:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Okay, which funny money has a game cost 865 dollars?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

One final gift I got for myself as a late present: I preordered this cool tank!

e: I'm an adult I swear, I say as I look at my new toys and play my new games and anticipate more cool toys coming in the mail

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The devs have literally bragged that they don't have a design document.

Everything both good and bad that they do is, in some way, an accident

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lizard Wizard posted:

Look, you already know what I'm going to tell you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

*pounds fist on desk*

I said I needed more games!

• Locked thread