Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Guy Mann posted:

How can you make a pregnancy game without Elsa, Spidergirl, the Minions, or orthodontic surgery? 0/10, would not buy

I think they're going to eat the baby...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

StrixNebulosa posted:

e: I'm an adult I swear, I say as I look at my new toys and play my new games and anticipate more cool toys coming in the mail

If you aren't already following the AliExpress thread give it a look, it's rad for finding weird cheap little things that you order as a present for your future self since it can take weeks or even months for a shipment to arrive you'll have probably forgotten you even ordered it in the first place.

e. To tie it into the thread, here's Lego Hitler with Metal Gear Solid's logo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

One final gift I got for myself as a late present: I preordered this cool tank!

e: I'm an adult I swear, I say as I look at my new toys and play my new games and anticipate more cool toys coming in the mail

That looks cool but oof, 21 bucks? Or 36 if you get two?

I remember getting these a while back, I only ever built the first one though because they're big and I don't exactly have any free and open space where they'd be able to stand safely. If I had them out on any of my current shelves, they'd get knocked over and potentially destroyed by the cats in no time. Anyway, I got these at Five and Below. I'm sure I've shown you them before but I'll post them for others to see, too.

Also, while searching for those pics, this came up. I know you like transformers so uhhh I don't think this is official but you might get a kick out of it or something.

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Action-Figure-Diecast-Trucks/dp/B01556H0M4

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

raditts posted:

I think they're going to eat the baby...?
To serve man.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Guy Mann posted:

If you aren't already following the AliExpress thread give it a look, it's rad for finding weird cheap little things that you order as a present for your future self since it can take weeks or even months for a shipment to arrive you'll have probably forgotten you even ordered it in the first place.

This looks completely bonkers - and I never go into GBS, so, thanks!

FirstAidKite posted:

That looks cool but oof, 21 bucks? Or 36 if you get two?

I remember getting these a while back, I only ever built the first one though because they're big and I don't exactly have any free and open space where they'd be able to stand safely. If I had them out on any of my current shelves, they'd get knocked over and potentially destroyed by the cats in no time. Anyway, I got these at Five and Below. I'm sure I've shown you them before but I'll post them for others to see, too.

Holy cow those robots look radical and I want them - I have big empty shelves waiting for more cool toys, haha.

And yeah, the tank is a bit expensive, but I have no idea how expensive papercrafts are in general, so :shrug: I talk to the guy on twitter and like him so I figure half of the money goes to making him have a good day, which is good. :D The rest goes to getting a cool little project I can put together and stick next to my Shockwaves!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm feeling some guilt about the games I have but don't have the time to play.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im moving in 30 hrs. Idk if im ready cause im playing games instead of packin consoles.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chumbler posted:

I'm feeling some guilt about the games I have but don't have the time to play.

You get used to it

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

StrixNebulosa posted:

Even if you don't want to buy anything it's a fun thread, like when we found people selling seeds for plants that don't actually exist or all the times weird fetish artwork got scooped up by a clueless manufacturer and slapped on a product. Also almost every big gaming pre-order/special edition doohickey you've ever missed out on is being sold there right now.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I hunger for more NES/Genesis/GB/GBA games!

for some reason, my friend recommended to me out of the blue donkey kong 94 on the game boy today, so this must be the reason he said it. the chaos in the universe has spoken

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Thanks to AliExpress every time I put on my pants I feel like I'm living in the future because I got an automatic belt with an appropriately Deus Ex-rear end buckle for less than a regular belt at Walmart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7mxzVq-20w

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Holy cow those robots look radical and I want them - I have big empty shelves waiting for more cool toys, haha.

And yeah, the tank is a bit expensive, but I have no idea how expensive papercrafts are in general, so :shrug: I talk to the guy on twitter and like him so I figure half of the money goes to making him have a good day, which is good. :D The rest goes to getting a cool little project I can put together and stick next to my Shockwaves!

https://www.amazon.com/DIY-3D-Creator-Battle-Robot/dp/B01GCXCVQE
https://www.amazon.com/DIY-Creator-Battle-Robot-Model/dp/B017VS1O30
https://www.amazon.com/DIY-Creator-Battle-Robot-Model/dp/B017VRGP2Q

Knock yourself out.

I've done papercraft stuff before. Here's a gift I made for a person during a secret santa a couple years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNSA777KT68

He likes monster musume so I made him one of those automata papercrafts, the things where you make paper gears and paper cranks and you create a small machine that moves, and I took a pattern for a separate design and redid it with a monster musume theme.

Papercraft is fun. Designing something from the ground up with original art tho, idk. I've only ever made pre-existing designs and the 1 time I stepped out of my comfort zone was when I made that present I linked there so...

e: lmao I forgot I even made him that second thing too. That was from a pre-existing design I found on deviantart though, not something I custom did or anything like that. Most I did there was I scaled the size up iirc cause I wanted him to have something bigger. It's Miia from Monster Musume but she had different outfits you could put on her by taking her head off and sliding the outfit over top or swapping her body with a different body.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 1, 2017

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Guy Mann posted:

The fact that I never got to go to an actual LAN party growing up has always been a bit of a blindspot for me so I'm pretty hyped that a friend is hosting one this weekend :woop:

i never did a BYO LAN party but i did the "hijack an empty computer room to play quake deathmatch" thing

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've played about 2 hours of Pyre and it's real fuckin' good so far, like real real fuckin' good

I named the hippie girl Bae

The amount of strategy involved in Fantasy Basketball so far seems to boil down to "get the rabbit the ball and just run and jump in" but it's still very fun

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
MGSV is trying to update? Oh, poo poo, you can play as Ocelot

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Look, you already know what I'm going to tell you

Time Zone is nice but I'm bad at it

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Holy poo poo at the aiming in Timesplitters 2. How was this ever considered acceptable?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like how this thread's title is a direct answer to last month's title :)

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

The Walrus posted:

i have a truly badass computer for the first time ever whats a really obnoxiously pretty game to play

GTA5 is freaking beautiful. I'm not too up on what the modern equivalent of Crysis is but I can tell you that much.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

MGSV is trying to update? Oh, poo poo, you can play as Ocelot

Finally a reason to play this lovely game.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

August is Splatoon month. All months going forward are Splatoon month.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

August is Splatoon month. All months going forward are Splatoon month.

Bring splatoon to PC and I'll allow it

e: lol

https://twitter.com/howtuffareya/status/891696120828645381

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Aug 1, 2017

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

i have a truly badass computer for the first time ever whats a really obnoxiously pretty game to play

A. Beaverhausen posted:

GTA5 is freaking beautiful. I'm not too up on what the modern equivalent of Crysis is but I can tell you that much.

Witcher 3 is up there in gorgeous games.

And Crysis modern equivalent is Crysis 3, I think. Any other game that strains machines is just bad optimization, or obscenely huge loads all at once.

Alternatively, DOOM, which should actually be about hitting 60 frames instead of looking good, but if you can do both, you're in for a hell of a pretty game.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
To kick off this new month of video games I just beat Prey and drat, that's a good fuckin game. I don't know if I want to dive back in for a second playthrough right away or move on to something a little lighter for a bit, but I'm probably gonna be going back for a second playthrough at some point.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

wh-- white ink confirmed!!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Bought Kingdoms and Castles.

Returned Kingdoms and Castles.

I've played phone games with more engaging gameplay and richer features.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I am going to watch a lot of dota 2 this month

Ti hype begins now

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Guy Mann posted:

Thanks to AliExpress every time I put on my pants I feel like I'm living in the future because I got an automatic belt with an appropriately Deus Ex-rear end buckle for less than a regular belt at Walmart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7mxzVq-20w

Auto-erotic asphyxiation never looked so good!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

LawfulWaffle posted:

Auto-erotic asphyxiation never looked so good!

That poo poo's not funny. I had a roommate die doing that over spring break one year.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
That sucks to hear but the thought of someone choking themselves to have a better wank is so :psyduck: to me

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

from the previous thread:

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't think anyone did that

https://www.destructoid.com/review-zombiu-238776.phtml

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-18-zombiu-review

https://www.polygon.com/2012/11/18/3661932/zombiu-review

https://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/zombiu-review/1900-548/

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Macarius Wrench posted:

That sucks to hear but the thought of someone choking themselves to have a better wank is so :psyduck: to me

If you were the kind of guy who stays in the dorms over spring break things get pretty desperate.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

If you were the kind of guy who stays in the dorms over spring break things get pretty desperate.

Did. Did they not have access to google?

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

dis astranagant posted:

That's what wank banks were made for

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

StrixNebulosa posted:

Did. Did they not have access to google?

How do you think he found the videos of people having the same bad idea but multiplayer style to wank to. I knew nothing about it til the cop investigating decided to get all graphic about what was found on his laptop and how they found him. Poor dude had his pants around his ankles and a Walmart sack over his head.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not how I'd want to go

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

How do you think he found the videos of people having the same bad idea but multiplayer style to wank to. I knew nothing about it til the cop investigating decided to get all graphic about what was found on his laptop and how they found him. Poor dude had his pants around his ankles and a Walmart sack over his head.

:gonk:

I'm so sorry dude

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sounds freaking hilarious to me.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This month is already off to a dark start

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gonna have my last words inscribed on my tombstone: 'burn my hard drive'.

• Locked thread