Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sakurazuka posted:

Gonna have my last words inscribed on my tombstone: 'here lies Healbot, he never scored

higher than 100k in Parodius'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I got a 3DS XL, Hey! Pikmin, Xenoblade, and Super Metroid yesterday. :dance: Xenoblade is pretty cool so far, I finally got to the "things go wrong" RPG scene after the tutorials.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Going to be away from my ps2 for a while now even though I was almost done with DDS. Thank god for the switch's portability

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sakurazuka posted:

Gonna have my last words inscribed on my tombstone: 'burn my hard drive'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elA6WDvKGG0&t=7s

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
PSA: Keep your fetishes safe, everyone. It might not easy to explain why you've been letting Sonic get closer and closer to drowning for your epic edge sesh, but what are video games for if not to live out your secret desires.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME

ANYWAY, to bring us out of that darkness and into the light, here's a full(?) list of August releases from Forbes, the first site with such a list that isn't blocked by my employer.

The Long Dark (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 1
Tacoma (Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 2
Ark: Survival Evolved (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 8
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PS4, PC) - Aug. 8
Lawbreakers (PS4, PC) - Aug. 8
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Aug.8
Sudden Strike 4 (PC, Mac, Linux) - Aug. 11
Agents of Mayhem (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 15
Cities: Skylines (PS4) - Aug. 15
Matterfall (PS4) - Aug. 15
Sonic Mania (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) - Aug. 15
Sudden Strike 4 (PS4) - Aug. 15
The Escapists 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 22
Guardians Of The Galaxy Episode 3 (PS4, Xbox One, PC, PS3, Xbox 360, iOS) - Aug. 22
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4) - Aug. 22
F1 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 25
Madden NFL 18 (PS4, Xbox One) - Aug. 25
Absolver (PS4, PC) - Aug. 29
Culdcept Revolt (3DS) - Aug. 29
Everybody's Golf (PS4) - Aug. 29
Hello Neighbor (Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 29
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch) - Aug. 29
Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition (PS4, Xbox One) - Aug. 29
Redout (PS4, Xbox One) - Aug. 29
Warriors All-Stars (PS4, PC) - Aug. 29
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (PC) - Aug. 29
Yakuza Kiwami (PS4) - Aug. 29
Life is Strange: Before the Storm (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 31

Stand outs for me are Sonic Mania and Absolver, maybe Culdcept Revolt if I find my 3DS charging cable. Gonna wait on Yakuza until I finish Zero.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Same. Im only on chapter 7 of Yakuza Zero about 20 hours in. Im only chipping off a chapter a month or so... be lucky to have it finished by the end of the year.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Since Heart's Medicine has turned this thread on to casual mom games I want to mention that Hero of the Kingdom is 90% off and it's a great chillax hidden object/inventory management game with generic RPG trappings.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Guy Mann posted:

Since Heart's Medicine has turned this thread on to casual mom games I want to mention that Hero of the Kingdom is 90% off and it's a great chillax hidden object/inventory management game with generic RPG trappings.

It's fun for moms-to-be, too, if my wife is any metric. She's also a fan of Dream Daddy and Cook, Serve, Delicious.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh I forgot about MMLC 2 I'll probably pick that up too.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It is really annoying to me that MMLC2 doesn't have Mega Man and Bass

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah :(

Trouble is I think only the GBA version has an English translation and backporting that to the SNES version, which they have to emulate for MM7, is beyond the effort Capcom is capable of.

E: actually it's all ports not emulation I think so it's just Crapcom being themselves

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Aug 1, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think I would like Delicious more than Heart's Medicine, if the Emily levels in that game are any indication. I like the time management aspect more than the mobile phone minigames, which got really annoying by the end.

Key-tapping minigames are fine, though. I am really looking forward to Cook Serve Delicious 2

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

It's fun for moms-to-be, too, if my wife is any metric. She's also a fan of Dream Daddy and Cook, Serve, Delicious.

Congrats! If you need help with naming your unborn child, please don't hesitate to ask the thread

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

It is really annoying to me that MMLC2 doesn't have Mega Man and Bass

They're saving you from it, frankly.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The long summer drought is over and it's back to Gud Game Season™

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No video games I want this month. Just patiently waiting for Forza Motorsport 7 at the end of September.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Gonna play :black101: HELLBLADE :black101: and Uncharted TLL this month

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Congrats! If you need help with naming your unborn child, please don't hesitate to ask the thread

We have a name in mind (from a video game character, natch) but nothing's set in stone yet. I'll take suggestions for names for a baby boy. We've got about 6 weeks to mull them over.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
No new games I want but I still have to play Yakuza 0 and Nier: A.

No time for games :negative:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna play Rabbids and Night Trap 25th Anniversary Edition

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

LawfulWaffle posted:

We have a name in mind (from a video game character, natch) but nothing's set in stone yet. I'll take suggestions for names for a baby boy. We've got about 6 weeks to mull them over.

9s

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

LawfulWaffle posted:

Resenence Jeopardy
Dauntless Javelot
Wilfish Implexion

real names from Sign for the Sacred by Storm Constantine

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I'm going to play good video games this month.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

StrixNebulosa posted:

Resenence Jeopardy
Dauntless Javelot
Wilfish Implexion

real names from Sign for the Sacred by Storm Constantine

wtf for a second I thought you were reading rejects from this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oymWAeqv_-c

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

LawfulWaffle posted:

haha, nope. They're names from my favorite crazy author. All of her stuff is 100% batshit in hilarious ways. :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have started getting good at Bloodborne* and my fighting game stick arrived as well.
It is a wonderful year for video gaming. I'd even go so far as to say this has been my most favourite video gaming year ever. :D

(*Lady Videogames has turned out to be an adept at it and I'd much rather watch her play because she owns those moves!)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

LawfulWaffle posted:

Pacífica Ocean.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

That owns

LawfulWaffle posted:

I remember seeing this. I'm Bobson Dugnutt

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Switch also gets Sine Mora EX and the Azure Striker Gunvolt HD 60FPS 2-pack this month

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think I would like Delicious more than Heart's Medicine, if the Emily levels in that game are any indication. I like the time management aspect more than the mobile phone minigames, which got really annoying by the end.

Key-tapping minigames are fine, though. I am really looking forward to Cook Serve Delicious 2

The Fabulous games are closer to Delicious in that regard. Just time management, no minigames. Also extremely ridiculous stories.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DLC Inc posted:

Switch also gets Sine Mora EX and the Azure Striker Gunvolt HD 60FPS 2-pack this month

Bleh to the first, cool to the second

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
gunvolt 2 is pretty good

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
Where's a good place to start with the Delicious! series?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

gunvolt 2 is pretty good

Better than the first one in my opinion (the recent Mighty Gunvolt Burst is pretty good too, it's basically MN9 only fun to play).

I'm cautiously anticipating Before the Storm despite everything going against it (Chloe's new voice actress, DontNod having little to no involvement in its production, the fact that it's even more unnecessary than most prequels considering the first game basically told us all we needed to know, etc.), still probably worth a shot though.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

LawfulWaffle posted:

JC
Little Boss
Gordon
Crash
Qubert

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just beat Mighty Gunvolt Burst for the 4th time, the new character has a fun design

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

In Training posted:

I just beat Mighty Gunvolt Burst for the 4th time, the new character has a fun design

Is the DLC out for the 3DS version yet or is it still just on the Switch?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

Big Bo or Khushnood Butt

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what was the neogaf guy's son's name. kale render or something

e: it was Kale Breckin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I like to run potential names through a few tests to see if they sound right.

"It's an honor to have you on the show, Senator Little Boss Waffles."

gently caress, skip the middle man and name the kid Senator. That's a pro strat right there.

• Locked thread