Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

which game are you two talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

which game are you two talking about?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826604&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

i went in hard on jamsman day one and it went poorly.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh right, I skimmed that game but I didn't remember anything apart from pera having some crazy elaborate claim that didn't work out

I don't think anyone's going too hard on Jam though, it's not like slapfight levels yet, he just looked like one of the best leads on D1 and that could change once he's around and posting more stuff

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

that's in the absence of any real pressure though. how would interpret that? do you see it as scummy because he was town that last game, or are you saying he's approaching this game with a different attitude?

That's true, but in the temple game not too long ago he was town and very antagonistic against lurkers, against people talking to him in a way he didn't like, against everyone. Maybe it's too small a sample size, but he's played a few games since he came back and just generally been more emotional.

But that may also be because of non-game stuff, I dunno. Just something I noticed is all.

I probably have not given this game enough thought yet. I can't remember the last flipless game I played in, it's tough not being able to get much info from the kills.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Been living my life, sorry for not being here and for not participating much, I'll try to get my top 3 leads.

I'm really surprised I'm getting chastised for trying to take a more reasoned approach to the game instead of taking the cheap way out and using emotional appeal.

I've been skimming the thread and not really making any connections because I'm being lazy, but I'll turn it around asap, please trust I'm not scum.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Jamuraan posted:

Been living my life, sorry for not being here and for not participating much, I'll try to get my top 3 leads.

I'm really surprised I'm getting chastised for trying to take a more reasoned approach to the game instead of taking the cheap way out and using emotional appeal.

I've been skimming the thread and not really making any connections because I'm being lazy, but I'll turn it around asap, please trust I'm not scum.

I, at least, am not calling you out for being more reasonable. I'm calling you out for being wishy washy. I don't want to beat a dead horse, so after this I'll talk about someone else, but this

Jamuraan posted:

I just said it's suspicious that he didn't even comment on it, even if it's a joke vote. He completely ignored it. I understand it didn't really warrant a response, but I thought it was odd enough that I didn't even get a mention.

"He didn't comment, even though it's a joke. I understand it didn't warrant a response, but thought it was odd I didn't get one."

You went back and forth twice in that one post. It's just a weak statement. But that was day 1, and I have faith that in Day 2 you will either shine brightly... or keep this up and give new reasons to vote you to go with this.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Funnily enough, rereading through I'm not a big fan of Hal so far this game. He's been playing a very low key game, mostly throwing out soft meta defenses/light meta shade. He even said himself he hasn't really given this game enough thought yet.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

For my last two call outs before I sleep, Sandwolf posted one connected streak near the end of yesterday after lurking a bunch, and hasn't been back yet today. And MMT needs to come back in here and give us posts to go on.

Honestly if we aren't getting flips we all need to be pretty active (which is something of a struggle for me, I'll admit), because that's all we'll have to go off of.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mithross posted:

Honestly if we aren't getting flips we all need to be pretty active (which is something of a struggle for me, I'll admit)

Well, you're already way more active than you were in FF5, so there's that :v:

Interesting that you're also feeling suss on Hal. I want to see more serious engagement from him instead of just chilling out and not seeming fazed at all by the lack of flips.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Bifauxnen posted:

Well, you're already way more active than you were in FF5, so there's that :v:

Triggered. :eng99:

I'm phonebound until morning, will reread when home from work

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I wonder if this is pera's take on the flipless game she was in. I wasn't really prepared for that. Busy day at work but I'll get at this when I have a moment.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
A flipless game does take the wind out of my sails a bit, but I'll try.

I just woke up, but I'll give the game another read.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK well I'm not one to let a game just wallow into a barely noticable crawl because of something like flipless, so good or bad I'm just gonna claim:

I'm Venus, and know a little bit about the setup. Mostly, I know that everyone here SHOULD be in a masonry of some kind. I'm not in one because Kyu got got N0 so I'm all alone now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmmm, silence.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Um, I'm not in a masonry?

Why do you think everyone is in a masonry?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It was implied in my PM.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Implied isn't a strong enough word, but it's what I was told without going into PM specifics.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not really seeing what you're seeing, but I feel iffy going into PM specifics.

I'm not in a masonry though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I don't want to go down the role pm rabbit hole but my pm would clearly be different anyway unless you were also partnered with Kyu.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm not in a masonry, and I know this is a little role PM-y, but I don't really have anything alluding to that either.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So, what the what, Max?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Dunno, just going off what I know.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

But at least people are talking?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I guess. It just seems like it may have been a bit more inconsequential than you hoped.

I was gonna go read through and see who helped steer the Flamander lynch to look for scum, but then I realized he could have been scum anyways.

I've not played in a flipless game in a long, long time. Aren't we essentially just lynching until we've either lost or won?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It feels that way.

More realistically though, we can still look at who is being scummy, it's just difficult to make any connections between people?

Pod was almost definitely town, but I never really find the WIFOM around NK targets particularly fruitful.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I guess. It just seems like it may have been a bit more inconsequential than you hoped.

I was gonna go read through and see who helped steer the Flamander lynch to look for scum, but then I realized he could have been scum anyways.

I've not played in a flipless game in a long, long time. Aren't we essentially just lynching until we've either lost or won?

Yeah I guess it was? I wasn't sure when it was just Asiina but if two people are saying it now then I guess pera lied to me which is cool I guess.

And yeah looks that way about the flipless stuff. I generally like to know that I'm getting into a flipless game from the outset. Ecco had a game recently that had a majority of the flips get janitored and it really dragged things to a halt, which is why I didn't want a repeat of that today and just posted that info. But now it looks like even that doesn't exist so I dunno where to go with that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm on my way out soon. When I get back tonight I'll try to cobble together some thoughts on everyone. I can't seem to remember a lot of my opinions even from yesterday, so I need to read back.

Just from this though I feel pretty good about Max. He was wrong, but that is a pretty bold play if he was scum to say that everyone is in a masonry. I don't see scum as wanting to make such definitive statements about the setup.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I'm not going to be able to focus on this until tonight as well. Now I'm really listless with what Asiina and Sandwolf said so I really have no clue anymore.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
... no one else is in a masonry?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Is that directed at me or everyone else?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am not in a masonry

I don't mind the flipless bit, it makes things a little trickier but usually you can get enough info from people's posts so whatevs.

I'm working now but I'll be around to post plenty tonight

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm home and catching up now! I'm not in a masonry.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Not liking this at all, I'm watching you rear end in a top hat grandpa

peramene posted:

Nikki, as played by Podima, has been popped.

Bifauxnen posted:

##vote hal

##vote Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What am I missing here?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I've also never played flipless and agree with the sentiment of "wait, doesn't that mean we're stuck in perpetual d1?" but am always down for a challenge :j: I haven't really seen anything from Jam that's made me change my mind there yet but I guess there's still plenty of time in the game day for that.

Right now my gut leans towards Flam and Pod both having been town - I feel like the d1 lynch resulting in scum is almost as rare as the NK doing it.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

<nested quotes>

Interesting catch, if that's what it looks like.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh I see, you are saying Bif watched Pod and I visited him?

Well that didn't happen so if that what Bif is actually claiming she needs to come out and say it then

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

What am I missing here?

Bif made a post about watching the NK target, and then voted you to open D2 - it's entirely possible (probable even) that she was just goofing around but I figured it's as good of an opening vote as any.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why not ask for clarity on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

Why not ask for clarity on that?

I mean, I basically am, I just thought that'd be as good a way to do it as any.

• Locked thread