Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I don't have a long history of watching NJPW, so I haven't grown attached to the older wrestlers that have been kicking rear end for years and years... yet I still feel bad when the old guys lose :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's normal and right to want Nagata to win every single match.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

another thing I didn't expect: I really like the crowd yelling "KAZE NI NARE" but it seems so unfitting for Minoru Suzuki. The crowd claps along and sings that line while a psychopathic sadist kicks a young boy in the dick and prepares to brutally torture people.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

dromal phrenia posted:

another thing I didn't expect: I really like the crowd yelling "KAZE NI NARE" but it seems so unfitting for Minoru Suzuki. The crowd claps along and sings that line while a psychopathic sadist kicks a young boy in the dick and prepares to brutally torture people.

hey, if i can't chant to the anime music, what can i chant to

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

dromal phrenia posted:

it's as much a sign of respect for the guy doing this for more than 20 years (and with the same entrance theme to boot) as it is a "face" thing.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

harperdc posted:

it's as much a sign of respect for the guy doing this for more than 20 years (and with the same entrance theme to boot) as it is a "face" thing.

This makes sense, but it feels weird. Doesn't make me want to sing along any less. Did he always have this character or did he start as a face?

In other news I'm watching some G1 right now (probably a bad idea since I plan to watch RAW tonight) and in this 6-man tag did Juice just bust open Suzuki's chest?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I may have missed some of the non-tournament matches he was involved in, but by my count, Hiromu is 4-0 since the death of Daryl. That's a motivated man if I've ever seen one

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I'm under the impression that NJPW didn't expect the death of Daryl to become such a bit thing on English language twitter and the whole thing has come as a bit of a pleasant surprise to them.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Bread club is going to explode when Kojima finally wins something

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Suzuki's theme is probably the best in wrestling as it's catchy as all hell yet still bad rear end. His entry at the Tokyo dome with it being sung live is still one of the best.

I so want Nagata to run the table now that he's eliminated but I doubt he'll do it

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

dromal phrenia posted:

Watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0P-SgpwYnE

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rip shibata's theme

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

dromal phrenia posted:

This makes sense, but it feels weird. Doesn't make me want to sing along any less. Did he always have this character or did he start as a face?

In other news I'm watching some G1 right now (probably a bad idea since I plan to watch RAW tonight) and in this 6-man tag did Juice just bust open Suzuki's chest?

His nickname is "The man with the worst personality in the world," I'm not sure he's ever truly worked face. Tweener at best. Comedy badass in DDT might be the closest.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

He's full on babyface in One Piece. That's about it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Soul-piercing words. i'm not "messing around" about it. if you think wwf is good and then see hiromu pouring out his heart for real you would start vomiting everywhere from emotional overload

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hiromu is gonna be such a good babyface and he should beat up that Evil Fale to cement that status

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Wait what was the latest act? Something after Daryl's death?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jenny Angel posted:

Wait what was the latest act? Something after Daryl's death?

fale killed a fan's daryl a couple days ago

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Anyone got clips of a few years ago when Dave was upset the G1 was putting Elgin in and he viewed him as washed up/not good anymore and complaining they weren't bringing someone else from RoH in

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I truly love Hiromu and Daryl and move to make positive posts about Bad Luck Fale a bannable offence.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

dromal phrenia posted:

i feel like suzuki is the crowd's collective uncle, and he gets in trouble with the law and rides a motorcycle, but like, he still loves his family and is just a good guy in a bad situation

thats my headcanon at least.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I know he'll get killed but if they don't run Hiromu/Fale at the G1 finals they're fools.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

MiSu gets very mad at you if you don't clap and sing along. You should clap and sing along

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Minoru Suzuki is a bitter old man who is tired of whatever it is you are doing.

Unless the thing you are doing is acknowledging the greatness of Minoru Suzuki. He's generally okay with that unless you're using the NWA Titles as an example. Then he is super tired of your poo poo.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I dunno one of the better bits of the G1 when was Suzuki was about to beat up Desperado until Desperado reminded him that he's his team mate. Basic gist is Suzuki can beat anyone up if he wants

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I am hype for Big Mike vs Swole Vampire

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Frankston posted:

I am hype for Big Mike vs Swole Vampire

Yeah, turned on just in time to see them doing their best impersonation of Kobashi and Sasaki, and it rules.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I hate those lovely chops so, so much.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahahaha, Suzuki just standing there kicking a dead Kojima in the face, Tenzan runs over and kicks him in the leg and tells him to stop. Suzuki stares at him for a moment, perplexed, then turns back around and starts casually kicking Kojima in the face again.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

PIMPS CLUB

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nagata :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I am so, so happy at that result :)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tomorrow's show will be at the usual time of 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST

G1 Climax Night 12
August 2nd at 5:30 EDT/10:30 BST
Fukuoka Citizen Gymnasium

Tomoyuki Oka and Syota Umino vs. Katsuya Kitamura and Ren Narita
Yuji Nagata and Hirai Kawato vs. Kota Ibushi and Tiger Mask IV
CHAOS (Goto, Ishii, and YOSHI) vs. Bullet Club (Fale, Yujiro, and Owens)
Suzuki-gun (ZSJ, Taichi, and Desperado) vs. L.I.J (Naito, Hiromu, and BUSHI)
Hiroshi Tanahashi and Jushin Liger vs. Togi Makabe and David Finlay
G1 Climax B Block Match:Juice Robinson [2] vs. SANADA [6]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Michael Elgin [4] vs. Toru Yano [2]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Satoshi Kojima [0] vs. Minoru Suzuki [6]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Kazuchika Okada [10] vs. Tama Tonga [4]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Kenny Omega [8] vs. EVIL [8]

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Thauros posted:

G1 Climax B Block Match:Juice Robinson [2] vs. SANADA [6]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Michael Elgin [4] vs. Toru Yano [2]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Satoshi Kojima [0] vs. Minoru Suzuki [6]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Kazuchika Okada [10] vs. Tama Tonga [4]
G1 Climax B Block Match:Kenny Omega [8] vs. EVIL [8]

All the singles matches look awesome for different reasons.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't know how I'll deal with it if Okada's first loss came at the hands of Tama Tonga :allears:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Any chance of Juice taking the W over SANADA?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's a chance, but at this point I'd prefer SANADA to win and stay within touch with the top guys in the block. But I expect Juice to get at least one more win somewhere, preferably 2.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know how I'll deal with it if Okada's first loss came at the hands of Tama Tonga :allears:

If Tama Tonga loses then there's no chance of Michael Elgin making the finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
I don't see Okada losing in a semi-main. That loss is being saved for Kenny, or possibly the finals.

A Block, who the gently caress knows at this point. Still think Naito wins but nice to have a good top mix there for the back half.

• Locked thread