Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Doltos posted:

Most likely to be injured hmm... maybe Kawhi?

You assume I have a heart to break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The B_36 posted:

I don't get why my Hawks are so bad in this. I was expecting to be boring and uninspired but at least mediocre, around .500, but 1-8!? With the only win against the Bulls for some reason. Goddamn I'm a terrible NBA GM, and thus person :eng99:

Edit: Hey CBM, is there any way to get a minutes breakdown? Looks like my bench really isn't doing anything, I want to see if it's because they aren't playing, or if it's because I vastly overrated the competence of Archie Goodwin and E'Twaun Moore....

Hawks minutes breakdown, if you want changes lemme know

Patty Mills - 30 minutes
D.J. Augustin - 28 minutes
Blake Griffin - 32 mnutes
Ed Davis - 26 minutes
Pau Gasol - 28 minutes
E'Twaun Moore - 22 minutes
John Henson - 20 minutes
Justin Jackson - 18 minutes
Tiago Splitter - Hurt
Kevin Seraphin - 14 minutes
Archie Goodwin - 8 minutes
Tim Quarterman - 6 minutes

Metapod posted:

You said hearts will be broken I made a bad bachelorette joke

Oh I'm sorry, my sense of humor is out of whack today cuz I had an undercooked piece of chicken yesterday at a restaurant and I'm in hell

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cool Buff Man posted:

Oh I'm sorry, my sense of humor is out of whack today cuz I had an undercooked piece of chicken yesterday at a restaurant and I'm in hell

:smith: I hope you feel better soon and also tell the restaurant because that's awful

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

Patty Mills - 30 minutes
Ed Davis - 26 minutes
Pau Gasol - 28 minutes
John Henson - 20 minutes
Tiago Splitter - Hurt

poo poo, those minutes seem reasonable enough, I just have a lovely bench I guess. Maybe give Goodwin some more minutes in place of Jackson. Yeah, that's probably the championship winning adjustment every secretly great team needs to make early in the season - give Archie Goodwin more run.

See you in the Finals.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Cool Buff Man posted:

Patty Mills - 30 minutes
Ed Davis - 26 minutes
Pau Gasol - 28 minutes
John Henson - 20 minutes
Tiago Splitter - Hurt

You just don't appreciate good chicken tartare.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WEEK FOUR of the NBA SEASON! Some terrible, rotten, no good, very bad injuries happened this week. Condolences to the casualties!

Day 20

Day 21

Day 22

Day 23

Day 24

Day 25

Day 26

Thunder
Brook Lopez - Hyperextended Knee - 1-2 Weeks

Timberwolves
Kawhi Leonard - Torn Hamstring - 6-8 weeks
Jordan Bell - Broken Jaw - 6-8 weeks

Grizzlies
Jonas Valanciunas - Torn MCL - Season

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

The B_36 posted:

poo poo, those minutes seem reasonable enough, I just have a lovely bench I guess. Maybe give Goodwin some more minutes in place of Jackson. Yeah, that's probably the championship winning adjustment every secretly great team needs to make early in the season - give Archie Goodwin more run.

See you in the Finals.

No prob, I'll bump Archie up a bit

IcePhoenix posted:

:smith: I hope you feel better soon and also tell the restaurant because that's awful

Thanks man, I'll be okay but today was kind of a lost day :( And yea I definitely called them to let them know. It was a chinese restaurant and a piece of general tso so who knows if anything will change

Sorry about Kawhi

Salvor_Hardin posted:

You just don't appreciate good chicken tartare.

I'm gonna hurl

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Ah, kicking the poo poo out of the league. How my team truly is good and better than you all

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Drunk Canuck posted:

Ah, kicking the poo poo out of the league. How my team truly is good and better than you all

Your team tore Kawhi's hamstring and broke Jordan Bell's jaw :(

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this 9-3 start is promising, hope the win streak continues!!

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Your team tore Kawhi's hamstring and broke Jordan Bell's jaw :(

It's true, I sent Udonis Haslem and Spencer Hawes out to beat them up in a club's parking lot.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers starting 9-4

Excellent

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Kings lose a 132-131 heartbreaker bai god

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

well alrighty then. time for Aron Baynes and Justin Hamilton to shine.

do you have stats on either of them, CBM? Like how has Baynes been doing as a starter? Do I get to toss Valanciunas on the IR pile and pick up a FA?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DC Murderverse posted:

well alrighty then. time for Aron Baynes and Justin Hamilton to shine.

do you have stats on either of them, CBM? Like how has Baynes been doing as a starter? Do I get to toss Valanciunas on the IR pile and pick up a FA?

Jonas's injury happened on the last day of the week so nobody has had a chance to start for him yet, and the way I thought about doing the FA stuff is if a team gets injured enough to where their non-playing reserves can't replace them, you can sign a FA. If that seems harsh, I'm open to just letting you transfer season-ending injuries to IR. Let me know, cuz I don't have a problem with you grabbing Bogut or whatever off FA but other people might. I just want to keep the chance of players that weren't involved in BYOGM making the team to an absolute minimum

Also Baynes and Hamilton are about evenly rated, it's a matter of preference for you. Let me know

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 1, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I guess now's a good time for a strawpoll

Should season-ending injuries be eligible for IR and a Free Agent pickup?

I'll let the poll run until tomorrow, when I do the next simulation

:siren:http://www.strawpoll.me/13589435:siren:

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 1, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

Jonas's injury happened on the last day of the week so nobody has had a chance to start for him yet, and the way I thought about doing the FA stuff is if a team gets injured enough to where their non-playing reserves can't replace them, you can sign a FA. If people hate that idea please let me know, cuz I don't have a problem with you grabbing Bogut or whatever off FA but other people might. I just want to keep the chance of players that weren't involved in BYOGM making the team to an absolute minimum

Also Baynes and Hamilton are about evenly rated, it's a matter of preference for you. Let me know

I had Baynes as the backup in the voting so Baynes would probably be my pick.

I'd also really like to have a 15 man roster but if other people think that's unfair or whatever then fine. Like I thought the assumption for voting in the other thread is that if a guy you have gets injured long enough you'd probably pick up whoever the next guy up is like would happen in a real season so it makes sense to allow picking up the next guy in this one as well. I assume Bogut is the best center not on a team so I'd like to pick him up, but if not then whatevs.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DC Murderverse posted:

I had Baynes as the backup in the voting so Baynes would probably be my pick.

I'd also really like to have a 15 man roster but if other people think that's unfair or whatever then fine. Like I thought the assumption for voting in the other thread is that if a guy you have gets injured long enough you'd probably pick up whoever the next guy up is like would happen in a real season so it makes sense to allow picking up the next guy in this one as well. I assume Bogut is the best center not on a team so I'd like to pick him up, but if not then whatevs.

I think season ending injuries should be rare enough that adding a FA for one won't shake up the game really badly or anything, but I'm gonna let the poll sit until tomorrow to see what everyone thinks. If people vote to allow IR for season ending injuries I will let you know (also the guy who lost Sindarious Thornwell, think it was the Wizards) and pick someone (Bogut) up for you before th enext sim. Everyone should please keep in mind that it can happen to YOU

Baynes it is for the time being

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 1, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
6 votes to none so far in favor of IR spot + FA replacement, so it's looking pretty good for you. If you're still in the lead in the morning I'll take care of it, and for the Wizards and Thornwell

e: Actually, after rethinking it, maybe I should choose the player with a rating as close to the person who got injured. Bogut will be fine for Valanciunas, but I don't know if everyone wants people getting players with much better ratings just because a scrub on their team got injured. Does that sound good? Or should you just be able to pick the FA you want, no matter who gets injured, so the injury has more of an effect?

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Aug 1, 2017

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Not even make believe knicks can be anything but a disappointment

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Cool Buff Man posted:

6 votes to none so far in favor of IR spot + FA replacement, so it's looking pretty good for you. If you're still in the lead in the morning I'll take care of it, and for the Wizards and Thornwell

e: Actually, after rethinking it, maybe I should choose the player with a rating as close to the person who got injured. Bogut will be fine for Valanciunas, but I don't know if everyone wants people getting players with much better ratings just because a scrub on their team got injured. Does that sound good? Or should you just be able to pick the FA you want, no matter who gets injured, so the injury has more of an effect?

I'm cool with you picking, I like the roulette wheel nature of that

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

I mean, if they're not on anyone's team it means that all 30 teams had every opportunity to pick them up. Just wait a day for a pick and then if you don't hear anything take the guy with the top overall at that position.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lol drat computer decided my team is super bad now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was expecting much worse when you said hearts would be broken. Fultz can hold it down until Kawhi gets back.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Miami Heat wreaking vengeance on the league that voted us only 7th seed in the east.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

I was expecting much worse when you said hearts would be broken. Fultz can hold it down until Kawhi gets back.

The good news is in 2K13 I don't think they did stat degradation from injuries, so Kawhi will bounce back from that torn hamstring like a champ.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DC Murderverse posted:

I mean, if they're not on anyone's team it means that all 30 teams had every opportunity to pick them up. Just wait a day for a pick and then if you don't hear anything take the guy with the top overall at that position.

Yeah sounds good enough

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah apparently he can with his 4 offensive rebounds a game

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm not optimistic about my team because I've ran enough sims to know my 5-8 team doesn't miraculously turn it around mid-season

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Doltos posted:

I'm not optimistic about my team because I've ran enough sims to know my 5-8 team doesn't miraculously turn it around mid-season

I assume in these sims you've seen lots of 1-11 teams turn it around tho right? RIGHT!?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Doltos posted:

The B_36 posted:

I assume in these sims you've seen lots of 1-11 teams turn it around tho right? RIGHT!?

You guys both have better team ratings than a lot of teams above you so I imagine it'll correct itself somewhat, the season is still young. My Celtics are starting to weaken (my team rating is pretty rear end) and it'll happen to other teams

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What are the sixers ratings?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

What are the sixers ratings?

I'm not releasing team ratings until the end (I'll put player overall ratings in the spreadsheet too) because it's more fun that way

Anyways I'm headed out for a while but I'll do the sim later on and pick up FAs for the people with season ending injuries beforehand

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 1, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

👍

It's ok I know they are ok since the computer thinks Simmons is decent

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Part of me is tempted to send in new minutes to deal with the Kawhi/Bell injuries but I'm really curious to see what the CPU does too.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

👍

It's ok I know they are ok since the computer thinks Simmons is decent

Yeah he's playing really well

IcePhoenix posted:

Part of me is tempted to send in new minutes to deal with the Kawhi/Bell injuries but I'm really curious to see what the CPU does too.

I've been manually adjusting minutes for teams with injuries, using my best judgment, so the CPU doesn't gently caress up anyone's special rotations. If you want to post a minutes adjustment go for it

Ok I'm gone now zzz

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

I guess now's a good time for a strawpoll

Should season-ending injuries be eligible for IR and a Free Agent pickup?

I'll let the poll run until tomorrow, when I do the next simulation

:siren:http://www.strawpoll.me/13589435:siren:

I voted no even though for continuity's sake even though I approve of an "all injured players immediately waved then snapped up by the Brooklyn Nets" policy in principle

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Haha it hates my creative roster

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WEEK FIVE of the NBA SEASON! I accidentally edited week seven into this post a few days later so my injury log is gone and I had to recreate this day!

Day 27

Day 28

Day 29

Day 30

Thanksgiving

Day 31

Day 32

Day 33

Lost to the annals of time

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 8, 2017

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Very suspicious that Whiteside isn't even getting over 1.6 blocks per game. Probably the result of biased officiating unfairly calling illegal defence against the only Canadian team.

also lol knicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
CBM can you just set my team to default since it doesn't appreciate my out of the box thinking

• Locked thread