Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

more like brain failon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Nothing will top Joy Ann Reid going anti-Slavic racism on Trump's wives and still loving that up.

I liked her patronizing transphobia wrt the traitor private manning.

it's like she's always angling for the worst most center-right democrat take on everything, ever

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Harris is gonna be the new Clinton, isn't she?

yas qween slay, indeed.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Forceholy posted:

yas qween slay, indeed.

I wouldn't entirely rule out Clinton also being the new Clinton.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Harris has put away a lot of bad hombres if you know what I mean

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Noah's problem with the Godfather wasn't anything about the plot or acting, it was that it doesn't conform to his politics.

That was also Chapo's problem with Wonder Woman, but the politics of the Godfather are just a little closer to historical accuracy and necessary for the story than a movie about how WWI makes it ok to invade Iran.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wonder Woman is bad even before you get to the politics though.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

But it gave us our first ever action movie with a female lead if you ignore Alien, Aliens, Alien3, The Hunger Games Series, Tomb Raider, Underworld, Resident Evil, Terminator 2, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Red Sonja, Aeon Flux, The Quick and the Dead, Lucy, Ultraviolet, Kill Bill, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Point of No Return, and The Heat.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

But it gave us our first ever action movie with a female lead if you ignore Alien, Aliens, Alien3, The Hunger Games Series, Tomb Raider, Underworld, Resident Evil, Terminator 2, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Red Sonja, Aeon Flux, The Quick and the Dead, Lucy, Ultraviolet, Kill Bill, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Point of No Return, and The Heat.

this is a weird selection

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Y'all should also go see Atomic Blonde. That poo poo owned.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jonas Albrecht posted:

This is also true. But Noah's job(?) is to review movies made for children, so we can't expect him to figure that out.

Though it is funny that he thinks the Apocalypse Now's message about war is trite compared to what's found in Wonder Woman.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

scary ghost dog posted:

this is a weird selection

Admittedly I stretched a little to, perhaps needlessly, pad out :thejoke:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Don't forget about Tank Girl.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

would, would, would, would, wouldn't, would, wouldn't, wouldn't, would, maybe if i get drunk enough, wouldn't, would, would, wouldn't, wouldn't, would, wouldn't, would

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I hope that Atomic Blonde puts a stake in the heart of action movies where every hand-to-hand battle is a bunch of Filipino/Wing Chun trapping with an average shot length of a fraction of a second. Let Jason Bourne die.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

I hope that Atomic Blonde puts a stake in the heart of action movies where every hand-to-hand battle is a bunch of Filipino/Wing Chun trapping with an average shot length of a fraction of a second. Let Jason Bourne die.

:same:

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Halloween Jack posted:

It needs to have a 20-minute bjj stalemate fight scene or else it's trash.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I liked her patronizing transphobia wrt the traitor private manning.

it's like she's always angling for the worst most center-right democrat take on everything, ever

Good god how could I forget "if Chelsea was given the support she needed because she's a transwoman, maybe she wouldn't have exposed American war crimes, which was a bad thing to do," it's a dizzying take with so many layers of poo poo.

Halloween Jack posted:

Watch The Raid and John Wick.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Forceholy posted:

yas qween slay, indeed.

It's brilliant because now if you don't like her you're not only sexist but you're racist too. They can really stick it to poor people now!!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The_Rob posted:

It's brilliant because now if you don't like her you're not only sexist but you're racist too. They can really stick it to poor people now!!

coming to a timeline near you: "you just hate successful people"

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
I'm already bored by Harris and Reid. Today is all about Shatner

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

papa horny michael posted:

I'm already bored by Harris and Reid. Today is all about Shatner

what'd he do

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The_Rob posted:

refuse treatment for more transgender inmates

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

emdash posted:

what'd he do

Bitched about "SJWs".

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Nice drowning his legacy as a popular spaceman just like he drowned Nerine.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
galaxy brain take is shatner is good for pushing back against idpol

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lmfao Trump directed fox news to create the Seth Rich hoax

sad thing is, if he was competent like Bush he would have gotten away with it

ok well actually this will probably change nothing so he did get away with it lol

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I for one am astounded that a rich man in his 80s is crabby about youth culture and politics.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/AceFortunato5/status/891412948413026306

https://twitter.com/AceFortunato5/status/891413443995107328

https://twitter.com/AceFortunato5/status/891414223900823553

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I'm a big admirer of famous non-racists, Ernst Rohm and Thomas Jefferson.

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

if he was competent like Bush

:thunk:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Yep. Exactly.

The Bush admin pulled the wool over our collective eyes despite being catastrophically stupid, but Trump somehow can't manage.

That's how stupid he is.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 1, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pedro De Heredia posted:

The acting, characters, dialogue, music, cinematography, themes, and the story.

also arguably the best novel to movie adaptation ever considering the novel has that weird subplot about how the bridesmaid sonny fucks at the wedding has a loose pussy that comes into play at the climax of the novel

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The first response reads like an irony post but nope

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I'm not racist I exclusive gently caress asian women

Serf
May 5, 2011

One of the guys who does the Night Vale podcast has a new podcast called Conversation With People Who Hate Me where he talks to people who like send him hateful comments on the internet and his first interview was with a maga chud. It's pretty sanitized and poo poo with a big emphasis on civility but the voice of the chud has got to be heard because he sounds hilarious.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Serf posted:

One of the guys who does the Night Vale podcast has a new podcast called Conversation With People Who Hate Me where he talks to people who like send him hateful comments on the internet and his first interview was with a maga chud. It's pretty sanitized and poo poo with a big emphasis on civility but the voice of the chud has got to be heard because he sounds hilarious.

eyyyyy gabbagool

It's curious how the guy retreats from every position he is challenged, yet online he is 100% firm. Good rec

coathat
May 21, 2007

God bless him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Forceholy posted:

yas qween slay, indeed.

only semi related but I was skimming some huge twitter thread about whatever and realized the only people saying poo poo like "yas qween" and "y'all ain't don't blah blah" were like 29 year old white girls. EXCLUSIVELY. Its loving embarrassing. Cultural appropriation is a pretty overblown concept but holy poo poo is that awful.