Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nintendo?
This poll is closed.
Nintendon't 45 22.73%
Nintendoomed 22 11.11%
Nintendrone 13 6.57%
Nintendovahkiin 55 27.78%
Nintend'oh! 63 31.82%
Total: 198 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Kirby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
OUT OF AMMO

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

LawfulWaffle posted:

gently caress, skip the middle man and name the kid Senator. That's a pro strat right there.

*howling from teething pain*
"Will the senator yield!"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

LawfulWaffle posted:

We have a name in mind (from a video game character, natch) but nothing's set in stone yet. I'll take suggestions for names for a baby boy. We've got about 6 weeks to mull them over.

stinkfist jortlad

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dash Rendar

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Was no joke on my short list. I think it'd make a good middle name.

vermin posted:

*howling from teething pain*
"Will the senator yield!"

lol

There has to be a movement of people naming kids after gamertags, right? I think it's nuts that eSports is full of people with super edgy names, like they can't just be called Mike, but they're embracing their online identities. And the easy pickings, like Sephiroth (which is a game name yeah but also many people's gamertag) are taken, but what about more random assortments or letters, or words with vowels removed. What I'm getting at is: How far away is our society from the first baby WeedBoner?

e:

Cowcaster posted:

stinkfist jortlad
Kevin Smith, Jr.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like that Kirby was named after the Lawyer that won the Universal lawsuit for Nintendo and was picked because they could think of no one that fit being an adorable little puffball less. If course now the name just seems fitting and perfect, like it could never have been anything else.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Turok 2

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

oh poo poo is Acclaim still running that promotion?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Remember when Acclaim paid people to stick advertisements on their grandmas' headstones to promote Shadowman 2?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I like that Kirby was named after the Lawyer that won the Universal lawsuit for Nintendo and was picked because they could think of no one that fit being an adorable little puffball less. If course now the name just seems fitting and perfect, like it could never have been anything else.

Before I learned that I had always thought he was named after the brand of vacuum.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Name him Nanomachines so you can go 'Nanomachines, son'.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
If someone gets Shadow Tactics for PS4 please let me know how it runs and feels. I love that type of game but my laptop can't handle it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

If someone gets Shadow Tactics for PS4 please let me know how it runs and feels. I love that type of game but my laptop can't handle it.

same

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

vermin posted:

Where's a good place to start with the Delicious! series?

There's nothing wrong with just going to the most recent game, but if you care about plot and story and seeing the general evolution of the series, the first game that started to pin down the formula would have been Delicious! Emily's Taste of Fame, which is like the 3rd or 4th game in the series. Keep in mind that Miracle of Life is the 15th game so I personally would not blame you for just skipping to it :v:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I played I think the first five missions of Shadow Tactics on PS4 yesterday and I love it. Runs smoothly/plays pretty well on a controller

i think it might break my dumb idiot brain if there are missions with all five characters though

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

When is Dr. Cares coming to PC, I need to know who shot that police dog :ohdear:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I'm looking forward to Observer by the Layers of Fear devs coming on the 15th!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

LawfulWaffle posted:

PSA: Keep your fetishes safe, everyone. It might not easy to explain why you've been letting Sonic get closer and closer to drowning for your epic edge sesh, but what are video games for if not to live out your secret desires.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME

ANYWAY, to bring us out of that darkness and into the light, here's a full(?) list of August releases from Forbes, the first site with such a list that isn't blocked by my employer.

The Long Dark (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 1
Tacoma (Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 2
Ark: Survival Evolved (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 8
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PS4, PC) - Aug. 8
Lawbreakers (PS4, PC) - Aug. 8
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Aug.8
Sudden Strike 4 (PC, Mac, Linux) - Aug. 11
Agents of Mayhem (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 15
Cities: Skylines (PS4) - Aug. 15
Matterfall (PS4) - Aug. 15
Sonic Mania (PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) - Aug. 15
Sudden Strike 4 (PS4) - Aug. 15
The Escapists 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 22
Guardians Of The Galaxy Episode 3 (PS4, Xbox One, PC, PS3, Xbox 360, iOS) - Aug. 22
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4) - Aug. 22
F1 (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 25
Madden NFL 18 (PS4, Xbox One) - Aug. 25
Absolver (PS4, PC) - Aug. 29
Culdcept Revolt (3DS) - Aug. 29
Everybody's Golf (PS4) - Aug. 29
Hello Neighbor (Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 29
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch) - Aug. 29
Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition (PS4, Xbox One) - Aug. 29
Redout (PS4, Xbox One) - Aug. 29
Warriors All-Stars (PS4, PC) - Aug. 29
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (PC) - Aug. 29
Yakuza Kiwami (PS4) - Aug. 29
Life is Strange: Before the Storm (PS4, Xbox One, PC) - Aug. 31

Stand outs for me are Sonic Mania and Absolver, maybe Culdcept Revolt if I find my 3DS charging cable. Gonna wait on Yakuza until I finish Zero.

probaly gonna pick up hellblade because i like the concept(lady with sever mental illness with auditory/visual hallucinations fights vikings carrying her loves head) and agents of mayham(might be alright) and maybe uncharted lost legacy.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Agents of Mayhem looks like yet another game that looks like Battleborn, I'm not holding out too much hope

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probaly gonna pick up hellblade because i like the concept(lady with sever mental illness with auditory/visual hallucinations fights vikings carrying her loves head) and agents of mayham(might be alright) and maybe uncharted lost legacy.

Suda made a sequal to Lollypop Chainsaw!?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

I played I think the first five missions of Shadow Tactics on PS4 yesterday and I love it. Runs smoothly/plays pretty well on a controller

i think it might break my dumb idiot brain if there are missions with all five characters though

Excellent. Commandos 2 is still the number one game I would like to make a screenshot LP for, but my test runs involve so much loading and reloading to get multiple cameras pointed at the right thing to convey the right action that it took me hours to get through the tutorial missions. Later missions, with a spy in a disguise chatting up a soldier, a sniper up a pole with a scope over a target on the other side of the map, a scout racing across a rooftop in between patrols and a dog barking at a Nazi would be bonkers to orchestrate.

e: I see how this could be confusing. Commandos 2 and 3 let you split the screen up so you could be looking at different areas at the same time. I don't think a lot of other games did this and you could play the whole game without bothering with it, but it let you keep eyes on multiple areas or characters at the same time and it was pretty cool.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 1, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Agents of Mayhem looks like yet another game that looks like Battleborn, I'm not holding out too much hope

it looks like Saints Row: Singleplayer E-sports Edition. I don't trust the devs to make a satisfying shooter, they should outsource the development out to people who make better 3rd person shooters

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'll probably wind up getting agents of maybe cause I'd like to believe that volition still knows how to make a fun game, though I'm keeping my expectations pretty low given what's been shown. Definitely getting kiwami day one though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Agents of Mayhem isn't a multiplayer game.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I'm just confused why they didn't make the next Saints Row. Interest for Agents has always seemed tepid at best

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

CJacobs posted:

It does have a lot of ugly day-glo mutants and a totally unearned sense of badass attitude though.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'm just confused why they didn't make the next Saints Row. Interest for Agents has always seemed tepid at best

Because, despite some people that love it, interest in Saint's Row had also always been pretty tepid?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

The gameplay footage I saw was of a lame-looking dude (not Johnny Gat maybe he will save this) spouting tired quips while using cooldown abilities on waves of generic mobs and then shooting at a turret, I stand by my description

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

vermin posted:

Where's a good place to start with the Delicious! series?

The five most recent games are on steam, and you can get them in a pack. In order, that;s

1) Emily's New Beginning
2) Emily's Home Sweet Home
3) Emily's Hopes and Fears
4) Emily's Message in a Bottle
5) Emily's Christmas Carol

Hopes and Fears is my favorite, and then Message in a Bottle. I like it when the stories get very ridiculous in scope, but part of the fun of that is watching build to that.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

glam rock hamhock posted:

Because, despite some people that love it, interest in Saint's Row had also always been pretty tepid?

Not sure tepid is the word I would use.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, tepid might've been too strong a word but in general Saint's Row is a series that isn't nearly as popular as the people that love it think it is. Not saying it was a flop but if you're a game studio, you'd also want your game to do better and it makes sense to maybe try a new IP. AoM looks bad though

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Volition should just make another Punisher game. The one they developed in 2005 was pretty solid.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Goldfinger released a new album for the first time in 10 years

HERE I AM

DOING EVERYTHING I CAN

HOLDIN ON TO WHAT I AM

e: Tony Hawk 6 wont happen until Suicide Machines also comes back

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 1, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Freespace games were really good.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Quest For Glory II posted:

Goldfinger released a new album for the first time in 10 years

HERE I AM

DOING EVERYTHING I CAN

HOLDIN ON TO WHAT I AM

e: Tony Hawk 6 wont happen until Suicide Machines also comes back

You mean 9, they have already made 6-8.

Either way it better not happen or Bradley Nowell will rise from the grave and start feasting on the flesh of skankers

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also pennywise and pietasters have to come back so that Top Sk8er and that one knockoff on PS1 that was really bad but I rented it can come back

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
it took almost 20 years but i've finally, finally learned to relax and not try to min-max every single goddamn game. And now they're more fun to play! :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

it took almost 20 years but i've finally, finally learned to relax and not try to min-max every single goddamn game. And now they're more fun to play! :science:

Congratulations! I can't imagine what a difference that makes.

• Locked thread