Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Silver Falcon posted:

What's a queue time?

How long it takes the matchmaker to get you into a full game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr. Fetus posted:

If you have an equipment loadout that has 2 Main Ink Savers (Sub) and 1 sub version, you can throw 3 Burst Bombs at once instead of 2. It's absolutely disgusting. :getin:

Yeah, it's noticeably longer than the sub-S rank queue times.

I was wondering how people were doing that!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Tenta missiles are easy to avoid when you're the only one targeted but when multiple people get tagged it quickly becomes way more difficult.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I've come around to liking The Reef after playing Ranked in it; putting the objective under the bridge changes how you approach the map in a cool way.

That being said I have no idea how to consistently win in Splat Zones without coordination in pub queue. Seems like the only way to win is by controlling the bridge then flanking anybody trying to cap, but pubbies are super unreliable in terms of holding the line.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
With Tenta Missiles you also need to be mindful of where your teammates are, running into them will get them killed. In Splat Zones you have to be careful to not allow the missiles to hit the zone otherwise you're giving the enemy team free coverage.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

BattleMaster posted:

Lol do boy squids really have a pompadour option?

I saw it less as a pompadour and more as a "douchebag Hitler youth cut"

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Had a Splat Zones game this morning where we were down 0-96 at The Reef but we won on a knockout with like 2 seconds left. Used ink armor with a couple secs to go with me and a teammate furiously splashing the zone, bought us enough time to seal it.

My only regret is when you have a thrilling last-second victory, you might not have time to Booyah! without risking the momentum.

If you don't spam the gently caress out of Booyah! after a Salmon Run win then sell your Switch immediately and get cooked.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I like to Booyah right before a rainmaker dunk but in the higher ranks you have a chance of getting killed and the other team turning the game around :(

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Also, please join my post wave 3 victory squid parties.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Just lol if you don't jump into the water after beating wave 3 so you are sent back to the Grizzco boat in a ring.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
Looks like today's Salmon Run has three automatics and a Splatling gun of some sort... As someone who is totally incompetent with brushes / rollers that is pretty good news. But Steelheads are going to be a bitch with no chargers.

Speaking of Steelheads, this article was a month before the game came out. Coincidence? https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/oregon/articles/2017-06-19/oregon-rivers-see-historically-low-counts-of-steelhead-fish

Of course the counts are low, most have migrated to the Inkopolis coasts.

Edit for below: Yeah now that you mention it, Splatling Gun should do the trick on them.

Deltron 3030 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Aug 1, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Splatling gun is just like 50 chargers.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Woo I just reached A- in Splat Zones! I think that's the first time I've hit A-anything in Ranked.

I had a badass moment in the last match. I came up the side of the Zone and Splatted 3 dudes right in a row! One of my teammates saw and gave me a Booyah. :3:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I could sense that the Tri-Slosher was going to get nerfed the second I decided to try it and started feasting. Back to the dualies life. :(

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

^burtle posted:

I could sense that the Tri-Slosher was going to get nerfed the second I decided to try it and started feasting. Back to the dualies life. :(

it got nerfed? i was just playing it this morning and it seemed fine to me

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I think everyone is just expecting the tri slosher to be nerfed but they haven't done anything yet

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The range of both sets of buckets got buffed without any real consideration otherwise. Since it needs to still be a 2 splat weapon to be in line with most everything else I'd predict a drop in fire rate.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LethalGeek posted:

The range of both sets of buckets got buffed without any real consideration otherwise. Since it needs to still be a 2 splat weapon to be in line with most everything else I'd predict a drop in fire rate.

I think the regular Slosher's pretty fine as-is, because you still need to aim to use it well. The Tri-Slosher is just an inescapable wall of death for anything in front of you.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

^burtle posted:

The only nerf it got, as far as I know, is taking slightly longer to charge its special. Otherwise I haven't noticed any difference.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I wonder what sponge guy thought when this came up

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/Nevarky/status/892148409758613506/video/1

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Inaccurate. If there are 4 squids aiming at the boss then at most 2 will go in one side and the other 2 will bounce off.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

This but he's facing away and a couple bombs bounce off

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

This is why you wait a second to see where your team member throws their grenade, then whiff yours anyways and feel like a massive fool.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

If you're at a full tank and have the room 1 person can take them out alone, but the time window is pretty tight. Gotta dunk soon as you throw and get the other off soon as the line is hit on your gauge with maybe a couple seconds to spare.

A habit I developed chucking sticky bombs onto towers :v:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is it more economical to scrub my Splatfest shirt after getting 1 or 2 chunks on it?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Oh yeah, sorry guys didn't mean to imply it was nerfed, just that it seems likely.

Does anyone know if your gear perks get taken into Salmon Run?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I mained inkbrush in splatoon 1 but the basic octobrush has a really versatile set.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is it more economical to scrub my Splatfest shirt after getting 1 or 2 chunks on it?

I'd say one chunk because it takes way more to earn the second chunk.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Salmon Run August exclusive gear is a mining helmet. It looks fresher than the dorky pocket protector shirt but that's not a high bar to clear

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Oh is scrubbing a different price if you have a different number of subs? I never even tried to scrub a non-full item

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's the same price regardless, but 2000 coins is so cheap that it's worth the cost even if your shirt isn't up to 3 yet.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I think it's going to be a running gag that all the gear from GrizzCo is gonna look like junk. The shirt is like off white stained garbage and now it's some mining hat. Mr. Grizz is literally digging through a junk box/lost and found and calling it rare loot

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Also by the time the splatfest tee has gained it's first sub slot you're probably going to have 2000 coins or more

When we don't have our splatfest shirts, I don't think it's going to be worth scrubbing less than full 3 slot items since it's 20k

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 1, 2017

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I figured the Grizzco gear is intentionally unfresh. The gear abilities seem solid but it's like wearing your work uniform or brand out in public when you're off the clock.

Edit: So yeah basically what Dr. Voodoo said.

Fake edit: Team Mayo is so nervous, just forfeit now!

Deltron 3030 fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 1, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

This rules

MrFlibble posted:

Inaccurate. If there are 4 squids aiming at the boss then at most 2 will go in one side and the other 2 will bounce off.

THIS guy has definitely played some salmon run because that is 100% on the money every single time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

It might be more economical to scrub it after 1 but I'd rather do two so I'm not quitting out after every single win

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Is there actually a bonus for staying in matchmaking after a win? Besides not having to deal with the billion loading screens

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
How does your score get calculated on rainmaker? I thought I had an amazing round and I had 21 kills with splattershot pro ( next nearest was 7) but I was the bottom player.... I feel I will be trapped in the C ranks eternally...

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I had to switch from the splatling gun to the octobrush for ranked because constantly moving around works way better against lagged players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

nerd_of_prey posted:

How does your score get calculated on rainmaker? I thought I had an amazing round and I had 21 kills with splattershot pro ( next nearest was 7) but I was the bottom player.... I feel I will be trapped in the C ranks eternally...

The results screen in ranked isn't organize in any order at all