Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Here is the Fort Desolation sign up sheet.

Must be at least level 20, and we need 25 to 40 people. We can figure out when exactly we will run it at a later time. Adding this to the OP too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Here is the Fort Desolation sign up sheet.

Must be at least level 20, and we need 25 to 40 people. We can figure out when exactly we will run it at a later time. Adding this to the OP too.

Signed up as Rupertas. I don't know what Assess means in this context, though.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Signed up as Rupertas. I don't know what Assess means in this context, though.

It's your character's total power rating. It's listed on your Equip screen.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Is there a way to trade items or put stuff up for grabs for the guild? I need flax bales to identify this shield, and I'm not weaver, nor are there any for sale on the item mall.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

How hard after the heroic dungeons compared to the regular versions?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

someone awful. posted:

I found that finding a group where most people dont stand in red circles is the hardest part of heroic dungeons. A lot of people think they can stay in follow/afk mode and win.

The mechanics for the dungeons are all straight forward: don't stand in poo poo, rescue team mates, kill adds, etc. But failing mechanics can end in one shot kills.

I can't speak to gear requirements, but I think the game throws enough at you to be effective.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
what is the deal with tradeskill stamina? i haven't regened any for days now, is it supposed to go up on its own?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

someone awful. posted:

I've been doing the heroics and the 40 man raid and the dungeons are hard in the sense that you need people to not auto follow and be able to follow instructions but they're not like a hard MMO raid boss.

They're all completely doable but you need people to have some familiarity with how things work and be able to follow instructions.

For example, the last boss in the raid can be easily done if a single tank brings it up the back in the lava and the dps just shoot down the orbs when they spawn. It takes a couple of minutes max if everybody just cycles through a couple of buttons. On an average/bad run, under leveled and geared tanks will pull the monster off the main tank, the dps will completely ignore the orbs and the whole thing falls down very easily.

I've been trying to complete the heroic for Ancestorial altar but getting 10 people who can run to the middle when there's an ape storm or run towards/away from someone when you're connected by a green/red line respectively has proven impossible.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Sounds doable but iffy with pubbies then. Thanks, all.

Lube banjo posted:

what is the deal with tradeskill stamina? i haven't regened any for days now, is it supposed to go up on its own?

It regenerates when you do quests and raids and daily tasks and stuff. It won't come back on its own.

e:

How to refill Stamina :

Finishing the daily events, raids, Reputation Tasks will help recover the stamina. Clearing raid will refill 30 stamina (only once for each raid per day). Completing the first two types of individual Reputation Tasks will refill stamina.

Plants/Minerals Gathering cost:

Field collection: 1 Stamina each time

Guild collection: 10 Stamina each time, possible to obtain the gold, Milura Scroll Fragments or etc.

Stamina cost to opening Treasure Chests :

Aerial Island Small Chest    20 Stamina

Aerial Island Large Chest    40 Stamina

Surgewind Wilds Small Chest    30 Stamina

Surgewind Wilds Large Chest    60 Stamina

Cloudburst Forest Small Chest   30 Stamina

Cloudburst Forest Large Chest   60 Stamina

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
What's the deal with Health/Mana reserves? It isn't quite clear to me what it means.

I also find myself going through all of my "daily" quests and then not really having much to do. Mind you I haven't beaten the main story line yet so I just keep slowly plowing through that.

I'm just so close to 40.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Is there a way to trade items or put stuff up for grabs for the guild? I need flax bales to identify this shield, and I'm not weaver, nor are there any for sale on the item mall.

If you see me in-game (Lotari) and add me to your friend list I should be able to craft you some and throw them up for sale at the lowest price. I'm usually AFKing the dailies during normal work hours, but I check on it every few minutes.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

m.hache posted:

What's the deal with Health/Mana reserves? It isn't quite clear to me what it means.

Reserves are used to refill your health/mana outside of combat. It's like eating/drinking in other MMOs but it happens automatically and you just need to fill up the big tank every so often.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
After failing for 2 days to get a decent Staff to drop for my Shepherd I dropped some gold on a blueprint + materials and crossed my fingers. One enhanced forge and a few rerolls later aaaand:

https://ibb.co/eWpouk

:what:

Forging is Cool and Good

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

FistEnergy posted:

After failing for 2 days to get a decent Staff to drop for my Shepherd I dropped some gold on a blueprint + materials and crossed my fingers. One enhanced forge and a few rerolls later aaaand:

https://ibb.co/eWpouk

:what:

Forging is Cool and Good

Wait hang on.. how do you do this? I know you can use the blue crystals to reroll stats of a purple item but what is this sorcery?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Any chance that a very good and non-goon friend could join the guild? His username is Gildartz and I can confirm that he's not a jerk :shobon:

Edit: he just informed me that he's already in :toot:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 1, 2017

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

explosivo posted:

Wait hang on.. how do you do this? I know you can use the blue crystals to reroll stats of a purple item but what is this sorcery?

I bought a level 40 weapon blueprint from the auction house and forged it with the optional Enhanced Forging upgrade. If you buy/find a Blueprint it will spell it out for you.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

FistEnergy posted:

I bought a level 40 weapon blueprint from the auction house and forged it with the optional Enhanced Forging upgrade. If you buy/find a Blueprint it will spell it out for you.

Is it one blueprint, one weapon? or can you forge multiple from the one blueprint?

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

NPR Journalizard posted:

Is it one blueprint, one weapon? or can you forge multiple from the one blueprint?

1 Blueprint/item

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

FistEnergy posted:

Oh I see. I read that as REforge and thought you somehow made the left turn into the right.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
This is the nicest pretty graphics + non-bullshit P2W MP phone game I have tried so far, but wow (pun intended) this game drains my iPhone SE battery life a mofo.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Palladium posted:

This is the nicest pretty graphics + non-bullshit P2W MP phone game I have tried so far, but wow (pun intended) this game drains my iPhone SE battery life a mofo.

yeah its rough on my nexus 5x too.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008
Something that I thought worth mentioning is that I found out yesterday that you don't have to buy the whole stack of whatever it is that people are selling bundles of on the auction house. So when you need 3 or 5 of an item, just tap whatever is at the lowest price, even if it's 30+ in the stack, and use the + or - buttons until you get to the number you need. I don't think many people know this because I've been selling flax bolts and thread in stacks of 5 for a higher price than whatever the lower priced bundle of 50+ is going for.

Also, don't try to buy stacks of something that are at a low price with the intention of reselling them at a higher price. Once you buy the materials from the auction house, they have an infinite sell freeze time.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Man, that sucks. In WoW I was an Auctioneer add-on fiend and I played that more than the main game. When I finally quit I gave away hundreds of thousands of gold.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
What's the deal with 40-man raid refreshes? I did one last Friday, tried to do it again last night after weekly reset and still no loot. Does it start a 7 day personal timer irrespective of weekly reset?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
- Fort Desolation is open daily but a reward is offered only one time upon completion before the reset every Friday. Its Normal and Heroic Difficulty has the one time reward respectively. 

- Everlush Valley is reset every two weeks on Friday and a reward is offered only one time upon completion before the reset. Its Normal and Heroic Difficulty share the one time reward limit. The same rule is applied to Chimeria.

- Burning Skyblaze Village is reset every Friday and a reward is offered only one time upon completion before the reset. Its Normal and Heroic Difficulty share the one time reward limit. 

The 10 goon heroic dungeons reset on Mondays and Fridays, only one reward per reset.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Oh, it's just on a arbitrarily different reset cycle to the other weekly activities. Makes sense, thanks.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
The forge has me waiting on level 45 in a big way!

https://ibb.co/mMQGx5

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

FistEnergy posted:

The forge has me waiting on level 45 in a big way!

https://ibb.co/mMQGx5

Tell us your secrets! Enhanced forging seems to cost tens of thousands of gold per item, where are you getting the gold from?

Edit: oh, the rest of the gear costs much less than the weapon. I guess that makes sense.

Vulpes fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Aug 2, 2017

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I didn't know that level 30 Blueprints could create a Legendary! First forge on my Warrior, too.

https://ibb.co/da8xLQ

:wow:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Is there a general explanation as to how all of the different currencies relate to each other?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is there a general explanation as to how all of the different currencies relate to each other?

In a general sense:

Real Money buys Purple Gems, which can be converted into other currency and can buy special boxes/items/tokens

Gold buys equippable gear and crafting materials and can also be converted into Silver

Silver buys consumable items and gems and is used to upgrade skills and talents

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

you can grind up a bunch of gold to buy purple on the auction, too

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm really tired of getting to the last boss of a dungeon to get kicked for no loving reason. There should be a vote instead of just absolute power from the leader.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I've never had that happen. What's your class and level?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Same, I don't think I've ever been kicked at a boss.

Before entering a raid, yes because my level was too low, but never inside one.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Level 40 mystic.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Dps or healer spec?

Not sure what you might be doing wrong.

I don't think I've ever seen anybody kicked before bosses, even when we've been running an all ranger team.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Started up a Ranger. Joined the guild as ArtSA.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
More leaders are kicking people who are on follow. This should only apply to heroic raids though.

Maybe the GoonSquad tag triggered them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Variable Haircut posted:

More leaders are kicking people who are on follow. This should only apply to heroic raids though.

Maybe the GoonSquad tag triggered them?

Maybe. I wasn't on follow. We wiped on the last boss of the 40 man raid. I was one of the few attacking the orbs too.

It's possible he kicked me for lower DPS, but I switched out to heal since people were just eating damage left and right.

Or he wanted to bring in friends for loot and I was just unlucky.

• Locked thread