Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

ElCondemn posted:

Though I guess that just brings up a bigger point, nobody in this show is a good person and they probably deserve all the stupid horrible poo poo that happens to them.

I have seen variations of this statement in this and the last thread from various people, and it kinda baffles me. The whole point of the show is that there is no connection between how "good" a person you are and what happens to you, only whether you have crossed Rick or not. I am not saying it's a wrong statement, it's just a weird one to make in the context of the show.

Senor Tron posted:

Going back a couple of pages, but I 100% was expecting the helmet to come off and have Buckethead be an alternate reality version of Jerry that Summer had fallen in love with.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Same, honestly. Really glad they didn't go that route.

OmegaBR posted:

Thought the same.

Same. Thankfully, Dan Harmon is better than any of us at making interesting TV Shows. And also hopefully better than all those people who suggest that a girl having to deal with unwanted pregnancy for daring to have implicit sex would be an "interesting plot point".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
child support doesnt work across alternate dimensions. i hope she just coathangers out the kid

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rexides posted:

Same. Thankfully, Dan Harmon is better than any of us at making interesting TV Shows. And also hopefully better than all those people who suggest that a girl having to deal with unwanted pregnancy for daring to have implicit sex would be an "interesting plot point".

It would be nice if she just casually got an abortion with no special commentary and then people in real life flipped the gently caress out. :allears:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

You guys are arguing about the resolution to a plot point that hasn't happened and you have no evidence will happen, but is very important to determining if the show has totally sold out and gone to poo poo.

I think I'd rather have sauce chat than this.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

prefect posted:

It would be nice if she just casually got an abortion with no special commentary and then people in real life flipped the gently caress out. :allears:

I feel like the overlap between the groups "People that give a poo poo about this show" and "People that are anti-abortion" is pretty loving small.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mulva posted:

I feel like the overlap between the groups "People that give a poo poo about this show" and "People that are anti-abortion" is pretty loving small.

Fox News would find out and let everybody know. :twisted:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

mrmcd posted:

You guys are arguing about the resolution to a plot point that hasn't happened and you have no evidence will happen, but is very important to determining if the show has totally sold out and gone to poo poo.

It's the TV IV way. Watch good shows, complain about good shows not being good anymore and if they are actually still good, just complain about future stuff that might or might not happen, so you can keep complaining.

Haven't seen a single thread here that isn't full of hatewatchers that complain about every crap. Well, and people that complain about the people who complain, of course. :gary:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Perhaps instead, they won't go for the single hackiest plot that can possibly happen after two people have sex.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Nobnob posted:

It's the TV IV way. Watch good shows, complain about good shows not being good anymore and if they are actually still good, just complain about future stuff that might or might not happen, so you can keep complaining.

Haven't seen a single thread here that isn't full of hatewatchers that complain about every crap. Well, and people that complain about the people who complain, of course. :gary:

You're either cancelled a hero, or renewed enough times for nerds to condescendingly compare you to Family Guy.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

What I'm saying is I want to hate read the dimension with a TVIV Firefly Season 8 thread.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I feel like the divorce thing was Harmon kind of inserting his own divorce into the story. I mean yeah their relationship is dysfunctional but he's dealing with it by making them split. It's not bad because it's pretty funny to see how pathetic Jerry and Beth are without each other. Though I hope they fix their poo poo by the end because going full Millhouse's dad could get played out

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

"Unless...my suffering is your nourishment?"

*wolf howls*

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

FactsAreUseless posted:

Perhaps instead, they won't go for the single hackiest plot that can possibly happen after two people have sex.

Maybe she's pregnant with a Kuatu?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

I feel like the loser whisper could be a good phone notification.
Or rocket league or dota or whatever sound pack

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

FactsAreUseless posted:

I really hope they hint at her being pregnant in every episode this season and then absolutely nothing comes of it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Last Chance posted:

*wolf howls*

One of the main things I was looking forward to from this episode was seeing what happens to Jerry, since surely his life would dramatically improve, or they would just double down on bagging on him all day long. I'm liking this outcome so far.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 1, 2017

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BizarroAzrael posted:

One of the main things I was looking forward to from this episode was seeing what happens to Jerry, since surely his life would dramatically improve, or they would just double down on bagging on him all day long. I'm liking this outcome so far.

I bet he had one of those hookers in his motel room, and that's why he didn't step inside to put the skull gift away.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Phobophilia posted:

child support doesnt work across alternate dimensions. i hope she just coathangers out the kid

Beth will make sure her car doesn't break down this time.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I didn't love the episode, although I did find Morty's arm to be a hilarious character. The weird discordant Mad Max/GoT imagery was especially jarring for me. That said,

Last Chance posted:

*wolf howls*

This was a really good moment.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

a new study bible! posted:

I didn't love the episode, although I did find Morty's arm to be a hilarious character. The weird discordant Mad Max/GoT imagery was especially jarring for me. That said,

I've never seen Game of Thrones; what part of it was from that?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

prefect posted:

I've never seen Game of Thrones; what part of it was from that?

It might not have been directly GoT, but the scene where Morty's arm drowned the guy had a distinctly fantasy look to me that didn't jive with the Mad Max stuff... I might just be crazy though

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I liked the episode

But I liked everything with the familybots better than it. That was awesome.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

a new study bible! posted:

It might not have been directly GoT, but the scene where Morty's arm drowned the guy had a distinctly fantasy look to me that didn't jive with the Mad Max stuff... I might just be crazy though

Yeah it was very much fantasy/medieval, it was strange to see a jump from Mad Max mutants to knights in armor in a castle without any comment.

Also I don't make a habit of watching R&M youtube vids, but after finding the s3 trailer today to show a friend this immediately started popping up in my recommendations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMHVfCyElW0 Two hours after being uploaded too, YT recs are scary accurate sometimes.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

prefect posted:

I bet he had one of those hookers in his motel room, and that's why he didn't step inside to put the skull gift away.

I doubt it, motel hookers are way out of his price range right now.

I'm really not worried about Jerry, giving his unemployment check to a wolf aside he seems to actually be handling things pretty well. He's moved out, he's keeping in contact with his kids and trying to get custody, if he can just find a job he'll be well on his way to having his life back on track. His marriage was bad, his relationship with Rick was bad, it's good that he's getting away from those things. It's going to be a rough change to go through, but ultimately one that leaves him healthier and happier.

Beth is hosed though, can't say that enough. She is dealing with her problems with alcohol and denial and that is a BAD combination.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

mrmcd posted:

Who is to say the sauce is even real?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FactsAreUseless posted:

burn this whole loving thread to the ground :smith:

you goons are weird

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I doubt it, motel hookers are way out of his price range right now.

I'm really not worried about Jerry, giving his unemployment check to a wolf aside he seems to actually be handling things pretty well. He's moved out, he's keeping in contact with his kids and trying to get custody, if he can just find a job he'll be well on his way to having his life back on track. His marriage was bad, his relationship with Rick was bad, it's good that he's getting away from those things. It's going to be a rough change to go through, but ultimately one that leaves him healthier and happier.

Beth is hosed though, can't say that enough. She is dealing with her problems with alcohol and denial and that is a BAD combination.

I feel like the expected inevitable "Beth tells Jerry she wants him back" will go through the motions before Jerry realizes he's a better father and person without Beth and Rick in his life and then makes it clear he won't return.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I want Jerry to become physically and emotionally swole and swoop in to save everyone from them selves.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I liked the episode

But I liked everything with the familybots better than it. That was awesome.

Yeah, I would have liked that to have been the main plot rather than the B plot. It was perfect for some Westworld parodies, too!

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

bloom posted:

Yeah it was very much fantasy/medieval, it was strange to see a jump from Mad Max mutants to knights in armor in a castle without any comment.
It's straight out of the movie Doomsday.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FactsAreUseless posted:

Meh, I feel like in this instance due to the father's identity there's interesting directions they can take it in. Plus one of this show's big things is taking hacky plots and twisting them; Lawnmower Dog and Raising Gazorpazorp come to mind specifically.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Baronjutter posted:

I want Jerry to become physically and emotionally swole and swoop in to save everyone from them selves.
Well, just wait till the next apocalypse.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Jerry is not a good person.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Eifert Posting posted:

Jerry is not a good person.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Honestly the least believable part of this episode was establishing that cannibalism is somewhere Rick isnt willing to go to. (Atleast not to simply prove a point to Morty)

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
It was probably just overcooked.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Fancy Hat! posted:

Honestly the least believable part of this episode was establishing that cannibalism is somewhere Rick isnt willing to go to. (Atleast not to simply prove a point to Morty)

Honestly I took that to be more that it was badly cooked because of the camp conditions rather than Rick refusing to eat man flesh.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Fancy Hat! posted:

Well, there's eating human flesh, and then there's eating poorly prepared human flesh.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Well, there's eating human flesh, and then there's eating poorly prepared human flesh.

Well that makes the joke even better, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maxwell Lord posted:

Well there was the time Roilland got pissed at the animators for wanting to unionize.

woah, a little googling reveals this was a spicier interlude than I would've guessed