Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I have an eye on Sandwolf as well - he's posting, but outside of casing nazgul for lurking he hasn't really cased anyone or made any effort to find scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

Bif made a post about watching the NK target, and then voted you to open D2 - it's entirely possible (probable even) that she was just goofing around but I figured it's as good of an opening vote as any.

oh, no that was not a watcher breadcrumb. If I was gonna watch somebody I would never call my shots like that

but it wasn't goofing around either! I was just saying I was keeping an eye on him as a potential scumbo cause I thought that "voting on principle' thing was really dodgy.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I was hoping for more Jam posts by the time I woke up

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Murmur Twin posted:

I have an eye on Sandwolf as well - he's posting, but outside of casing nazgul for lurking he hasn't really cased anyone or made any effort to find scum.

Yeah sorry this flipless stuff has a learning curve. I keep rereading and feel all stilted ignoring all connections to and from Podima/Flam.

I really don't like the way the vote switched so rapidly from MMT to Flam yesterday. I understand why it happened, MMT posted a bit and there was some pre-existing suspicion on him from earlier but.. something about the way the conversation goes makes me so uneasy. But I don't even know if it's worth loving following cuz Flam may have even been scum and it could have been a totally organic D1 scramble and then I'll end up with tunnel vision on some town.

I'm finding myself a little frustrated is all.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah sorry this flipless stuff has a learning curve. I keep rereading and feel all stilted ignoring all connections to and from Podima/Flam.

I really don't like the way the vote switched so rapidly from MMT to Flam yesterday. I understand why it happened, MMT posted a bit and there was some pre-existing suspicion on him from earlier but.. something about the way the conversation goes makes me so uneasy. But I don't even know if it's worth loving following cuz Flam may have even been scum and it could have been a totally organic D1 scramble and then I'll end up with tunnel vision on some town.

I'm finding myself a little frustrated is all.

didn't the Flam vote ramp up while Nazgul was still around? I voted him and Max joined in immediately. We were the only 2 votes for a while but Asiina said around the same time that she would also vote Flam. Pod showed up and said he was suss on both of them.

After that though, one weird thing is Hal tried to dismiss the Nazgul votes as a "policy lynch" mentioning how Nazgul often gets voted off D1, but I never got the impression that anyone was voting Nazgul for anything but just lurking. (maybe also for throwing out a hypocritical lurker vote while still lurking) Despite his meltdown later, it really wasn't anything personal about him that I could see.

but then when Nazgul shows up again a bit later, he's suddenly "choosing to interpret this as "The Mafia community no longer wants me to play". " Now that I'm re-reading it that seems really strange. Especially when Flam was getting just as much heat. I'd assumed that kind of pouting was frustrated town, especially with MT showing up and participating well, but Hal making that similar personal comment beforehand is making me paranoid.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Hal Incandenza (2): Bifauxnen, Murmur Twin

Not Voting (7): Asiina, Hal Incandenza, Jamuraan, Max, Mithross, Sandwolf, Somberbrero

With 9 hunies, it's 5 votes to pop. Figure out who to pop by August 02nd, 2017 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

but then when Nazgul shows up again a bit later, he's suddenly "choosing to interpret this as "The Mafia community no longer wants me to play". " Now that I'm re-reading it that seems really strange. Especially when Flam was getting just as much heat. I'd assumed that kind of pouting was frustrated town, especially with MT showing up and participating well, but Hal making that similar personal comment beforehand is making me paranoid.

Can you explain this? I don't get it.

I don't really like Sandwolf's point that the vote switching means anything. The pressure was mostly because betrayer was not participating, and then he ragequit in a spectacular fashion and MMT came in with opinions with 3 hours until deadline. If the cause for the votes changes then the votes are going to change? It's not that the shift came out of nowhere or was even last minute D1 scrambling. The situation changed.

And again, without knowing Flam's alignment I don't know how you can draw any conclusions from it anyway?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Can you explain this? I don't get it.

I don't like the way Hal defended Nazgul. It's conflating a critique of lurker lunches in general with not wanting to vote Nazgul in particular. So that's got me wondering if they could've been scumbuddies after all.

Here's the Nazgul meltdown again:

redneck nazgul posted:

I'm so loving thrilled that jokephase ends immediately after I post.

I request a replacement.

redneck nazgul posted:

I'm choosing to interpret this as "The Mafia community no longer wants me to play". Might as well give the slot to someone else, since protesting does absolutely gently caress-all in the face of "well, we need to lynch someone and it's either you or a lurker because it's Day 1 and we can't figure out anything without night actions".

Thanks for the memories.

redneck nazgul posted:

The case against me is "He wasn't here and he threw down a joke vote", and there's magically enough momentum that I'm the default choice even if I somehow pull a Night Zero cop investigation out of my rear end.

Participation isn't fixing that and you know it.

As I said, I want a replacement. I'm done.

I just don't get where he's getting all this personal offense from, especially when Flam had just as much heat on him instead by then so it wasn't like Nazgul was the only "default choice" we were talking about. I was reading the meltdown as townie before, but looking back at Hal setting up that "everyone's just picking on Nazgul" narrative makes me wonder if it's not.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hell, if anything Flam's the one who keeps getting voted off D1 or D2 in every game I've seen him in

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

of course now MT's voting Hal so that's weird, but since she apparently believed I had a watch result on Hal, she might've jumped the gun on joining the bandwagon.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don't like MT throwing that vote there, I accept the reasoning, but they should remove it unless they've got good reason to have a vote on Hal.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Eh, you know what, with nazgul's freakout yesterday and that weird vote, I think ##vote Murmur Twin

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I was sort of off put for her voting Hal when we only need 5 to lunch and it's a flimsy reason. But it's also only day 2 so whatever.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Murmur Twin posted:

On a scale of 1-10 how much of a smoking gun is this?

this reads as fake. if it was an actual smoking gun, someone else would have ran with it. it's like, quintessential fake content.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

this reads as fake. if it was an actual smoking gun, someone else would have ran with it. it's like, quintessential fake content.

What?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I agree though MMT not unvoting is suspicious.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
in fact the more i read that page, the more i like mmt for scum. take a look at this:

Asiina posted:

That was a garbage replace out, but I think it was alignment neutral, and MMT sweeping into the thread has already provided more content so my lurker bloodlust is satiated.

I don't think anyone is hardcore lurking anymore, so I think the best actual case is on Flam.

##vote Flam

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah kind of lame of Betrayer to take his ball and go but whatever. MMT is a solid replacement.

I would be ok with a vote on Flam, although I need to look him over one more time. I did think his original vote was pretty poor though.

The only thing that bothers me about Jammy is that he is being less obnoxious than he generally is as town, not sure if that is a reaction to the last few games where he got a lot of poo poo about it or if this is his more circumspect scum game.

versus this:

Podima posted:

It's basically a mod meta read, but in the absence of any content it was a fine starting point. I think it's better to set aside at this point in lieu of focusing on actual game content though. Call it a 3-4 now?

That being said, that was a lovely whiny pissbaby replace-out on redneck nazgul's part and I'd still vote MMT purely on principle. MMT's catch on Jammy is pretty good though, I've done that kind of doubling-down on a jokephase vote before as scum.

i don't think it's any coincidence that pod died. there's something fucky about both asiina and hal rushing to clear mmt as she's replaced. i'm wondering if the scum were going for a distancing strategy that picked up more steam than they intended and betrayer was pissed at being bussed, or decided it was best for the team.

it's circumstantial but i don't see any other cases grabbing me. ##vote hal

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

i don't understand what you don't understand?

mmt jumped on something that clearly didn't mean anything.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

weird, that's the bit you think to pick out from MT's posts? I was curious about whether Pod was serious or not too, especially since I'm not actually Audrey.

I mean, I'd figure a game shouldn't ever be flavor-solvable like that, but if Aubrey is like Sara's Komaeda or something, he could've had a point.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

the fact that whoever IS Audrey never claimed to point out how irrelevant that was makes me wonder too.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

in fact the more i read that page, the more i like mmt for scum. take a look at this:

versus this:

i don't think it's any coincidence that pod died. there's something fucky about both asiina and hal rushing to clear mmt as she's replaced. i'm wondering if the scum were going for a distancing strategy that picked up more steam than they intended and betrayer was pissed at being bussed, or decided it was best for the team.

it's circumstantial but i don't see any other cases grabbing me. ##vote hal

This post ending in that vote feels just a little disconnected. It starts with suspicion towards MMT and then ends on a vote on Hal? Who currently has three votes?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

the fact that whoever IS Audrey never claimed to point out how irrelevant that was makes me wonder too.

Kind of a big assumption that we're supposed to know these hentai(?) characters by name.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

This post ending in that vote feels just a little disconnected. It starts with suspicion towards MMT and then ends on a vote on Hal? Who currently has three votes?

i hosed that up, i'm on my... twelvvth hour of this shift. ##vote mmt

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

Kind of a big assumption that we're supposed to know these hentai(?) characters by name.

well at least the one you got in your PM, sheesh

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah I'm not getting this either.

You think Betrayer/MMT is scum, so people defending her might be her scumbros, so you vote one of them instead of MMT?

Your case on Hal is dependent on MMT being scum, so why are you voting Hal and putting him at -2?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

new mafia thread title.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay, that at least makes more sense.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
also i forgot about this earlier, but are bif and i really the only other mason pair?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

also i forgot about this earlier, but are bif and i really the only other mason pair?

what

did you mix that name up too

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

what

did you mix that name up too

no??

if this is a goof i'm too tired to get it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You didn't clarify if you were addressing me earlier or not. I wasn't in a "real" masonry since Kyu obviously got murdered N0 but it did I provide me a little bit of context for what's going on, though it looks like even that was wrong.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Is she yelling at you in mason chat right now?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

no??

if this is a goof i'm too tired to get it.

okay I just read my PM over again to make sure I didn't skim the gently caress out of it and uh, no we are not masons?

this is news to me

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh good I'm glad I'm not the only one confused as gently caress about all this.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

okay I just read my PM over again to make sure I didn't skim the gently caress out of it and uh, no we are not masons?

this is news to me

i guess maybe you are unhappy that i outted us but, uh, you said it was fine the other day?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

i guess maybe you are unhappy that i outted us but, uh, you said it was fine the other day?

what the fuuuuuuuuuuck

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Uhhhh

Max
Nov 30, 2002

pera game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Max posted:

pera game.

Whanna explain what that means? this is my first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ecco games on steroids.

• Locked thread