Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Bakanogami posted:

Speaking of Riyo comic, the book version (I think) while not explicitly saying their names, has descriptions on the 3 Riyo-original servants that completely gives it away.

[etc]

I wonder what the chances are that they're ever added to the game proper?

I am seriously hoping tonight's secret announcement is those three.

Btw the secret announcement should be in a bit over 10.5 hours from this post.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I thought Da Vinci is and was summoned as a man, but just decided to use his Caster powers to turn himself into his ideal vision of beauty, the Mona Lisa.
Dude dicked with his summoning so his Saint Graph (the body) would be shaped like the Mona Lisa.
Or he loved Mona Lisa so much the above happened. I don't recall which.

Either way dude loves it.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Aug 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

a kitten posted:

why is everyone made of dragons!? :argh:

To make Seigfried think he can be useful against them.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

EGSunBro posted:

Astolfo is actually the most accurate depiction in all of Fate.

Uncanny

I really want whoever did this to make one for every character.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

SpaceDrake posted:

It overall gets better (and later events provide more resources), but for a while certain things will be damnably rare. Prepare to hate dragon scales, dragon teeth and demon hearts.

Don't remind me, last night I learned I currently need 6 demon hearts for ascensions right now instead of the two I originally thought. I guess I can keep myself busy trying to get Serpent jewels from the event right now.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Started this game last week and am enjoying it so far. I'm honestly suprised I'm still playing despite not having more story quests to play since I usually lose patience with ftp.

Have resisted temptation to spend money on the game despite my only 4* servants being Marie, lily and Nero. If i ever do pay money I'm sure the gatcha will just give me more verdant black keys.

If only there was an easy way to grind materials. I only need 2 more octuplet crystals to get Nero to 3rd ascention but they refuse to drop. I'm well aware it gets worse.

If i ever get a 5*servant the grind will be the death of me.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
AP spent on farming materials alone feels like a complete waste, since if you don't get them you're stuck with lovely XP and QP as your rewards. That's AP that could've been spent farming prisms. I had an epiphany of sorts when I wasted a day farming Ocutplet Crystals at Gaul (getting none of course) only to look up and see you'd get 5 guaranteed in Nerofest. I'm of the mind now that I'd rather just wait for these events for the materials. If I have to wait on ascending folks or boosting skills, oh well.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Kyte posted:

Dude dicked with his summoning so his Saint Graph (the body) would be shaped like the Mona Lisa.

Maybe the Mona Lisa was the relic used for the summoning. Though I'm guessing FGO summoning works a bit differently than the traditional grail war.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Maybe the Mona Lisa was the relic used for the summoning. Though I'm guessing FGO summoning works a bit differently than the traditional grail war.

You put quartzes in the machine, there's a noise, and then waifus come out.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Kyte posted:

Isn't there a theory that the Mona Lisa was Da'Vinci's self portrait of what he saw as his ideal self? Either way I'm wondering what part of Da'Vinci's legend the giant claw gauntlet came from.

I just started playing this game a couple of weeks ago. Its fun and I've so far been able to avoid spending money on rock candies. A couple of questions. Should I only be leveling up a few servants at a time or is having a diverse team a necessity? And when people are talking about burning their servants is that the burn to make them into QP or just sac'ing them to feed other servants?

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Just beat the Grand Finale, though I had to resort to using the "fully revive absolutely everyone" Command Spell, but a win's a win. Had a team of Vlad, Gil, and support Gil, and even then, got a bit lucky with who the enemy targeted.

Don't really care enough to try and farm it, so my job is done I guess.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

I just started playing this game a couple of weeks ago. Its fun and I've so far been able to avoid spending money on rock candies. A couple of questions. Should I only be leveling up a few servants at a time or is having a diverse team a necessity? And when people are talking about burning their servants is that the burn to make them into QP or just sac'ing them to feed other servants?

You will ultimately need a diverse team, but at the moment two high level servants and a high level support can deal with most things in the game. I can mostly just run with Artoria and Heracles in my front row, picking friends appropriate to the quest, swapping in someone else for Artoria if the enemies are all archers.

Burning usually means selling at the shop for QP and sometimes mana prisms, but I guess there might be people who use the term more generally?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Yeah, I had to blow three command spells for that last fight, but considering I'm still underleveled for it by about 20 levels, I'm happy getting it any way I can.

Getting the impression that the suggested levels of given stages is, uh, flexible given a certain amount of optimization. Really could use a second room-sweeper, though I imagine it'll be awhile before I have somebody that can take Herc's place to fill that role.

Marogareh posted:

I really want whoever did this to make one for every character.

It's part of the important process that is anime rewriting all of history.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Revolver Bunker posted:

Isn't there a theory that the Mona Lisa was Da'Vinci's self portrait of what he saw as his ideal self? Either way I'm wondering what part of Da'Vinci's legend the giant claw gauntlet came from.

There is but FGO goes with Da Vinci just considering the Mona Lisa to be the ultimate beauty and wanting to become that. I don't recall the exact mechanics but that's more or less the justification.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Kyte posted:

Jeez, is it really going to be in the JP afternoon? I was hoping it'd be earlier in the evening for US folk. :(

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Revolver Bunker posted:

At first in the story I just kind of did whatever, picking the best 3*-5*'s I could muster from my initial roll in the prologue and adjusted as needed against the class triangle, leveling up those who seemed to be doing the best at that time. Eventually I started focusing more and more on the dailies and that sort of naturally helped me figure out which servants I liked best for clearing it and I've focused on them since then.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Shortly after I made that post, a serpent jewel finally dropped. A couple lucky runs later and the 3 Archer monuments I needed also showed up.
Now I have my Gil at 3rd Ascension.

Then I bought a summon ticket with my mama prisms and got Kaleidoscope. So I consider this a victory.
Makes up for every single other ticket I used on the Nerofest banner being garbage.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, I never got Nero and most of my rolls were garbage... But I did get 2 'scopes so I'm not complaining too loudly.

My next thing is finding berzerker and rider monuments and a giant pile of dragon fangs too. A giant, giant pile.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
No need to worry about the Rider monuments, the (supposedly) next event has 20 of them in the store. Along with Archer and Assassin.

But not Saber or Berserker :argh:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Maxing out Jack's skills, and then working on maxing Archer Artoria's skills, has completely destroyed my formerly massive QP reserves. I really loving hope this year's summer event gives a lot of QP

And also like 100 dragon fangs

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Sherlock Holmes is cool and good and we need a 3-Star Watson to go with him. Maybe make him a robot like Babbage.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
No make him Jude Law

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Well, pretty straightforward event, but I got five ascensions out of it, so I can't complain. Cu put his shirt back on, but Gil took his off, so balance is maintained.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Compendium posted:

No make him Jude Law

Jude Law has been a robot before, in A.I.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yeah, but he wasn't a gundam

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Sherlock Holmes is cool and good and we need a 3-Star Watson to go with him. Maybe make him a robot like Babbage.

Gudako in the 22nd century.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

NRVNQSR posted:

You will ultimately need a diverse team, but at the moment two high level servants and a high level support can deal with most things in the game. I can mostly just run with Artoria and Heracles in my front row, picking friends appropriate to the quest, swapping in someone else for Artoria if the enemies are all archers.

Burning usually means selling at the shop for QP and sometimes mana prisms, but I guess there might be people who use the term more generally?

I don't have Artoria yet but I did manage to roll Heracles on one of my ten rolls. My main team right now is Lv26 Medea, Lv24 Tamamo Cat Berzerker with whatever supports I can befriend.

I also have a Lv 26 Caster, Lv25 Robin Hood, Lv 18 Martha, Lv15 Kiyohime, Lv13 Jing Ke, Lv 17 Cu Chulainn Proto, Lv16 Hercales, Lv 20 Nero, Lv 19 Hassan, and Lv 11 Medusa.

I think I've been leveling too many servants up at the same time. I've only just started the Septem chapter as well. I think I might be doing something wrong.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

I don't have Artoria yet but I did manage to roll Heracles on one of my ten rolls. My main team right now is Lv26 Medea, Lv24 Tamamo Cat Berzerker with whatever supports I can befriend.

I also have a Lv 26 Caster, Lv25 Robin Hood, Lv 18 Martha, Lv15 Kiyohime, Lv13 Jing Ke, Lv 17 Cu Chulainn Proto, Lv16 Hercales, Lv 20 Nero, Lv 19 Hassan, and Lv 11 Medusa.

I think I've been leveling too many servants up at the same time. I've only just started the Septem chapter as well. I think I might be doing something wrong.

I'd wait for more experienced people to chime in but FWIW I'd focus on heracles and tamamo for the moment since they're both zerkers.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Hmm when does medusa lancer get released? As far as I can tell it's Babylonia and that's a year or two off. Is there any place to see what events/singularities introduce new servants? I can't find it In the wikia or cirnopedia

Edit: never mind, found a google doc that had the info. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oZLG8CcgvYQueRndqe6MVoZ1TK3VX3MAwWUCsFn33Dk/htmlview#gid=0

cyxx fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Aug 2, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I am awakening to the power of H.C.Anderson. The little man is proving very useful, now if only Orleans would drop another caster piece so I could give him his second ascension.

That said, what sacrifices to the gacha gods do I have to make to get FSN Cu to show up in a FP Pull. :argh:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/satoije/status/892331086033821696

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Same dude

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Well, tried my last pull I had available for Nerofest, wanting Nero dupes or Robin Hood.

Instead I get Vlad III and Altera. I suppose I should be happy about getting this.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes, you should be happy about getting Uncle Vlad.

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?
Yeah, the downside was I had just finished burning all my embers getting Heracles to 44. But Vlad's up to 36 now and I'm loving that he's Arts focused, since I enjoy the fun of spamming NPs.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

got a single ticket from login today

threw it at nerofest and got jeanne

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kyte posted:

Haven't seen the news yet, but my JP app just updated and it looks like you might get your wish.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Bakanogami posted:

Haven't seen the news yet, but my JP app just updated and it looks like you might get your wish.

http://view.fate-go.jp/2017/2nd_statesman/

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So about them never adding more Bronze Servants...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Holy poo poo Bunyan comes with a 200% teamwide Buster buff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As is appropriate for Riyo Gudako's servant, her NP animation is super short. Maybe even shorter than Arash?

https://twitter.com/aki_entame/status/892679803651801088

Pureauthor posted:

Holy poo poo Bunyan comes with a 200% teamwide Buster buff.

It increases crit damage, too. And she has two different ways to lower defense.

Too bad that it's on a 6K max health berserker with no defensive skills, so you're probably only gonna get one turn to use it.

Bakanogami fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Aug 2, 2017