Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mother of god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't know why either of them would lie about this. Is it an unconfirmed masonry?

Are you in a masonry with someone pretending to be Bif?

This is so confusing!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

IE: I have no idea what's going on with Somber and Bif, but I am not surprised something that crazy is currently happening because of who our mod is.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Asiina posted:

I don't know why either of them would lie about this. Is it an unconfirmed masonry?

Are you in a masonry with someone pretending to be Bif?

This is so confusing!

I actually also had the second thought here. Wouldn't that require a decent amount of organization by pera though?

I want both of you (Somber and Bif) to give us your perspective.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I just checked my PMs again and still have no idea what the gently caress

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So, to clarify Bif, you haven't the single foggiest idea what Somber is talking about?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sandwolf posted:

So, to clarify Bif, you haven't the single foggiest idea what Somber is talking about?

that is correct.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Somber are they talking in the masonry right now?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
dude if you are not actually playing coy then... i don't know what the gently caress?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Somber are they talking in the masonry right now?

no we last talked earlier today. obviously i tried to talk this there now.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

loving Jesus, so, to clarify Somber, you are actively participating wholesale in a mason partnership with someone who your PM said was Bif? Or said was a character name?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

dude if you are not actually playing coy then... i don't know what the gently caress?

wait so you are in a mason doc

right now

with someone that's supposed to be me

try asking them what they like best about Komaeda

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Somber is it a confirmed or unconfirmed masonry?

Cause like, an unconfirmed masonry is the most innocuous thing ever.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

wait so you are in a mason doc

right now

with someone that's supposed to be me

try asking them what they like best about Komaeda

Yeah this is what I was going to get at if they were talking right now.

Ask them something only Bif would know.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Asiina posted:

This seems way less noteworthy than the fact that one of the supposed members of the masonry adamantly claims they have no idea what is being referred to.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

loving Jesus, so, to clarify Somber, you are actively participating wholesale in a mason partnership with someone who your PM said was Bif? Or said was a character name?

yeah.

i got a 'call' n0 and entered into a masonry. the flavor said it was an anonymous call now that i check but the sheets doc definitely loving says bif.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Yeah this is what I was going to get at if they were talking right now.

Ask them something only Bif would know.

well, if it was me just trying to deny being in the masonry, I could just not answer :v: but babbling about Komaeda would be hard to resist

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

This seems way less noteworthy than the fact that one of the supposed members of the masonry adamantly claims they have no idea what is being referred to.

Well an unconfirmed masonry I'm more likely to believe that there's someone pretending to be Bif in there.

While if it's confirmed I guess I can understand why Bif would be playing coy about it, but at this point if she is then she should just admit it, because this is gonna eat up a lot of discussion.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

unconfirmed.

bif if you're loving with me i swear to god.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

yeah.

i got a 'call' n0 and entered into a masonry. the flavor said it was an anonymous call now that i check but the sheets doc definitely loving says bif.

An imposter!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

Well an unconfirmed masonry I'm more likely to believe that there's someone pretending to be Bif in there.

While if it's confirmed I guess I can understand why Bif would be playing coy about it, but at this point if she is then she should just admit it, because this is gonna eat up a lot of discussion.

if it was confirmed I'd be all over that poo poo, being confirmed town is the best cause I can boss everybody around demanding answers without people slapfighting me

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

An imposter!

i have been playing mafia for... eight years and i have never seen this. is this a pera thing?

i still actually refuse to believe this is not bif just being an rear end in a top hat.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

bif if you're loving with me i swear to god.

loving :lol: I love that people believe I would do this though but it's seriously not me

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This is now officially hilarious.

Somber what has "Bif" been saying? Giving any reads?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

i have been playing mafia for... eight years and i have never seen this. is this a pera thing?

i still actually refuse to believe this is not bif just being an rear end in a top hat.

I mean I've seen anonymous masonries before and I think I even was an anonymous mason recruiter once.

I can totally see someone doing that and pretending to be someone else.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

This is astounding.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That makes me feel like Bif is town, since I don't know why town would lie about their identity rather than just hide it if they don't want it known.

Of course, it could just be Bif loving with you and that's what she wants us to think!

But then maybe the wine was in front of me!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asiina posted:

I mean I've seen anonymous masonries before and I think I even was an anonymous mason recruiter once.

I can totally see someone doing that and pretending to be someone else.

I have got to read these games

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

This is now officially hilarious.

Somber what has "Bif" been saying? Giving any reads?

like not loving much! so it's like, what was the point of this? we kept missing each other with my work schedules. i'm checking back now.

d1: asks me if i have any other abilities.

we talk a little about jokephase

talks about how town max seems

calls me out for lurking

asks me how i feel about mithross

says something about pod not getting the girl he picked

d2: mostly us missing each other and him calling me out for lurking more

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

That makes me feel like Bif is town, since I don't know why town would lie about their identity rather than just hide it if they don't want it known.

I realized I didn't finish this thought. Why town would lie -> therefore you're talking to scum -> scum would likely pick a town person to pretend to be.

Now that I write it out though, that's convoluted as gently caress.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

Bifauxnen posted:

I was hoping for more Jam posts by the time I woke up
I'm not trying to interject too much RL into this but I've been struggling with :effort: lately. I slept like 10 hours into the day after playing Civ 5 until 8am. I didn't reread anything from before today, sorry I lied and said I would. I'm not part of a masonry either and without any flips I really have no clue where to start. Like someone said, WIFOMing the kill probably won't lead to much.

Y'all can lynch me if you want, I know a few of you still think I'm the best choice, but I'm not scum and unfortunately you won't even gain any information from lynching me.

I think if anyone else has more info about the setup it can only help us. This masonry hint from Max doesn't seem dishonest, but it seems strange that no one else has backed him up.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I'm at work so I can't really dig into this for a couple hours, but this is ridiculous (In a silly way, I haven't decided if it's also good or bad)

I honestly don't know what to believe right now, I'm going to digest until my break

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jamuraan posted:

I think if anyone else has more info about the setup it can only help us. This masonry hint from Max doesn't seem dishonest, but it seems strange that no one else has backed him up.

yeah I'm way more curious now about what the hell Max's clue was supposed to be

trying to think of who'd try and pretend to be me but pretty sure none of you even know Gaspy, let alone well enough to let him steal your account

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Imposter is the most plausible theory in my mind, which is loving crazy to me because it's insane, but also I have no idea why Somber or Bif would lie about this. There is no benefit at all to lying regardless of either of their alignments.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Is Taste secretly in this game?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah I'm way more curious now about what the hell Max's clue was supposed to be

trying to think of who'd try and pretend to be me but pretty sure none of you even know Gaspy, let alone well enough to let him steal your account

I mean, I don't know about anyone else but (sorry Sara :love:) my role PM was largely incomprehensible. I really read it over carefully to see if there was any such clue I had missed out on.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
:( this is hard and i need to get my own game back up, stop it.

bif why'd you do this to me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Somberbrero posted:

:( this is hard and i need to get my own game back up, stop it.

bif why'd you do this to me

mate I love chatting in docs, I even had random Dangan Ronpa chat with imgay that one time we were masons, I seriously wouldn't do this

I am going to go have some lunch and maybe some tequila

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Bifauxnen posted:

mate I love chatting in docs, I even had random Dangan Ronpa chat with imgay that one time we were masons, I seriously wouldn't do this

I am going to go have some lunch and maybe some tequila

i wasn't talking to you, i was talking to Other Bif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Can't even call them false-Bif since Bif already has "faux" in her name.

This is truly the worst.

• Locked thread