Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Hey what's the brand on that bacon? I'm hitting the co tomorrow to pick up some cards (Costco photo services for baby announcements y'all) and wouldn't mind grabbing some to put on, or possibly in, burgs.

Oh wait, uncured? I guess it's a fresh meat thing? If it's frozen, hmu

It's Jones brand cherrywood smoked Canadian bacon. I freeze one of the two packs in the container and it works out fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mundane haircut
May 3, 2007

"I am a couch. I am a couch. I am a couch."
Ultra Carp

binge crotching posted:

I saw this little number in Parramatta today, they were out of them though.

Were the dogs pork or beef at Parramatta? Down in Canberra they're pork and I feel like my store is a heretical chapter of the 'stco.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
What would happen if I put a Costco dog into the chicken avocado wrap? Would I be arrested? Die of pleasure?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Put a Kirkland Signature diaper on my infant son tonight for the first time. Let's see what happens.

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
Your son will grow up to be the next Warren Buffet: rich as gently caress, but always frugal!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
That Kirkland pulled pork is fairly fuckin aces I gots 2 say

Tried some new toppings today

PBUC

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Put a Kirkland Signature diaper on my infant son tonight for the first time. Let's see what happens.

They're god tier diapers and I have not found a finer brand to don my son's rear end with

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

kazr posted:

They're god tier diapers and I have not found a finer brand to don my son's rear end with

Yup. I've never had a leak or anything, and they even added the little wetness indicator strip to the bigger sizes! Proest tip is to buy 2 or 3 boxes when they go on sale (about 25% off) for maximum savings. By the time you run out they're on sale again. My
membership pays for itself on a few months of diapers alone.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

mundane haircut posted:

Were the dogs pork or beef at Parramatta? Down in Canberra they're pork and I feel like my store is a heretical chapter of the 'stco.

Pork unfortunately

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

That Kirkland pulled pork is fairly fuckin aces I gots 2 say

Tried some new toppings today

PBUC

you got your watch dirty for a hot dog

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

insulated staircase posted:

you got your watch dirty for a 1/4 lb. + all-beef hot dog with free refill for $1.50.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

What's with everyone bringing up the Professional Baseball Umpires Corporation?

Also I got my Costco membership today at lunch, also a dog and combo slice.

Groupon has a deal on memberships right now.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Chinatown posted:

*uncontrollable shivering, frozen snot covers face, while waiting in line*

"thinkin....bout that dog"

GIMME...THE FUCKIN DOG MAN!!!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Costco Co-founder Jeff Brotman has passed away. PBUC

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

PBUC

Celebrated his life by getting cheap gas, cheap groceries, a hot dog, and a soda (with free refill).

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

PBUC

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
PBUC. I hope he gets a hero's funeral but I fear if other management now wants to go Wall Street and make a buck

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
And now is watch for bargains has ended.

Bury him in a Costco casket. PBUC.

naem
May 29, 2011

They shall lay him on a bier upon a costco cart and set him alight viking style, and wheel him out into the parking lot (inshalla)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

The day the dog and soda + refill hits a higher point than $1.50 is the day I fall on my Costco card.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The day the dog and soda + refill hits a higher point than $1.50 is the day I fall on my Costco card.

Yo.

Account for inflation.

I respect that Costco will maintain its value price point more than the USD.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

i shall shed a tear and then bite into my delicious dog and take a swig of fresh fountain soda

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Capntastic posted:

Yo.

Account for inflation.

I respect that Costco will maintain its value price point more than the USD.

In its infinite and perpetual generosity, Costco has maintained the price point for their hot dog + refill and their rotisserie chickens for many years despite inflation, PBUC.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The $1.50 Hot Dog combo is basically the Portrait of Dorian Grey.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What is the portrait in this analogy then?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

They aren't going to raise it until 2030 when it's beyond ridiculous. Then it will be $1.75.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

What is the portrait in this analogy then?

The price of the dog. It stays the same price as time goes by. But if they decide to examine (raise) that price, then Costco will die.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Sounds like something a BJ's apostate would say.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
the dollar fifty dogs days are numbered but yeah it'll probably be like 1.75 to 2 at most.

with seriously inflation since the start of the dollar dog days, raising price of beef lips and assholes, minimum wage, etc i'm surprised costco isn't already eating a $-1 or more loss for every dog sold.

we used to have $1 ice cream cone store here in berkeley and been like that for years. like seriously crazy flavors and pretty drat good. its went up to $1.25 finally, then a few years its at $1.50 now. still a bargain compared to most ice cream which is like $4 for a tiny spoonful of ice cream. just like costco's inevitable $2 dogs will be a steal vs $6 hot dog places

Xaris fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 2, 2017

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Xaris posted:

we used to have $1 ice cream cone store here in berkeley and been like that for years.

Was it called Costco?

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

It might have been good ol' Thrifty's

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Apprentice Dick posted:

It's Jones brand cherrywood smoked Canadian bacon. I freeze one of the two packs in the container and it works out fine.

Thanks!

Today was a good day. You guys changed up my whole game with the suggestion to get the dog first. Plus you can get a fresh drink refill to tote around while you shop. Stay hydrated y'all.

Plus I found a secret way into the parking lot that allows me to skirt the lines of cars waiting to get gas. PBUC

Also, I haven't tried the diapers but the Kirkland brand baby wipes are the best you can get. Even if you don't have a baby, treat yourself and get some to keep by the toilet. It's like wiping your ahsss weet seelk

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Gonna need gas tomorrow, but paper plates don't go on sale until the 3rd. Costco two days in a row? :thunk:

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Serious post, I guess? My family has been working on paying down our debt over the last year or so, so we've been self-imposing some serious austerity measures. No frills, only what is necessary. That stupid Executive Costco membership has been a real boon for us, at the very least inasmuch as gas, vitamins, toiletries, etc. are concerned, and if you use your head you can very easily feed a family of four for about $150 a week, even less if you plan ahead, with good, delicious, nutritious food.

Every trip I buy the Hannah hommus, 2 gallons of milk, a giant can of San Marzano whole tomatoes (STUPID cheap, and you can just use your food processor if you need crushed or pureed tomatoes), select fresh veg, a variety pack of sliced cheeses (the brand name escapes me, but it's got that Polish eagle thing on the package), the amazing Normandy or stir fry blends, 36 eggs for about $3.50, bone in chicken thighs (dirt cheap), a rotisserie chicken, and one or two select frozen entrees (our babysitter cannot cook for poo poo, and kids love tenders and fish sticks). Then, depending on what we need, I'll grab some odd staples (spices, butter, bottled water, olive oil, rice, Better Than Bouillon, which comes in a huge container for what your average grocery store sells the smaller ones for), ground beef and turkey... I tell you, my family has never eaten better, and we are spending about half what we normally would.

I still get most of my pork at Wegmans, because they have the best, cheapest, highest quality pork loin you can find, and my Costco doesn't carry the country style pork ribs I love so much. Still, their chops are hard to beat, and their Boston butt is at the very least comparable. The only other areas I much prefer Wegmans to is hot sauce, bread, and canned tuna, but ymmv. Also can't get those Heinz beans in the blue can at Costco, and my kids love an English breakfast.

Since I work really erratic hours, and I care less about what I fuel my dad bod with, I always stock up on the Jamaican style beef patties, and those goddamn Madras lentils over jasmine rice are loving amazing. Also, the attached liquor store sells a very decent vodka called Recipe 21 for about 8 bucks a bottle.

The people are very nice there, they're always very sweet with my kids, and you can't goddamn beat a dog w/ soda + refill for a dollar goddamn fifty.

That's my love letter to the 'co. They're a good company (as billion dollar multinational corporations go), and the quality of life for my family has improved greatly because of them. Some day down the road, when we've dug out of our hole, imma take my family to Disney World through one of those sweet, sweet Costco vacation packages, and it's gonna be loving awesome.

PBUC

One caveat, I find the Kirkland brand bacon to be very... meh? Can't win 'em all, I guess.

quote:

Plus I found a secret way into the parking lot that allows me to skirt the lines of cars waiting to get gas. PBUC

Same.

DangerDummy! fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 2, 2017

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Xaris posted:

the dollar fifty dogs days are numbered but yeah it'll probably be like 1.75 to 2 at most.

with seriously inflation since the start of the dollar dog days, raising price of beef lips and assholes, minimum wage, etc i'm surprised costco isn't already eating a $-1 or more loss for every dog sold.

we used to have $1 ice cream cone store here in berkeley and been like that for years. like seriously crazy flavors and pretty drat good. its went up to $1.25 finally, then a few years its at $1.50 now. still a bargain compared to most ice cream which is like $4 for a tiny spoonful of ice cream. just like costco's inevitable $2 dogs will be a steal vs $6 hot dog places

Rising minimum wage? The cashiers at my local Costco get paid like 22 bucks an hour lol the cart pushers make more than 50% of Americans.

PBUC

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Mo_Steel posted:

Gonna need gas tomorrow, but paper plates don't go on sale until the 3rd. Costco two days in a row? :thunk:

I guess, if you skipped the dog and soda today and have to restart your daily trips.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Kirkland brand bacon is almost flavorless. The thick cut is good though.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Kirkland brand bacon is almost flavorless. The thick cut is good though.

I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Grem posted:

I guess, if you skipped the dog and soda today and have to restart your daily trips.

SKIP the 1/4lb all beef hot dog and drink (with free loving refills!!!!!!) for just a $1.50? Skip this astounding value?

:getout: :dogout: :frogout: