Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

How bad was Freddie's 3B defense?

It wasn't great but it also wasn't terrible and he was getting better. He's just clearly a MUCH better 1B than 3B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pancakes posted:

Let's lobby for Schwarbs and Voit in their respective left fields tonight. All-beef day.

I'll have you know that Kyle Schwarber is the 5th best defensive Left Fielder in the majors of those with at least 500 innings at the position. :colbert:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

This is hilarous

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Grittybeard posted:

Jeff Passan and Doug Gottlieb are having a little twitter beef.

Gottlieb had some dumb hot take about how we should be suspicious Adrian Beltre is on steroids because he's from the Dominican Republic and it's easy to get PEDs there. This wasn't Passan's initial reply but it's his best:

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/892484794591981569

God Jeff Passan is the goods.

http://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2017-08-01-jeff-passan-interview-with-doug-gottlieb/

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I have no idea what the Braves are doing anymore?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

The Orioles are a train wreck.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Intruder posted:

gently caress

Makes me wonder what the offer was. Can any Cardinals dudes hack Ground Control again?

We have a lot of nerds on the team, but no CompSci guys I can think of. Sorry. If you need Econ, atmospheric engineering or biomed, we're your team (Bowman, Piscotty and DeJong, respectively).

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
aaaaand exhale

https://twitter.com/PavlovicNBCS/status/892522422649315328

Still no way he opts out now lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Was Jeff Passan the goatse'd man?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I have no idea what the Braves are doing anymore?

Supposedly once the mandatory 10 days are up, Dansby comes back from Gwinnett and retakes short and he and Albies hold down middle infield for the next 5-7 years. Camargo goes to third for now, Rodriguez backs up, Phillips gets traded. Adams flails around LF till Kemp comes back or they bring Acuna up.

But Santana at third is just dumb desperation.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Holy crap someone find a gif of the Indians robbing a home run tonight, just saw it on the Royals broadcast.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Grittybeard posted:

Holy crap someone find a gif of the Indians robbing a home run tonight, just saw it on the Royals broadcast.

https://twitter.com/AroundBasesPOD/status/892551606943830016

:swoon:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
I thought if he fell entirely into the stands in fair territory it counted as a home run still.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I wanna see it from another angle, he looks like he's like 10 feet of the ground.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Popete posted:

I wanna see it from another angle, he looks like he's like 10 feet of the ground.

https://twitter.com/sporer/status/892551345563213824

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
news: Jon Lester hit his first home run
views: Abolish the DH

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

DrPossum posted:

news: Jon Lester hit his first home run
views: Abolish the DH

https://twitter.com/BaseballBros/status/892557351844294656

He got a curtain call

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

have it on good authority that chicks dig the long ball

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Edinson Volquez done for the year with a UCL tear. Will miss all of 2018.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
The very next half-inning after he hit his first career dinger, Lester got his 2,000th career strikeout.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, CC Sabathia made his 500th career start tonight. How rare is that these days?

I mean he's not really all that old after looking him up so maybe this is less impressive than I thought. For some reason I thought he was like 42 or something.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i desperately want hendricks to hit one out and cut a new chicks dig the longball commercial with lester

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, CC Sabathia made his 500th career start tonight. How rare is that these days?

I mean he's not really all that old after looking him up so maybe this is less impressive than I thought. For some reason I thought he was like 42 or something.

He debuted in 2001 - 16 freaking years ago. Man do I feel old - hell, it's been 9 years since he's been an Indian!! I watched him pitch in AA Akron and AAA Buffalo and thought this kid's gonna be something special - i still root for him :)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

i desperately want hendricks to hit one out and cut a new chicks dig the longball commercial with lester

If there was ever a pitcher who I thought had even less of a chance of hitting a dinger than Bartolo, it'd be Hendricks.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Sydin posted:

If there was ever a pitcher who I thought had even less of a chance of hitting a dinger than Bartolo, it'd be Hendricks.

RA Dickey ain't never gonna hit no home run.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

shadok posted:

RA Dickey ain't never gonna hit no home run.

By all accounts, RA Dickey should have never won a Cy Young, yet here we are.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

N: Dodgers win their 9th straight for the 3rd time this year, are 40-6 in their last 46, remain on pace to beat the 42-8 stretch from 2013.

V: I am now seriously entertaining the possibility they might win more games than any previous Dodgers team.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Montgomery just had a hell of a save.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mike "THE CLOSE MAN" montgomery with the save in a 16-4 game

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Tony Phillips posted:

gently caress the Yankees forever, but let it be known - Aaron Judge is awesome and cool.

I am bored at work. I made this.

It's no Ibanez lawn dart, but long live monster homer runs.

needs a quote on another page because this is pret-ty cool imo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

THIS IS THE MOST gently caress THE DH IMAGE EVER PRODUCED BY HUMAN BEINGS
https://twitter.com/CSNChicago/stat...eaction-awesome

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Moments later Zambrano does that spinning fist move that Zangief does, demolishing the entire booth, before swallowing a whole rack of ribs like a duck and proclaiming HAW HAW HAWWW

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/892578361196724224

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/Rangers/status/892563502497452038

I think that's the longest center field dong in the Ballpark's history :stare:

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

R.D. Mangles posted:

mike "THE CLOSE MAN" montgomery with the save in a 16-4 game

It's no 27 run save, but I guess it's okay.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

elentar posted:

Supposedly once the mandatory 10 days are up, Dansby comes back from Gwinnett and retakes short and he and Albies hold down middle infield for the next 5-7 years. Camargo goes to third for now, Rodriguez backs up, Phillips gets traded. Adams flails around LF till Kemp comes back or they bring Acuna up.

But Santana at third is just dumb desperation.

In other words, "Just loving around."

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

N: Dodgers win their 9th straight for the 3rd time this year, are 40-6 in their last 46, remain on pace to beat the 42-8 stretch from 2013.

V: I am now seriously entertaining the possibility they might win more games than any previous Dodgers team.

That's been more likely than not for a while now. And certain other benchmarks are well within reach at this point.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

This makes me so happy. He's been so much better at the plate, it was turning into just a matter of time.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Tom Gorman posted:

Moments later Zambrano does that spinning fist move that Zangief does, demolishing the entire booth, before swallowing a whole rack of ribs like a duck and proclaiming HAW HAW HAWWW

Then he pile drives a Gatorade machine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Edinson Volquez done for the year with a UCL tear. Will miss all of 2018.

Dudes gonna be near 36 by the time he can throw again, no way he comes back.

• Locked thread