Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

jivjov posted:

Can I jump two consoles back in time for a minute? I fired up Xenoblade Chronicles for the first time today (not X...the old Wii one). How many of these "collect 3 bear asses" quests should I worry about? I'm not going for 100%, that's for sure...but I don't want to underlevel myself.

It was pretty easy to overlevel in Xenoblade so you really don't need to worry. Just make sure to pick up the generic sidequests to do while you get to the next objective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jivjov posted:

Can I jump two consoles back in time for a minute? I fired up Xenoblade Chronicles for the first time today (not X...the old Wii one). How many of these "collect 3 bear asses" quests should I worry about? I'm not going for 100%, that's for sure...but I don't want to underlevel myself.

You can beat the game no prob doing none of them cause all that matters is your level relative to your enemy's, and sometimes its just faster to grind where you are than use the log to find a quest and go there and etc. its a very badly balanced combat system in a lot of ways.

However, there is a huge subplot about rebuilding a town and that requires collecting lots of mats so if you wanna do that you probably will be fetching a lot of poo poo.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

jivjov posted:

Don't worry about any of them that you don't complete naturally. If you get a quest from someone that sounds interesting feel free to do it (stuff from named characters that aren't just "collect quest 2" or whatever tend to have cute dialogue and sometimes interesting outcomes) but otherwise ignore them. If you find yourself underleveled at any point, then do some quests in a convenient area.

I made a point of doing as many side quests as I could, using a wiki to ensure I did any missable stuff, and basically doing everything except superbosses, and it definitely wasn't worth it and made the game a worse experience for me.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

jivjov posted:

Why are you playing an open world game that isn't BOTW. Explain yourself

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Persona 5 Switch when

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Why are you playing an open world game that isn't BOTW. Explain yourself

I play BotW exclusively with the GamePad, and it's on its way back from Nintendo after being repaired for the second time for the same issue. That and I have over 100 hours in BotW and all I really have left to do is Korok seeds. I'll max out my inventory spots, but other than that it's on the back burner til Ballad of the Champions hits.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Switch is being delivered tomorrow. Should I buy BOTW, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or Splatoon 2?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

James Woods Fan posted:

Switch is being delivered tomorrow. Should I buy BOTW, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or Splatoon 2?

Yes.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

James Woods Fan posted:

Yes. IF you have to only pick one gently caress, BOTW.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

James Woods Fan posted:

All three are must haves but get Zelda first.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

BOTW > MK8D > Splatoon2

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
#FE for the wii u > BOTW > S2 > MK8D

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lol no one owns a Wii u gtfo outa here

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Norns posted:

Yeah but in THEORY someone could

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Get Zelda first. Play it like crazy for two to three weeks and then pick up Spla2n.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Norns posted:

thats why atlus should port #FE to the switch

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

spit on my clit posted:

thats why atlus should port #FE to the switch

No one should ever play #FE

it commits the cardinal sin of pretending anyone gives a gently caress about marth

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Norns posted:

I do.

I did...

...Okay I guess you're still right.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I still own my Wii U and it is still plugged into power for the one day I could potentially turn it on again.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Revelations was good fun on the Wiiu so I'm looking forward to this other one. If you haven't played the first then you should. It's a good successor to RE4.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I still own my Wii U and it is still plugged into power for the one day I could potentially turn it on again.

I sold mine to Amazon for like $300 with the 4 games I had with it. Imagine how many games on the Switch that is!!!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

My WiiU is still plugged in and gets use occasionally since it can actually play virtual console games :v:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

iajanus posted:

My WiiU is still plugged in and gets use occasionally since it can actually play virtual console games :v:

:same:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mine pretty much exists now so my GF can boot up Mario Part 10 and play the gem drop mini game and nothing else.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

Mine pretty much exists now so my GF can boot up Mario Part 10 and play the gem drop mini game and nothing else.

Mine's a Smash and Mario Maker machine now. I'll still keep it when those come to Switch though just because of all the versatile stuff you can do with hacking.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Gonna keep my Wii U. In the future there will be a retro gaming renaissance for it and prices will skyrocket because of scarcity and Nintendo.

The NES Classic will still be worth more than it, though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mercury Crusader posted:

Gonna keep my Wii U. In the future there will be a retro gaming renaissance for it and prices will skyrocket because of scarcity and Nintendo.

Same, I also use it as a Netflix and virtual console machine.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Tender Bender posted:

I made a point of doing as many side quests as I could, using a wiki to ensure I did any missable stuff, and basically doing everything except superbosses, and it definitely wasn't worth it and made the game a worse experience for me.

Weird, I actually had the opposite experience. I wasn't really a fan of Xenoblade's story or combat system, but doing all the sidequests let me enjoy and explore and see all of the level designs and areas, which was by far the best thing about the game. The only time things got unfun was when it came to superbosses, and that's only cause of grinding necessary to touch them.

It'd help to know that there's only 1 area with real missable sidequests that you have to look for. Most other sidequests aren't missable (or are actually just alternate choice sidequests).

Ventana fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Aug 2, 2017

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I use my wii u as a TV remote

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tender Bender posted:

Don't worry about any of them that you don't complete naturally. If you get a quest from someone that sounds interesting feel free to do it (stuff from named characters that aren't just "collect quest 2" or whatever tend to have cute dialogue and sometimes interesting outcomes) but otherwise ignore them.
You won't get there for ages but once you get to the cute mascot people tree village there's a really good sidequest chain. Everything else feel free to skip even if it's from a named character, honestly, it was all unmemorable.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Being overleveled for the endgame of Xenoblade was probably my only real regret throughout the entire game, and the optional super tyrants at least gave me some challenge in the postgame

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Im really excited to play XCOM Mario in bed y'all

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Norns posted:

Im really excited to play XCOM Mario in bed y'all

When's the release date for that again? They removed it from the "coming soon" section.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Mister Facetious posted:

When's the release date for that again? They removed it from the "coming soon" section.

29th!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'd been looking for this for awhile and finally found it; a website that compares all the prices on the different eShops to let you know where the best deals are. Hope it helps people who are interested in saving some cash!

https://eshop.calyh.re/

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-multiplayer-news/

quote:

Local multiplayer, split-screen and PVP are not planned at this point.

We currently expect to be able to start a beta test at the end of the year for Steam users to help us test the game. Mod authors will be encouraged to update their mods during this beta period. Then, in early 2018 we will release it as the 1.3 patch on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Consoles will get the patch too, starting with Nintendo Switch. This will be a bigger patch than usual, so be aware that it will take a while to roll out to each platform.

No splitscreen for nintento switch, genious

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Screen too small to really even do that, anyway.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Wait, what's a turtle shelf

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Argue posted:

Wait, what's a turtle shelf

Bad english from a france guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Real hurthling! posted:

Its a fun game even though its not polite

It was pretty meh and had a weird talking umbrella subplot that went nowhere, and reskinned Yoshi's Island enemies.

Yoshi has had enough of everyone's poo poo, apparently. Or remembered Yoshi's Safari.

• Locked thread